PDA

View Full Version : Tea Leaves: Is It Sarah Palin?

Pages : [1] 2

red states rule
08-29-2008, 07:31 AM
Right now it looks like McCain may gave picked Sarah Palin as his VP

Good choice. She is conservative, good record as Gov, and is hot

Tea Leaves: Is It Sarah Palin? (with three UPDATES)
by Beltway Dem, Fri Aug 29, 2008 at 07:41:09 AM EST

CNN is reporting that a private plane flew from Anchorage, Alaska last night to an airport near Dayton, Ohio. Of course, McCain is announcing his vice presidential candidate in Dayton today. One of the people who has been on McCain's list is the young governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin.

CNN just now reported that we need to be careful to read too much into this small datum, but it is one more piece of information. Is McCain going to make sure that this election will result in an absolute guarantee of something entirely new?

Palin was born in Idaho in 1964. She is 44-years-old. Before she became governor, she was a journalist. She beat the incumbent governor in the Republican primary in 2006 and went on to win the governorship. Her alma mater is the University of Idaho.
Update: CNN is reporting that Pawlenty has said on the radio that he won't be in Dayton today. That might suggest that Pawlenty is not the guy.

Update: CNN is now saying a man at the airport said it was the "most secretive flight" he had ever seen. A woman, two men, and two teenagers got off the plane. Palin does have five children, three of whom are teenagers. This is just an interesting clue, observes John King, who also cautions we need to be very careful about tea leaves.

http://desmoinesdem.mydd.com/story/2008/8/29/7419/88190

theHawk
08-29-2008, 07:36 AM
FoxNews just announced the VP pick is NOT Romney.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 07:52 AM
FoxNews just announced the VP pick is NOT Romney.

and Fox News is reporting Pawlenty is out as well

08-29-2008, 08:19 AM
The news isnt getting its story straight so ill be happy to wait till noon to find out.

Ill give McCain this, they are really good at keeping this secret.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 08:21 AM
The news isnt getting its story straight so ill be happy to wait till noon to find out.

McCain needs to pick a pro life conservative if he wants to have a chance in this election, If it is Palin, it will be a safe pick

And he is doing a good job keeping people guessing over his pick

Gaffer
08-29-2008, 08:33 AM
His putting a woman on the ticket would be a big boon for McCain. It would counter the minority status of obamanation. I expect there will be a big shift in the polls for him if he does this. Plus it will be easier to pick up the hillary votes this way as well.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 08:37 AM
His putting a woman on the ticket would be a big boon for McCain. It would counter the minority status of obamanation. I expect there will be a big shift in the polls for him if he does this. Plus it will be easier to pick up the hillary votes this way as well.

So far Obama has not seen a bounce from the convention. If McCain makes a sane choice for VP, he should pull ahead

Then it how he does in the debates when Obama has to go without a teleprompter and a Hollywood script

08-29-2008, 08:51 AM
If it's Palin, I could get behind the ticket. She is a very strong woman. Id love to see her in the debates.

It's definitely not a bad choice. I still would prefer Romney but looks like that's not in the cards. At least is the media is correct.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 08:56 AM
If it's Palin, I could get behind the ticket. She is a very strong woman. Id love to see her in the debates.

It's definitely not a bad choice. I still would prefer Romney but looks like that's not in the cards. At least is the media is correct.

Palin will bring alot of nervious conservatives back to McCain

Like Obama and Hillary, there are hard feeling between McCain and Romney that prevents them from working together

red states rule
08-29-2008, 09:31 AM
From CNBC

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin Is McCain's VP Pick: Source
Posted By:John Harwood
Topics:Sarah Palin | Republicans | Democrats | Barack Obama | John McCain

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, a self-styled "hockey mom" who has only been governor for a little over a year, is GOP Presidential candidate John McCain's choice for Vice President, CNBC has learned.

According to a Republican strategist, Palin is the nominee, though McCain's campaign has not comfirmed this.

With an announcement scheduled in Dayton, Ohio, an associate of Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty said the governor had been informed he is not McCain's pick.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak for Pawlenty, who had all but ruled himself out.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/26454655

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Wow even Wikipedia is announcing the news that she is the VP Candidate in '08. I guess McCain has not done such a good job of keeping it a secret!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

Sarah Heath Palin (born February 11, 1964) is the current Governor of Alaska, and a member of the Republican Party. She is the youngest and first female governor of Alaska. She is the Republican vice presidential candidate for the November 2008 election. Brought to statewide attention because of her whistleblowing on ethical violations by state Republican Party leaders,[1] she won election in 2006 by first defeating the incumbent governor in the Republican primary, then a former Democratic Alaskan governor in the general election.

On August 29, the Associated Press reported that "speculation [has] moved to [Palin as a] darkhorse" pick for the vice president running mate slot by presumptive Republican nominee John McCain.[2] The CNBC news service is now reporting that Palin will in fact be the GOP vice-presidential nominee.[3] She is reported to be a possible choice for the Republican Party's nomination as Vice President of the United States in the 2008 election. Formal announcement of the presumptive nominee will be made in Dayton, Ohio on August 29, 2008, by Presidential candidate John McCain.

In one issue this will help Obama. One of the attacks on Obama has been that he is too inexperienced. Well, now, he will be able to state that McCain is willing to risk America's future on a Governor with one year's experience. Not a whole hell of a lot of experience to back her.

But, I think the choice of a woman is a good idea. I think it will play well to all but the most devoted liberal women of the Democratic Party.

Immie

red states rule
08-29-2008, 09:52 AM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_022808/content/01125113.Par.89380.ImageFile.jpg

This is the Republican ticket

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Whoops! Sorry Double Posting.

Immie

mundame
08-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Dreadful choice, IMO.

I'd have given in and voted for McCain if he had picked the able and honorable Tom Ridge.

But Palin? Governor of our least populous state only since late 2006; beauty pageant type; last job, mayor of a town of only 6700 population; regularly described by men on forums as "hot," which is not much of an advertisement for me for her being president ------- what is this, the sex-appeal election?

Probably McCain thinks she's hot, too.

Anti-abortion to the point of gestating full term a Downs syndrome child, despite the usual strong advice that she abort. All this while she was GOVERNOR. I guess she doesn't have to care for it, since she's governor -- and now VP candidate -- she'll always have servants to do that, so who cares, huh.

There aren't many anti-abortion women, but by golly, ol' McSame managed to find one. He also found a VP that no one will hope will become president, so he doesn't have any competition.

VERY disappointing. I was hoping for some stature. McCain's VP IS pretty likely to become prez, after all. Palin makes Obama's experience look good!!

Do you realize that? Palin's lack of experience actually makes Obama's experience look good!!!

Well, that's it. The election belongs to Obama now and I expect the polls will crash against McCain.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Wow even Wikipedia is announcing the news that she is the VP Candidate in '08. I guess McCain has not done such a good job of keeping it a secret!

In one issue this will help Obama. One of the attacks on Obama has been that he is too inexperienced. Well, now, he will be able to state that McCain is willing to risk America's future on a Governor with one year's experience. Not a whole hell of a lot of experience to back her.

But, I think the choice of a woman is a good idea. I think it will play well to all but the most devote liberal women of the Democratic Party.

Immie

She has more experience then Obama

Palin served two terms on the Wasilla City Council from 1992 to 1996. In 1996, she challenged the incumbent mayor, criticizing wasteful spending and high taxes.[4] The ex-mayor and sheriff tried to organize a recall campaign, but failed.[4] Palin kept her campaign promises, reducing her own salary, as well as reducing property taxes 60%.[4] She ran for reelection against the former mayor in 1999, winning by an even larger margin.[4][13] Palin was also elected president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors.[7]

In 2002, Palin made an unsuccessful bid for Lieutenant Governor, coming in second to Loren Leman in a four-way race. After Frank Murkowski resigned from his long-held U.S. Senate seat in mid-term to become governor, Palin interviewed to be his possible successor. Instead, Murkowski appointed his daughter, then-Alaska State Representative Lisa Murkowski.[4]

Governor Murkowski appointed Palin Ethics Commissioner of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission,[14] where she served from 2003 to 2004 until resigning in protest over what she called the "lack of ethics" of fellow Alaskan Republican leaders, who ignored her whistleblowing complaints of legal violations and conflicts of interest.[4] After she resigned, she exposed the state Republican party's chairman, Randy Ruedrich, one of her fellow Oil & Gas commissioners, who was accused of doing work for the party on public time, and supplying a lobbyist with a sensitive e-mail.[15] Palin filed formal complaints against both Ruedrich and former Alaska Attorney General Gregg Renkes, who both resigned; Ruedrich paid a record $12,000 fine.[4]

retiredman
08-29-2008, 10:01 AM
It's Quayle-esque! I wonder if she knows the difference between a sunni and a shiite?

No1tovote4
08-29-2008, 10:01 AM
What she has is experience winning elections that politicos expect her to lose, and a clear record on clean government and bucking party trends. This adds to the "maverick" in the ticket at the same time as adding a clear conservative who is both eloquent and intelligent. She brings Executive experience that Obama still lacks, and has actually passed legislation, balanced a budget and reduced a deficit. She lowered her own salary to make ends meet and to reduce overly aggressive taxes on her constituency and was re-elected in a landslide after those she brought to light tried to recall her.

She may lack in "experience" in some ways because of time, but what she lacks for in time she has shown to be adept at it regardless.

I like this choice. A lot.

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 10:03 AM

But, I think the choice of a woman is a good idea. I think it will play well to all but the most devote liberal women of the Democratic Party.

Immie

i don't think it will make one iota difference with the Hillary supporters....Hillary EARNED her support, through her campaigning and ideas and experience...winning the people's vote, not JUST because she was a woman...

I don't want a woman as president or vice president because some man picked her JUST to appease women....she better damn well be strong and qualified....

picking her was shallow if it was for the women hillary voters and a mistake imo.

I want the Woman to EARN the presidency or vp position

let's hope she is not involved in all the illegal shennanigans that is going on with the republicans in Alaska....i'm sure they vetted this already though, if they were smart.

She has less experience than Obama, can't understand why mccain would give up that bashing point, by picking her?

jd

No1tovote4
08-29-2008, 10:03 AM
And lastly, above all, it has us talking about McCain rather than <sound of angels singing> The One.

CockySOB
08-29-2008, 10:05 AM

... and good at keeping McCain's name in the news, stealing some of Obama's thunder....

darin
08-29-2008, 10:07 AM
GILF

http://wonkette.com/assets/resources/2006/12/Miss%20Wasilla%201984.jpg

Soon to be VPILF? :D

I like the choice. She's striking, intelligent, and brings youth and freshness and junk.

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 10:11 AM
i don't think it will make one iota difference with the Hillary supporters....Hillary EARNED her support, through her campaigning and ideas and experience...winning the people's vote, not JUST because she was a woman...

No, not just because she was a woman. Part of her success is due to who she married. Part is due to the fact that she is an aggressive woman that will cut your throat if you stand in her way... figuratively speaking. Her ideas and experience have little to do with it. Face it they are not any different than any other liberal politician.

BUT much of her success comes from the fact that she IS a woman. Just as blacks are flocking to Obama for no other reason than the fact that he is black, women flock to Hillary because she is a woman.

Immie

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:11 AM

I don't want a woman as president or vice president because some man picked her JUST to appease women....she better damn well be strong and qualified....

picking her was shallow if it was for the women hillary voters and a mistake imo.

let's hope she is not involved in all the illegal shennanigans that is going on with the republicans in Alaska....i'm sure they vetted this already though, if they were smart.

She has less experience than Obama, can't understand why mccain would give up that bashing point, by picking her?

jd

Jealous that a good looking and smart women is one one of the tickets

theHawk
08-29-2008, 10:25 AM
It's Quayle-esque! I wonder if she knows the difference between a sunni and a shiite?

I'm sure she knows. Her son is being deployed in Iraq.

darin
08-29-2008, 10:25 AM
If Gov. Palin were fat and ugly (read: Hilary-esque), a lot of women would have no problem with the choice.

Sitarro
08-29-2008, 10:27 AM

jd

Could you state what you mean when you say that Hillary earned her support? What has she done besides being naive enough to be the only person on the planet to believe that scum white trash husband of hers when he told the world "I did not have sex with that woman". She is a door mat.

theHawk
08-29-2008, 10:27 AM

jd

Its going to be hilarious to hear the Obama camp critize a VP for not having enough experience, when she has just as much as the top of the Dem ticket. :laugh2:

Gaffer
08-29-2008, 10:28 AM
She's looking good to me. I like what I have read so far concerning her. She will be the VP, not the president, so she will have time to watch and learn, plus she will have input into what McCain does.

I like the choice.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:28 AM
If Gov. Palin were fat and ugly (read: Hilary-esque), a lot of women would have no problem with the choice.

or if she was gay

eighballsidepocket
08-29-2008, 10:30 AM
What she has is experience winning elections that politicos expect her to lose, and a clear record on clean government and bucking party trends. This adds to the "maverick" in the ticket at the same time as adding a clear conservative who is both eloquent and intelligent. She brings Executive experience that Obama still lacks, and has actually passed legislation, balanced a budget and reduced a deficit. She lowered her own salary to make ends meet and to reduce overly aggressive taxes on her constituency and was re-elected in a landslide after those she brought to light tried to recall her.

She may lack in "experience" in some ways because of time, but what she lacks for in time she has shown to be adept at it regardless.

I like this choice. A lot.

This lady sounds like she's one "fire cracker" of a politician.

She stands for ethics, "big time"........I like that!!

Also Hillary harrangued at the convention how women need equality still, and she's the new leader of the 1900's suffragettes..........Well, looks like McCain has satisfied the "spurned" Hillary followers.........and has picked a very resourceful/intelligent/ethical/ and real "fighter" of a running mate.

She's also a Soccer Mom............Not a lawyer first and then a Mom, second...... of sorts.

If this woman plays her political cards right, and doesn't give in to Washington D.C. politics, she may have a better chance at "First Woman" of the White House than Hillary.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:31 AM
This lady sounds like she's one "fire cracker" of a politician.

She stands for ethics, "big time"........I like that!!

Also Hillary harrangued at the convention how women need equality still, and she's the new leader of the 1900's suffragettes..........Well, looks like McCain has satisfied the "spurned" Hillary followers.........and has picked very resourceful/intelligent/ethical/ and real "fighter" of a running mate.

She's also a Soccer Mom............Not a lawyer first and then a Mom of sorts.

So much for Obama's convention bounce :laugh2:

Sitarro
08-29-2008, 10:32 AM
A beautiful, intelligent, responsible woman that knows how to deep sea fish, fire a bad ass weapon and kick your ass besides being conservative and not an egotist........ who could want her? I would imagine that if she would have been married to Clinton, she would have neutered his ass before kicking him out of the White House. She is a real role model for my nieces and I'm impressed with McCain for this pick.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:34 AM
A beautiful, intelligent, responsible woman that knows how to deep sea fish, fire a bad ass weapon and kick your ass besides being conservative and not an egotist........ who could want her? I would imagine that if she would have been married to Clinton, she would have neutered his ass before kicking him out of the White House. She is a real role model for my nieces and I'm impressed with McCain for this pick.

I believe this pick will bring alot of conservatoves back to the McCain side

Ms Palin will do well when she takes on Biden in the VP debates. Pro life, and NRA member

It is a good pick

darin
08-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Very attractive Family.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3246/2789893351_9ed39ce1f9_o.jpg

mundame
08-29-2008, 10:38 AM

No, it SURE won't appeal to this Clinton supporter, me. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

She was picked for her looks, pretty plainly ------- and being anti-abortionist, which apparently his campaign thinks he HAS to have to win.

Why should women vote for that? Hillary supporters are not likely to vote for a beauty pageant participant who is anti-abortionist, an important freedom issue for women.

Well, she SURE isn't qualified. The town she was mayor of before becoming governor in 2006 had FEWER people than Obama's State Senate district, the news is saying!!!!!! And at least he was in Illinois, in the city of Chicago. And now he's a senator, in Washington. She's been stuck in
Backforty, Alaska all this time!

Really, it's an insult to women to pick someone for her looks and her antediluvian beliefs and nothing at all else.

Alaska is renowned right now for NOTHING but Republican corruption of the worst and most memorable sort, so McCain picks an ALASKAN REPUBLICAN?????!! That's it, he's gone off his rocker.

This is so true. Experience was his best argument, and now he's given that up to run with a 44-year-old beauty queen???? Darn.

This is fabulous news for the Obama campaign; I bet they've broken out the good champagne.

eighballsidepocket
08-29-2008, 10:38 AM
GILF

http://wonkette.com/assets/resources/2006/12/Miss%20Wasilla%201984.jpg

Soon to be VPILF? :D

I like the choice. She's striking, intelligent, and brings youth and freshness and junk.
Please.........DMP.......I'm a married man! ;)

Let's keep her, Vice Presidential-looking.........;) (First woman candidate to get the all male and the Redneck male vote overwhelmingly)

McCain, you old devil you!:laugh2:

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Who would you rather see on TV?

Palin or Biden?

manu1959
08-29-2008, 10:41 AM

Palin or Biden?

ok ok ok ok .........noooooooooooooooow...imagine them naked....

mundame
08-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Very attractive Family.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3246/2789893351_9ed39ce1f9_o.jpg

An attractive family, you say? Sure, since they left the youngest, the retarded baby, out of the picture. That's her testament to being anti-abortion.

darin
08-29-2008, 10:42 AM

She was picked for her looks, pretty plainly ------- and being anti-abortionist, which apparently his campaign thinks he HAS to have to win.

Why should women vote for that? Hillary supporters are not likely to vote for a beauty pageant participant who is anti-abortionist, an important freedom issue for women.

Well, she SURE isn't qualified. The town she was mayor of before becoming governor in 2006 had FEWER people than Obama's State Senate district, the news is saying!!!!!! And at least he was in Illinois, in the city of Chicago. And now he's a senator, in Washington. She's been stuck in

Really, it's an insult to women to pick someone for her looks and her antediluvian beliefs and nothing at all else.

Alaska is renowned right now for NOTHING but Republican corruption of the worst and most memorable sort, so McCain picks an ALASKAN REPUBLICAN?????!! That's it, he's gone off his rocker.

This is so true. Experience was his best argument, and now he's given that up to run with a 44-year-old beauty queen???? Darn.

This is fabulous news for the Obama campaign; I bet they've broken out the good champagne.

EVERYTHING YOU SAY is wrong. You're like that dude from the FedEX commercials. How a grown-up can be absolutely wrong on so many issues is mystifying. May God have mercy upon your soul.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:43 AM
ok ok ok ok .........noooooooooooooooow...imagine them naked....

Botom line is, Ms Palin will bring in the blue collar working class folks. She is down to earth and not a liberal elitist like Obama and Biden

darin
08-29-2008, 10:43 AM
An attractive family, you say? Sure, since they left the youngest, the retarded baby, out of the picture. That's her testament to being anti-abortion.

Are you mental? Perhaps that was taken BEFORE the baby was born?

Although it was difficult at first, Palin says she and Todd now feel chosen by God to raise "an absolutely perfect" son. In an era when over 80 percent of Down's syndrome babies are aborted, the Palins feel they have been extremely blessed. In a personal letter to her family and friends, Palin wrote, "Many people will express sympathy, but you don't want or need that, because Trig will be a joy. You will have to trust me on this... Children are the most precious and promising ingredient in this mixed-up world you live in... Trig is no different, except that he has one extra chromosome." To the people who think that Trig shouldn't have been born, Palin says, "Look around. Who is perfect or even normal?"

http://vitalsignsblog.blogspot.com/2008/05/sarah-palin-children-are-most-precious.html

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Are you mental? Perhaps that was taken BEFORE the baby was born?

Mundame still has not gotten over Hilary losing, and is showing what a sore loser she is

manu1959
08-29-2008, 10:45 AM

classic.......she couldn't have been picked because she is a smart woman with conservative values......she had to have been picked becasue of her looks.....

i thought you lefties saw beyond things like looks.....

No1tovote4
08-29-2008, 10:46 AM
She's looking good to me. I like what I have read so far concerning her. She will be the VP, not the president, so she will have time to watch and learn, plus she will have input into what McCain does.

I like the choice.
Yup.

darin
Mundame is a chick? Holy Crap. I can see 100% emotionalism fueld by Ignorance in just about EVERY WORD that person posts. :)

:D

mundame

Palin or Biden?

Better question:

Who looks more like a vice-president, Palin or Biden?

darin
08-29-2008, 10:47 AM
classic.......she couldn't have been picked because she is a smart woman with conservative values......she had to have been picked becasue of her looks.....

...they only say that because Liberal leaders are ugly.

manu1959
08-29-2008, 10:48 AM

claiming the moral high ground wil standing in a hole......

Sitarro
Speaking of neutering, Biden's attack dog image just got it's nuts cut. This is going to be fun!

red states rule
Better question:

Ms Palin by a mile.

Biden is a liberal elitist who, like Obama, thinks government is the answer to everything

darin
Better question:

Palin.

First, she's HOT. Second, she's Put-together well. Third, she doesn't have a Liberal with a hand up her ass making her the puppet of the Democrat Party.

:)

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Palin.

First, she's HOT. Second, she's Put-together well. Third, she doesn't have a Liberal with a hand up her ass making her the puppet of the Democrat Party.

Muncame must be afraid of a strong, smart, and confident women

darin
08-29-2008, 10:50 AM
claiming the moral high ground wil standing in a hole......

Another sign of "Liberal Compassion" - Calling their youngest, a Down Syndrome baby, "Retarded".

or jealous? :)

eighballsidepocket
08-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Speaking of neutering, Biden's attack dog image just got it's nuts cut. This is going to be fun!

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

darin
08-29-2008, 10:52 AM
I love this line - think Mr. Palin was okay w/ this?

John McCain tapped little-known Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin

McCain...that lucky SOB. :)

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Another sign of "Liberal Compassion" - Calling their youngest, a Down Syndrome baby, "Retarded".

or jealous? :)

I told JD she was jealous, and I guess Mundame is as well

You would think left leaning women would be pleased a women could be the next VP

Yurt
08-29-2008, 10:55 AM
manu called it...he said that obama picked the old person, so we will have t he young picking the old and the old picking the young...cheers to you :cheers2:

i don't understand why he picked someone with so little experience, given that was one of his strong points against diaper wearing obama.

darin
08-29-2008, 10:56 AM
I told JD she was jealous, and I guess Mundame is as well

You would think left leaning women would be pleased a women could be the next VP

b...b....b.b.b.but the woman isn't UGLY!! She can't POSSIBLY be "capable" or "Qualified"? Right????????????

I mean, look at Alaska's closest Neighbor - The State of WASHINGTON, led by a Democrat Governor...THIS woman MUST be ready to lead, cuz she looks like 40 miles of bad road!

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/10/gregoire.JPG

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:57 AM
manu called it...he said that obama picked the old person, so we will have t he young picking the old and the old picking the young...cheers to you :cheers2:

i don't understand why he picked someone with so little experience, given that was one of his strong points against diaper wearing obama.

