PDA

View Full Version : Harriet Myers and Sarah Palin

midcan5
08-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Is Sarah Palin John McCain's Harriet Myers? What a curious choice, a nice woman, a soccer mom, governor of a state that is smaller than medium sized cities in terms of government, and a person who has no experience in national or international politics? The right went after Bush over Myers, they will not be able to do that today, a rather curious predicament. Experience can no longer be mentioned in this election by the republicans. A heartbeat away....

mundame
08-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Is Sarah Palin John McCain's Harriet Myers? What a curious choice, a nice woman, a soccer mom, governor of a state that is smaller than medium sized cities in terms of government, and a person who has no experience in national or international politics? The right went after Bush over Myers, they will not be able to do that today, a rather curious predicament. Experience can no longer be mentioned in this election by the republicans. A heartbeat away....

Yes, that occurred to me, too, that they MIGHT force McCain to re-choose, someone more sensible, as the conservatives like William Kristol and Charles Krauthammer forced Bush to retract Harriet Miers.

However, remember the one crucial issue in that conservative campaign: they were afraid Harriet Miers was Pro-Choice. (And she probably was, to some extent, though it was hard to find the evidence, but most women are. They made sure to choose two men in quick succession after Miers was withdrawn.)

This woman Palin is definitely anti-abortion enough even to satisfy Rush Limbaugh, and he's really the god McCain has to satisfy or he's sure to lose.

So for that reason I don't think the more sensible conservative politicos like Krauthammer (whom I much respect) will do anything but grin and bear it; I bet he's banging on the desk in private right now, though. Krauthammer and Fred Barnes have always HATED the McCain campaign, and this sort of wild gamble is one reason. They think he'll lose.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Given the reaction from the liberaal media, the Obamabots, and Hillary supporters; McCain made the right choice

BTW, is anyone talking about Obama and his speech from last night?

So much for Obama's post convention bounce :laugh2:

AllieBaba
08-29-2008, 01:47 PM

You're forgetting the fact that she has dealt with Canada and Russia pretty extensively, moron.

theHawk
08-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Experience can no longer be mentioned in this election by the republicans. A heartbeat away....

She isn't running for President. We can still whallop Obama over the head over and over on his non-experience because he is at the top of the ticket!

Pelosi is only 2 heartbeats away and I don't hear libs complaining about that! :laugh2:

Immanuel
08-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Pelosi is only 2 heartbeats away and I don't hear libs complaining about that! :laugh2:

My nightmares tonight will be on your conscience! :lol:

Immie

bullypulpit
08-29-2008, 03:18 PM

ROFLMAO! As soon as I heard that Sarah Palin was Grampy McCain's veep choice...Harriet Myers was the first thing that popped into my head. If elected, Grampy could kick the bucket leaving this lady alone in the the tank full of hungry sharks and piranhas that is Washington.

mundame
08-29-2008, 03:18 PM
The Reuters poll (http://www.reuters.com/) on whether Palin will help McCain pull in women voters is running slightly NEGATIVE --- more people think not.

Like me.

Scroll down, it's on the right side. The numbers are not high yet; there should be more polls about this on other sites.

On edit: Whoa, the numbers ARE high on the CNN poll, and it's 59% to 41%, that Palin will NOT help McCain with Hillary voters!

bullypulpit
08-29-2008, 03:19 PM
You're forgetting the fact that she has dealt with Canada and Russia pretty extensively, moron.

Please be more specific...

:link:

For more on her stances, go <a href=http://www.ontheissues.org/Sarah_Palin.htm>HERE</a>.

Dilloduck
08-29-2008, 03:29 PM
The Reuters poll (http://www.reuters.com/) on whether Palin will help McCain pull in women voters is running slightly NEGATIVE --- more people think not.

Like me.

Scroll down, it's on the right side. The numbers are not high yet; there should be more polls about this on other sites.

On edit: Whoa, the numbers ARE high on the CNN poll, and it's 59% to 41%, that Palin will NOT help McCain with Hillary voters!

Reuters is asking common American voters for their opinion on how women nation wide will respond ? Why are they asking someone else to do their job for them ? :laugh2:

mundame
08-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Reuters is asking common American voters for their opinion on how women nation wide will respond ? Why are they asking someone else to do their job for them ? :laugh2:

Because there is interest in an instant poll.

Wait, wait -------- in a couple days there will be a gazillion and thirty-nine polls from the polling companies.

There are really only two questions, right?

1) Does Palin help McCain with his base so they don't sit home?
(Yes, with the ultraconservatives controlled by Limbaugh and Hannity.)

2) Will Palin get women votes for McCain because she's a woman, particularly disgruntled ex-Hillary voters?
(It's not looking good so far.)

midcan5
08-29-2008, 03:50 PM

Are you on drugs, when, where, proof please. And those Canadians they're really bad bad people - LOL

I did hear she hates Polar bears so that is a good thing in the republican value system, Polar bear hate, right behind liberal hate. LOL Nice woman - silly choice, based on that alone he should withdraw as the republican candidate. LOL

08-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Are you on drugs, when, where, proof please. And those Canadians they're really bad bad people - LOL

I did hear she hates Polar bears so that is a good thing in the republican value system, Polar bear hate, right behind liberal hate. LOL Nice woman - silly choice, based on that alone he should withdraw as the republican candidate. LOL

I was unaware that in order to have experience in foreign relations the person has to deal with hostile countries.

midcan5
08-29-2008, 04:01 PM
I was unaware that in order to have experience in foreign relations the person has to deal with hostile countries.

I love the excuses you guys make, reverse this and you'd nitpick every detail every word every phrase - too funny.

mundame
08-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Yahoo, RealClearPolitics, etc. ------ the analyses I'm reading are plentiful and overwhelmingly negative.

The general theme is, she hasn't got the experience to be president, and she may need to be president very, very soon.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 04:31 PM
ROFLMAO! As soon as I heard that Sarah Palin was Grampy McCain's veep choice...Harriet Myers was the first thing that popped into my head. If elected, Grampy could kick the bucket leaving this lady alone in the the tank full of hungry sharks and piranhas that is Washington.

Again, who is talking about your messiah's speech - and where is his convention bump?

When it comes to experience, Ms palin has more then your boy BP

I am still waiting for JD to enlighten us on Obama's accomplishments

Sitarro
08-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Yahoo, RealClearPolitics, etc. ------ the analyses I'm reading are plentiful and overwhelmingly negative.

The general theme is, she hasn't got the experience to be president, and she may need to be president very, very soon.

You, are an idiot, almost as ignorant as Midcan0. Who could possibly give a shit what a know nothing thinks. Who turned your computer on for you?

red states rule
08-29-2008, 04:38 PM
You, are an idiot, almost as ignorant as Midcan0. Who could possibly give a shit what a know nothing thinks. Who turned your computer on for you?

She should be pissed off at Obama for ignoring Hillary. When the Clinton people do not get what they want they take it out on everyone they come in contact with

Mr. P
08-29-2008, 04:42 PM

But Oboma does? :laugh2:

red states rule
08-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Begala says McCain has lost his mind.

That is a good sign for Republicans!!!

Gaffer
08-29-2008, 06:09 PM

I guess that general theme made you wet your pants. I'm sure your thrilled to see overwhelming negative opinions. Did it send a tingle up your leg?

I have a lot more research to do on Palin. But so far I like what I see about her and I will vote for McCain because of her. One thing I like, is she is not and never was part of the herd that wanted to be president. Unlike McCain and obamanation she wasn't selected by the media.

08-29-2008, 07:28 PM
I love the excuses you guys make, reverse this and you'd nitpick every detail every word every phrase - too funny.

In other words, you can't back up your position.

08-29-2008, 07:29 PM

Obama is less experienced and more likely to be President soon.

Kathianne
08-29-2008, 07:33 PM

This woman Palin is definitely anti-abortion enough even to satisfy Rush Limbaugh, and he's really the god McCain has to satisfy or he's sure to lose.

