PDA

View Full Version : Tea Leaves: Is It Sarah Palin?

Pages : 1 [2]

Sitarro
08-29-2008, 04:42 PM
okay, I can't believe this....17 pages and all of you have missed the obvious.....I mean, you got the first mainstream woman who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking gal, I mean, that’s a storybook, man........

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::clap::clap:

That sounds strangely familiar.:laugh2:

red states rule
08-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Perhaps, Immie, but only for ourselves. Not for other women. Many women would not care to do such a thing, and most of us don't ever have to face it, but knowing all the bad possibilities in life, don't want to deny that choice to women who find themselves in serious trouble.

That's fine if they are only choosing for themselves. When it comes to carrying to term a fetus with a severe birth defect, that choice will usually impact several family members as well as the mother; nevertheless, it's her choice.

However, to choose that NO ONE can choose? That would be immoral, IMO, and yet that is what this Palin woman apparently stands for: all women so unfortunate as she was to be forced to carry a Down Syndrome baby to birth and care for it all their lives, as she did. Well, she can pay to have it cared for, of course, and does, while she gallivants around the country campaigning and abandons her children, but everyone else is supposed to throw their lives away caring for a retarded child: that's the implication of such a belief system as hers.

This is not compassionate, in my opinion. Not at all. It's not good for the country, either. We've made a lot of progress in stopping the huge personal and national costs of a large natural population of gravely disabled children. I think that is excellent for us all.

Two predictions:

1. The republicans will run ads with Palin and her Down's Syndrome Child

2. The democrats will go ballistic

I am quite sure her child is being well cared for. Sorry to see you are for killing the child rather then caring for it. Much like how Obama sees no problem with allowing babies who survive an abortion to die. You guys need to find something else to blather on about.

CockySOB
08-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Actually, she is the ONLY person on ANY of the two tickets to have served in an Executive branch - the other three people (McCain, Obama and Biden) are law-makers.....

And she's got a history of defeating the incumbent Republican governor of Alaska, and openly attacking the Republicans in her state for their pork spending and corruption.

You'd think the Democrats would be in love with her for that, but I guess not....

PostmodernProphet
08-29-2008, 05:03 PM
I see one serious drawback to her nomination.....how on earth are political cartoonists going to make her look silly?......

CockySOB
08-29-2008, 05:05 PM
I see one serious drawback to her nomination.....how on earth are political cartoonists going to make her look silly?......

I can picture a cartoon already....

On one side, the Democrats and the other the Republicans.

Obama, Hillary, and Biden are all standing, waving to the adoring Democrats.
McCain and Palin are doing the same to the Republicans.
Bill Clinton is half-heartedly waving to the crowd while looking at Palin.
The caption above Slick Willy's head reads, "Damn, who's the hottie?"

PostmodernProphet
08-29-2008, 05:09 PM
actually, I was thinking more along the lines of Obama's ears, or Bush drawn like a chimp.....but your subject matter brings a grin....

CockySOB
08-29-2008, 05:27 PM
actually, I was thinking more along the lines of Obama's ears, or Bush drawn like a chimp.....but your subject matter brings a grin....

I can't wait to see what the guys at Jib-Jab do with all this....

red states rule
08-29-2008, 05:32 PM
The liberal media is now attacking Ms Palin via her infant son

CNN’s John Roberts: Palin Might Neglect Her Disabled Infant?
By Matthew Balan (Bio | Archive)
August 29, 2008 - 13:41 ET

CNN’s John Roberts, after briefly alluding to the issue of Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin’s experience he called into question earlier on Friday’s "Newsroom" program, asked correspondent Dana Bash about how the Alaska governor’s newborn son with Down’s syndrome might be affected if she were elected: "There's also this issue that on April 18th, she gave birth to a baby with Down's Syndrome.... Children with Down's syndrome require an awful lot of attention. The role of Vice President, it seems to me, would take up an awful lot of her time, and it raises the issue of how much time will she have to dedicate to her newborn child?"

Bash deftly answered this question, which has the implication that Palin could neglect her infant son, and made a possible counter-argument the McCain camp would use, that a question like Roberts’ would be sexist: "That's a very good question, and I guess -- my guess is that, perhaps, the line inside the McCain campaign would be, if it were a man being picked who also had a baby, but -- you know, four months ago with Down's Syndrome, would you ask the same question?"

The CNN correspondent continued by briefly describing the Palin’s family situation and the thinking that may have gone into the situation for both McCain and Palin herself. She concluded by reporting on the Alaska governor’s appeal to social conservatives because she is "very staunchly anti-abortion," in Bash’s words.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/2008/08/29/cnn-s-john-roberts-palin-might-neglect-her-disabled-infant

red states rule
08-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Looks like the Obama camp can't even get their reaction to Gov Palin's selection straight

WASHINGTON, DC (WUSA)--News organizations got two different emails on Friday from Sen. Barack Obama's campaign reacting to Sen. John McCain's selection of Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate.

Shortly before McCain's noon announcement, Obama Campaign Spokesman, Bill Burton released:

"Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency. Governor Palin shares John McCain's commitment to overturning Roe v. Wade, the agenda of Big Oil and continuing George Bush's failed economic policies -- that's not the change we need, it's just more of the same."

"Then just after 1pm, the Obama camp released this statement from Sen. Obama and his running mate, Sen. Joeseph Biden:

"We send our congratulations to Governor Sarah Palin and her family on her designation as the republican nominee for Vice President. It is yet another encouraging sign that old barriers are falling in our politics. While we obviously have differences over how best to lead this country forward Governor Palin is an admirable person and will add a compelling new voice to this campaign."

http://m.wusa9.com/news.jsp?key=129541&rc=lo

theHawk
08-29-2008, 06:27 PM
LOL. Its hysterical to watch the liberal media meltdown. They can't believe Republicans might be the first to have a female VP. They cannot believe a good looking normal feminist mom would be staunchly pro-life. They are all in total shock.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 06:29 PM
LOL. Its hysterical to watch the liberal media meltdown. They can't believe Republicans might be the first to have a female VP. They cannot believe a good looking normal feminist mom would be staunchly pro-life. They are all in total shock.

She had a chance to abort

She didn't.

Score.

fj1200
08-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Thank you; I'm glad I communicated successfully.

No, no, I'm demeaning a successful woman who abandons her children for her career.

Well, not me, anyway.

Very possibly, and I worry about that, but remember that infanticide is illegal -- in this country. Abortion isn't.

You certainly communicated your disdainful attitude for someone that feminists should be praising.

08-29-2008, 07:22 PM

Knowing the way liberal cartoonist think:

Guns. Lots of Guns.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 07:22 PM
You certainly communicated your disdainful attitude for someone that feminists should be praising.

Femists only want liberal women to get ahead. They have nothing but distain for conservative women

Abbey Marie
08-29-2008, 10:20 PM

Lol. Yes, world, we do exist! :clap:

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Lol. Yes, world, we do exist! :clap:

Everyone deserves a chance. Sarah Palin is to be applauded by giving her child to live

Yurt
08-29-2008, 10:27 PM
i have yet to see how she has more experience than obama.....

Dilloduck
08-29-2008, 10:29 PM

Big ass glasses with kids hanging all over her ! :laugh2:

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:30 PM

For openers she was in office 5 years before Obama

manu1959
08-29-2008, 10:35 PM
of the four folks running......

which one would you turn your personal finances over to......

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:37 PM
of the four folks running......

which one would you turn your personal finances over to......

Gov Palin. She is part of of a working class family. With 5 kids she knows how to manage money, opposed pork like the brifge to nowhere, and has brought Republicans to justice when they got caught with their hands in the cookie jar

I can trust someone like that

CockySOB
08-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Gov Palin. She is part of of a working class family. With 5 kids she knows how to manage money, opposed pork like the brifge to nowhere, and has brought Republicans to justice when they got caught with their hands in the cookie jar

I can trust someone like that

The part that made me sit up and take notice was the part about her smacking the corrupt politicians, including Republicans, from her state and cutting the pork-barrel spending. Could this be the start of the small-government, conservative revolution in the Republican party?

red states rule
08-29-2008, 11:28 PM
The part that made me sit up and take notice was the part about her smacking the corrupt politicians, including Republicans, from her state and cutting the pork-barrel spending. Could this be the start of the small-government, conservative revolution in the Republican party?

