PDA

View Full Version : Party Unity Tops Agenda For Democrats

Psychoblues
08-25-2008, 01:10 AM
This is going to be one helluva week for Democrats!!!!!!!!

Source: Washington Post

Obama Heads to Denver Via Key States

DENVER, Aug. 24 -- Sen. Barack Obama launched a four-day tour of battleground states Sunday to coincide with Monday's opening of the Democratic convention and its ambitious agenda of selling Obama to a national audience, presenting a forceful case against Republican rival John McCain and unifying a party still recovering from a bruising primary.

The gathering here carries unusually high stakes for a party that believes the White House is within its grasp but understands that victory remains far from certain. Democrats have packed their convention schedule with speakers who will seek to validate Obama and create the image of a leader capable beyond his years and a worthy foe to McCain, a seasoned war hero.

Some of the convention presentations will be designed to spark an emotional response, while others are aimed at specific constituencies, including veterans. Monday's program includes a speech by Michelle Obama, the candidate's wife, and a video tribute by award-winning filmmaker Ken Burns to Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (Mass.), one of Obama's most important early supporters. The film will be introduced by Caroline Kennedy, a close Obama ally and the daughter of former president John F. Kennedy.

But the most important events of the first days of the convention will center on Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and her supporters. The senator from New York won 18 million votes in her nomination battle with Obama, and the enthusiastic support of her followers is critical to Obama's hopes of winning in November. She will speak Tuesday night, but her message at events behind the scenes may be just as important. ...............

More: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/24/AR2008082402258.html?hpid=topnews

End the Sickness and Let the Coronation begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

actsnoblemartin
08-25-2008, 01:28 AM
Well i for one, want the democrats to be united,

both parties, as lanny davis said earlier, are playing too much gotcha politics.

We need both teams on the field, for this super bowl of politics, because dont you wanna beat the best player/the player on the field

dont you wanna win fair and square by convincing people you have the best ideas?

I dont like the amount of hatred, and partisanship, it does nothing for america.

I for one, think that republicans and democrats need to come together, and find a middle group on all issues, instead of all of our politicians donkey and elephant being stuborn jack ass.

Remember the pragmatic approach might not make you happy and give you symbolic victories over those stupid jackasses or those evil elephants, but who needs what truly best for all the american people :poke:

This is one man's opinion.

god said love your neighbor, not love your neighbor if he's the same party as you :laugh2:

This is going to be one helluva week for Democrats!!!!!!!!

Source: Washington Post

Obama Heads to Denver Via Key States

DENVER, Aug. 24 -- Sen. Barack Obama launched a four-day tour of battleground states Sunday to coincide with Monday's opening of the Democratic convention and its ambitious agenda of selling Obama to a national audience, presenting a forceful case against Republican rival John McCain and unifying a party still recovering from a bruising primary.

The gathering here carries unusually high stakes for a party that believes the White House is within its grasp but understands that victory remains far from certain. Democrats have packed their convention schedule with speakers who will seek to validate Obama and create the image of a leader capable beyond his years and a worthy foe to McCain, a seasoned war hero.

Some of the convention presentations will be designed to spark an emotional response, while others are aimed at specific constituencies, including veterans. Monday's program includes a speech by Michelle Obama, the candidate's wife, and a video tribute by award-winning filmmaker Ken Burns to Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (Mass.), one of Obama's most important early supporters. The film will be introduced by Caroline Kennedy, a close Obama ally and the daughter of former president John F. Kennedy.

But the most important events of the first days of the convention will center on Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and her supporters. The senator from New York won 18 million votes in her nomination battle with Obama, and the enthusiastic support of her followers is critical to Obama's hopes of winning in November. She will speak Tuesday night, but her message at events behind the scenes may be just as important. ...............

More: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/24/AR2008082402258.html?hpid=topnews

End the Sickness and Let the Coronation begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sitarro
08-25-2008, 02:46 AM
Fuck the Democrats and their hypocritical load of shit. The amount of money both parties, but more hypocritically the Democrats, are wasting on this election, could go to much better causes. Osama's egotistical decision to be officially anointed (old news) in Mile High Stadium is costing MILLIONS more than the ego-fest convention in Denver has already sucked up. Denver will not only be left with tons of trash, they will also lose millions hosting these assholes, not to mention the thousands upon thousands of jet fuel that is being used to ferry these lying, rip-off phonies...... individually..... to Denver. I saw Michelle getting off a Gulfstream today, Biden flying around on a Gulfstream yesterday and Obama will be arriving, seperately, on his 757, later in the week. Between the three of these holier than though assholes, they will burn more fuel in a week than 10 of us will use in a year.

The added waste to Denver's landfills will no doubt be a mile high also.:finger3:

Psychoblues
08-25-2008, 03:20 AM
Do you think I am not a pragmatist, martin?

Well i for one, want the democrats to be united,

both parties, as lanny davis said earlier, are playing too much gotcha politics.

We need both teams on the field, for this super bowl of politics, because dont you wanna beat the best player/the player on the field

dont you wanna win fair and square by convincing people you have the best ideas?

I dont like the amount of hatred, and partisanship, it does nothing for america.

I for one, think that republicans and democrats need to come together, and find a middle group on all issues, instead of all of our politicians donkey and elephant being stuborn jack ass.

Remember the pragmatic approach might not make you happy and give you symbolic victories over those stupid jackasses or those evil elephants, but who needs what truly best for all the american people :poke:

This is one man's opinion.

god said love your neighbor, not love your neighbor if he's the same party as you :laugh2:

I thought you knew me better than that?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

How about a cold H20?

theHawk
08-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Osama's egotistical decision to be officially anointed (old news) in Mile High Stadium is costing MILLIONS more than the ego-fest convention in Denver has already sucked up.

What better place for the man with a Mile High Ego?

Shadow
08-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Fuck the Democrats and their hypocritical load of shit. The amount of money both parties, but more hypocritically the Democrats, are wasting on this election, could go to much better causes. Osama's egotistical decision to be officially anointed (old news) in Mile High Stadium is costing MILLIONS more than the ego-fest convention in Denver has already sucked up. Denver will not only be left with tons of trash, they will also lose millions hosting these assholes, not to mention the thousands upon thousands of jet fuel that is being used to ferry these lying, rip-off phonies...... individually..... to Denver. I saw Michelle getting off a Gulfstream today, Biden flying around on a Gulfstream yesterday and Obama will be arriving, seperately, on his 757, later in the week. Between the three of these holier than though assholes, they will burn more fuel in a week than 10 of us will use in a year.

The added waste to Denver's landfills will no doubt be a mile high also.:finger3:

Not to mention all of the idiot activist thugs intimidating the citizens,disrupting traffic & keeping folks from getting to work,and tearing up the town. All costing MILLIONS in security.

My favorite of course is these activist assholes whining that the detaining facility is like a prison camp.. boo hoo. Morons!

theHawk
08-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Not to mention all of the idiot activist thugs intimidating the citizens,disrupting traffic & keeping folks from getting to work,and tearing up the town. All costing MILLIONS in security.

Hey, they're all just liberals doing their part for society. :laugh2: