PDA

View Full Version : Yippe Libertarian Party

emmett
08-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Go read the polls folks! I'll spare you the details and let you read for yourself.
Bob Barr appears to have eclipsed 8% in most states and appraoching as high as 11% in one.

Amid this election season where another "lesser of evils" process offers itself to us again, I guess one statement is being heard finally.

Go ahead everbody, jump on it!

08-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Why should I or anyone else jump on it? As far as im concerned Barr is just as bad as Obama and McCain. It's still a lesser of evils for me.

I just havent figured out which poison im drinking yet.

emmett
08-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Why should I or anyone else jump on it? As far as im concerned Barr is just as bad as Obama and McCain. It's still a lesser of evils for me.

I just havent figured out which poison im drinking yet.

I am very interested in hearing from you, because I have an avid respect for your opinions, what is wrong with Bob Barr? Here is a man who is a conservative, a champion for the U S Constitution and a man of deep conviction to civil liberty as it was clearly defined in that document. He was always a state's rights advocate and placed more emphasis on the "blacking out" of the Bill of Rights than any Senator in history.

Bob Barr does not go "ooh" and "ah" when he answers questions which any profiler or professional interragtor / interviewer will tell you is the first thing to look for when asking questions of someone to decipher that they are lying. His eyes do not shift around, even in heavy light and he stays direct in his answers and does not beat around the bush.

Bob Barr has "evolved". He admits that. What is the true strength of a leader otherr than to determine when you are wrong and need to change view. He has done that. He admits his stance on the "War on Drugs" was wrong. Hell, it was. He admits he voted for a Patriot Act that was in his opinion in no way supposed to be used as it is.

He supports now and always has, a smaller federal government capable of much less infringement on your liberty.

He supports and always has, State's rights.

He has given in on the issue of marriage and covers it up with it ought to be up to the state's.

He has done the same with abortion.

I am a conservative and do not believe in abortion but I'll bend there in the interest of acheiving other platform goals. I realize abortion will continue rather it is illegal or not.

Bob Barr has always been an absolute champion for the second amendment.

Now please, educate me how John McCain or Barrack Obama could be anywhere near causing a fellow like yourself to be struggling with this "lesser of evils" choice you are having to make.

Bob Barr would make an excellent President. I think his admitting failures of the past make him just human enough to be unique as President.

Dilloduck
08-24-2008, 07:49 PM
I am very interested in hearing from you, because I have an avid respect for your opinions, what is wrong with Bob Barr? Here is a man who is a conservative, a champion for the U S Constitution and a man of deep conviction to civil liberty as it was clearly defined in that document. He was always a state's rights advocate and placed more emphasis on the "blacking out" of the Bill of Rights than any Senator in history.

Bob Barr does not go "ooh" and "ah" when he answers questions which any profiler or professional interragtor / interviewer will tell you is the first thing to look for when asking questions of someone to decipher that they are lying. His eyes do not shift around, even in heavy light and he stays direct in his answers and does not beat around the bush.

Bob Barr has "evolved". He admits that. What is the true strength of a leader otherr than to determine when you are wrong and need to change view. He has done that. He admits his stance on the "War on Drugs" was wrong. Hell, it was. He admits he voted for a Patriot Act that was in his opinion in no way supposed to be used as it is.

He supports now and always has, a smaller federal government capable of much less infringement on your liberty.

He supports and always has, State's rights.

He has given in on the issue of marriage and covers it up with it ought to be up to the state's.

He has done the same with abortion.

I am a conservative and do not believe in abortion but I'll bend there in the interest of acheiving other platform goals. I realize abortion will continue rather it is illegal or not.

Bob Barr has always been an absolute champion for the second amendment.

Now please, educate me how John McCain or Barrack Obama could be anywhere near causing a fellow like yourself to be struggling with this "lesser of evils" choice you are having to make.

Bob Barr would make an excellent President. I think his admitting failures of the past make him just human enough to be unique as President.

I might think about it fi he wasn't such a wobbler on illegal immigration.

emmett
08-24-2008, 07:57 PM
I might think about it fi he wasn't such a wobbler on illegal immigration.

:link: