PDA

View Full Version : Did Bush order tortures?

gabosaurus
03-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Sounds plausible to me. Probably had them taped for showing at dinner parties.

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/US_begins_secret_hearings_at_Gitmo_0310.html

The US government began hearings on Friday to determine if 14 accused terrorists currently being held at Guantanamo Bay can be deemed enemy combatants. The hearings, which have been closed to independent observers, are receiving heavy criticism for their secretive nature and what some are calling pre-determined outcomes.

"The administration has been almost pathological in trying to find ways to keep these people from ever seeing a real judge or a real lawyer," John Turley, a law professor at George Washington University, told the Associated Press, "and the reasons are obvious."

Turley, among many legal analysts, believes that the likelihood that torture tactics were used on the detainees has heightened the administration's state of secrecy for fear of public retribution. The law professor also suggested that President Bush not only knew about the torture program but may have ordered it.

"It seems pretty clear that they've been tortured," Turley told the AP, "and that the president knew they were being tortured, and may have even ordered their torture through techniques like water boarding."

stephanie
03-12-2007, 09:34 PM
:rolleyes:

Insein
03-12-2007, 11:12 PM

The US government began hearings on Friday to determine if 14 accused terrorists currently being held at Guantanamo Bay can be deemed enemy combatants. The hearings, which have been closed to independent observers, are receiving heavy criticism for their secretive nature and what some are calling pre-determined outcomes.

"The administration has been almost pathological in trying to find ways to keep these people from ever seeing a real judge or a real lawyer," John Turley, a law professor at George Washington University, told the Associated Press, "and the reasons are obvious."

Turley, among many legal analysts, believes that the likelihood that torture tactics were used on the detainees has heightened the administration's state of secrecy for fear of public retribution. The law professor also suggested that President Bush not only knew about the torture program but may have ordered it.

"It seems pretty clear that they've been tortured," Turley told the AP, "and that the president knew they were being tortured, and may have even ordered their torture through techniques like water boarding."

So desperate to help the enemy. Ask yourself, why? The enemy of my enemy is my friend. The problem for liberals is that their greater enemy isn't terrorists that want to destroy the nation. Their ultimate adversary is the man who's trying to protect us from them. So to them, the enemy (terrorists) of my enemy (GWB) is my friend.

So Liberals and terrorists have a bond with one another. They share a common goal. Destroy the current state of America at all costs. The view of the aftermath is where they differ. Liberals want a pure communist/totalitarian regime of total government control. Do as they say, when they say it and how they say it. Terrorists want a pure Islamic state of total Islamic control. Do as Ala says, when Ala says it and how Ala says it. Difference?

gabosaurus
03-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Bush was short of enemies, so he made some more. Not including bin Laden, who is Bush's dear friend for life. :cheers2:

stephanie
03-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Bush was short of enemies, so he made some more. Not including bin Laden, who is Bush's dear friend for life. :cheers2:

:lame2:

Mr. P
03-12-2007, 11:41 PM
:lame2:

I'm thinking our new 17 yr old idiot has more on the ball than Gabby.

Gaffer
03-13-2007, 12:12 AM
I'm thinking our new 17 yr old idiot has more on the ball than Gabby.

That's for sure. gabby is so far out there even the sage looks sensible.

gabosaurus
03-13-2007, 12:52 AM
I am so far out, I am more in than most of you.

Gaffer
03-13-2007, 09:22 AM
I am so far out, I am more in than most of you.

If you look to the far right of sage you'll find gaby, waving her commie flag.

Psychoblues
03-27-2007, 04:49 AM
To answer your question directly, gabby, yes. bush did order the torture and wants it to be a part of ongoing American military/political intelligence gathering techniques. He refuses, as he has done since his installation and now does on about every subject, to listen to the professionals or the wishes of the American peoples that want no part of torture done in the name of American values. He proves everyday that he shares few if any values with traditional conservatives and demonstrates almost as often his disdain for the nonpartisan values that the great majority of Americans have. He is a genuine American criminal.

stephanie
03-27-2007, 05:18 AM
Yeah right.....
Like torture is something new, that just started with President Bush..
You people sound so stupid..
Maybe you should ask our Korean, WWI, WW2 and Vietnam Vets about torture?

Good Friggen Grief......