One thing I wil give McCain is his position on pork and corruption. Gov Palin is even more vocal on those issues

I do hope this is the start of the small-government, conservative revolution in the Republican party

More on Gov Palin

Palin began her political career in 1992, running for Wasilla City Council as a supporter of the controversial new sales tax and with the goal of "a safer, more progressive Wasilla."[8] She won and would serve two terms on the council from 1992 to 1996. In 1996, she challenged and defeated incumbent mayor, John Stein, criticizing wasteful spending and high taxes.[3] In January 1997, Palin fired the Wasilla police chief and library director. In response, a group of 60 residents calling themselves Concerned Citizens for Wasilla discussed attempting a recall campaign against Palin, but then decided against it.[9] The fired police chief eventually sued Palin on the grounds that he was fired because he supported the campaign of Palin's opponent, but his suit was eventually dismissed when the judge ruled that Palin had the right under state law to fire city employees, even for political reasons.[10] Palin followed through on her campaign promises to reduce her own salary, and to reduce property taxes by 60%.[3] She ran for re-election against Stein in 1999, winning by an even larger margin.[3][11] Palin was also elected president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors.[12]

Governor Murkowski appointed Palin Ethics Commissioner of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission,[14] where she served from 2003 to 2004 until resigning in protest over what she called the "lack of ethics" of fellow Alaskan Republican leaders, who ignored her whistleblowing complaints of legal violations and conflicts of interest.[15][3] After she resigned, she exposed the state Republican Party's chairman, Randy Ruedrich, one of her fellow Oil & Gas commissioners, who was accused of doing work for the party on public time, and supplying a lobbyist with a sensitive e-mail.[16] Palin filed formal complaints against both Ruedrich and former Alaska Attorney General Gregg Renkes, who both resigned; Ruedrich paid a record $12,000 fine.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

CockySOB
08-29-2008, 11:29 PM
RSR,

Gotta love a politician who cuts their own salary....

red states rule
08-29-2008, 11:30 PM
RSR,

Gotta love a politician who cuts their own salary....

One of many reasons I like her

theHawk
08-30-2008, 01:44 AM

Lets put it this way.

Obama can talk the talk. She, walks the walk. Of all the change for Washington Obama has promised, he has NOTHING on his record showing he can do any of it. He has NO accomplishments from the Illinois senate to his brief time as a US Senator. She has shown that she can and will change things for real, its all on her record as Governor.

Immanuel
08-30-2008, 06:04 AM
And she's got a history of defeating the incumbent Republican governor of Alaska, and openly attacking the Republicans in her state for their pork spending and corruption.

You'd think the Democrats would be in love with her for that, but I guess not....

I'd think they would adore her, if only she placed a (D) after her name. Wait, on second thought, her stance on abortion would get her booted out of the "Big Tent" of Democratic tolerance in record time.

Immie

red states rule
08-30-2008, 06:10 AM
I'd think they would adore her, if only she placed a (D) after her name. Wait, on second thought, her stance on abortion would get her booted out of the "Big Tent" of Democratic tolerance in record time.

Immie

and on cutting pork, on lower pay for elected officials, and turning in her own party members when caught with their hands in the cookie jar

Dems would never allow anyone to be a memeber of their party with beliefs like that

Immanuel
08-30-2008, 06:16 AM
and on cutting pork, on lower pay for elected officials, and turning in her own party members when caught with their hands in the cookie jar

Dems would never allow anyone to be a member of their party with beliefs like that

True, good points!

Come to think of it, I wonder how she has managed to remain in the good graces of the Republican Party surely it is not because they respect those parts of her life. She must have something very good on some of the leaders of that party. I wonder what that could be.

Immie

red states rule
08-30-2008, 06:20 AM
True, good points!

Come to think of it, I wonder how she has managed to remain in the good graces of the Republican Party surely it is not because they respect those parts of her life. She must have something very good on some of the leaders of that party. I wonder what that could be.

Immie

She did it because she will not back down, and she does her job well. She has about a 85% approval rating, while Obama and Biden are part of the group that has a 9% approval rating

Dems are shitting in their pants, and Biden is taking debate classes to prepare himslef for one helll of a fight

darin
08-30-2008, 07:10 AM
okay, I can't believe this....17 pages and all of you have missed the obvious.....I mean, you got the first mainstream woman who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking gal, I mean, that’s a storybook, man........

If she were fat and/or ugly, it'd be a non-issue.

That's the thing - Pundits are too afraid of saying what they feel "This woman is HOT. AND smart. We're all smart, but not hot. So it bothers us. She CANNOT be 'that good'."

red states rule
08-30-2008, 07:40 AM
If she were fat and/or ugly, it'd be a non-issue.

That's the thing - Pundits are too afraid of saying what they feel "This woman is HOT. AND smart. We're all smart, but not hot. So it bothers us. She CANNOT be 'that good'."

If she was fat and ugly she would be like Hillary

She is everything Hillary is not

Smart, hot, long list of accomplishments, delivering on promises, not having to lie to make herslef something she is not (dodging sniper fire)

Libs can't believe Gov Palin is the total package. They always measure women by the Hillary yardstick, and that was just been tossed out the window with the Gov Palin pick