PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Braces For Hurricane

red states rule
08-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Will the local government do their job and get the people out, or will they sit back and wait for the Feds to do the job?

Things should be better since La has a new Gov who knows what he is doing

New Orleans braces for hurricane on Katrina anniversary

As it prepares to mark the third anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans has been forced to draw up an emergency evacuation plan to deal with tropical storm Gustav, which is was predicted to reach hurricane strength in the Gulf of Mexico.

The storm has already killed 22 people in Haiti and the Dominican Republic and today it moved away from the Central American coast and into the Caribbean.

The eye of the storm was expected to pass Jamaica today as it sweeps towards the United States. The National Hurricane Centre in Miami predicts that it will grow in power as it approaches Louisiana over the weekend.

US National Guard troops are standing by as residents prepare to mark the third anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article4625493.ece

Dilloduck
08-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Will the local government do their job and get the people out, or will they sit back and wait for the Feds to do the job?

Things should be better since La has a new Gov who knows what he is doing

New Orleans braces for hurricane on Katrina anniversary

As it prepares to mark the third anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans has been forced to draw up an emergency evacuation plan to deal with tropical storm Gustav, which is was predicted to reach hurricane strength in the Gulf of Mexico.

The storm has already killed 22 people in Haiti and the Dominican Republic and today it moved away from the Central American coast and into the Caribbean.

The eye of the storm was expected to pass Jamaica today as it sweeps towards the United States. The National Hurricane Centre in Miami predicts that it will grow in power as it approaches Louisiana over the weekend.

US National Guard troops are standing by as residents prepare to mark the third anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article4625493.ece

Since the claim has been made that the Bush administration did so poorly during Katrina I think it's the democrats turn to show us what they can do. I propose Obama be the leading bus driver in a convoy of about 5,000 of them all helping to evacuate New Orleans properly.

red states rule
08-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Since the claim has been made that the Bush administration did so poorly during Katrina I think it's the democrats turn to show us what they can do. I propose Obama be the leading bus driver in a convoy of about 5,000 of them all helping to evacuate New Orleans properly.

Or perhaps the messiah will skip his speech tonight and go to NO; stand on the beach; and hold back the rising water with his mightly hand :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
08-28-2008, 01:13 PM

There are so many people under that bus, it wouldn't be able to move.

Dilloduck
08-28-2008, 02:59 PM
There are so many people under that bus, it wouldn't be able to move.

ok---you got a point----10,000 busses !!! :laugh2:

red states rule
08-28-2008, 04:27 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/126311.jpg

08-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Okay two questions:

1)Shouldn't New Orleans, of all places, already have an evacuation plan? It seems stupid to draw one up now. I mean did it not occur to anyone the last time this happened that they might need a plan prepared before the emergency? i mean seriously, come on people!

2)Are people actually going to leave this time?

red states rule
08-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Okay two questions:

1)Shouldn't New Orleans, of all places, already have an evacuation plan? It seems stupid to draw one up now. I mean did it not occur to anyone the last time this happened that they might need a plan prepared before the emergency? i mean seriously, come on people!

Here is the latest improvement in New Orleans

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/117418.jpg

retiredman
08-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Okay two questions:

1. they have one.
2. yes

manu1959
08-28-2008, 10:43 PM
1. they have one.
2. yes

gee could it be because the govenor know what he is doing this time......

retiredman
08-28-2008, 10:43 PM
gee could it be because the govenor know what he is doing this time......

and the mayor learned from experience

manu1959
08-28-2008, 10:45 PM
and the mayor learned from experience

funny i haven't seen anything from chocolate city ray......can you link me up.....

retiredman
08-28-2008, 10:47 PM
funny i haven't seen anything from chocolate city ray......can you link me up.....

he left the convention early to go back and oversee the evacuation. He spoke about the evacuation plans at length on CNN last night. sorry you missed him.

manu1959
08-28-2008, 10:59 PM
he left the convention early to go back and oversee the evacuation. He spoke about the evacuation plans at length on CNN last night. sorry you missed him.

link me up.....i was working last night....

retiredman
08-28-2008, 11:01 PM
link me up.....i was working last night....

do your own research. I certainly have no intention of being your library reference bitch.

manu1959
08-28-2008, 11:03 PM
do your own research. I certainly have no intention of being your library reference bitch.

then you are lying if you can't prove your claim that he left early and laid out his evacuation plans on cnn last night....

Yurt
08-28-2008, 11:13 PM

still fantasizing homo erotic thoughts i see....

retiredman
08-28-2008, 11:14 PM
then you are lying if you can't prove your claim that he left early and laid out his evacuation plans on cnn last night....

fuck you. I am not lying. If you can't watch TV, don't expect me to be your fucking clipping service.

manu1959
08-28-2008, 11:15 PM
fuck you. I am not lying. If you can't watch TV, don't expect me to be your fucking clipping service.

you made the claim....back it up.....

retiredman
08-28-2008, 11:16 PM
you made the claim....back it up.....

I saw it. you didn't? too fucking bad. Like I said... I ain't your fucking clikpping service, you stupid fucking moron.

manu1959
08-28-2008, 11:22 PM
I saw it. you didn't? too fucking bad. Like I said... I ain't your fucking clikpping service, you stupid fucking moron.

you are such a liar.....and if you weren't it wouldn't bug you so much to be called one.....

me thinks thou doust protest too much.....

prove nagen left and prove he has a plan.....i call bullshit.....

the gov is making all the calls and you know it....the mayor ain't doing shit....

