PDA

View Full Version : McCain 12 - Obama 0

crin63
08-23-2008, 09:31 AM
I live in a Los Angeles suburb that has a farmers market on Friday nights. Me, my wife and daughter walked to the farmers market. It's the first time I have been there during a political season. It never occurred to me that both major political parties would have booths at the market.

We came across the Republican/McCain booth 1st and there were a dozen or so people gathered around the booth getting yard signs, window signs and bumper stickers. It was quite busy and they all seemed to be enjoying themselves. I figured that there must be a Dem booth also and it would have allot more activity.

Well we came across the Obama booth and there was only the woman working the booth. There was no one getting Obama gear or even moving in that direction. Now being a guy I noticed that the woman working the Obama booth was quite attractive looking and had I been a single guy I would've stopped just because of that. So I was pretty amazed that there was no one at the Obama booth, all the hype and a beautiful woman, still no one interested. I wonder if that's telling at all.

Joe Steel
08-23-2008, 09:45 AM
I live in a Los Angeles suburb that has a farmers market on Friday nights. Me, my wife and daughter walked to the farmers market. It's the first time I have been there during a political season. It never occurred to me that both major political parties would have booths at the market.

We came across the Republican/McCain booth 1st and there were a dozen or so people gathered around the booth getting yard signs, window signs and bumper stickers. It was quite busy and they all seemed to be enjoying themselves. I figured that there must be a Dem booth also and it would have allot more activity.

Well we came across the Obama booth and there was only the woman working the booth. There was no one getting Obama gear or even moving in that direction. Now being a guy I noticed that the woman working the Obama booth was quite attractive looking and had I been a single guy I would've stopped just because of that. So I was pretty amazed that there was no one at the Obama booth, all the hype and a beautiful woman, still no one interested. I wonder if that's telling at all.

Obama campaign locations probably run-out of signs within a few minutes of receiving their allotment. Unless you're standing there when they arrive, you probably have no chance of getting one. They probably had just given-out the last sign.

Mr. P
08-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Obama campaign locations probably run-out of signs within a few minutes of receiving their allotment. Unless you're standing there when they arrive, you probably have no chance of getting one. They probably had just given-out the last sign.

But no one would know they were out unless the approach the booth..now would they.

My theory is: Those who would support O in LA are out parting on Friday night and don't have a yard to plant a sign anyway.

midcan5
08-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Just curious, did the McCain booth have a sign-in sheet, "Fools sign here: so we can lower your salaries, ship your job overseas, make the Patriot Act even more restrictive, get rid of social security, remove women's rights, pollute the earth and send your kids to war so we can make even bigger profits." Did you sign it, I saw in a local republican booth and the tools were smiling as I doubt they understood what they were signing.

Yurt
08-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Just curious, did the McCain booth have a sign-in sheet, "Fools sign here: so we can lower your salaries, ship your job overseas, make the Patriot Act even more restrictive, get rid of social security, remove women's rights, pollute the earth and send your kids to war so we can make even bigger profits." Did you sign it, I saw in a local republican booth and the tools were smiling as I doubt they understood what they were signing.

the republican party is dangerous then, maybe we should ban it...what do you think?

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Why would any self respecting Democrat visit a farmers market anyway? You have to cook all that stuff!!!! We all get our meals fully prepared, delivered and paid for by the republicans that are making all that dough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We call it "meals on wheels" in my neck of the woods!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Sitarro
08-23-2008, 01:37 PM

Of course they go through their signs quick, where do you think the drunks that hang out under overpasses, bothering us at intersections, get their sign material. You know the ones, Obama's constituents with the signs that say they will piss on your car for food.:laugh2:

Shadow
08-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Demos don't go to the farmers market...they just send their servants..

BTW would this be like the gullible democrats handing over their text message info for a fake VP "inside info" scam. Only to find out it was so Obama had all your info at hand, to beat you over the head for campaign funds later when he is hard up for money.

Little-Acorn
08-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Why would any self respecting Democrat visit a farmers market anyway? You have to cook all that stuff!!!! We all get our meals fully prepared, delivered and paid for by the republicans that are making all that dough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We call it "meals on wheels" in my neck of the woods!!!!!!!!!

We call it Welfare. :lol:

crin63
08-23-2008, 03:27 PM

The table was full of Obama trash, yet no one was even heading over to look. Me and my daughter stopped to watch and comment on it.

But no one would know they were out unless the approach the booth..now would they.

Exactly! Takes common sense to consider little things like that though.

You know midcan I keep reading your posts and the only conclusion I can come to is that you are an intellectual idiot. Its like you read all the books about other people's lives but have never actually experienced life yourself. It's tragic, I feel sorry for you.

Why would any self respecting Democrat visit a farmers market anyway? You have to cook all that stuff!!!! We all get our meals fully prepared, delivered and paid for by the republicans that are making all that dough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We call it "meals on wheels" in my neck of the woods!!!!!!!!!

LOL, that's great! :clap:

Abbey Marie
08-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Why would any self respecting Democrat visit a farmers market anyway? You have to cook all that stuff!!!! We all get our meals fully prepared, delivered and paid for by the republicans that are making all that dough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We call it "meals on wheels" in my neck of the woods!!!!!!!!!

Like this? :laugh2:

http://www.kk.org/streetuse/redneck_houseboat.jpg

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 04:15 PM
I believe you got a pic of the more updated amphibious model, abby!!!!!!! We done went through 18 years, 2 dem. and 3 repub congresscritters before we got that one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like this? :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
08-23-2008, 04:18 PM
I believe you got a pic of the more updated amphibious model, abby!!!!!!! We done went through 18 years, 2 dem. and 3 repub congresscritters before we got that one!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm surprised there is no lawn chair on the "roof" next to that giant cooler. :laugh2:

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 04:35 PM
We don't need no chairs when we got mattresses or hammocks!!!!!!!!!

I'm surprised there is no lawn chair on the "roof" next to that giant cooler. :laugh2:

Ain't nothin' slow about us, abby, but ol' man river. Life ain't easy, though, for us river rats.

That giant cooler is where they keep the Busch, abby. It beats the hell out of that Billy Beer rotgut stuff they used to bring us!!!!!!!!!!!! But, that may have been before your time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abbey Marie
08-23-2008, 04:40 PM
We don't need no chairs when we got mattresses or hammocks!!!!!!!!!

Ain't nothin' slow about us, abby, but ol' man river. Life ain't easy, though, for us river rats.

That giant cooler is where they keep the Busch, abby. It beats the hell out of that Billy Beer rotgut stuff they used to bring us!!!!!!!!!!!! But, that may have been before your time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever floats your boat, so to speak. :salute: :coffee:

manu1959
08-23-2008, 04:41 PM

ya but it was over at the dem controled congress booth....but no one was doing any thing there....

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 04:49 PM
BTW, abby, we cleen out that box every 2 yar or so and use it for a ballot box. An, dem ballots get counted two cuz I'm on the lecshun commishun. Dey lected me cuz I'm the only 1 down here with bettern a thirt grad educashun!!!!!!!!!!