PDA

View Full Version : She rolled her eyes!

No1tovote4
08-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Hillary's speaking as I type. The first portion of her speech was about how they "must unify", they began to cheer some portion of the speech, she turns her head to the left, shakes her head in a "no" gesture and actually rolled her eyes!

Dude. Body language is cool...

Mr. P
08-26-2008, 10:02 PM
I noticed she was a proud mom, proud this an that...but NOT a proud wife.
He is in the hall though. Hmmmmm

No1tovote4
08-26-2008, 10:03 PM
I noticed she was a proud mom, proud this an that...but NOT a proud wife.
He is in the hall though. Hmmmmm

Did you watch him try to drag out a tear? That was pitiful. I can't believe that people believe what these people say. Their body language pretty much screams liar.

Mr. P
08-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Did you watch him try to drag out a tear? That was pitiful. I can't believe that people believe what these people say. Their body language pretty much screams liar.

I did..and many other unusual facial expressions..

No1tovote4
08-26-2008, 10:19 PM
I noticed also, she never said these phrases in any attempt to negate her previous statements.

"Barack Obama is ready to lead."

"Barack Obama will make a Great President."

She did mention that Michelle would be a benefit to him as first lady, but never stepped on iota across that line to go that extra step.

Weak. Seriously weak.

retiredman
08-26-2008, 10:23 PM
bullshit. it was a great speech. she did what she needed to do and she did so with fire.

No1tovote4
08-26-2008, 10:29 PM
bullshit. it was a great speech. she did what she needed to do and she did so with fire.

The conventions are for the worshipers, relatively few will watch them other than that group. I'm sure it was nearly orgasmic for them, until they realize that every thing she said about him was tacked to her.

He believes thusly, so do I.

He is thus, so am I.

It was a good party speech though, one of the few that I have seen that is what I expect from a convention speech. It's a "free" four day commercial (free to the campaigns anyway, not counting against their costs), and they spent the first day showing pictures of mommy rather than underlining the differences between the candidates.

Mr. P
08-26-2008, 10:32 PM
I noticed also, she never said these phrases in any attempt to negate her previous statements.

"Barack Obama is ready to lead."

"Barack Obama will make a Great President."

She did mention that Michelle would be a benefit to him as first lady, but never stepped on iota across that line to go that extra step.

Weak. Seriously weak.

She couldn't from a political stand point..don't remind folks of what you said last week/month etc. (unless it makes points)..build on the moment, she's getting ready for 2012.IMO

No1tovote4
08-26-2008, 10:41 PM
She couldn't from a political stand point..don't remind folks of what you said last week/month etc. (unless it makes points)..build on the moment, she's getting ready for 2012.IMO

It seems the same to me as well.

crin63
08-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Actually it was probably her best speech that I ever heard. She was loud but not shrill however I thought she lacked passion and real fire. She seemed somewhat less than enthusiastic to me.

manu1959
08-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Actually it was probably her best speech that I ever heard. She was loud but not shrill however I thought she lacked passion and real fire. She seemed somewhat less than enthusiastic to me.

i agree.....how hard it must be to do what she did.....support and champion someone she wanted to kick the shit out of......

she did well......

her body language and some things she did not say betrayed what she truely thought......

she could have done better.......

Little-Acorn
08-26-2008, 11:54 PM

She certainly did. She accomplished exactly what she wanted to with that speech.

It was interesting to see her start off her "Hillary for President 2012" campaign tonight. She was gracious enough to mention Barack Obama a few times, in between long spates of talking about herself. But she never quite got as far as mentioning any reasons why Obama would be a good president. She did say some nice things about Michelle, though.

Kathianne
08-27-2008, 04:57 AM
I thought I heard several 'zingers' from Hillary, the first:

"...a proud American..." (Michelle, in her first words among the applause}

"...Barack Obama began his career fighting for workers displaced by the global economy. He built his campaign on a fundamental belief that change in this country must start from the ground up, not the top down..." (not sure if aim was at Obama or Bill, the architect of NAFTA).

"...And I cannot wait to watch Barack Obama sign into law a health care plan that covers every single American..." (Barack, if he should win and not get health care through...) She's basically laid out that all his ideas were hers, championed for over 35 years, good set up in the opening.

Very good speech, I doubt Obama or his minions could complain, she attacked McCain in a logical fashion, from a Democrats perspective, in a way Biden is unlikely to do. Obama must be kicking himself for not putting her in.

red states rule
08-27-2008, 07:01 AM
Anyone who thinks Hillary will do her best to support Obama and get him elected also believes the Clintons are honest and trustworthy

theHawk
08-27-2008, 08:01 AM
She didn't even say she thought Barack would make a good Commander in Chief, nor did she say he was ready for the job.

Did anyone see the black woman being interviewd on the floor of the convention after the speech on CNN? She was crying because she is so inspired by Hillary, and she said she could not bring herself to vote for Obama because of his thin resume. :lol:

Gadget (fmr Marine)
08-27-2008, 08:33 AM
I found it to be a good speech. It will probably work for the majority of her base, to get them to follow Barack, but there will be that vocal minority that will cause a ruckus, and never back the Obama candidacy.

I did notice, as did Mr. B, that she said nothing about being a proud wife....I found that interesting, as well as the shot of the former President mouthing "I Love You....." or was it "I love her..." when he noticed a camera in his face....what an opportunist....