Your all's hatred for President Bush has no bounds...

KarlMarx
03-27-2007, 06:22 AM

I'm going to confess, I haven't been keeping up with current events, because work and my social life have been a little hectic lately, so I may have missed something.

I read that 15 British troops were captured by Iran and are being "interrogated" (meaning, very likely, tortured). To my knowledge, NOT ONE PEEP out of the left wing about this.

The Left has been expounding on the horrors of Gitmo and accusing the Bush Administration of torturing people. To my knowledge, no credible evidence exists to support these accusations.

The Iranians, on the other hand, with a documented history of human rights abuses get the red carpet treatment from the Left. No outrage, no demands that something be done about it from the Left, nothing but crickets chirping in the background.

The Iranians are certainly torturing Brits and not a word from the likes of Shawn Penn, Babbs Streisand, Cindy Sheehan and Michael (Mr Cholesterol) Moore or the brave Dixie Chicks.

Proving once again, no doubt, the Left never met a dictator it didn't like.

glockmail
03-27-2007, 08:59 AM

1. The Georgetown prof wants these guys tried like American citizens accused of peace-time crimes. However, the legal precedent since the beginning of time is that enemy combatants captured during war don’t have these same rights, and the burden of proof on the claimant is much less. These facts continue to be ignored by the Left.
2. Water boarding is not torture.

manu1959
03-27-2007, 09:44 AM
1. The Georgetown prof wants these guys tried like American citizens accused of peace-time crimes. However, the legal precedent since the beginning of time is that enemy combatants captured during war don’t have these same rights, and the burden of proof on the claimant is much less. These facts continue to be ignored by the Left.
2. Water boarding is not torture.

they were not tortured.....if they are to be tried as american citizens ....then defacto they are american citizens and if proved captured on the field of battle...which is where they came from....the penalty is death....so lets ...try them... shoot them.... and show that at dinner parties.....

glockmail
03-27-2007, 11:15 AM
they were not tortured.....if they are to be tried as american citizens ....then defacto they are american citizens and if proved captured on the field of battle...which is where they came from....the penalty is death....so lets ...try them... shoot them.... and show that at dinner parties..... The key words here are "burden of proof". Our soldiers are trained to kill and break things, not serve and protect. So to ask them to treat a war zone like a police crime scene and then be cross-examined by a defense lawyer is ludicrous- and exactly what The Left is trying to set up.

Gaffer
03-27-2007, 06:48 PM
To answer your question directly, gabby, yes. bush did order the torture and wants it to be a part of ongoing American military/political intelligence gathering techniques. He refuses, as he has done since his installation and now does on about every subject, to listen to the professionals or the wishes of the American peoples that want no part of torture done in the name of American values. He proves everyday that he shares few if any values with traditional conservatives and demonstrates almost as often his disdain for the nonpartisan values that the great majority of Americans have. He is a genuine American criminal.

Please present your facts concerning the rediculous comment.

KarlMarx
03-28-2007, 04:10 AM

At this point Rod Serling comes out and announces tonight's episode of "The Twilight Zone"

Psychoblues
03-28-2007, 04:27 AM
Please present your facts, guffer, as you understand them to be, refuting anything I have said and certainly any "rediculous comment."

Please present your facts concerning the rediculous comment.

The insects are biting and the crickets are chirping. Possibly there is a snake that is intent on crawling up my leg if only for the warmth I can provide. You leave me in the dark, geffer.

theHawk
03-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Please present your facts, guffer, as you understand them to be, refuting anything I have said and certainly any "rediculous comment."

The insects are biting and the crickets are chirping. Possibly there is a snake that is intent on crawling up my leg if only for the warmth I can provide. You leave me in the dark, geffer.

You are the one making the accusations. Typically that means the burden of proof is on you.

gabosaurus
03-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Proof? Try looking at the documents that were endorsed by members of the Bush inner circle. Or perhaps the camp commanders who acknowledge that they took their orders directly from the White House.

Gaffer
03-28-2007, 01:23 PM
Proof? Try looking at the documents that were endorsed by members of the Bush inner circle. Or perhaps the camp commanders who acknowledge that they took their orders directly from the White House.

Yes proof. Actual facts that back up your statement. DU and moveon,org don't count, Neither do conspiracy sites or pro-jihad sites.