I don't think so, however if there is truth to such; for Obama it would William Ayers, "We didn't do enough", referring to bombings, killings, and such; along with the Michael Moores, Rev. Wright and Code Pinks.

midcan5
08-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Gosh, the wingnuts are getting testy, listen I'm sure she'll be able to chauffeur John around being a soccer mom she is used to shuffling schedules and getting children to their practices on time. Hope she helps John get to his meetings on time. LOL

I have to change my quote, 'a vote for John McCain is a vote for soccer moms, who hate polar bears everywhere!' LOL

red states rule
08-29-2008, 07:39 PM
I don't think so, however if there is truth to such; for Obama it would William Ayers, "We didn't do enough", referring to bombings, killings, and such; along with the Michael Moores, Rev. Wright and Code Pinks.

What is it with libs they think a candidate who supports the murder of the unborn is a badge of honor and a resume enhancement?

bullypulpit
08-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Again, who is talking about your messiah's speech - and where is his convention bump?

Gallip poll Obama - 49%, Grampy - 41%, and that was BEFORE last night's speech.

When it comes to experience, Ms palin has more then your boy BP

As mayor of a town of less than 9000, and 20 months as the governor of the 47th most populous state in the union. Yeah buddy...That's real experience.

I am still waiting for JD to enlighten us on Obama's accomplishments

<a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_obama>Obama's accomplishments</a>

red states rule
08-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Friday, August 29, 2008 Email to a FriendAdvertisement
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows Barack Obama attracting 46% of the vote nationwide while John McCain earns 43%. When "leaners" are included, it’s Obama 49% and McCain 45% (see recent daily results). Sign up for a free daily e-mail update.

This is Obama’s biggest lead since late July, when he opened up a six-point advantage following his summer speech in Berlin. A separate story looks at the Obama bounce. Other data released this morning shows that Democrats are happier now than before the convention with the choice of Joe Biden as Obama’s running mate. Overall, 74% of Democrats say their convention has unified the party.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

As far as experience BP she has more experience then Obama

and as far as Gov Palin being Mayor of a town of 9,000; while Biden comes from the "huge" state of Delaware

NightTrain
08-29-2008, 08:36 PM
As mayor of a town of less than 9000, and 20 months as the governor of the 47th most populous state in the union. Yeah buddy...That's real experiece.

That's my town, slick.

Being the head honcho for the leading State in America for energy production and arm wrestling international oil conglomerates lends credence, yes?

Do some research and review Palin's credentials before you spew ignorance.

How has your boy Obama dealt with international corporations other than blindly taking money from them?

red states rule
08-29-2008, 08:38 PM
That's my town, slick.

Being the head honcho for the leading State in America for energy production and arm wrestling international oil conglomerates lends credence, yes?

How has your boy Obama dealt with international corporations other than blindly taking money from them?

BP is like most libs reacting over the pick of Gov Palin

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/gruesome_scanners_431x300.jpg

08-29-2008, 09:24 PM
Gosh, the wingnuts are getting testy, listen I'm sure she'll be able to chauffeur John around being a soccer mom she is used to shuffling schedules and getting children to their practices on time. Hope she helps John get to his meetings on time. LOL

I have to change my quote, 'a vote for John McCain is a vote for soccer moms, who hate polar bears everywhere!' LOL

I am disappointed that you used this historic opportunity to insult women everywhere.

Yurt
08-29-2008, 10:15 PM
I am disappointed that you used this historic opportunity to insult women everywhere.

no kidding. libs are the most insulting bunch out there. yet, they are genius in fooling enough people to think the cons are the boogey man. not all libs are like this, but the core are. racist, bigotted and sexist. no wonder hillary had to have such steel cajones, how else to get to the top of the cigar affectionado club conveniently called the 'democratic party'?

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:29 PM
no kidding. libs are the most insulting bunch out there. yet, they are genius in fooling enough people to think the cons are the boogey man. not all libs are like this, but the core are. racist, bigotted and sexist. no wonder hillary had to have such steel cajones, how else to get to the top of the cigar affectionado club conveniently called the 'democratic party'?

The left does not seem to applaud good parenting, just expedient decisions,

Abbey Marie
08-29-2008, 10:32 PM

Much like they defend gay rights ad nauseum, yet take every opportunity to use the word as an insult.

But I think midcan is pulling your leg. He has a decent sense of humor.

manu1959
08-29-2008, 10:39 PM

i thought you didn't need experience......hillary said it obama said it slick willy said it.....experience means more of the same.....like biden and mccain......

you should be happy she is not the same old player with the same old result.....now who said that.....

not to mention she is more in touch with the common man and woman than anyone one of the four......

