PDA

View Full Version : Obama Getting Desperate?

Kathianne
08-26-2008, 05:32 AM
Considering the MSM hasn't really been going after the Ayers connection, this seems a big mistake:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12816.html

FOX and CNN have both refused to run the ad. Seems the Obama team is trying to get DOJ to replace the fairness doctrine to an even higher degree. lots of links:

Obama to DOJ: Block terrorist ad
By: Ben Smith
August 25, 2008 10:22 PM EST

Sen. Barack Obama has launched an all-out effort to block a Republican billionaire’s efforts to tie him to domestic and foreign terrorists in a wave of negative television ads.

Obama’s campaign has written the Department of Justice demanding a criminal investigation of the “American Issues Project,” the vehicle through which Dallas investor Harold Simmons is financing the advertisements. The Obama campaign — and tens of thousands of supporters — also is pressuring television networks and affiliates to reject the ads. The effort has met with some success: CNN and Fox News are not airing the attacks.

Obama has also launched his own response ad, directly addressing Simmons' attempt to link him to domestic terror.

The project is “a knowing and willful attempt to violate the strictures of federal election law,” Obama general counsel Bob Bauer wrote to Deputy Assistant Attorney General John Keeney last week in a letter provided to Politico. Bauer argued that by advocating Obama’s defeat, the ad should be subject to the contribution limits of federal campaign law, not the anything-goes regime of issue advocacy.

Bauer’s letter called on the Justice Department to open “an investigation of the American Issues Project; its officers and directors; and its anonymous donors, whoever they may be.” ...

retiredman
08-26-2008, 05:44 AM
Considering the MSM hasn't really been going after the Ayers connection, this seems a big mistake:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12816.html

FOX and CNN have both refused to run the ad. Seems the Obama team is trying to get DOJ to replace the fairness doctrine to an even higher degree. lots of links:

everything Obama does seems like a big mistake from the eyes of someone like you.

ho hum.

did ya watch Michelle's speech?

Kathianne
08-26-2008, 06:38 AM
everything Obama does seems like a big mistake from the eyes of someone like you.

ho hum.

Already commented on that. Ho hum, another baseless dis, but certainly expected. :lame2:

Classact
08-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Obama's wife: my hubby is a normal guy...
McCains surrogate: is not, he hangs out with terrorists...

Is so ... is not!!!

This is the week Obama should be selling his issues and not himself!

The polls are saying 43% of Democrats to 40% say Clinton would be a better candidate against McCain... Obama is tanking while trying to put band aids on cuts requiring some sewing... Obama has Thursday to ring the bell but McCain will quiet it with the pillow of his VP nomination.

Next week McCain will talk about issues and talk about terrorism and the economy... will blame Democrats for fighting domestic energy exploitation and blame high energy for the economy... Then the congress comes back to town to talk about energy and prove him correct... then September 11th comes to remind America of what weakness will bring!

Little-Acorn
08-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Since I've already decided not to vote for Michelle, No, I didn't watch her speech.

midcan5
08-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Notice the tools spread the nonsense while the republicans steal the loot.

For those who judge Obama by friends and acquaintances throughout his life, I expect a list of your friends and acquaintances. After we examine the list carefully we'll see what kind of person you are. Thanks.

Some of John's friends:

http://www.republicancorruption.com/

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

manu1959
08-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Notice the tools spread the nonsense while the republicans steal the loot.

For those who judge Obama by friends and acquaintances throughout his life, I expect a list of your friends and acquaintances. After we examine the list carefully we'll see what kind of person you are. Thanks.

Some of John's friends:

http://www.republicancorruption.com/

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

i am not running for president you tool......i judge obama by obama......he has zero experience running anything remotely as complicated as the this nation......his selection of companions and advisors goes to judgement and potential selection of future companions and advisors.....

other than that....i don't like his economic policies, his domestic policies, his foreign policies or his energy policies......he wants to run this company we call the us like a big day care center.....

other than that...he is a great guy.....

lastly why do you try to justify his poor decissions with poor decissions of others.....all it does is prove your guy is a piece of shit as well and no better than those your loathe.....

PostmodernProphet
08-26-2008, 12:42 PM
.all it does is prove your guy is a piece of shit as well and no better than those your loathe.....

that's worth points.....

manu1959
08-26-2008, 12:45 PM
that's worth points.....

thanks.....can't take credit for it though.....i watched this guy debate years ago and he used it or a form of it.....

No1tovote4
08-26-2008, 02:45 PM

ho hum.

Gawd was it boring. Seriously, it was painful to watch. So staged and generic. Then the kids thing. Geez. Only the worshipers could have been convinced that it was authentic.