PDA

View Full Version : McCain Advisers Say Stance on Abortion Is Crucial for No. 2

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Wanna bet? Words ain't crap. Historically McCain has been Pro-Choice. He's a Johnny come lately to the other side. Something tells me he is looking also for a recent convert.

Source: New York Times

McCain Advisers Say Stance on Abortion Is Crucial for No. 2

By ELISABETH BUMILLER
Published: August 21, 2008

SEDONA, Ariz. — Senator John McCain has narrowed his list of potential running mates to a handful of candidates and appears unlikely to select anyone who supports abortion rights, several advisers close to his campaign said on Thursday.

Former Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts and Gov. Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota are the top candidates......

McCain associates recently put forth two other candidates, former Gov. Tom Ridge of Pennsylvania and Senator Joseph I. Lieberman, independent of Connecticut, as possibilities.............

People close to the campaign also floated a wild-card choice, Gen. David H. Petraeus, the top American commander in Iraq..........

“I want somebody who’s independent, somebody who can push against my preconceived notions and challenge me so we have got a robust debate in the White House,” Mr. Obama told the newspaper.

He called his decision difficult and said that “we had some great choices.”

Much More: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/22/us/politics/22veep.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&ref=us&adxnnlx=1219546817-YVjGBNt3nKI6tKun6e4bRQ

This one is best read by a full reading of the article. Some of you will surely be shocked!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

actsnoblemartin
08-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Doesnt mccain need to get evangelical votes?

therefore, why wouldnt he need to get an anti-abortion v.p.

you know you love mccain :lol:

Wanna bet? Words ain't crap. Historically McCain has been Pro-Choice. He's a Johnny come lately to the other side. Something tells me he is looking also for a recent convert.

Source: New York Times

McCain Advisers Say Stance on Abortion Is Crucial for No. 2

By ELISABETH BUMILLER
Published: August 21, 2008

SEDONA, Ariz. — Senator John McCain has narrowed his list of potential running mates to a handful of candidates and appears unlikely to select anyone who supports abortion rights, several advisers close to his campaign said on Thursday.

Former Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts and Gov. Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota are the top candidates......

McCain associates recently put forth two other candidates, former Gov. Tom Ridge of Pennsylvania and Senator Joseph I. Lieberman, independent of Connecticut, as possibilities.............

People close to the campaign also floated a wild-card choice, Gen. David H. Petraeus, the top American commander in Iraq..........

“I want somebody who’s independent, somebody who can push against my preconceived notions and challenge me so we have got a robust debate in the White House,” Mr. Obama told the newspaper.

He called his decision difficult and said that “we had some great choices.”

Much More: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/22/us/politics/22veep.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&ref=us&adxnnlx=1219546817-YVjGBNt3nKI6tKun6e4bRQ

This one is best read by a full reading of the article. Some of you will surely be shocked!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Soooooooo,,,,,simple pandering to the evangelicals is OK with you, correct, marteen?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

actsnoblemartin
08-23-2008, 11:27 PM
of course not :laugh2:

when have you ever thought, im ok with politicians not being honest?

:coffee:

Soooooooo,,,,,simple pandering to the evangelicals is OK with you, correct, marteen?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues
08-24-2008, 12:10 AM
Maybe it's a mathematical thing, marteen.

of course not :laugh2:
when have you ever thought, im ok with politicians not being honest?
:coffee:

Let's start here: 2 plus 2 equals,,,,,,,,,,,,,,4, correct?!?!??!?????!?

It's almost hopeless,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ANYWAY

PostmodernProphet
08-24-2008, 05:21 AM

shucks, I figure if the Democrats can pander to idiots, there shouldn't be anything wrong with Republicans pandering to evangelicals......

theHawk
08-24-2008, 12:12 PM

Perhaps you'd like to point our where and when McCain has "historically" been pro-choice?

Is this what you consider a pro-choice record?

Pro-life and an advocate for the Rights of Man everywhere. (Feb 2008)
GovWatch: 1999: Don't force women to have illegal operations. (Feb 2008)
Abortion issue shows what kind of country we are. (Aug 2007)
Concerned if women undergo illegal dangerous operations. (May 2007)
Supports federal funding of embryonic stem cell research. (May 2007)
Prosecute abortion doctors, not women who get them. (Jan 2000)
“Family Conference” if daughter wanted an abortion. (Jan 2000)
Abortion OK if raped; and no testing for rape. (Jan 2000)
Supports fetal tissue research; against over-intensity. (Jan 2000)
Overturn Roe v. Wade, but keep incest & rape exceptions. (Jan 2000)
Support adoption & foster care; work together on abortion. (Oct 1999)
Wants Roe vs. Wade made irrelevant, but would not repeal it. (Aug 1999)
Opposes partial-birth abortions & public financing. (Aug 1999)
Nominate justices based on experience, and values. (Jun 1999)
Restrict abortions; no partial-birth; no public funding. (Jul 1998)
Voting Record
Supports repealing Roe v. Wade. (May 2007)
Voted YES on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
Voted YES on barring HHS grants to organizations that perform abortions. (Oct 2007)
Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
Voted YES on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
Voted NO on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
Voted YES on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
Voted YES on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
Voted YES on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 2004)
Rated 75% by the NRLC, indicating a mixed record on abortion. (Dec 2006)
Prohibit transporting minors across state lines for abortion. (Jan 2008)

http://www.ontheissues.org/John_McCain.htm

PostmodernProphet
08-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Psycho, you must know something NARAL doesn't know....here is McCain's ranking on abortion rights from that organization

2006: 0 percent
2005: 0 percent
2004: 0 percent
2003: 0 percent
2002: 0 percent
2001: Because only one choice‐related vote was taken in 2001 – to confirm John Ashcroft as
United States Attorney General – no numerical score was given for the year. Sen.
McCain voted anti‐choice.
2000: 0 percent
1999: 0 percent
1998: 10 percent
1997: 5 percent
1996: 0 percent
1995: 0 percent
1994: No numerical scores were given this year; of the three choice‐related votes taken in 1994,
Sen. McCain voted anti‐choice on all three.
1993: 5 percent
1992: 10 percent
1991: 0 percent
1990: 0 percent
1989: No numerical scores were given this year; of the two choice‐related votes taken in 1989,
Sen. McCain voted anti‐choice on both.
1988: No numerical scores were given this year; of the 14 choice‐related votes taken in 1988,
Sen. McCain voted anti‐choice on all 14.
1987: No numerical scores were given this year; of the two choice‐related votes taken in 1987,
Sen. McCain voted anti‐choice on both

http://www.naral.org/elections/statements/candidate-record-mccain.pdf

theHawk
08-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Psycho, you must know something NARAL doesn't know....here is McCain's ranking on abortion rights from that organization

http://www.naral.org/elections/statements/candidate-record-mccain.pdf

Or, pb is just a lying jackass.