Kathianne
08-29-2008, 10:42 PM
I'll with hold judgment for two weeks and get back to you all.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:54 PM
I'll with hold judgment for two weeks and get back to you all.

I have spent the day reading up on her, and unless I find something very critical about her, I may be voting not for McCain but for Gov Palin

NightTrain
08-30-2008, 12:14 AM

It seems that Bully is as uneducated now as when I was a regular back in the day.

I would have thought by now that he'd be edu-ma-cated!

bullypulpit
08-30-2008, 04:27 AM
That's my town, slick.

That's nice. Glad you like it.

Don't see any sign of her 'wrestling' anyone.

I have. Wasilla city council member - 2 terms. Wasilla mayor - 2 terms. Governor of Alaska - 20 months. Bachelor's degree in journalism - University of Idaho. 2nd runer-up Miss Alaska Beauty Pageant - 1984. If you really want to stretch the point, you can say she earned her national security chops as head of the Alaska National Guard.

Check OpenSecrets to see <a href=http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/summary.php?cid=N00009638&cycle=2008>Obama's</a> and <a href=http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/summary.php?cid=N00006424&cycle=2008>McCain's</a> campaign donations. And then there's Big Oil's contributions to McCain...

<blockquote> Campaign contributions from oil industry executives to Sen. John McCain rose dramatically in the last half of June, after the senator from Arizona made a high-profile split with environmentalists and reversed his opposition to the federal ban on offshore drilling. - <a href=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/26/AR2008072601891.html>Washington Post</a> </blockquote>

Where I come from, calling a black man "boy" will earn you a severe beating, at the very least. Racist much?

Perhaps you should do some research before you "spew ignorance". B'bye now!

bullypulpit
08-30-2008, 04:35 AM

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/gruesome_scanners_431x300.jpg

Hardly old son. Amusement would be the operant word here. Palin is a blatant sop to the red-meat religious RWN base of the GOP and an indication as to how desperate the McCain campaign is to secure that base. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

red states rule
08-30-2008, 06:07 AM
Hardly old son. Amusement would be the operant word here. Palin is a blatant sop to the red-meat religious RWN base of the GOP and an indication as to how desperate the McCain campaign is to secure that base. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Yea, to libs like you BP. you have so much respect for politicans that condone the murder of the unborn. In your book that postion is a resume enhancement, and worthy of praise

In the case of Gov Palin, she could have murdered the child out of convience, but she gave the child his life

Why does that bother you and so many other liberal moonbats? I have seen more then one moonbat who expressed displeasure she kept the child.

Sitarro
08-30-2008, 06:14 AM

Really, I heard Osama is having a homosexual affair with Joe Biden's son and that is why he is so against the Iraq skirmish. There was talk that he was worried about getting pregnant so one of his 300 advisors had to let him know that men don't get pregnant, much to Osama's relief, he is still concerned with the "leaking" problem he is having, especially when he is getting scolded by Michelle. Michelle has been doing Hillary for some time now but Hillary decided she wanted to get back with Ellen and Portia and that is why Michelle is pissed off all of the time now, Ellen doesn't like blacks so she wouldn't let Michelle come along. Maybe Nancy Pelosi will help her out.

Isn't it amazing the stuff you can hear hanging around with libs?

Sitarro
08-30-2008, 06:29 AM
T
Where I come from, calling a black man "boy" will earn you a severe beating, at the very least. Racist much?

I guess you had a bedpan on your head the other night when the Soros funded extravaganza was going on at Mile High. If you would have seen the Stevie Speilberg film on Osama you would have seen that his mother was white and the people that raised his ungrateful ass are also white........ I guess you could call that boy, boy all day long and his white side wouldn't get offended at all.

midcan5
08-30-2008, 06:44 AM
Really, I heard Osama is ....

In a few words you show your bias and prejudice and demonstrate why you helped elect the worst presidency, the nation has ever had, in terms of American values. But you wouldn't know that anyway.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Addendum to above:

A vote for John McCain is a vote against Polar Bears too.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Sarah_Palin.htm

midcan5
08-30-2008, 06:48 AM

That's rather ironic after your constant criticisms of Obama, also historical, but I have come to only expect hypocrisy from the right wing.

A vote for McBush/Palin is a vote against Polar Bears.

Sitarro
08-30-2008, 07:14 AM
In a few words you show your bias and prejudice and demonstrate why you helped elect the worst presidency, the nation has ever had, in terms of American values. But you wouldn't know that anyway.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Addendum to above:

A vote for John McCain is a vote against Polar Bears too.

You are an idiot and your cute little site is a joke.

Gaffer
08-30-2008, 08:48 AM
That's rather ironic after your constant criticisms of Obama, also historical, but I have come to only expect hypocrisy from the right wing.

You need to go on an all expense paid polar bear hugging expedition.

red states rule
08-30-2008, 08:50 AM
You need to go on an all expense paid polar bear hugging expedition.

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/125041.jpg

08-30-2008, 11:17 AM

You know, I dont think Ironic means what you think it means.

NightTrain
08-30-2008, 12:53 PM
That's nice. Glad you like it.

Thanks! I do, I really do.

Don't see any sign of her 'wrestling' anyone.

Enlighten yourself :

Alaska Republican U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski, the former governor's daughter, said an alliance of two oil companies controlling more than 60 percent of Slope gas is "great news for Alaska." She said she hopes TransCanada and Exxon soon join the partnership.

And she complimented Palin.

"By her tough stance over the past two years, she has brought the companies around to building a gas line now," Murkowski said.

Conoco Alaska President Jim Bowles said his company and BP already have divided the chores for a pipeline that could extend 3,500 miles to the Midwest.

BP will take the lead role on an enormous, multibillion-dollar North Slope plant to remove impurities from the gas before it goes into the pipeline, Bowles said. Conoco will lead on laying the pipe from the Slope to Alberta, with BP handling a pipe into the United States.

http://www.adn.com/front/story/370058.html

ConocoPhillips, the North Slope's largest oil producer, wanted to negotiate a long-term financial package covering taxes and royalties on natural gas production; this approach failed under the previous state administration and prompted Palin to chart a new course under the state law.

In January, she turned down the ConocoPhillips proposal, saying such a deal could deprive the state of its regulatory powers.

The company decided to move forward on its own, saying it did not want to lose a potential summer season of field work.

BP and ConocoPhillips say they have assigned staff on the project, which they say will be the largest private construction project ever in North America.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story/2008/04/08/north-slope.html

The proposal is broadly similar to a 2007 ConocoPhillips initiative that was rejected by Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin in January over Conoco's insistence that the state and the North Slope producers begin talks over a tax deal beforehand.
However, the Denali plan drops the demand for immediate talks over taxes, although the companies' overall position is little changed as they continue to insist a tax deal must be in place before the pipeline begins signing up customers in 2010.
Palin, whose administration is evaluating another gas pipeline proposal made by TransCanada Corp , welcomed the announcement.
"Whichever project gets us there first in Alaska's best interests is what we'll be supporting. I think it's further proof that competition does work," she told reporters.
The TransCanada proposal came under an earlier process put forward by Gov. Palin and enacted by the state legislature to spur outside interest in building the pipeline.
Conoco, BP and Exxon Mobil Corp , which together control the estimated 30 trillion cubic feet of proved natural gas reserves on the North Slope, refused to participate in the state-backed process, citing concerns over taxes and government control over operations.

That's just a couple of tidbits for you, there's a million more if you use that nifty Google site. Palin doesn't get intimidated and forced the big oil companies to get off their asses and get our energy to market.

<blockquote> Campaign contributions from oil industry executives to Sen. John McCain rose dramatically in the last half of June, after the senator from Arizona made a high-profile split with environmentalists and reversed his opposition to the federal ban on offshore drilling. - <a href=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/26/AR2008072601891.html>Washington Post</a> </blockquote>

Think it's possible that drilling for oil is the right thing to do? Or do you like $5 per gallon unleaded?

Not that I really care what an asshat like yourself thinks of me, it was a figure of speech.

bullypulpit
08-31-2008, 06:56 AM
Thanks! I do, I really do.

