PDA

View Full Version : Wealth?

MtnBiker
08-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Is personal wealth a good thing? Not just personal satisfaction but actually monetary and asset wealth.

What is the best way to aquire wealth? Or what are some good ways to aquire wealth?

manu1959
08-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Is personal wealth a good thing? Not just personal satisfaction but actually monetary and asset wealth.

What is the best way to aquire wealth? Or what are some good ways to aquire wealth?

yes....it allows you to take care of your family as you see fit without having to rely on the handouts of others.....

the best way to aquire it is to inherit it or marry it.......

other than that it takes a lot of luck, hard work and sacrifice.....

darin
08-28-2008, 02:21 PM
[voice=Liberal]it's the responsibility of the Government to make it's citizens financially secure!![/liberal]

manu1959
08-28-2008, 02:27 PM
[voice=Liberal]it's the responsibility of the Government to make it's citizens financially secure!![/liberal]

where will the government get the money......

darin
08-28-2008, 02:29 PM
[voice=liberal]...they can print all they want! :) OR...they simply take it from people non-smart people give it too...big business! We want their product, so we GIVE our money to THEM, then demand the money BACK from them in the nature of fairness. We liberals WANT our cake. But we want to EAT it to. But if we Eat the cake, we won't have it. But we WANT it. [/liberal]

Immanuel
08-28-2008, 02:33 PM
Wealth is evil except for my wealth that is. Money is the root of all evil. Somewhere in that book that cannot be read in schools it says that... I think.

{slaps the liberal thoughts out of my head} :laugh2:

Immie

manu1959
08-28-2008, 02:33 PM
[voice=liberal]...they can print all they want! :) OR...they simply take it from people non-smart people give it too...big business! We want their product, so we GIVE our money to THEM, then demand the money BACK from them in the nature of fairness. We liberals WANT our cake. But we want to EAT it to. But if we Eat the cake, we won't have it. But we WANT it. [/liberal]

but if you take all the money from those that know how to make it where is the incentive to try and make any....why not just sit back like the rest of the slackers....

so you end up discouraging being competitive, successful, creative, entrepenurial and encourage sitting back and only doing enough to be equally rewarded with everyone else.....

problem is where does the money goods and services come from to feed clothe and house everyone......

anyone ever work at a company like this.....

manu1959
08-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Wealth is evil except for my wealth that is. Money is the root of all evil. Somewhere in that book that cannot be read in schools it says that... I think.

{slaps the liberal thoughts out of my head} :laugh2:

Immie

evil is the root of all evil.....money just allows evil people to do things they otherwise could not afford.....

Immanuel
08-28-2008, 02:38 PM
evil is the root of all evil.....money just allows evil people to do things they otherwise could not afford.....

As a liberal, I cannot believe in evil as any kind of tangible being such as Satan. Therefore, evil cannot be the root of evil. Wealth is the root of all evil. Your wealth in fact.

Leave mine alone.

Immie

manu1959
08-28-2008, 02:47 PM
As a liberal, I cannot believe in evil as any kind of tangible being such as Satan. Therefore, evil cannot be the root of evil. Wealth is the root of all evil. Your wealth in fact.

Leave mine alone.

Immie

interesting.....if wealth is the root of all evil and liberals are always fighting for the greater good why do you want my money ....it will only make you evil .... and since i am already corrupted and evil it is too late for me....save yourselves.....and if i have to i will be happy to take all your money so you can be free from evil temptation....

Dilloduck
08-28-2008, 02:58 PM
interesting.....if wealth is the root of all evil and liberals are always fighting for the greater good why do you want my money ....it will only make you evil .... and since i am already corrupted and evil it is too late for me....save yourselves.....and if i have to i will be happy to take all your money so you can be free from evil temptation....

Liberals are superior and not tempted to do evil with wealth. Sorta like reverse Kryptonite.

midcan5
08-28-2008, 02:58 PM

Probably. But all things exist in some context so we don't know. Acquiring real wealth is harder, as many who try fail. Start saving young, use trusted investments, work hard, and be frugal with spending, or marry money as someone we all know did.

http://www.walletpop.com/article/_a/god-wants-me-to-be-rich/20080724133909990001

08-28-2008, 03:04 PM

1)Yes
2)Through Honest, Hard work.
3)Real Estate, lending money for interest, developing specialized skills that you can charge nice rates for. Of course, in order to make money you need money.

Dilloduck
08-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Probably. But all things exist in some context so we don't know. Acquiring real wealth is harder, as many who try fail. Start saving young, use trusted investments, work hard, and be frugal with spending, or marry money as someone we all know did.

http://www.walletpop.com/article/_a/god-wants-me-to-be-rich/20080724133909990001

Wealth is symbolic of goods and services provided at one time. Humans need to sufficient goods and services or they will die. You can either make the effort to provide these things for yourself and family or hope to God someone else provides it for you.

PostmodernProphet
08-28-2008, 04:04 PM
the less you need, the wealthier you are....

Dilloduck
08-28-2008, 04:09 PM
the less you need, the wealthier you are....

I'm not so sure about that but you sure as hell have more freedom. I'm assuming that we are talking about wealth that can be transferred to another in the form of cash of course.

PostmodernProphet
08-28-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm not so sure about that but you sure as hell have more freedom. I'm assuming that we are talking about wealth that can be transferred to another in the form of cash of course.

shouldn't wealth be measured by the difference between what you have and what you need to have?......a man with a million dollars and annual expenses of two million isn't wealthy......

Immanuel
08-28-2008, 06:41 PM

Liberals are superior and not tempted to do evil with wealth. Sorta like reverse Kryptonite.

Yeah manu, I'm superior than all yall, ;) just give me your money and I will put it to good use. I promise.

Let's see... a new car... a hummer no doubt... in fact one for me, one for my wife and one for my son just to travel back and forth to school and work. Oh and then there is the new house... 12 bedrooms and thousands upon thousands of lights. I want it lit up like a ballpark.

I need a jet too. So that I can fly to visit my brothers in California and Virginia too. I need an 80' yacht for weekend cruising... oh and I mustn't forget to send $50 or so to the homeless shelter next month, gotta feed those hungry now don't we?

Immie

Silver
08-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Probably. But all things exist in some context so we don't know. Acquiring real wealth is harder, as many who try fail. Start saving young, use trusted investments, work hard, and be frugal with spending,

or marry money as someone we all know did.

Really...there was no reason to bring up John Kerry is this thread....

http://www.walletpop.com/article/_a/god-wants-me-to-be-rich/20080724133909990001a

Trigg
08-28-2008, 06:52 PM
No one on their deathbed ever said "I wish I'd spent more time at work".

Just remember, money doesn't bring happiness. :salute:

Immanuel
08-28-2008, 06:58 PM
No one on their deathbed ever said "I wish I'd spent more time at work".

Just remember, money doesn't bring happiness. :salute:

Maybe not, but it sure makes it easier to drink the sorrows away. :salute:

Immie