PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, I Watched The Convention Coverage

Kathianne
08-26-2008, 05:08 AM
I admit I love watching the conventions, what political junkie doesn't? Problem of the day, it was the first day of school. Meeting after school which ended with, "Go to police station and get fingerprinted for national data base", the newest idea by the Church that has a problem with pedophile priests, so blame the teachers." (Interesting aside, it was a digital set up for fingerprints, but there were 7 of us, so we didn't get out of the station until 4:30). After stopping by the grocery and throwing dinner together, it was 7 before I could sit down and entertain myself.

What I caught:

It' all about Bill O'Reilly, switched to CNN. Likewise they were into spin, both were having their pundits rather than the 'speeches.' Both told me to go watch at their sites.com to hear the speeches. Switched to MSNBC in desperation, yep, there was Jesse Jackson Jr. He has good oratorical skills, even if I disagree with him a lot. We kept yelling, "Amen", as did many in the crowd.

Then Nancy Pelosi came on, back to FOX. I don't think I've been as hostile to a tv speech (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/25/nancy-pelosi-convention-s_n_121295.html) in a long time. Seriously, she makes me ill.

The Carter 'tribute' was only for the Democrats, interestingly enough, it dealt with him post presidency, even they didn't want to touch his record in office as he with the 'funny name' has been compared to him a few times too many.

The Kennedy segment was the best of what I caught. Caroline Kennedy did a touchingly good job, tying up her being too young to really remember her father and how despite his flaws, he was always there for his brothers' children. I've never heard differently. Maria Shriver and Caroline's tears even made me empathetic. Of course, my friend kept chirping in with "Mary Jo can't be here tonight." What I kept thinking is, while I seriously find Teddy's stances wrong, they are principled and agreed with by many. He or more likely his staff, which he picked, have written an awful lot of legislation over the years. He's often managed to get Republican co-sponsors, so he must be a likable guy. No doubt, he's had a very weird personal life, from Mary Jo, to the 'rape' charge of his nephew that Teddy played a role in, to all the well documented tragedies that are the Kennedy's. Just that he showed up, well to me it was touching.

As much as I wanted to, I couldn't stay up to watch Michelle's speech.

Sitarro
08-26-2008, 06:53 AM
I admit I love watching the conventions, what political junkie doesn't? Problem of the day, it was the first day of school. Meeting after school which ended with, "Go to police station and get fingerprinted for national data base", the newest idea by the Church that has a problem with pedophile priests, so blame the teachers." (Interesting aside, it was a digital set up for fingerprints, but there were 7 of us, so we didn't get out of the station until 4:30). After stopping by the grocery and throwing dinner together, it was 7 before I could sit down and entertain myself.

What I caught:

It' all about Bill O'Reilly, switched to CNN. Likewise they were into spin, both were having their pundits rather than the 'speeches.' Both told me to go watch at their sites.com to hear the speeches. Switched to MSNBC in desperation, yep, there was Jesse Jackson Jr. He has good oratorical skills, even if I disagree with him a lot. We kept yelling, "Amen", as did many in the crowd.

Then Nancy Pelosi came on, back to FOX. I don't think I've been as hostile to a tv speech (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/25/nancy-pelosi-convention-s_n_121295.html) in a long time. Seriously, she makes me ill.

The Carter 'tribute' was only for the Democrats, interestingly enough, it dealt with him post presidency, even they didn't want to touch his record in office as he with the 'funny name' has been compared to him a few times too many.

The Kennedy segment was the best of what I caught. Caroline Kennedy did a touchingly good job, tying up her being too young to really remember her father and how despite his flaws, he was always there for his brothers' children. I've never heard differently. Maria Shriver and Caroline's tears even made me empathetic. Of course, my friend kept chirping in with "Mary Jo can't be here tonight." What I kept thinking is, while I seriously find Teddy's stances wrong, they are principled and agreed with by many. He or more likely his staff, which he picked, have written an awful lot of legislation over the years. He's often managed to get Republican co-sponsors, so he must be a likable guy. No doubt, he's had a very weird personal life, from Mary Jo, to the 'rape' charge of his nephew that Teddy played a role in, to all the well documented tragedies that are the Kennedy's. Just that he showed up, well to me it was touching.

As much as I wanted to, I couldn't stay up to watch Michelle's speech.

I watched from Caroline on....... I always had a crush on her. I tear up pretty easy, I can't watch animal planet's rescue shows, they kill me..... but, I felt absolutely no emotion at all for Kennedy, not during the tribute or his really awful speech....... I guess I just don't care about him as much as an abused pit bull.

Michelle's speech didn't do anything for me either, it was exactly what I expected from a lawyer who really wants to get what she wants, I didn't believe a thing she said. Her kids were cute in a scripted way....... I can't really see using kids in that manner.

What I found interesting were the protesters, what a bunch of slime balls. Wearing masks and being guided by that shithead, Ward Churchill. The abuse that was given to both, the skinny kid from FOX and Michelle Malkin was very telling, a bunch of low life garbage shouting about freedom of speech as they tried to forcibly prevent those two from reporting on it. Guess who that human waste will be voting for.

Something that would have been interesting would have been shots of how many corporate jets were at Centennial and Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport. Biden came in on a Gulfstream, so did Michelle. Nancy has a Gulfstream, that we pay for. Who knows what Teddy is flying on with his money, maybe a Boeing Business Jet(737-700). Hillary will probably have at least a Gulfstream. Osama will show up in his 757...... that's well over 250 million dollars in aircraft. Everyone with their own individual jet burning tens of thousands of gallons or more of jet fuel, all while lecturing us on our fuel consumption. Who knows how much these two giant bullshit parties(Dems and Republican) will cost in money, time and the mountains of trash that will be produced...... for what? Osama's move to Mile Hi, for his enormous ego, will cost an estimated 3-5 million extra alone. Denver will certainly lose a major amount of money...... the last figure I heard was a minimum of ten million, you can probably double that. The elitism is disgusting and they are all guilty of it, it makes me want to stay home on November 4th because nobody wins, whomever is elected, just more of the same lies and cheaters.

SCREW THEM!

Classact
08-26-2008, 07:11 AM
It seems like the process has been a waste of time since, one, the party leadership announced from the beginning that with an Afro American and a woman running it sucks the air out of the room... and then once the party leadership choose Obama it was over! That happened months ago so now seems only to be a used car salesman's pitch to sell the junk they chose.

Ms. Obama had it right when she said Obama has that thread that holds America together but in reality he's hanging on by a thread that is unraveling...