Enlighten yourself :

Alaska Republican U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski, the former governor's daughter, said an alliance of two oil companies controlling more than 60 percent of Slope gas is "great news for Alaska." She said she hopes TransCanada and Exxon soon join the partnership.

And she complimented Palin.

"By her tough stance over the past two years, she has brought the companies around to building a gas line now," Murkowski said.

Conoco Alaska President Jim Bowles said his company and BP already have divided the chores for a pipeline that could extend 3,500 miles to the Midwest.

BP will take the lead role on an enormous, multibillion-dollar North Slope plant to remove impurities from the gas before it goes into the pipeline, Bowles said. Conoco will lead on laying the pipe from the Slope to Alberta, with BP handling a pipe into the United States.

http://www.adn.com/front/story/370058.html

ConocoPhillips, the North Slope's largest oil producer, wanted to negotiate a long-term financial package covering taxes and royalties on natural gas production; this approach failed under the previous state administration and prompted Palin to chart a new course under the state law.

In January, she turned down the ConocoPhillips proposal, saying such a deal could deprive the state of its regulatory powers.

The company decided to move forward on its own, saying it did not want to lose a potential summer season of field work.

BP and ConocoPhillips say they have assigned staff on the project, which they say will be the largest private construction project ever in North America.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story/2008/04/08/north-slope.html

The proposal is broadly similar to a 2007 ConocoPhillips initiative that was rejected by Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin in January over Conoco's insistence that the state and the North Slope producers begin talks over a tax deal beforehand.
However, the Denali plan drops the demand for immediate talks over taxes, although the companies' overall position is little changed as they continue to insist a tax deal must be in place before the pipeline begins signing up customers in 2010.
Palin, whose administration is evaluating another gas pipeline proposal made by TransCanada Corp , welcomed the announcement.
"Whichever project gets us there first in Alaska's best interests is what we'll be supporting. I think it's further proof that competition does work," she told reporters.
The TransCanada proposal came under an earlier process put forward by Gov. Palin and enacted by the state legislature to spur outside interest in building the pipeline.
Conoco, BP and Exxon Mobil Corp , which together control the estimated 30 trillion cubic feet of proved natural gas reserves on the North Slope, refused to participate in the state-backed process, citing concerns over taxes and government control over operations.

That's just a couple of tidbits for you, there's a million more if you use that nifty Google site. Palin doesn't get intimidated and forced the big oil companies to get off their asses and get our energy to market.

Think it's possible that drilling for oil is the right thing to do? Or do you like $5 per gallon unleaded?

Not that I really care what an asshat like yourself thinks of me, it was a figure of speech.

The fact is that Governor Palin as McCain's running mate represents nothing more than a continuation of the Bush administration policies that gave us $4.00 a gallon gas to begin with. Her support for increased domestic drilling is a pipe dream as it would have no short term impact on gas prices and a minimal influence on gas and oil prices in the long term with first production unlikely to begin much before 2018. The impact on oil prices would be, as stated in the <a href=http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/service_rpts.htm>Energy Information Agency's report</a>...

<blockquote>ANWR oil production is not projected to have a large impact on world oil prices. Relative to the AEO2008 reference case, ANWR oil production is projected to have its largest oil price reduction impacts as follows: a reduction in low-sulfur, light (LSL) crude oil prices of $0.41 per barrel (2006 dollars) in 2026 in the low oil resource case, $0.75 per barrel in 2025 in the mean oil resource case, and $1.44 per barrel in 2027 in the high oil resource case. Assuming that world oil markets continue to work as they do today, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) could neutralize any potential price impact of ANWR oil production by reducing its oil exports by an equal amount.</blockquote>

As you can see, any impact on gas prices would be years out, and minimal. Adding in the resources provided by off shore drilling would, likewise have a minimal impact according to the <a href=http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/aeo/otheranalysis/ongr.html>EIA</a>.

And while Palin may not be 'intimidated' by Big Oil, she doesn't hesitate to tax them and use the proceeds to buy votes to the tune of $1200 a year for every Alaskan citizen. Which, incidentally, deprives business of the capital needed to expand by handing it out gratis to each and every citizen of Alaska.

As for the Alaska Gasline Inducement Act, it has significant problems which <a href=http://alaskalegislature.com/stories/060607/leg_20070606018.shtml>Democrats AND Republicans in the Alaska legislature objected to.</a>

Can't see the forest for the trees, can ya. But then most of the GOP's slavish supporters aren't big picture folks. They find it easier to let someone else do their thinking for them.

red states rule
08-31-2008, 07:00 AM
The fact is that Governor Palin as McCain's running mate represents nothing more than a continuation of the Bush administration policies that gave us $4.00 a gallon gas to begin with. Her support for increased domestic drilling is a pipe dream as it would have no short term impact on gas prices and a minimal influence on gas and oil prices in the long term with first production unlikely to begin much before 2018. The impact on oil prices would be, as stated in the <a href=http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/service_rpts.htm>Energy Information Agency's report</a>...

<blockquote>ANWR oil production is not projected to have a large impact on world oil prices. Relative to the AEO2008 reference case, ANWR oil production is projected to have its largest oil price reduction impacts as follows: a reduction in low-sulfur, light (LSL) crude oil18 prices of $0.41 per barrel (2006 dollars) in 2026 in the low oil resource case, $0.75 per barrel in 2025 in the mean oil resource case, and $1.44 per barrel in 2027 in the high oil resource case. Assuming that world oil markets continue to work as they do today, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) could neutralize any potential price impact of ANWR oil production by reducing its oil exports by an equal amount.</blockquote>

And while Palin may not be 'intimidated' by Big Oil, she doesn't hesitate to tax them and use the proceeds to buy votes to the tune of $1200 a year for every Alaskan citizen.

BP< Dems are the reason we have high oil prices. Dems are the ones who are against drilling (as we speak many are flip floping on their position) they are aganst coal, they are against nuclear, and they want to raise taxes on the oil companies.

The US has over 100 BILLION bbls of oil sitting in the ground, but you guys are more worried about appeasing the enviro wackos then doing what is best for the country

Of course I suspect libs like you want $5 gal gas thinking it will help you in the election. The last thing you really want is to have cheaper gas

bullypulpit
08-31-2008, 09:05 AM
BP< Dems are the reason we have high oil prices. Dems are the ones who are against drilling (as we speak many are flip floping on their position) they are aganst coal, they are against nuclear, and they want to raise taxes on the oil companies.

The US has over 100 BILLION bbls of oil sitting in the ground, but you guys are more worried about appeasing the enviro wackos then doing what is best for the country

Of course I suspect libs like you want $5 gal gas thinking it will help you in the election. The last thing you really want is to have cheaper gas

Actually independence, not just from foreign oil, but from all fossil fuels should be the goal. If the oil industry in the US is actually a viable industry, why does it need the tax breaks provided by the Bush administration to run at a profit? Why, instead aren't those tax breaks rescinded and applied to alternative and renewable energy resources to foster our independence from oils and other fossil fuels?

Still not seeing the big picture, are ya. But you never do.

red states rule
08-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Actually independence, not just from foreign oil, but from all fossil fuels should be the goal. If the oil industry in the US is actually a viable industry, why does it need the tax breaks provided by the Bush administration to run at a profit? Why, instead aren't those tax breaks rescinded and applied to alternative and renewable energy resources to foster our independence from oils and other fossil fuels?

BP, even if you libs got your wish and everyone parked their cars, their trucks, planes, and busses; the US would still need over 5 million bbls per day for products we use everyday

Your messiah promises to end our independence of fossil fuels but will not tell us how he will dot it

Bottomn line is, libs want high gas prices, higher taxes on oil companies, all for political reasons

What reaaly pisses off libs is just serious talk about drilling has knocked gas prices down. Now you can only hope for a Cat 5 storm to hit the gulf and drive the price of gas up again

BTW after 30 years of talking Gov Palin got the final OK for a natural gas pipeline (and San Fran Nan did not know natural gas is a fossil fuel) She knows how to get things done - maybe that is another reason libs are pissed over her being the next VP

stephanie
08-31-2008, 09:15 AM

well..I hope you are doing your part already..

sold your car and heating your house with cow chips..

you my dear are a walking, talking, Democrat talking point..

You all are so disingenius, you know they are and have been working on finding alternative fuels..you all use this as a scare tactic..now who is the party of fear mongering..:slap:

red states rule
08-31-2008, 09:17 AM
well..I hope you are doing your part already..

sold your car and heating your house with cow chips..

you my dear are a walking, talking, Democrat talking point..