Ms palin has some experience

She has more experience then Obama

Palin served two terms on the Wasilla City Council from 1992 to 1996. In 1996, she challenged the incumbent mayor, criticizing wasteful spending and high taxes.[4] The ex-mayor and sheriff tried to organize a recall campaign, but failed.[4] Palin kept her campaign promises, reducing her own salary, as well as reducing property taxes 60%.[4] She ran for reelection against the former mayor in 1999, winning by an even larger margin.[4][13] Palin was also elected president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors.[7]

In 2002, Palin made an unsuccessful bid for Lieutenant Governor, coming in second to Loren Leman in a four-way race. After Frank Murkowski resigned from his long-held U.S. Senate seat in mid-term to become governor, Palin interviewed to be his possible successor. Instead, Murkowski appointed his daughter, then-Alaska State Representative Lisa Murkowski.[4]

Governor Murkowski appointed Palin Ethics Commissioner of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission,[14] where she served from 2003 to 2004 until resigning in protest over what she called the "lack of ethics" of fellow Alaskan Republican leaders, who ignored her whistleblowing complaints of legal violations and conflicts of interest.[4] After she resigned, she exposed the state Republican party's chairman, Randy Ruedrich, one of her fellow Oil & Gas commissioners, who was accused of doing work for the party on public time, and supplying a lobbyist with a sensitive e-mail.[15] Palin filed formal complaints against both Ruedrich and former Alaska Attorney General Gregg Renkes, who both resigned; Ruedrich paid a record $12,000 fine.[4]

Sitarro
08-29-2008, 10:59 AM
They just mentioned on FOX that she used to get up at 3 a.m. to go MOOSE hunting with her father.......... there ain't a thing that panty waist Osama can throw at her that comes close to a moose. She'll neuter his ass too.:laugh2:

red states rule
08-29-2008, 11:00 AM
They just mentioned on FOX that she used to get up at 3 a.m. to go MOOSE hunting with her father.......... there ain't a thing that panty waist Osama can throw at her that comes close to a moose. She'll neuter his ass too.:laugh2:

Now the PETA nuts will target her

eighballsidepocket
08-29-2008, 11:01 AM

Yurt: This woman is not inexperienced at all.......She's knows what it's like to lose elections, she fights as an under dog and wins elections, has served on a myriad of committee-level jobs, attacks her own party members over ethics questions........

I think she's a "dark horse" and a perfect pick.

What's B.O.'s experiece prior to being Senator? Hanging out with the Weathermen Undergroud, Ayers? Reverend Wright?

Voting against the surge then claiming we have a time table to leave Iraq cause his influence did it?

I'll tell yah.........one years as a governor of a state definitely trumps one year as a Senator..........Governors deal with budgets, legislatures, on a "mini-executive" level compared to the President. It's the better training ground.

Yurt
08-29-2008, 11:01 AM
why do you consider that more experience than obama?

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 11:03 AM

Well, you must admit by the response by conservative males on this site (me included) that brains and values are not as important as her looks.

I must admit that her picture warrants a second look even a lingering eye.

Immie

red states rule
08-29-2008, 11:04 AM
Well, you must admit by the response by conservative males on this site (me included) that brains and values are not as important as her looks.

Immie

She is the total package

Brains and beauty

No1tovote4
08-29-2008, 11:05 AM

Do you really believe that that tiny life should have been thrown away solely because of a perceived defect? What are you trying to do, make the decisions "Gawd" should make?

;)

No1tovote4
08-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Palin. She has the right experience level to be able to add to the ticket as the VP, so does Obama.

eighballsidepocket
08-29-2008, 11:07 AM

Immie

Got it all wrong.............Brains then secondarily- looks...........Just an enhancement of already excellent credentials.

So B.O. is the Charismatic,handsome young Demo candidate..........So now there's the intelligent/ethical, yet attractive GOP V.P. candidate.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Palin. She has the right experience level to be able to add to the ticket as the VP, so does Obama.

She has more experience then Obama, and that is the point

darin
08-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Gov. Palin

http://www.leetforlife.com/upload/uploads/id_hit_it1.jpg
http://www.commentbuddy.com/comments/Id-Hit-It/Id-Hit-It-25.jpg
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/watermark.php?src=wp-content/uploads/2007/09/1188352387054.jpg
http://www.kaitaia.com/funny/pictures/hitit/id_hit_it.jpg

Sitarro
08-29-2008, 11:16 AM

Immie

Haven't we had to hear what a good looking guy chimp eared Osama is for the last year. The photos of him in a swimming suit. That brain dead Osama girl. I find it pretty damn exciting that McCain would make a pick like this, she is a lot more than looks. She is a near perfect pick that has literally taken that 5 million dollar speech by Osama yesterday and thrown it in the toilet where it deserves to be.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Ms Palin is pro life, former Mayor, current Governor, was on the Energy Commission, My she has she has much more experience than Obambi....

While I like best she is a spitfire who will not take any crap

Can't wait for the Bump from this anouncement.

Dilloduck
08-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Ms Palin is pro life, former Mayor, current Governor, was on the Energy Commission, My she has she has much more experience than Obambi....

Can't wait for the Bump from this anouncement.

Someone's momentum was hijacked mighty quickly---kudos the the strategist who thought this one up !

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Got it all wrong.............Brains then secondarily- looks...........Just an enhancement of already excellent credentials.

So B.O. is the Charismatic,handsome young Demo candidate..........So now there's the intelligent/ethical, yet attractive GOP V.P. candidate.

Men are not continually mocked and accused of "making it to the top" ONLY BECAUSE OF THEIR LOOKS, though women are slammed with such, eightball...unfortunately the cliche sticks, especially if you are an attractive woman, even if brilliant, which Palin may be, women are belittled to their looks as what got them to successful positions, by some, unfortunately.

jd

darin
08-29-2008, 11:24 AM

...and she's hot.

Her looks are NOT more important. Her looks are Gravy.

Condi doesn't have looks, but I would support HER running for office. After Palin wins the Presidency in 2016.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Someone's momentum was hijacked mighty quickly---kudos the the strategist who thought this one up !

The only problem I see with the pick is McCain will have to leave the seat down like a gentleman should.

Immanuel
Haven't we had to hear what a good looking guy chimp eared Osama is for the last year. The photos of him in a swimming suit. That brain dead Osama girl. I find it pretty damn exciting that McCain would make a pick like this, she is a lot more than looks. She is a near perfect pick that has literally taken that 5 million dollar speech by Osama yesterday and thrown it in the toilet where it deserves to be.

I haven't paid attention to the comments about Obama being "good looking", so I won't and can't comment on that.

As for Gov. Palin, I don't know much about her. From what I have read so far, I like her and I like the choice he made. I'm still not voting for the whiny-assed SOB, McCain, but I might vote for Palin/? anyone else.

Immie

Yurt
i still don't see how her experience is any more than obama's.

darin
Men are not continually mocked and accused of "making it to the top" ONLY BECAUSE OF THEIR LOOKS, though women are slammed with such, eightball...unfortunately the cliche sticks, especially if you are an attractive woman, even if brilliant, which Palin may be, women are belittled to their looks as what got them to successful positions, by some, unfortunately.

jd

It's pretty f'ing sexist of you to think this woman only made it to the top cuz she's hot.

But as an aside, 'on top' is where women belong.

I don't know how many time I've told those boys, never call chicks broads

red states rule
08-29-2008, 11:26 AM
...and she's hot.

Her looks are NOT more important. Her looks are Gravy.

Condi doesn't have looks, but I would support HER running for office. After Palin wins the Presidency in 2016.

The liberal media is already attacking her

CNN's Roberts: Palin Too Young and Inexperienced
By Lyndsi Thomas (Bio | Archive)
August 29, 2008 - 10:41 ET

During the 9 a.m. EDT hour of “CNN Newsroom,” “American Morning” co-anchor John Roberts gave an analysis of Governor Sarah Palin during discussion of Senator John McCain's vice presidential choice. Roberts focused on Palin's lack of experience, saying that a prerequisite for the vice presidency should be the ability to step right into the office, especially because of McCain's age. Roberts stated:

She's only been in office for a couple of years now, which really raises the experience issue here. [...]

Now, she is a manager. She is the governor of a state. She does have limited experience, though. She's also been the mayor for a city in Alaska. And for a time she was the ethics chairman of the Alaska oil and gas conservation commission. But that does not add up to broad experience, particularly the type of broad experience you think should launch you to the national level.

Of course, Senator Barack Obama, who is running for president of the United States, has no executive experience and has only been in the U.S. Senate since 2005. But apparently, Roberts finds Palin to be too inexperienced and young to be vice president.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/lyndsi-thomas/2008/08/29/cnns-roberts-palin-too-young-inexperienced

Dilloduck
08-29-2008, 11:27 AM

jd

and your point is ?

red states rule
08-29-2008, 11:28 AM
i still don't see how her experience is any more than obama's.

She has been in political office longer, and has accomplishments. Something Obama does not have

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 11:28 AM
and your point is ?just commenting on eightball's comment to Immie's comment, that's all!:laugh2:

jd

red states rule
08-29-2008, 11:29 AM
just commenting on eightball's comment to Immie's comment, that's all!:laugh2:

jd

Get over your jealousy JD. You should be happy to see a women becoming VP

Dilloduck
08-29-2008, 11:30 AM
just commenting on eightball's comment to Immie's comment, that's all!:laugh2:

jd

oh--I thought you were accusing her of using her gender to get her to the top----either that or accusing men of only liking her because she looks good.

Dilloduck
08-29-2008, 11:33 AM
I haven't paid attention to the comments about Obama being "good looking", so I won't and can't comment on that.

As for Gov. Palin, I don't know much about her. From what I have read so far, I like her and I like the choice he made. I'm still not voting for the whiny-assed SOB, McCain, but I might vote for Palin/? anyone else.

Immie

Help Save women--vote GOP !!

red states rule
08-29-2008, 11:34 AM

A few things to consider folks:

Family, Both Mr McCain and Gov Palin have son's in Iraq.

Go figure, any Obambi's or biden's in Iraq?

Biden is 6 years younger then McCain

I also find the conventions so different, pomp and show for the dnc conv... and a big screen and microphone for McCain

Do you want a rock star like Obama?

No1tovote4
08-29-2008, 11:35 AM
A few things to consider folks:

Family, Both Mr McCain and Gov Palin have son's in Iraq.

Go figure, any Obambi's or biden's in Iraq?

Biden is 6 years younger then McCain

I also find the conventions so different, pomp and show for the dnc conv... and a big screen and microphone for McCain

Do you want a rock star like Obama?
Biden's boy is going to be deployed to Iraq at about the same time as Palin's kid.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Biden's boy is going to be deployed to Iraq at about the same time as Palin's kid.

Thanks for correcting me on that point

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 11:38 AM
oh--I thought you were accusing her of using her gender to get her to the top----either that or accusing men of only liking her because she looks good.
Eightball asked WHY it was different in saying such about Obama and his good looks....

I explained why I thought it was different....between this being said about a man, verses being said about a woman....because when it is being said about a woman, there are SOME out there, men mostly but some women also, will be lead to thinking she bedded herself to the top of the latter or made it there on her "good looks alone" instead of earning the position through hard work....

I do not believe that this dimented thought process, occurs, when there is just an attractive man....THUS the difference between saying it about obama and saying it about Palin....

hope that clears this up for you...if not, shoot your next question/comment at me! :)

jd

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 11:39 AM

Okay... I'll vote for my GOP Congressman when he comes up for re-election, but I won't vote for McCain. I guess the ladies will just have to hang on a little bit longer. :lol:

Immie

red states rule
08-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Eightball asked WHY it was different in saying such about Obama and his good looks....

I explained why I thought it was different....between this being said about a man, verses being said about a woman....because when it is being said about a woman, there are SOME out there, men mostly but some women also, will be lead to thinking she bedded herself to the top of the latter or made it there on her "good looks alone" instead of earning the position through hard work....

I do not believe that this dimented thought process, occurs, when there is just an attractive man....THUS the difference between saying it about obama and saying it about Palin....

hope that clears this up for you...if not, shoot your next question/comment at me! :)

jd

Bottom line is JD, McCain has picked a conservative as his running mate

All cable news networks are talking about McCain's VP choice. Obama's speech is not being talked about.

Great moveon McCain's part.

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 11:42 AM

jd

You mean to tell me that you don't understand that Obama prostituted himself to get where he is today? Please!

Immie

darin
...and a hot conservative as a running mate :)

red states rule
...and a hot conservative as a running mate :)

http://bp2.blogger.com/_uExTzMIDd1Y/R2O5nKq9_tI/AAAAAAAAATE/At2bb_K_3ao/s400/Sarah-Palin-Vogue.jpg

Dilloduck
08-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Okay... I'll vote for my GOP Congressman when he comes up for re-election, but I won't vote for McCain. I guess the ladies will just have to hang on a little bit longer. :lol:

Immie

You meant you'd vote for McCain/PALIN
right ? :laugh2:

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Bottom line is JD, McCain has picked a conservative as his running mate

All cable news networks are talking about McCain's VP choice. Obama's speech is not being talked about.

Great moveon McCain's part.

It was a good move on the announcement today! Good for McCain in using it!

Still not certain the thought of getting hillary women to support him because of her is going to happen....

Hillary supporters believe Hillary earned the possibility of being president...

not because she was a woman, but because she was qualified.

jd

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 11:47 AM
You meant you'd vote for McCain/PALIN
right ? :laugh2:

No, but I might vote for Palin/anyone else.

I have never liked Senator McCain. I cannot possibly justify pulling the lever for that man.

Sorry, I will turn in my GOP membership card immediately... er, wait... I can't I did that in '06. {shrugs}

Immie

red states rule
08-29-2008, 11:48 AM

Still not certain the thought of getting hillary women to support him because of her is going to happen....

jd

and how many elected offices did Hillary serve in?

Compared to Ms Palin, Hillary is lacking the experience

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 11:49 AM
You mean to tell me that you don't understand that Obama prostituted himself to get where he is today? Please!

Immie
hahahahahaha!

He could have...??? lol

It is just not something that would quickly come to mind, imo.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 11:51 AM
hahahahahaha!

He could have...??? lol

It is just not something that would quickly come to mind, imo.

What an great pick JD

She knows the oil industry like no other. She respects the environment and believes oil can be drilled responsibly.

No ties to DC

She's had an 80% - 90% approval rating since being elected governor.

Biden can't pounce on her in debates or he'll look like a bully! (that is what libs said in the Dem primaries)

Nobody can question her experience...because if they do, they also have to Question Obama's experience...he's actually running for POTUS with no experience ya know!

darin
08-29-2008, 11:51 AM

jd

Yes - That shows Hillary supporters aren't "thinkers". Makes me doubt any of them would vote for a 'thinking' woman, such as Palin. Hillary is only qualified to make poor decisions. She's a pure politcal opportunist.

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 11:52 AM

jd

I think you misunderstood my statement earlier. I didn't say it would get Hillary supporters. I said it would get (meaning getting their attention) all but the most devoted Democratic women to think about the McCain candidacy and possibly voting for him.

Nothing will draw those devoted Hillary supporters away from her or the Democratic Party. But, I think that most women will stop to think about this VP candidate. I think the right woman in control in the White House would be a good thing. I don't know yet if Sarah Palin is the right woman, but I'm confident Hillary Clinton is not.

Immie

Dilloduck
08-29-2008, 11:53 AM

jd

hey--If women wanna blow thier shot at it , I sure don't want to hear anymore whining. Do you realize that this could set up a possible woman/woman race in 2012?

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 11:53 AM
and how many elected offices did Hillary serve in?

Compared to Ms Palin, Hillary is lacking the experience Hillary got 18 MILLION votes through out the nation, of the 35 million votes to be had democratically and...NATIONWIDE.

ms. palin is a no body.....no one knows her, and she is the mother of a baby just born in April....which to me, would seem near impossible for her to be our next president if something tragic were to happen to mccain and also be a GOOD mother of an INFANT with needs, at the same time.

jd\

BTW, CONGRATS on the good news!

Gaffer
08-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Just listened to her. She sounds enthusiastic. There's gonna be change in washington alright, but it ain't gonna be the obamanations change. I could care less if she's "hot". It's her abilities as a leader and potential commander in chief that I'm interested in. I don't care if she looks like helen thomas (the ugliest woman in the world) as long as she can do the job.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Hillary got 18 MILLION votes through out the nation, of the 35 million votes to be had democratically and...NATIONWIDE.

ms. palin is a no body.....no one knows her, and she is the mother of a baby just born in April....which to me, would seem near impossible for her to be our next president if something tragic were to happen to mccain and also be a GOOD mother of an INFANT with needs, at the same time.

jd

She got those votes because of her last name. that is why she stayed with Bill

Compare Ms Palin's record to Hillary's

Let's see Gov of Alaska,

mother of 5,

Lifetime Member of the NRA,

Pro-Life,

Lowers Taxes,

Favors drilling in ANWAR,

Oldest Son serving in the Army - deploying to Iraq in Sept,

Smokin' Hot,

Summary Judgement : Good Pick.

and what does Hillary have to counter JD?

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 11:57 AM
hey--If women wanna blow thier shot at it , I sure don't want to hear anymore whining. Do you realize that this could set up a possible woman/woman race in 2012?

I am beginning to think that Obama has it all wrapped up again....

But I would LOVE to see a race with a woman running against a woman...then, i could say that some real progress has been made! ;)

red states rule
08-29-2008, 11:59 AM

But I would LOVE to see a race with a woman running against a woman...then, i could say that some real progress has been made! ;)

You may think that, but the polls say different

No convention bounce for Obama - and this VP pick will give McCain a bounce for sure

MtnBiker
08-29-2008, 11:59 AM
http://bp2.blogger.com/_uExTzMIDd1Y/R2O5nKq9_tI/AAAAAAAAATE/At2bb_K_3ao/s400/Sarah-Palin-Vogue.jpg

Why would you post a photoshopped picture of Governor Palin?

darin
08-29-2008, 12:00 PM

Girl on Girl? Could be interesting. :)

Thing is - Having two women duke it out in the name of Progress is pointless if they aren't qualified. Progress will be made where there are two women who are QUALIFIED to be CinC...

MtnBiker
ms. palin is a no body.....

I would not call a Govenor of any state a nobody.

JohnDoe
She got those votes because of her last name. that is why she stayed with Bill

Compare Ms Palin's record to Hillary's

Let's see Gov of Alaska,

mother of 5,

Lifetime Member of the NRA,

Pro-Life,

Lowers Taxes,

Favors drilling in ANWAR,

Oldest Son serving in the Army - deploying to Iraq in Sept,

Smokin' Hot,

Summary Judgement : Good Pick.

and what does Hillary have to counter JD?

How long has she been governor? a year?

she has a baby infant at home, with special needs....

Mccain is AGAINST drilling in ANWR, so what she wants won't matter i would suppose?

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 12:01 PM

It could lead to three women in the race, maybe even four... i.e. Hillary Clinton/Barbara Boxer or Diane Feinstein v. Sarah Palin/Condeleeza Rice or another female Republican.

If that is the case... the GOP can count on my vote in '12!

Immie

red states rule
08-29-2008, 12:02 PM

she has a babyinfant at home, with special needs....

Mccain is AGAINST drilling in ANWR, so what she wants won't matter i would suppose?

I asked you for Hillary's accomplishments, since you did not list any I guess you did answer the question

McCain may decide to drill in ANWAR after all - it is the right thing to do. Ms Palin was also Mayor and served on the Energy Commission

stephanie
08-29-2008, 12:02 PM

wow..so ugly..I hope you don't ever have kids..

Gaffer
08-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Hillary got 18 MILLION votes through out the nation, of the 35 million votes to be had democratically and...NATIONWIDE.

jd\

BTW, CONGRATS on the good news!

She will handle it the same way every other president with small children handled it. She'll have an easier time of it than most families in the country with small children and both parents working.

Still remains to be seen what she says and does during the campaign, but I think she will do well and probably pick up a lot of the voters that hillary would have got. I wouldn't be surprised if hillary and bill voted for McCain in the election, though they would never admit to such a thing.

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 12:04 PM

The fact that no one knows her is a good thing!

Obama may also be one step from the White House because no one really knows him.

Immie

MtnBiker
08-29-2008, 12:04 PM

she has a baby infant at home, with special needs....

She took office December 4 2006, I would dare say she has spent more time on the job as a govenor than Obama has spent as a US Senator.

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 12:05 PM
I would not call a Govenor of any state a nobody.

a governor of the LEAST populated State in the united states, for a year more or less, is not experience enough to be our president, which she will have to be, if anything happens to mccain early on imho.

jd

Dilloduck
08-29-2008, 12:06 PM
a governor of the LEAST populated State in the united states, for a year more or less, is not experience enough to be our president, which she will have to be, if anything happens to mccain early on imho.

jd

woman hater ! :poke:

red states rule
08-29-2008, 12:07 PM

jd

Given the reaction of the Hillary gals, and the liberal media; McCain made a great choice

-Cp
08-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Love this video - she keeps talking about things "being tapped"...:P

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tKwZNwdowa4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tKwZNwdowa4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 12:09 PM

jd

And a less than one term Senator from Chicago is?

For that matter is anyone really qualified or ready to take on those responsibilities?

Immie

red states rule
08-29-2008, 12:09 PM

jd

and Biden comes from the "huge" state of Delaware

darin
08-29-2008, 12:10 PM

jd

By more or less a year, you mean "two years" right?

silly.

Maybe you should go back down to the lounge and let the MEN talk important things like "politics". Where's Abbey? We need a SMART woman's perspective here.

Classact
08-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Thought I'd post a couple comments from my other far left board on this pick...

I always thought she was his best pick- but had no idea he would really do it- I think this will make this presidential race a REAL race now- Sarah has no skelatons, one of the most popular governers in Alaska, has had to work one of the most complex actual business deals any CEO would ever even try to do (AGIA), oh yeah, and she is a "hockey mom" of five- her latest child born just a year ago, while in office. That child has down's syndrome, BTW. I believe she adds something to McCain's ticket that even Obama doesn't have- real life. Sarah Palin is not rich, not by any stretch of McCain's imagination. Not even a million a year. Not even 500k. Her husband, who we call here the "first dude" has won the Iron Dog competition, a hard core 1500 mile race in the middle of winter in death-wish conditions, on snowmachines, at night. He worked for an oil company, until he quit so there would be no appearance of conflict of interest while his wife "took it" to the oil companies that had been ripping us off. She stood up to the old guard corruption and was fired by the former governer for it.

IN a nutshell, Alaska loves Palin, whether you are Dem, Republican or Libertarian. And I think she is a great choice, and never thought in a thousand years McCain would pick her.

And this

QUOTE(Ottimista)
...a Republican woman with five children, one of whom is under the age of one year with Down Syndrome, has no business accepting this "calling"!

So, would it make a difference if it was a democrat woman?

Seriously, I think this is a great choice. If McCain kicks the bucket, the USA will have a real person in charge for the first time in my life time! A woman, with multiple kids, who understands economic reality. What more could one ask for? I'd kill (not really) for PM like that in Denmark! Its like winning the lottery!

I think the guy from Alaska and the guy from Denmark nailed it! I think Obama and Biden will be nailed also as a result when this sinks in.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 12:11 PM
By more or less a year, you mean "two years" right?

silly.

Maybe you should go back down to the lounge and let the MEN talk important things like "politics". Where's Abbey? We need a SMART woman's perspective here.

and Kathianne

darin
08-29-2008, 12:14 PM
and Kathianne

Absolutely! Where's she at? Where are the other ladies here? Perhaps I've been too blinded by the ignorance coming from ONE lady, to see posts in this thread by 'smart' women?

MtnBiker
08-29-2008, 12:14 PM

jd

Well, actually Vermont and North Dakota have fewer population than Alaska, but so what. Is Alaska less of a state or importance to our nation than any other state?

How much of our nation's energy comes from Delaware?

red states rule
08-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Absolutely! Where's she at? Where are the other ladies here? Perhaps I've been too blinded by the ignorance coming from ONE lady, to see posts in this thread by 'smart' women?

Kathy is at school, and Abbey has entered the building

-Cp
08-29-2008, 12:15 PM
McCain Picks Sarah Palin (R) Alaska As VP - an Introduction:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PP9TO1e0rWk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PP9TO1e0rWk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vlzIs3h45c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vlzIs3h45c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 12:17 PM
woman hater ! :poke:

like i said, quantified now....., i do not believe that Mccain's pick of her will pull any hard Hillary supporters to him because of her....and her lack of experience!

GET REAL

There is not a conservative on this board imho, that would have accepted a woman pick as vp for Obama, who had less than 2 years experience in a governorship job of the least populated state, with absolutely no experience in foreign affairs...EVEN LESS THAN OBAMA himself, and certainly not a woman that just had a special needs infant at home...

your side would be having uncontrolable laughing fits, don't ya think...?

jd

Gaffer
08-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Where's Stephie when we need her?

MtnBiker
08-29-2008, 12:18 PM
What is Obama's experience, really?

143 days in the Senate then he decided to run for the Presidency.

143 days experience.

darin
08-29-2008, 12:19 PM
like i said, quantified now....., i do not believe that Mccain's pick of her will pull any hard Hillary supporters to him because of her....and her lack of experience!

GET REAL

There is not a conservative on this board imho, that would have accepted a woman pick as vp for Obama, who had less than 2 years experience in a governorship job of the least populated state, with absolutely no experience in foreign affairs...EVEN LESS THAN OBAMA himself, and certainly not a woman that just had a special needs infant at home...

jd

Name ONE Female conservative Democrat Governor. She needs to have some record of having done something GOOD for her state.

If she's Hot, it's a plus.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 12:21 PM

GET REAL

jd

Obama would have picked a LIBERAL women and that is why the conservatives here would not have supported her

Virtually unknown outside of Alaska, her selection has created interest among the people and is sucking a great of oxygen from what should be Obama's headlines.

and the libs and Hilllary gals are showing what hypocrites they are

stephanie
08-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Where's Stephie when we need her?

Sarah Palin will seriously kick some butt..she is well though of in Alaska.
I will give John McCain kudos for picking her...

:clap:

-Cp
This interview may KILL it for McCain and Palin - you've gotta KNOW that all the Obama camp needs to do is play this clip....... *sigh*.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/loUHRv3ipLE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/loUHRv3ipLE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JohnDoe
Well, actually Vermont and North Dakota have fewer population than Alaska, but so what. Is Alaska less of a state or importance to our nation than any other state?

How much of our nation's energy comes from Delaware?Does that make a President a strong President, being from a sparcely populated state with oil?

This is who the VP could be, the President....and people should be looking at it this way, imo.

I am not an Obama "follower", so I have no stake in this debate one way or the other...

I'm only giving my opinion, and I believe that McCain may not have made the best move for him, in this game.

jd

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 12:26 PM

jd

You are absolutely incorrect on that. I am a conservative. I would have accepted a female choice with Sarah Palin's experience as Obama's running mate in a heart beat.

I think we need a woman's point of view in the White House. I just don't like Hillary, Barbara or Diane but then another woman might be a great choice.

Immie

red states rule
08-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Does that make a President a strong President, being from a sparcely populated state with oil?hey!

This is who the VP could be, the President....and people should be looking at it this way, imo.

I am not an Obama "follower", so I have no stake in this debate one way or the other...

I'm only giving my opinion, and I believe that McCain may not have made the best move for him, in this game.

jd

Obama did not even consider Hillary for VP, went with a long time DC insider

McCain picks a young, confident, conservative women

Now I understand why you are pissed off

darin
08-29-2008, 12:29 PM
This pic seems staged:

http://www.reuters.com/resources/r/?m=02&d=20080829&t=2&i=5795259&w=&r=2008-08-29T154058Z_01_N29405886_RTRUKOP_0_PICTURE1

Why would a wounded soldier, in a hospital, lay there in his duty uniform?

Weird.

MtnBiker
08-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Does that make a President a strong President, being from a sparcely populated state with oil?

Well, let me ask it this way, how much population should a state have before the governer of that state should be considered for president or vice president?

Also, is population the only quality or resource that is contributed to our nation?

-Cp
08-29-2008, 12:30 PM
This picture right here will WIN the Redneck vote - hands down for her and McCain:

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v329/209/8/513764629/n513764629_686069_1855.jpg

And this pic will win them the 100% Male vote:

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v295/161/122/540280598/n540280598_3738928_956.jpg

darin
08-29-2008, 12:33 PM
1990 Census had 2.3M people living in Arkansas. When did Clinton win? 1992? That's not exactly HUGE. :)

MtnBiker
Palin is attractive, however that is not a reason to vote for her.

mundame
Sorry, I will turn in my GOP membership card immediately... er, wait... I can't I did that in '06. {shrugs}

Immie

Right, me too. October.

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Obama did not even consider Hillary for VP, went with a long time DC insider

I imagine that Obama would like to live to see 50. It is in his best interest not to tempt Hillary. ;) Now, would you have chosen her?

Immie

mundame
08-29-2008, 12:36 PM

GET REAL

jd

I agree, well said.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 12:39 PM
I imagine that Obama would like to live to see 50. It is in his best interest not to tempt Hillary. ;) Now, would you have chosen her?

Immie

It was the one way Obama could have won the election

Now he is in for a hard fight

Ms Palin has knocked him off the first page, taken away any bounce he would have got, and really increased interest in the Republican convention

Now the liberal media can only hope hurricane Gustav hits the US so they can ignore the convention

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Name ONE Female conservative Democrat Governor. She needs to have some record of having done something GOOD for her state.

If she's Hot, it's a plus.

i think she is an attractive woman....you are spot on!

and it doesn't matter whether the woman vp was conservative or not that obama picked, the point i was making was that republicans would have been laughing at a vp pick of Obama's if it were a woman, with no real experience, other than being a governor for less than 2 years in a sparsley populated state...and would ridicule her lack of foreign experience....

do you think i am wrong on that....?

jd

red states rule
08-29-2008, 12:42 PM

and it doesn't matter whether the woman vp was conservative or not that obama picked, the point i was making was that republicans would have been laughing at a vp pick of Obama's if it were a woman, with no real experience, other than being a governor for less than 2 years in a sparsley populated state...and would ridicule her lack of foreign experience....

jd

What a shocker JD!

Conservatives not backing a female liberal VP

Oh the inhumanity

Ms Palin brings a history of cutting spending and fighting government corruption

and she is a conservative

darin
08-29-2008, 12:43 PM

jd

Absolutley. They would have been laughing for two reasons:

1) He'd have a VP with MORE experience than the Presidential candidate

2) He'd have chosen, likely, a flaming Liberal who has even MORE-wrong views than his own.

Oh...and she'd NOT have been HOT, either :)

red states rule
08-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Absolutley. They would have been laughing for two reasons:

1) He'd have a VP with MORE experience than the Presidential candidate

2) He'd have chosen, likely, a flaming Liberal who has even MORE-wrong views than his own.

Oh...and she'd NOT have been HOT, either :)

Damn tried to rep you

I owe you

JohnDoe
What is Obama's experience, really?

143 days in the Senate then he decided to run for the Presidency.

143 days experience.
Much more than hers on foreign affairs and foreign policy...

could she have run for presidency and gotten the people's vote and nomination as he did....?

Abbey Marie

Now you all need to stop dissing little ol' Delaware. We will have, I believe, the first off-shore wind energy in the nation. We are "The First State" after all.

We are a Blue State, though, so carry on. :laugh2:

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 12:45 PM
It was the one way Obama could have won the election

Now he is in for a hard fight

Ms Palin has knocked him off the first page, taken away any bounce he would have got, and really increased interest in the Republican convention

Now the liberal media can only hope hurricane Gustav hits the US so they can ignore the convention

Are you kidding? It is easy to ignore the convention. I watched maybe five minutes of the first two nights of the Democratic Convention. Pausing just long enough to see who was speaking while channel surfing. In those five minutes, I heard the name "Barack Obama" no less than 75 times I'm sure. It was sickening how they were worshipping him. "We need Barack Obama..." repeated over and over again. :puke:

Immie

red states rule
08-29-2008, 12:47 PM

could she have run for presidency and gotten the people's vote and nomination as he did....?

Yea, he calls Iran a tiny nation and not a threat as they make nukes

He is endorsed by Hamas, Hugo Chavez, and Castro

He said the surge was a waste of lives and resources even though it was a success

Is that the "experience" you want in the White House?

red states rule
08-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Are you kidding? It is easy to ignore the convention. I watched maybe five minutes of the first two nights of the Democratic Convention. Pausing just long enough to see who was speaking while channel surfing. In those five minutes, I heard the name "Barack Obama" no less than 75 times I'm sure. It was sickening how they were worshipping him. "We need Barack Obama..." repeated over and over again. :puke:

Immie

We will see what the ratings are. The ratings for the Dem convention were about 1 million viewers lower then the 04 convention

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 12:48 PM
What a shocker JD!

Conservatives not backing a female liberal VP

Oh the inhumanity

Ms Palin brings a history of cutting spending and fighting government corruption

and she is a conservative
a history of cutting spending rsr? WHAT HISTORY? one fiscal budget as governor that hasn't even ended yet? ;)

jd

Abbey Marie
08-29-2008, 12:49 PM

GET REAL

jd

One major difference is that Hussein desperately needed someone with experience on his ticket, as he has almost none himself. McCain has no fear of being seen as inexperienced, and therefore did not have to pick a Washington insider to give him- excuse the expression- gravitas.

In addition, governing a state is, imo, much more like being President than serving in the Senate ever could be. It is an executive position, and apparently Mrs. Palin has the personality and ability to handle an executive postion with great success.

darin
08-29-2008, 12:49 PM

How the hell would 143 days on the floor of the senate give more Foreign Policy Experience to Obama? I mean - that's silly. 143 days on the floor is an eye-drop's worth of Foreign Policy Experience.

Let's call Obama's Foreign Policy experience "1". He has "1 Experience level." He's running for PRESIDENT.

The proposed VICE PRESIDENT has '0'. 1 is More than 0, so you're technically correct, but it's a pissant point. It's a ticky-tack point. It's a point that he has '1' more than She. Who cares. 1 more than Nothing is still nothing.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 12:50 PM
a history of cutting spending rsr? WHAT HISTORY? one fiscal budget as governor that hasn't even ended yet? ;)

jd

Read up on her, A very impressive record

With Obama, you libs do not want to talk about experience JD

Abbey Marie
08-29-2008, 12:53 PM
That doesn't seem bad to me, honestly...

This interview may KILL it for McCain and Palin - you've gotta KNOW that all the Obama camp needs to do is play this clip....... *sigh*.....

darin
08-29-2008, 12:58 PM
What is it? I can't view the vid. Cliff's notes?

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 01:05 PM
One major difference is that Hussein desperately needed someone with experience on his ticket, as he has almost none himself. McCain has no fear of being seen as inexperienced, and therefore did not have to pick a Washington insider to give him- excuse the expression- gravitas.

In addition, governing a state is, imo, much more like being President than serving in the Senate ever could be. It is an executive position, and apparently Mrs. Palin has the personality and ability to handle an executive postion with great success.

I don't disagree abbey, but the obama side has made a great deal of hoop dee dah regarding mccain's health and mccain's sanity and mccain just not getting it and mccain's age....it still would have been a good move to pick someone as strong as him as well imo.... due to all of this, so there would be no "opening" for the other side to put that fear in to citizen's mind...could she be our president, in this day and age, on day 2 if he croaked?

I do think being a governor of a big state is pretty good experience for the presidency....i am not certain she even has in one year of a fiscal budget yet though....4 years or so of being one....

jd

red states rule
08-29-2008, 01:08 PM
I don't disagree abbey, but the obama side has made a great deal of hoop dee dah regarding mccain's health and mccain's sanity and mccain just not getting it and mccain's age....it still would have been a good move to pick someone as strong as him as well imo.... due to all of this, so there would be no "opening" for the other side to put that fear in to citizen's mind...could she be our president, in this day and age, on day 2 if he croaked?

I do think being a governor of a big state is pretty good experience for the presidency....i am not certain she even has in one year of a fiscal budget yet though....4 years or so of being one....

jd

McCain passed his medical check with flying colors

McCain has no mental problems

McCain is 6 years older then Biden

Ms Palin has much more experience then Obama or Hillary. She has a track record of accomplishments that neither Obama or Hillary has

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Read up on her, A very impressive record

With Obama, you libs do not want to talk about experience JD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_PalinI chose Hillary over Obama because of her experience over his....

Abbey Marie
08-29-2008, 01:10 PM
This guy for veep? Could be fun!

http://www.national-treasures.co.uk/USERIMAGES/Michael%20PALIN(1).jpg

red states rule
08-29-2008, 01:11 PM
I chose Hillary over Obama because of her experience over his....

Yet what has Hillary accomplished? What elected offices has she held?

Oh she did dodge sniper fire :laugh2:

Sitarro
08-29-2008, 01:15 PM
She has been Governor and Commander In Chief of the Alaska National Guard, the closest state to Russia, China and North Korea......... I think she has probably done plenty of home work on foreign policy, she will get plenty of knowledge from McCain in the next 67 days. She will kick Biden's ass in any debate, especially when they bring up that partial birth abortion shit.

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 01:15 PM
McCain passed his medical check with flying colors

McCain has no mental problems

McCain is 6 years older then Biden

Ms Palin has much more experience then Obama or Hillary. She has a track record of accomplishments that neither Obama or Hillary has

what accomplishments?

palin was a mayor for a term of a TOWN with ONLY 5500 people??? how is that any kind of experience rsr?

jd

mundame
08-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Yea, he calls Iran a tiny nation and not a threat as they make nukes

He is endorsed by Hamas, Hugo Chavez, and Castro

He said the surge was a waste of lives and resources even though it was a success

Is that the "experience" you want in the White House?

Some people may decide that's at least more relevant experience than moose hunting.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 01:19 PM
what accomplishments?

palin was a mayor for a term of a TOWN with ONLY 5500 people??? how is that any kind of experience rsr?

jd

Once again JD

Palin served two terms on the Wasilla City Council from 1992 to 1996. In 1996, she challenged and defeated the incumbent mayor, criticizing wasteful spending and high taxes.[3] The ex-mayor and sheriff tried to organize a recall campaign, but failed.[3] Palin kept her campaign promises by reducing her own salary, as well as reducing property taxes by 60%.[3] She ran for reelection against the former mayor in 1999, winning by an even larger margin.[3][6] Palin was also elected president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors.[7]

In 2002, Palin made an unsuccessful bid for Lieutenant Governor, coming in second to Loren Leman in a four-way race. After Frank Murkowski resigned from his long-held U.S. Senate seat in mid-term to become governor, Palin interviewed to be his possible successor. Instead, Murkowski appointed his daughter, then-Alaska State Representative Lisa Murkowski.[3]

Governor Murkowski appointed Palin Ethics Commissioner of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission,[8] where she served from 2003 to 2004 until resigning in protest over what she called the "lack of ethics" of fellow Alaskan Republican leaders, who ignored her whistleblowing complaints of legal violations and conflicts of interest.[9][3] After she resigned, she exposed the state Republican Party's chairman, Randy Ruedrich, one of her fellow Oil & Gas commissioners, who was accused of doing work for the party on public time, and supplying a lobbyist with a sensitive e-mail.[10] Palin filed formal complaints against both Ruedrich and former Alaska Attorney General Gregg Renkes, who both resigned; Ruedrich paid a record $12,000 fine.[3]

Governorship
In 2006, Palin, running on a clean-government campaign, executed an upset victory over then-Gov. Murkowski in the Republican gubernatorial primary.[3] Despite the lack of support from party leaders and being outspent by her Democratic opponent, she went on to win the general election in November 2006, defeating former Governor Tony Knowles.[3] Palin said in 2006 that education, public safety, and transportation would be three cornerstones of her administration.[11]

When elected, Palin became the first woman to be Alaska's governor, and the youngest governor in Alaskan history at 42 years of age upon taking office. Palin was also the first Alaskan governor born after Alaska achieved U.S. statehood. She was also the first Alaskan governor not to be inaugurated in Juneau, instead choosing to hold her inauguration ceremony in Fairbanks. She took office on December 4, 2006.

Highlights of Governor Palin's tenure include a successful push for an ethics bill, and also shelving pork-barrel projects supported by fellow Republicans. After federal funding for the Gravina Island Bridge project that had become a nationwide symbol of wasteful earmark spending was lost, Palin decided against filling the over $200 million gap with state money.[12][13] "Alaska needs to be self-sufficient, she says, instead of relying heavily on 'federal dollars,' as the state does today."[14]

She has challenged the state's Republican leaders, helping to launch a campaign by Lieutenant Governor Sean Parnell to unseat U.S. Congressman Don Young[15] and publicly challenging Senator Ted Stevens to come clean about the federal investigation into his financial dealings.[12]

In 2007, Palin had an approval rating often in the 90s.[14] A poll published by Hays Research on July 28, 2008 showed Palin's approval rating at 80%.[16]

and once again, what are the accomplishments of Hillary and Obama?

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 01:20 PM
She has been Governor and Commander In Chief of the Alaska National Guard, the closest state to Russia, China and North Korea......... I think she has probably done plenty of home work on foreign policy, she will get plenty of knowledge from McCain in the next 67 days. She will kick Biden's ass in any debate, especially when they bring up that partial birth abortion shit. she was a mayor of a small town, and now governor for not even a full fiscal year behind her...

she seems smart, but a president/vp....nahhhhhhhh, not yet....

look at cp's video...she did't even know what the vp position is or requires...

mundame
08-29-2008, 01:21 PM
i am not certain she even has in one year of a fiscal budget yet though....4 years or so of being one....

jd

William Henry Harrison died 31 days after his inauguration, which is where he caught the pneumonia he died of (lonnnnnnnnnnnng speech). So we could have a Prez Palin very, very soon.

Unacceptable.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Some people may decide that's at least more relevant experience than moose hunting.

We all know Obama and Hillary will appease the terrorists JD. That is why the bad guys prefer the Dems. I am pointing out the foreign policy experience you brought up

red states rule
08-29-2008, 01:22 PM
she was a mayor of a small town, and now governor for not even a full fiscal year behind her...

she seems smart, but a president/vp....nahhhhhhhh, not yet....

look at cp's video...she did't even know what the vp position is or requires...

Seems to me JD, you are in a tizzy the women on the ticket is not Hillary

Blame your party and get over it

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Once again JD

Palin served two terms on the Wasilla City Council from 1992 to 1996. In 1996, she challenged and defeated the incumbent mayor, criticizing wasteful spending and high taxes.[3] The ex-mayor and sheriff tried to organize a recall campaign, but failed.[3] Palin kept her campaign promises by reducing her own salary, as well as reducing property taxes by 60%.[3] She ran for reelection against the former mayor in 1999, winning by an even larger margin.[3][6] Palin was also elected president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors.[7]

In 2002, Palin made an unsuccessful bid for Lieutenant Governor, coming in second to Loren Leman in a four-way race. After Frank Murkowski resigned from his long-held U.S. Senate seat in mid-term to become governor, Palin interviewed to be his possible successor. Instead, Murkowski appointed his daughter, then-Alaska State Representative Lisa Murkowski.[3]

Governor Murkowski appointed Palin Ethics Commissioner of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission,[8] where she served from 2003 to 2004 until resigning in protest over what she called the "lack of ethics" of fellow Alaskan Republican leaders, who ignored her whistleblowing complaints of legal violations and conflicts of interest.[9][3] After she resigned, she exposed the state Republican Party's chairman, Randy Ruedrich, one of her fellow Oil & Gas commissioners, who was accused of doing work for the party on public time, and supplying a lobbyist with a sensitive e-mail.[10] Palin filed formal complaints against both Ruedrich and former Alaska Attorney General Gregg Renkes, who both resigned; Ruedrich paid a record $12,000 fine.[3]

Governorship
In 2006, Palin, running on a clean-government campaign, executed an upset victory over then-Gov. Murkowski in the Republican gubernatorial primary.[3] Despite the lack of support from party leaders and being outspent by her Democratic opponent, she went on to win the general election in November 2006, defeating former Governor Tony Knowles.[3] Palin said in 2006 that education, public safety, and transportation would be three cornerstones of her administration.[11]

When elected, Palin became the first woman to be Alaska's governor, and the youngest governor in Alaskan history at 42 years of age upon taking office. Palin was also the first Alaskan governor born after Alaska achieved U.S. statehood. She was also the first Alaskan governor not to be inaugurated in Juneau, instead choosing to hold her inauguration ceremony in Fairbanks. She took office on December 4, 2006.

Highlights of Governor Palin's tenure include a successful push for an ethics bill, and also shelving pork-barrel projects supported by fellow Republicans. After federal funding for the Gravina Island Bridge project that had become a nationwide symbol of wasteful earmark spending was lost, Palin decided against filling the over $200 million gap with state money.[12][13] "Alaska needs to be self-sufficient, she says, instead of relying heavily on 'federal dollars,' as the state does today."[14]

She has challenged the state's Republican leaders, helping to launch a campaign by Lieutenant Governor Sean Parnell to unseat U.S. Congressman Don Young[15] and publicly challenging Senator Ted Stevens to come clean about the federal investigation into his financial dealings.[12]

In 2007, Palin had an approval rating often in the 90s.[14] A poll published by Hays Research on July 28, 2008 showed Palin's approval rating at 80%.[16]

and once again, what are the accomplishments of Hillary and Obama?

wasilla has 5600 people rsr, i can't get beyond that for her experience that you claim so great.....and jump to 300 million people nationwide

we will have to agree to disagree....

i do not see this as something that would help mccain win.

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 01:26 PM
William Henry Harrison died 31 days after his inauguration, which is where he caught the pneumonia he died of (lonnnnnnnnnnnng speech). So we could have a Prez Palin very, very soon.

Unacceptable.

There are others who would say that an Obama Presidency is "unacceptable". Personally, I'm not agreeable to either a McCon or an Obama Presidency, but it is not my choice to make.

Which ever one of these two losers wins in November, I will accept it and pray for a better outcome in 2012.

Immie

PS Couldn't resist the spelling error just once. I'll do my best to leave that out in the future.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 01:26 PM
wasilla has 5600 people rsr, i can't get beyond that for her experience that you claim so great.....and jump to 300 million people nationwide

we will have to agree to disagree....

i do not see this as something that would help mccain win.

and the population of Biden's state is????

I must admit JD, you have done an outstanding job of telling us the accomplishments of Hillary and Obama

It is already helping McCain. Is anyone taling about his lame speech last night? :laugh2:

Sitarro
08-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Right, me too. October.

Does anyone give a shit?

Abbey Marie
08-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Regarding their relative inexperience, Obama was elected state Senator, and Palin was elected Mayor, in the same year-1996. But he is running for the top spot.

mundame
08-29-2008, 01:32 PM
For perspective on their relative lack of experience, wasn't Sarah Palin a mayor before Obama was even elected a State senator?

I don't know about that, but I just read that the small town she was mayor of had LESS population than Obama's State Senate district --------

And he at least had a district in Chicago, in a major state in the continental U.S., while she's been stuck all this time thousands of miles away from anything except Siberia.

Not ready for prime time.

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 01:34 PM
For perspective on their relative lack of experience, I believe Sarah Palin was mayor before Obama was even elected a State senator?
mayor of new york, or chicago, or dallas or houston, or even st louis or kansas city....

but a mayor or councilman of a TOWN with 5600 people? not experience enough for ANYTHING nationally in my opinion....shoot that would make my small town councilmen qualified to be president....i don't see it the way you do, i guess....

red states rule
08-29-2008, 01:35 PM
I don't know about that, but I just read that the small town she was mayor of had LESS population than Obama's State Senate district --------

And he at least had a district in Chicago, in a major state in the continental U.S., while she's been stuck all this time thousands of miles away from anything except Siberia.

Obama ran around with racist pastors, and domestic terrorists to get his "career" launched

He served 2 terms in the state Senate and about 140 days in the US Senate then he decides he is ready to be President of the US?

Again, experiecne is not a topic you libs want to bring up

Abbey Marie
08-29-2008, 01:36 PM

You are just proving the point that Obama is not ready for prime time, if she isn't. And he is shooting for that seat in the Oval Office. Scary, I know.

Sitarro
08-29-2008, 01:36 PM

Unacceptable.

I find a President Biden almost as unacceptable as a President Osama. Another dickhead lawyer/politician from Harvard is unacceptable! An Africa worshipping semi-white boy is unacceptable! An elitist snob that tells us to take a bus while he flies around on a huge 757 is unacceptable.

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Palin could knock my socks off, once i get to know her better....i leave that open, but on ''paper'' she doesn't meet muster, as it stands now...imo.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Palin could knock my socks off, once i get to know her better....i leave that open, but on ''paper'' she doesn't meet muster, as it stands now...imo.

Then neither should Obama. Unless you have different standards for Dems

08-29-2008, 01:42 PM
Dreadful choice, IMO.

I'd have given in and voted for McCain if he had picked the able and honorable Tom Ridge.

But Palin? Governor of our least populous state only since late 2006; beauty pageant type; last job, mayor of a town of only 6700 population; regularly described by men on forums as "hot," which is not much of an advertisement for me for her being president ------- what is this, the sex-appeal election?

Probably McCain thinks she's hot, too.

Anti-abortion to the point of gestating full term a Downs syndrome child, despite the usual strong advice that she abort. All this while she was GOVERNOR. I guess she doesn't have to care for it, since she's governor -- and now VP candidate -- she'll always have servants to do that, so who cares, huh.

There aren't many anti-abortion women, but by golly, ol' McSame managed to find one. He also found a VP that no one will hope will become president, so he doesn't have any competition.

VERY disappointing. I was hoping for some stature. McCain's VP IS pretty likely to become prez, after all. Palin makes Obama's experience look good!!

Do you realize that? Palin's lack of experience actually makes Obama's experience look good!!!

Well, that's it. The election belongs to Obama now and I expect the polls will crash against McCain.

Gov. Palin has more experience that Senator Obama does. Not really your best complaint there.

And women are a heck of alot more passionately pro life than men are.

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Then neither should Obama. Unless you have different standards for Dems

Here is a bit of info for you RSR. Important in this discussion. Also, I don't think I am repeating something she hasn't said publicly, but if I am, I apologize.

JD doesn't like Obama. She is still miffed that Hillary is not the candidate.

She may hold her nose and vote for him, but she doesn't like him.

Although, I imagine she likes him better than I like McCain.

Immie

Sitarro
08-29-2008, 01:44 PM

She is a real American that actually knows about going to the store to buy groceries for her family. An American that refuses the private jet and flies commercial airlines. Unlike the wanna be Boy King Osama, she would work with experts within the administration to make decisions, that's what Governors do and what Presidents do. The fact is though, with Osama's cigarette habit and no doubt high blood pressure(he claims to be black right?), he is more likely to kick it than McCain......... not to mention the nagging he no doubt gets from the abysmal Michelle.

08-29-2008, 01:47 PM

jd

Hillary didnt do jack squat. The only reason she was even competitive is her last name was Clinton. She's been riding Bill's coattails from day one.

And unlike Hillary, Gov. Palin has actually done something. Heck, she not only has more experience than Obama, she has more experience running things than Hillary does.

To say this woman hasnt earned it and somehow Hillary did is an aboslute joke.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Here is a bit of info for you RSR. Important in this discussion. Also, I don't think I am repeating something she hasn't said publicly, but if I am, I apologize.

JD doesn't like Obama. She is still miffed that Hillary is not the candidate.

She may hold her nose and vote for him, but she doesn't like him.

Although, I imagine she likes him better than I like McCain.

Immie

She may be part of the Hillary faction that will stay home. She is miffed - so what?

Libs are always screaming about women and blacks getting ahead - as long as they are not conservative women and blacks

darin
08-29-2008, 01:49 PM

On paper, how does Obama pass muster?

08-29-2008, 01:52 PM

Getting vicious already. I can't imagine why they would have left a newborn baby that might not have even been born at the time of the picture out of the photograph.

Thank you for demonstrating that intellectual honesty of the left. Can't actually argue against Mrs. Palin, so you attack her disabled child. And you wonder why we think poorly of you on the left.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 01:52 PM

All you have to do is look at a blank sheet of paper for your answer

08-29-2008, 01:54 PM

Queen bee...

Quite honestly I love strong women. Which is another reason i disliked Clinton so much. She wasnt strong at all. (Okay and Im not sure she was a woman)

red states rule
08-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Queen bee...

Quite honestly I love strong women. Which is another reason i disliked Clinton so much. She wasnt strong at all. (Okay and Im not sure she was a woman)

The Queen bee - like Pelosi going against Hillary

Mr. P
08-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Time will tell..mixed felling for me..

Palin is fresh and sharp and from outside DC...problem is can she deal with a world stage, as in foreign relations and such if called upon to do so.

IMO she was tapped to gain the women and pro-lifers votes.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 01:59 PM

Palin is fresh and sharp and from outside DC...problem is can she deal with a world stage, as in foreign relations and such if called upon to do so.

and votes from conservatives which McCain needs to win

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 02:03 PM

barely, but ahead of her....he at least has been privy to the intelligence estimates for nearing 2 years....

red states rule
08-29-2008, 02:05 PM
barely, but ahead of her....he at least has been privy to the intelligence estimates for nearing 2 years....

and look how correct he was on the surge in Iraq :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
08-29-2008, 02:08 PM
and look how he was correct on the surge in Iraq :laugh2:

JD, you have to admit, that was a dead-on response. I'd love to see your counter. :)

red states rule
08-29-2008, 02:09 PM
JD, you have to admit, that was a dead-on response. I'd love to see your counter. :)

To this day, Obama has not admitted he was wrong about the surge. He removed all his anti surge comments from his web site before going on his "Save the World" tour

JD my reply we are losing in Iraq, and the surge has accomplished nothing

-Cp
08-29-2008, 02:14 PM

Actually, she is the ONLY person on ANY of the two tickets to have served in an Executive branch - the other three people (McCain, Obama and Biden) are law-makers.....

08-29-2008, 02:17 PM

jd

He doesnt have to get all the Hillary women. Just some of them. And we already know some were inclined to vote for McCain anywhere.

And Hillary wasnt qualified. As mentioned before Palin has more executive experience than Hillary did. Ive been waiting months Hillary or Obama supporters to name one accomplishment they've had. (winning an election does not make someone an experienced leader).

08-29-2008, 02:19 PM

Keep thinking that. I encourage you to think that.

But dont be surprised on election day when he loses. Dont go claiming McCain cheated.

08-29-2008, 02:20 PM
wow..so ugly..I hope you don't ever have kids..

Well I know Obama doesnt want her punished with a baby.

Id be more worried about punishing the baby with her though.

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 02:21 PM
He doesnt have to get all the Hillary women. Just some of them. And we already know some were inclined to vote for McCain anywhere.

And Hillary wasnt qualified. As mentioned before Palin has more executive experience than Hillary did. Ive been waiting months Hillary or Obama supporters to name one accomplishment they've had. (winning an election does not make someone an experienced leader).experience of running a TOWN with 5600 people.....? i don't think SO avatar! and those hillary supporters were probably pro choice....palin isn't....she might help secure some already republican women.....but true hillary supporters....i doubt it!

mundame
08-29-2008, 02:21 PM
There are others who would say that an Obama Presidency is "unacceptable". Personally, I'm not agreeable to either a McCon or an Obama Presidency, but it is not my choice to make.

Which ever one of these two losers wins in November, I will accept it and pray for a better outcome in 2012.

Immie

I see we are in agreement about all of that.

08-29-2008, 02:23 PM

We could get alot of energy from Delaware if we found a way to turn hot air into energy before Biden retires.

Gaffer
08-29-2008, 02:24 PM
The more I read and see about Palin the better I like her. We are not just voting for one person in the election. We are also getting the hangers on and coat tail riders that come with them. Cabinet posts and cushy federal jobs will be filled by these people.

This selection by McCain says that he's thinking outside the box and maybe there is hope for a McCain administration. The president approves everything, but it is the people he appoints that actually run the country. Palin already has executive experience. She will get even more as VP. I don't expect McCain to go more than one term due to his age. She will then be in the perfect position to step into the run for the presidency in 12.

The GOP has been long in need of new blood and new faces. She's a real good start.

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Keep thinking that. I encourage you to think that.

But dont be surprised on election day when he loses. Dont go claiming McCain cheated.

Oh man, can you imagine the screaming we will hear from the Democrats if McCain pulls out a close victory or even loses the popular vote but wins the electoral vote? It won't be a pretty time around here, that is for sure. I'm almost praying for a landslide just to avoid that.

Immie

mundame
08-29-2008, 02:27 PM
You are just proving the point that Obama is not ready for prime time, if she isn't. And he is shooting for that seat in the Oval Office. Scary, I know.

Okay, I agree with that. I'm not planning on voting for Obama, be sure.

However, I'm very disappointed in this Palin pick -------- she is even less qualified than Obama, and is very likely to be prez when McCain conks out!

After all, McCain is 72 today and has had FOUR recurrances of melanoma cancer. No wonder all those high-level GOPers wanted to be his VP!!!!

I think a lot of people will look at this very inexperienced femme and her real isolation from anything up there in Alaska -- her husband is apparently an Eskimo who races dogsleds -- and they are going to vote ol' Obama Hussein right into the White House in a landslide.

Abbey Marie
08-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Oh man, can you imagine the screaming we will hear from the Democrats if McCain pulls out a close victory or even loses the popular vote but wins the electoral vote? It won't be a pretty time around here, that is for sure. I'm almost praying for a landslide just to avoid that.

Immie

I've been wondering about that, too. In addition to the Gore and Kerry loser bitterness, there will be a racial element added to the mix.

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 02:28 PM
I've been wondering about that, too. In addition to the Gore and Kerry loser bitterness, there will be a racial element added to the mix.

{Shudders}

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 02:29 PM
and look how correct he was on the surge in Iraq :laugh2:
it can be argued, either way....

for either stance, to be the right one.....time will tell if mccain's way sticks and stays working, once we leave...and on obama's, well, we will never know...one can speculate, but his way never happened, so we will truely never know....

i think mccain had it right, just wished it happened 5 years earlier....

08-29-2008, 02:31 PM
I chose Hillary over Obama because of her experience over his....

I asked this when the campaign started and Ill ask now: What experience?

08-29-2008, 02:33 PM
what accomplishments?

jd

It's really not that difficult to understand

Experience with leadership over a town and state (whether small or large) is always going to be greater than experience with leadership over absolutely nothing which is exactly what Obama and Hillary had.

mundame
08-29-2008, 02:34 PM

She'll presumably get the pro-lifers. However, I don't think women are going to fall all over her just because she's a woman. I personally view her choice as VP an insult to women --- she was picked for her looks and her atypically ultra-conservative antiabortionism, and how does that reflect mainstream women in America?

Choosing a woman because she'll be sexy for Limbaugh and his like is NOT feminist, and I doubt too many women will be fooled by this ploy. I wanted an excuse to vote McCain; but this is an insult.

08-29-2008, 02:34 PM

Unacceptable.

But a man with less experience starting on day one is?

ridiculous.

Abbey Marie
08-29-2008, 02:36 PM
She'll presumably get the pro-lifers. However, I don't think women are going to fall all over her just because she's a woman. I personally view her choice as VP an insult to women --- she was picked for her looks and her atypically ultra-conservative antiabortionism, and how does that reflect mainstream women in America?

Choosing a woman because she'll be sexy for Limbaugh and his like is NOT feminist, and I doubt too many women will be fooled by this ploy. I wanted an excuse to vote McCain; but this is an insult.

Do you think Obama was chosen for his half-black good looks, smooth talking and extremely liberal views? Blacks, libs and public speakers don't seem insulted by it at all.

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 02:36 PM
It's really not that difficult to understand

Experience with leadership over a town and state (whether small or large) is always going to be greater than experience with leadership over absolutely nothing which is exactly what Obama and Hillary had.you forgot mccain in your statement...he has no executive experience, not even for a town of 5600.....how come? ;)

08-29-2008, 02:38 PM
I find a President Biden almost as unacceptable as a President Osama. Another dickhead lawyer/politician from Harvard is unacceptable! An Africa worshipping semi-white boy is unacceptable! An elitist snob that tells us to take a bus while he flies around on a huge 757 is unacceptable.

Biden actually graduated from the UofD.

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 02:39 PM

I think you are living in a dream world if you honestly believe most women are pro-abortion. In fact, I would say more woman are actually pro-life than pro-choice. It is a hard choice to make and many people struggle over the idea of interfering in a woman's choice but when it comes down to life even the life of a baby still in the womb compassionate women choose life and there are a lot more compassionate woman than you seem to want to admit from your extreme left wing point of view on this one.

In other words, I think you have bought the Pro-abortion lies hook, line and sinker.

Immie

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 02:40 PM

really? wow, he is a real local yocal! i did not know that...

08-29-2008, 02:41 PM
experience of running a TOWN with 5600 people.....? i don't think SO avatar! and those hillary supporters were probably pro choice....palin isn't....she might help secure some already republican women.....but true hillary supporters....i doubt it!

Think about this rationally.

Palin - Ran a city and a state

Clinton - Ran nothing

She could have run a mom and pop shop for one day and have more leadership experience than Clinton has now.

Abbey Marie
08-29-2008, 02:42 PM

:( UD is a pretty big and well-respected school, JD.

08-29-2008, 02:44 PM

Yeah, he spoke at my cousins graduation. We got out of their eventually.

theHawk
you forgot mccain in your statement...he has no executive experience, not even for a town of 5600.....how come? ;)

He retired from the military an O-6.....

JohnDoe
I think you are living in a dream world if you honestly believe most women are pro-abortion. In fact, I would say more woman are actually pro-life than pro-choice. It is a hard choice to make and many people struggle over the idea of interfering in a woman's choice but when it comes down to life even the life of a baby still in the womb compassionate women choose life and there are a lot more compassionate woman than you seem to want to admit from your extreme left wing point of view on this one.

In other words, I think you have bought the Pro-abortion lies hook, line and sinker.

Immie

I believe they do choose life over aborting, for the most part....for themselves.

but this is separate from feeling that the woman making the decision is the only one that can....thus, they give that option to them, even if somewhat silently, no matter how strongly they may feel about it for themselves....that comes with compassion also....as strange as that may seem to most on this board...

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 02:46 PM
He retired from the military an O-6.....what does O-6 mean Hawk? (i really don't know?)

Abbey Marie
08-29-2008, 02:47 PM
I believe they do choose life over aborting, for the most part....for themselves.

but this is separate from feeling that the woman making the decision is the only one that can....thus, they give that option to them, even if somewhat silently, no matter how strongly they may feel about it for themselves....that comes with compassion also....as strange as that may seem to most on this board...

No compassion for the babe, though. :(

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 02:47 PM

Isn't that the school that had the "all whites are racists" indoctrination?

Wait, looked it up and yes it was. It also seems that the indoctrination has quietly resumed.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=65532

An indoctrination program that was shut down at the University of Delaware last year after it was revealed the teachings included, "All whites are racist," now is being revived, and an organization monitoring such educational behavior is concerned there will be violations similar to those of a year ago.

Adam Kissell, a spokesman for The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, told WND his worry is that this year's "program" for incoming students at Delaware has the same "learning outcomes" as a year ago, the same administrators are running it, and components appear simply to have been renamed, instead of changed.

Forgive me, but it doesn't seem to be so respectable to me?

Did Obama attend UoD also? Just curious.

Immie

Sitarro
08-29-2008, 02:50 PM

I understand that, I was actually referring to Osama's Harvard elitist training..... not to become an actual lawyer but a lawyer/politician........ yecchh. I'm obviously not a Harvard trained writer.:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
08-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Isn't that the school that had the "all whites are racists" indoctrination?

Wait, looked it up and yes it was. It also seems that the indoctrination has quietly resumed.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=65532

Forgive me, but it doesn't seem to be so respectable to me?

Did Obama attend UoD also? Just curious.

Immie

What I meant by well-respected, was academically. Unfortunately, higher education in this country has been co-opted by far-left libs. It's a shame, but there it is. It's hard to find a university today where some form of indoctrination is not taking place.

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 02:51 PM

:laugh2: hahahahahahahaha! I'm sorry, i really wasn't putting them down....lollollol....

I just didn't realize he went to college in delaware.....

theHawk
08-29-2008, 02:58 PM
what does O-6 mean Hawk? (i really don't know?)

A Navy Captain. The equivlant of a Colonel, one rank below a one star Admiral/General

mundame
08-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Do you think Obama was chosen for his half-black good looks, smooth talking and extremely liberal views?

Yes.

mundame
08-29-2008, 03:12 PM
I would say more woman are actually pro-life than pro-choice.

Perhaps, Immie, but only for ourselves. Not for other women. Many women would not care to do such a thing, and most of us don't ever have to face it, but knowing all the bad possibilities in life, don't want to deny that choice to women who find themselves in serious trouble.

It is a hard choice to make and many people struggle over the idea of interfering in a woman's choice but when it comes down to life even the life of a baby still in the womb compassionate women choose life

That's fine if they are only choosing for themselves. When it comes to carrying to term a fetus with a severe birth defect, that choice will usually impact several family members as well as the mother; nevertheless, it's her choice.

However, to choose that NO ONE can choose? That would be immoral, IMO, and yet that is what this Palin woman apparently stands for: all women so unfortunate as she was to be forced to carry a Down Syndrome baby to birth and care for it all their lives, as she did. Well, she can pay to have it cared for, of course, and does, while she gallivants around the country campaigning and abandons her children, but everyone else is supposed to throw their lives away caring for a retarded child: that's the implication of such a belief system as hers.

This is not compassionate, in my opinion. Not at all. It's not good for the country, either. We've made a lot of progress in stopping the huge personal and national costs of a large natural population of gravely disabled children. I think that is excellent for us all.

Mr. P
08-29-2008, 03:16 PM

IMO she was tapped to gain the women and pro-lifer votes.

fj1200
08-29-2008, 03:36 PM
However, to choose that NO ONE can choose? That would be immoral, IMO, and yet that is what this Palin woman apparently stands for: all women so unfortunate as she was to be forced to carry a Down Syndrome baby to birth and care for it all their lives, as she did. Well, she can pay to have it cared for, of course, and does, while she gallivants around the country campaigning and abandons her children, but everyone else is supposed to throw their lives away caring for a retarded child: that's the implication of such a belief system as hers.

This is not compassionate, in my opinion. Not at all. It's not good for the country, either. We've made a lot of progress in stopping the huge personal and national costs of a large natural population of gravely disabled children. I think that is excellent for us all.

Your use of language is very telling:
"what this Palin woman apparently stands for"
"gallivants around the country and abandons her children"
"throw their lives away caring for a retarded child"

Demeaning a successful woman who cares about her children. Isn't she the success that feminists have been fighting for?

"national costs... of gravely disabled children"

I guess a little euthanasia and infanticide will go along way when national health care comes around...

mundame
08-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Your use of language is very telling:
"what this Palin woman apparently stands for"
"gallivants around the country and abandons her children"
"throw their lives away caring for a retarded child"

Thank you; I'm glad I communicated successfully.

Demeaning a successful woman who cares about her children.

No, no, I'm demeaning a successful woman who abandons her children for her career.

Isn't she the success that feminists have been fighting for?

Well, not me, anyway.

I guess a little euthanasia and infanticide will go along way when national health care comes around...

Very possibly, and I worry about that, but remember that infanticide is illegal -- in this country. Abortion isn't.

JohnDoe
08-29-2008, 03:49 PM
A Navy Captain. The equivlant of a Colonel, one rank below a one star Admiral/General
ty!

PostmodernProphet
08-29-2008, 04:04 PM
okay, I can't believe this....17 pages and all of you have missed the obvious.....I mean, you got the first mainstream woman who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking gal, I mean, that’s a storybook, man........

red states rule
08-29-2008, 04:34 PM
it can be argued, either way....

for either stance, to be the right one.....time will tell if mccain's way sticks and stays working, once we leave...and on obama's, well, we will never know...one can speculate, but his way never happened, so we will truely never know....

i think mccain had it right, just wished it happened 5 years earlier....

There is nothing to argue about JD. The fact Obama deleted his anti surge comments, and the fact Dems are no longer talking about Iraq should tell you they were wrong (as usual) about the surge