PDA

View Full Version : Jury acquits former Marine in killing of Iraqis

actsnoblemartin
08-28-2008, 07:50 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080828/ap_on_re_us/marines_fallujah

RIVERSIDE, Calif. - A former Marine accused of killing unarmed Iraqi detainees was acquitted of voluntary manslaughter Thursday in a first-of-its-kind federal trial.

The jury took six hours to find Jose Luis Nazario Jr. not guilty of charges that he killed or caused others to kill four unarmed detainees on Nov. 9, 2004, in Fallujah, Iraq, during some of the fiercest fighting of the war.

April15
08-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Did you think for a nano second he'd be found guilty?

Immanuel
08-28-2008, 08:27 PM

In Riverside, CA it is a possibility. Now, if he had been tried in San Francisco, that possibility would become a probability.

Immie

crin63
08-28-2008, 11:06 PM

No, I didn't since he wasn't guilty.

manu1959
08-28-2008, 11:14 PM

from the article:

Other former Marines testified during the five-day trial that they did not see Nazario kill detainees but heard the gunshots.

McDermott told jurors they could not convict the former Marine sergeant of an alleged crime in which there were no bodies, no identities and no forensics.

so no bodies....no forensics...no eye witnesses.....and no one can even place him at the scene of the alleged crime.....

tell me how do you convict someone of a crime with no evidence.....

April15
08-29-2008, 05:09 PM
The court couldn't even convict OJ! They had bodies there!

actsnoblemartin
08-29-2008, 06:27 PM
I was MORE angry that he was even tried :poke:

are fighting a war, or playing tag?

the rules of engagement are garbage.

You fight to win a war!.

ok, im ready to be flamed for this :laugh2:

Kathianne
08-29-2008, 07:52 PM
The court couldn't even convict OJ! They had bodies there!

So you think this was jury nullification? (http://www.albany.edu/scj/jcjpc/vol6is3/leone.html)

Noir
08-30-2008, 04:24 AM
I was MORE angry that he was even tried :poke:

are fighting a war, or playing tag?

the rules of engagement are garbage.

You fight to win a war!.

ok, im ready to be flamed for this :laugh2:

=S

Seriously dude you mst know what you've said is balls.

How would murdering unarmed detainees would help the war effort?

Now it is clear that the guy is innocent from what has been posted, but if he was suspected of man slaughter then it is only right he should be tried, otherwise troops could just walk around shooting whoever they wanted cus 'it's a war and you can't murder people in a war right?'

Also ANM if you really do think that their are no innocents and no murderers in war, then what about 9/11? No-one was murdered cus it was just an act of war right?

emmett
08-31-2008, 05:23 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080828/ap_on_re_us/marines_fallujah

RIVERSIDE, Calif. - A former Marine accused of killing unarmed Iraqi detainees was acquitted of voluntary manslaughter Thursday in a first-of-its-kind federal trial.

The jury took six hours to find Jose Luis Nazario Jr. not guilty of charges that he killed or caused others to kill four unarmed detainees on Nov. 9, 2004, in Fallujah, Iraq, during some of the fiercest fighting of the war.

Well............I guess that settles that!