Yurt
08-28-2008, 11:28 PM
you are such a liar.....and if you weren't it wouldn't bug you so much to be called one.....

the gov is making all the calls and you know it....the mayor ain't doing shit....

i think the mayor is doing something....preparing his speech wherein he blames everything, including the hurricane on bush

life is like a box of chocolates

retiredman
08-28-2008, 11:30 PM

I have no intention of proving anything. I saw what I saw. I heard Mayor Nagin say what he said. If you care to go find the transcripts, have fun.

manu1959
08-28-2008, 11:32 PM
i think the mayor is doing something....preparing his speech wherein he blames everything, including the hurricane on bush

life is like a box of chocolates

nah.....the liar from main claims chocolate city ray learned from his mistakes.......nothing bad can happen now......

the smart democrates learned from their mistake ....

funny i thought they were smarty than us ..... figured they would now that a big fucking storm would cause flooding and building a city below sea level would cause flooding and not maintaining leves would cause flooding.....i guess they expected the stupid people to warn them of this.....

Sitarro
08-29-2008, 12:13 AM

The fact is, if you are typing it's probably at the very least an exageration but more often than not an outright lie. If that asshole left the giant party, with free eats and liquor, early to return to that shithole, it's to get his payoff money out of the freezer before the looters have a chance to get it....... he may be an idiot but he's not too stupid to underestimate where he comes from and the trash that populates his chocolate city.

AFbombloader
08-29-2008, 01:09 AM

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/08/28/gustav.evacuations/index.html

Preparedness is a theme in Louisiana. Gov. Bobby Jindal has preemptively declared a state of emergency and urged residents to update their evacuation plans. New Orleans Police Chief Warren Riley said hundreds of officers will be posted in the uptown, downtown, Central City and West Bank areas to ensure an adequate law enforcement presence in the event of an emergency.

Looks like the gov. is doing his job....but no mention of the mayor??? Interesting. an earlier link says he "plans" on leaving the convention early.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/08/27/gustav.nola/index.html

Mayor Ray Nagin said he planned to cut short his trip to the Democratic National Convention in Denver, Colorado, to return to New Orleans by Wednesday night.

(Wasn't difficult to link up for you, your welcome Man From Maine)

I hope everyone who is there learned from the last time and evacuated. We really don't need a repeat of three years ago.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 05:50 AM

Boy, I bet the people of New Orleans feel safer now

red states rule
08-29-2008, 05:51 AM
I have no intention of proving anything. I saw what I saw. I heard Mayor Nagin say what he said. If you care to go find the transcripts, have fun.

Yet you constantly demand others provide links

Another example of the double standards you live by

Yurt
08-29-2008, 06:22 PM
this is how nagin the racist helps his city?

And those among New Orleans' 310,000 residents who ignore orders to leave accept "all responsibility for themselves and their loved ones," said the city's emergency preparedness director, Jerry Sneed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080829/ap_on_re_us/gustav_evacuation;_ylt=Avj3WgR2R_fHLah3r5Sz6i0EtbA F

yet last this happened it was all bush's fault. this has to be one of the most hypocritical and intellectually dishonest stance i have seen.

red states rule
08-30-2008, 09:42 AM
What a difference

Now the folks in NO are leaving, and Nagin MAY order a mandatory evacuation order

So is at least thinking about doing his job

Gaffer
08-30-2008, 10:21 AM
What a difference

Now the folks in NO are leaving, and Nagin MAY order a mandatory evacuation order

So is at least thinking about doing his job

He may issue a mandatory order. But then again, he may not. It will depend on how much blame he can place on repubicans and how many deaths he can use politically. If a high body count helps the dems he won't issue the order.

red states rule
08-30-2008, 10:47 AM
He may issue a mandatory order. But then again, he may not. It will depend on how much blame he can place on repubicans and how many deaths he can use politically. If a high body count helps the dems he won't issue the order.

and if the levy breaks again, libs will say McCain and Palin planted a bomb to blow them up so only the black areas would be flooded

red states rule
08-31-2008, 07:08 AM
Nagin has finally did his job. He will order a mandatory order to leave NO at 8AM his time this morning

Damn, I wonder how many study groups he had to so he could made such a hard decision

A cat 4 or 5 storm is going to hit his city, and took this long to issue the order?

krisy
08-31-2008, 08:37 AM
Nagin has finally did his job. He will order a mandatory order to leave NO at 8AM his time this morning

Damn, I wonder how many study groups he had to so he could made such a hard decision

A cat 4 or 5 storm is going to hit his city, and took this long to issue the order?

I couldn't beleive that it took this long either. I was telling my husband yesterday that Nagin needed to grow a set of balls and issue that mandatory order. Why in the world would he wait so long?!!!

He is incompetent and I really have to wonder about the people of New Orleans,knowing they re elected him.

We did hear on the radio yesterday that evacuation is going well and that they even have the SPCA there taking pets to a safe place until the hurricane is over. I'm sure the new governor has everything to do with it going better this time.:salute:

red states rule
08-31-2008, 08:40 AM
I couldn't beleive that it took this long either. I was telling my husband yesterday that Nagin needed to grow a set of balls and issue that mandatory order. Why in the world would he wait so long?!!!

He is incompetent and I really have to wonder about the people of New Orleans,knowing they re elected him.

We did hear on the radio yesterday that evacuation is going well and that they even have the SPCA there taking pets to a safe place until the hurricane is over. I'm sure the new governor has everything to do with it going better this time.:salute:

It would be hard for an idiot like Nagin, to screw up worse then he did with Katrina

At least the people in NO are not sitting on their ass and waiting for the Feds to get them out like they did before

It could be because the state of La does have an adult as Gov and not the liberal bimbo they had with Katrina