PDA

View Full Version : The Statue

red states rule
08-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Got this in an email

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/images/statue2.jpg

This statue currently stands outside the Iraqi palace,
Now home to the 4th Infantry division.

It will eventually be shipped home, and put in the memorial museum in Fort Hood, TX

The statue was created by an Iraqi artist named Kalat, who for years was forced by Saddam Hussein to make the many hundreds of bronze busts of Saddam that dotted Baghdad ..

Kalat was so grateful for the Americans liberation of his country;

He melted 3 of the heads of the fallen Saddam and made the statue as a memorial to the American soldiers and their fallen warriors.

Kalat worked on this memorial night and day for several months.

To the left of the kneeling soldier is a small Iraqi girl giving the soldier comfort as he mourns the loss of his comrade in arms.

Do you know why we don't hear about this in the news?

Because it is heart warming and praise worthy.

Missileman
08-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Well, besides the fact the story is over 5 years-old, it appears to be somewhat altered from reality.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/iraqi-statue.html

http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/kalat.html

retiredman
08-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Well, besides the fact the story is over 5 years-old, it appears to be somewhat altered from reality.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/iraqi-statue.html

http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/kalat.html

That cracks me up. typical RSR pawning bullshit off as "facts"

Psychoblues
08-24-2008, 03:30 PM
There are certainly enough real and truthful stories to be told to provide all the comfort that the very mistaken warmongers need without resorting to bullshit to express an otherwise thoughful recognition for what our troops endure in war time.

:salute:

Kathianne
08-24-2008, 03:53 PM

His very first line, "I got this in an email." Go to those sites of MM or Snopes, you'll find they are saying it was going around in email.

emmett
08-24-2008, 05:53 PM
There are certainly enough real and truthful stories to be told to provide all the comfort that the very mistaken warmongers need without resorting to bullshit to express an otherwise thoughful recognition for what our troops endure in war time.

:salute:

How would this post be any different from the one you posted the other day about the "Captain at the resturant". I thought that was a touching story and told you so.

This is also such a story, absolutely NO DIFFERENT in theme but you critisize it. You're slipping David! I have always because you haven't until now sold yourself to an agenda thought you were just a man of conviction even though I didn't agree with political base of it. This post right here PROVES you have indeed done that simply because of who posted it. Shame on you man!

retiredman
08-24-2008, 06:21 PM
His very first line, "I got this in an email." Go to those sites of MM or Snopes, you'll find they are saying it was going around in email.

and rather than take the time to go to those sites and find out whether it was bullshit or not, RSR, the biggest fucking loser in the planet, would just as soon just parrot it on ot the rest of his adoring republicans..... and when called on it, his fervent protectors, such as you, will reliably come to his defense with all the regularity of a train schedule.

ho fucking hum:pee:

Psychoblues
08-25-2008, 12:50 AM
Considerable difference in concept and application, emmie!!!!!!!!

How would this post be any different from the one you posted the other day about the "Captain at the resturant". I thought that was a touching story and told you so.

This is also such a story, absolutely NO DIFFERENT in theme but you critisize it. You're slipping David! I have always because you haven't until now sold yourself to an agenda thought you were just a man of conviction even though I didn't agree with political base of it. This post right here PROVES you have indeed done that simply because of who posted it. Shame on you man!

I continue to believe in that story that I posted and commented on. This is a fab job and easily debunked. Can you debunk my story?

If crap like this gets you all torn up, emmie, you might be better off sacking groceries or sweeping streets to bide your time away?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

In the meantime, can I get you something to cool your throat and relax a bit?!?!?!?!?!

Set 'em up, Bartender: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

actsnoblemartin
08-25-2008, 01:07 AM
i'll have a water barkeep, thanks

Considerable difference in concept and application, emmie!!!!!!!!

I continue to believe in that story that I posted and commented on. This is a fab job and easily debunked. Can you debunk my story?

If crap like this gets you all torn up, emmie, you might be better off sacking groceries or sweeping streets to bide your time away?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

In the meantime, can I get you something to cool your throat and relax a bit?!?!?!?!?!

Set 'em up, Bartender: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Psychoblues
08-25-2008, 03:23 AM
You got it, marteen!!!!!!!!!!

i'll have a water barkeep, thanks

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

bullypulpit
08-25-2008, 07:38 AM

Wouldn't be the first time and damn sure won't be the last either.

Psychoblues
08-25-2008, 01:08 PM
I think the general population of the board has realized this for a long time, bp.

Wouldn't be the first time and damn sure won't be the last either.

But, it never hurts to remind 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I get a double shot of Heaven Hill with a Busch chaser?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I switched over to Heaven Hill whiskey after I got saved. :)

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute: