PDA

View Full Version : Happy Days Ahead

Joe Steel
08-24-2008, 05:58 AM
November 4 could be a very bad day for the Republicons.

DENVER — As they meet for their national convention Monday through Thursday, Democrats are poised to shift their party's course — and the country's.

They're turning to the left — deeply against the war in Iraq, ready to use tax policy to take from the rich and give to the poor and middle class, and growing hungry, after years of centrist politics, for big-government solutions, such as a health-care overhaul, to steer the nation through a time of sweeping economic change.

They are, in short, more liberal than at any time in a generation and eager to end the Reagan era, which dominated not just the other party, but also their own, for nearly three decades.

As Democrats gather, liberal positions gaining in popularity (http://www.mcclatchydc.com/227/story/50009.html)

Kathianne
08-24-2008, 06:03 AM
November 4 could be a very bad day for the Republicons.

Indeed, that could be once again how they do as well as we all expected a year ago:

They're turning to the left — deeply against the war in Iraq, ready to use tax policy to take from the rich and give to the poor and middle class, and growing hungry, after years of centrist politics, for big-government solutions, such as a health-care overhaul, to steer the nation through a time of sweeping economic change.

And another:

http://www.slate.com/id/2197768/#inspired

Is David Brooks trying to sabotage Barack Obama? I think so. Discussing Obama on NPR Friday:

He's gotta tie himself to a theme that runs through everything. And the theme that's authentic to him is: He is the future. He is the kind of person who emerges in a global world. And that's what I'm looking for at the convention, whether he can do that. [E.A.]

Suggested slogan: "America is Over! Deal With It." ... Brooks must know this is incredibly bad advice. Even Gore Vidal would recognize that this is incredibly bad advice. Heck, even Susan Estrich ... 12:20 A..M.

08-24-2008, 09:47 AM
I encourage your continual shift to the left. It will indeed bring happy days when Republicans sweep into power again.

April15
08-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Joe steel,
I share your desires for dems but until the votes are manipulated the winners can be in doubt.

Little-Acorn
08-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Once again little joesteal cites an article that contradicts his theme. Every time the Democrat party has tried such a sharp left turn (McGovern/Nixon, Carter/Reagan, Dukakis/Reagan), they've lost by a landslide.

Their only hope this time around stems from the fact that McCain is partially liberal himself and willing to compromise conservative principles, as were Clinton's opponents - resulting in narrow victories for the Democrat candidate though he never got a popular majority. And in those two elections, the Democrat faked a "moderate, centrist" stance, with a media careful to not report his liberal extremism during the actual campaign.

Obama/Biden will not be able to fake such a stance. And more and more of the media is unwilling to cover up for them any more, with the circulation/viewership of outlets that do, falling steadily.

08-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Joe steel,
I share your desires for dems but until the votes are manipulated the winners can be in doubt.

What do you know, a liberal who admits they have to steal elections to win.

Abbey Marie
08-24-2008, 12:07 PM
What do you know, a liberal who admits they have to steal elections to win.

Tried to rep you for that one. :laugh2:

MtnBiker
08-24-2008, 01:59 PM
I am really quite glad that my happiness is not determined by who or who is not in an elected position.

April15
08-24-2008, 05:36 PM
What do you know, a liberal who admits they have to steal elections to win.I guess you missed my point.

manu1959
08-24-2008, 06:22 PM
if you owned a business would you want this shift to the left....

08-24-2008, 06:22 PM
I guess you missed my point.

you have to make a point for me to miss it:)

April15
08-24-2008, 07:14 PM
you have to make a point for me to miss it:)It was there but you missed big time. Nothing new.

emmett
08-24-2008, 08:00 PM
if you owned a business would you want this shift to the left....

There you go asking for a liberal to use practical deduction again. You never learn man!

April15
08-24-2008, 08:46 PM
if you owned a business would you want this shift to the left....I have a business , for 28 years or so. Yes I would like a shift to the left. Regun economic policy, Bush follows in his footsteps, have hurt small business . Clintons policies helped my business grow.

manu1959
08-25-2008, 12:08 AM
I have a business , for 28 years or so. Yes I would like a shift to the left. Regun economic policy, Bush follows in his footsteps, have hurt small business . Clintons policies helped my business grow.

interesting ....mine made it through bush i clinton bush ii.....makes ya wonder....

08-25-2008, 12:40 AM
I have a business , for 28 years or so. Yes I would like a shift to the left. Regun economic policy, Bush follows in his footsteps, have hurt small business . Clintons policies helped my business grow.

and which of Reagans policies hurt you?

April15
08-25-2008, 04:58 PM
and which of Reagans policies hurt you?ACRS and MACRS to begin with, then the increase in tax rate the loss of credit card debt as an expense and being taxed on savings interest paid to me.