PDA

View Full Version : Uh OH....GUSTAV

Gadget (fmr Marine)
08-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Isn't that New Orleans in the cone of destruction? Get out now...don't wait for the government to tell you...once Gus hits the warm waters of the Gulf he is going to turn in to a Cat 4 or 5....and then the hurting will begin....maybe not rebuild New Orleans this time....lessons from the past should be remembered shouldn't they?

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT07/refresh/AL0708W5+gif/143912W_sm.gif

Gadget (fmr Marine)
08-27-2008, 12:45 PM
...and the models suggest the same track....anyone want an invitation to leave.....please don't wait.....

http://my.sfwmd.gov/sfwmd/common/images/weather/plots/storm_07.gif

manu1959
08-27-2008, 12:56 PM
anyone know where dick cheney is...............

Trigg
08-27-2008, 01:28 PM
I wonder how many people really will leave this time??

The population has rebounded in New Orleans, even the poor population has come back. How many of those people do you think learned their lesson and will heed the warning and get out before the storm strikes????

How many will wait for Negan to do something to help??? How many will wait for the gov. to come by and pick them up????

My guess........far to many will stay to "protect their homes" and get stuck in the same mess as before. Bush's fault all over again.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
08-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Al Gore is doing it!!! On the eve of the REpublican convention, Gustav will strike down those still in New Orleans, and Al Gore will proclaim that Global Warming (his only source of income) is the true cause...because the Republicans are still in power...

....errrrr.....something like that, anyway.

darin
08-27-2008, 01:32 PM
The light-blue line w/the round dots tracks it just about over us!

Trigg
08-27-2008, 01:38 PM
My dad is in the Dominican right now. Just got an e-mail saying everything is fine there. He lost electricity at his house for awhile (not an unusual occurance anyway).

Gadget (fmr Marine)
08-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Surely nothing to mess with...I know I am poking fun, but a Cat 2 and higher can do much damage, and have the potential to kill many people.

It is a very serious storm, to say the least.

fj1200
08-27-2008, 04:04 PM

Nobody cares about you red staters. :poke: :laugh2:

Immanuel
08-27-2008, 04:15 PM
I wonder how many will go to the Super Dome for sanctuary this time.

Note: I live in Tampa and I'm keeping an eye on this one myself. Tampa's in the outer edge of where the center might be in some models. They say being on the coast on the NE side of the storm is the worst place to be.

If there is even the slightest hint of it coming this way... think I'll go to the Super Dome! :) Not, but I'm not staying here that is for sure.

Immie

Gadget (fmr Marine)
08-27-2008, 04:33 PM
I wonder how many will go to the Super Dome for sanctuary this time.

Note: I live in Tampa and I'm keeping an eye on this one myself. Tampa's in the outer edge of where the center might be in some models. They say being on the coast on the NE side of the storm is the worst place to be.

If there is even the slightest hint of it coming this way... think I'll go to the Super Dome! :) Not, but I'm not staying here that is for sure.

Immie

North East side of the storm is considered "the dirty side," and is where the most damage typically comes from in storms from this part of the world...

I wonder if cyclones south of the equator spin the opposite direction.....

5stringJeff
08-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Gustav is supposed to be a Cat 2 or Cat 3 by the time it hits the Gulf Coast. Thankfully, the current governor of Louisiana doesn't have his head up his butt like the previous governor, so the state government might contribute something if NO gets hit.

Mr. P
08-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Only idiot MORONS would remain in N.O. this time..maybe GOD is takin a second shot?

Yurt
08-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Only idiot MORONS would remain in N.O. this time..maybe GOD is takin a second shot?

what about all the other times it was 'like' this and there was hardly any damage?

maybe this is more about people and their reaction to such events. nagin is probably swimming in his olympic size chocolate swimming pool right now...

Mr. P
08-27-2008, 09:51 PM
what about all the other times it was 'like' this and there was hardly any damage?

maybe this is more about people and their reaction to such events. nagin is probably swimming in his olympic size chocolate swimming pool right now...

Donno the history of La...but when Fay was 2 days out the Gov. of Fla declared a state of emergency..how many hurricanes have they had, how many with little damage? Some learn from experience, some don't. Lets just ship all the MORONS to N.O. and let God handle it.

Dilloduck
08-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Donno the history of La...but when Fay was 2 days out the Gov. of Fla declared a state of emergency..how many hurricanes have they had, how many with little damage? Some learn from experience, some don't. Lets just ship all the MORONS to N.O. and let God handle it.

Parts of New Orleans lived in a permanent state of emergency. That won't even get there attention.
Try yelling something like " All welfare checks will be handed out in Shreveport in two days " :laugh2:

Mr. P
08-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Parts of New Orleans lived in a permanent state of emergency. That won't even get there attention.
Try yelling something like " All welfare checks will be handed out in Shreveport in two days " :laugh2:

:laugh2: Yep, that'll do it!

darin
08-28-2008, 07:26 AM

That sure changed. We might be off the hook! :)

Gadget (fmr Marine)
08-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Latest models from this morning:

http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/images/at200807_model.gif

MtnBiker
08-28-2008, 09:11 AM
I guess Bush figured this was the last time he could use his hurricane machine to wipe out New Orleans, but damn he could have waited until after the GOP Convention.

Trigg
08-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Well we all know how much Bush hates black people (right Kanye??), it's time for a white chocolate N.O.:dance:

SpidermanTUba
09-06-2008, 12:09 AM
How many will wait for the gov. to come by and pick them up????

All the ones that are too old or sick to evacuate themselves.

My guess........far to many will stay to "protect their homes" and get stuck in the same mess as before. Bush's fault all over again.

Your guess was wrong jackass.

SpidermanTUba
09-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Ha ha ha, people dying is funny.

Mr. P
09-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Ha ha ha, people dying is funny.

Gotta clean that gene pool, come on in the water's fine.

SpidermanTUba
09-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Gotta clean that gene pool, come on in the water's fine.

Alright Nazi