PDA

View Full Version : Seattle's Car Free day a bust...but $$ for the City!

darin
08-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Here's a shock, the baffoon-of-a-mayor Greg Nickels' 'car free day' had more police enforcing the thing, than actual traffic. City was able to tow a couple cars, though...they like finding ways to stick-it to Citizens in the name of the Holy Faith of Global Warming...

Only in Seattle could an event touted as a way to help the environment get washed out during what is supposed to be the driest time of the year.
Car-free days is part of Mayor Greg Nickels' campaign to encourage people to walk, bike or take mass transit.

One neighborhood is closed off to car traffic during selected weekends this summer.

On Sunday it was the area around 14th and Republican on Capitol Hill, a residential area that's normally quiet anyway.

"I think it promotes awareness of whatever we're promoting awareness of," said resident Thomas Hubbard. ....

With more police officers diverting traffic than actual people, the city decided to end the event two hours earlier.

Adding insult to injury, the cars owned by some residents in the neighborhood were towed because the city wanted to clear the streets.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_082408WAB_car_free_days_SW.c03eb00.html

Little-Acorn
08-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Here's a shock, the baffoon-of-a-mayor Greg Nichols' 'car free day' had more police enforcing the thing, than actual traffic. City was able to tow a couple cars, though...they like finding ways to stick-it to Citizens in the name of the Holy Faith of Global Warming...

These are leftists, of the radical variety. It's the thought that counts, dontcha know, not the complete flop that results when they try to put their "ideals" into actual practice... along with the massive government coercion they invariably need to make it happen.

Abbey Marie
08-25-2008, 02:42 PM
"I think it promotes awareness of whatever we're promoting awareness of," said resident Thomas Hubbard. ....

:lol: :lmao:

darin
08-25-2008, 02:48 PM
These are leftists, of the radical variety. It's the thought that counts, dontcha know, not the complete flop that results when they try to put their "ideals" into actual practice... along with the massive government coercion they invariably need to make it happen.

"B-b-but it's the GOVERNMENT! They'd only take away our liberties for our own GOOD right? For the good of the collective?"

:-/

:lol: :lmao:

I LoL'd outloud too, when I read that! :)

theHawk
08-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Here's a shock, the baffoon-of-a-mayor Greg Nickels' 'car free day' had more police enforcing the thing, than actual traffic. City was able to tow a couple cars, though...they like finding ways to stick-it to Citizens in the name of the Holy Faith of Global Warming...

Wow, what a bunch of fucking Nazis. And this is the direction Obama and the looney left want to lead us to. Forced compliance by the government all in the name of "global warming". What a crock of shit.