PDA

View Full Version : OKAY Libs, How much do you give?

crin63
08-27-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm so sick of hearing about companies making to much money and how we ought to take care of all these people that refuse to take care of themselves.

Conservatives give 30% more than Liberals to charity and earn less money. So why don't you Libs start leading the way and take care of those needy people you are always so concerned about. Show us how its done without taxing us.

What percentage of your annual income do you give to charities, needy people and sick people?

I'm talking about actual reach in your pocket or checkbook to give. If you want to list volunteer hours in addition to the money that would be welcomed also.

manu1959
08-27-2008, 12:17 PM
wife and i give 10%....plus 2hrs a week each

April15
08-27-2008, 01:06 PM
I never bothered to count what I give or donate. I don't use the charities to reduce my tax liability either!

manu1959
08-27-2008, 01:09 PM
I never bothered to count what I give or donate. I don't use the charities to reduce my tax liability either!

according to your claims.....you don't have a tax liability....you are a tax liability...

April15
08-27-2008, 01:14 PM
according to your claims.....you don't have a tax liability....you are a tax liability...Someone who is ignorant might think that. Having a negligble liability is knowing the rules of the tax code and how to use your deductables to offset your earnings.

manu1959
08-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Someone who is ignorant might think that. Having a negligble liability is knowing the rules of the tax code and how to use your deductables to offset your earnings.

you say you are unemployed because of bush and reagan.....all you can be is a liabaility....

April15
08-27-2008, 01:21 PM
you say you are unemployed because of bush and reagan.....all you can be is a liabaility....I did not say I was unemployed because of them, I said their policies hurt my income. I have been recoperating from rotator cuff surgery since Feb 29. I have started to get phone calls and do estimates from which work comes.
I also know a vast number of people in the trades who share my concerns for the economy and B ushco.

manu1959
08-27-2008, 01:22 PM
I did not say I was unemployed because of them, I said their policies hurt my income. I have been recoperating from rotator cuff surgery since Feb 29. I have started to get phone calls and do estimates from which work comes.
I also know a vast number of people in the trades who share my concerns for the economy and B ushco.

so you are on the dole while you recover......so the last 8 years in the construction industry were poor?

April15
08-27-2008, 01:28 PM
so you are on the dole while you recover......so the last 8 years in the construction industry were poor?Being self employed there is no dole to be on. Commercial is still viable especially hospitals but residencial, my area, is very slow and has been for a number of years. Mostly because of illegals that ICE won't take care of.

crin63
08-27-2008, 02:31 PM

That's a cop out. You should have some idea how much. An educated guess then would be fine.

Aside from our vastly different political views, I'm sorry to hear about the injury. Been there too many times.

Residential construction, are you a union Carpenter? I'm affiliated with the Carpenters union.

April15
08-27-2008, 06:28 PM
That's a cop out. You should have some idea how much. An educated guess then would be fine.

Aside from our vastly different political views, I'm sorry to hear about the injury. Been there too many times.

Residential construction, are you a union Carpenter? I'm affiliated with the Carpenters union.Last year about 4000. I am cement mason, operative plasterer and cement masons 500. But I am out on my own for about 27 years.
I had been after medical people for 10 years or so for my shoulder and finally got it fixed.