You all are so disingenius, you know they are and have been working on finding alternative fuels..you all use this as a scare tactic..now who is the party of fear mongering..:slap:

BP is like most libs I know. Drives a big car or truck; turns on the A/C when the temp reaches over 80; turns up the heat to over 80 in the winter; yet lectures everyone else how they should live their lives

He is another Al Gore type - do not do as I do, do as I say; and NEVER ask me questions about what I do

krisy
08-31-2008, 10:12 AM

This only makes her even better in my eyes.

Being a lowly "soccer mom" myself,I have a lot of repect for what she has done and is doing. You see,what Liberals look at as a bad thing,or unimportant,many,many people look at as being the most meaningful,tough job in the world. Being a good mom trying to raise her kids RIGHT.

Her soccer mom status will only help her. Get in touch with the average American.

Missileman
08-31-2008, 10:17 AM

And what exactly are Obama's qualifications to head up an executive level of government? Seems Palin might be the most qualified of the four candidates as she's actually done it on two levels. Sooooo, besides their mouths, what have McCain, Obama, or Biden run that makes them more qualified to run a government?

Little-Acorn
08-31-2008, 10:32 AM

What a silly comparison.

The problem with Harriet Miers wasn't that "nobody knew who she was", true also of Palin.

The problem with Miers, was that even after we looked into her record, we STILL didn't know who she was - because she had no record. She'd never been in any elected office where she had to take a stand on anything, never handed down any judgements from the bench where we could see how she thought, never done anything in government besides giving private advice to individuals under lawyer-client privilege. No one could tell how she might rule: according to the Constitution as Roberts, Scalia et. al do, or against and around it as Stevens, Ginsburg, Souter etc. do. Conservatives pointed this out, and demanded (and got) justices with established records of obeying and upholding the law (even laws they didn't personally approve of, see Roberts' "French Fry" case).

Palin has held many elected offices large and small, and has done many public things, from fighting (and beating) corruption to opposing (and shunning) abortion to correctly treating govt-run retirement programs. Though few people have looked into her record, it's there, bright and clear, for anyone who wants to see it. And now many do want to see it, and are coming away very satisfied.

The leftists are surely getting desperate, when all they can come up with is an apples-and-oranges comparison like that. Do they even have the attention span of a ten-year-old, to think people won't remember the truth?

midcan5
08-31-2008, 11:00 AM
This only makes her even better in my eyes.

Being a lowly "soccer mom" myself,I have a lot of repect for what she has done and is doing. You see,what Liberals look at as a bad thing,or unimportant,many,many people look at as being the most meaningful,tough job in the world. Being a good mom trying to raise her kids RIGHT.

Her soccer mom status will only help her. Get in touch with the average American.

How silly that sounds when McCain ditched his wife for a young woman with money. I'm not picking on Sarah for her good deeds, but VP? how about you for VP, wannna give it a shot? LOL Sorry, but I am babysitting a 7 week old right and he is starting to chatter, gotta run.

stephanie
08-31-2008, 11:04 AM
How silly that sounds when McCain ditched his wife for a young woman with money. I'm not picking on Sarah for her good deeds, but VP? how about you for VP, wana give it a shot? LOL Sorry, but I am babysitting a 7 week old right and he is starting to chatter, gotta run.

and what experience does the boy wonder have to be our President??

and what experience does Joey Biden have to be our Vice President??

when you think of some, please let us all know..

thanks

krisy
08-31-2008, 11:25 AM
How silly that sounds when McCain ditched his wife for a young woman with money. I'm not picking on Sarah for her good deeds, but VP? how about you for VP, wannna give it a shot? LOL Sorry, but I am babysitting a 7 week old right and he is starting to chatter, gotta run.

I'm not saying that her being a soccer mom alone qualifies her. Her being one tho,makes her very appealing to the millions out there. Of all the candidates,I believe people,especially women,will look at her as being the most in touch with what an average American parent/family goes through on a daily basis. A working mom(a governor at that) who believes in the ideals of sooo many Americans. The right to bear arms,the right to life,anti corruption.

Really,look at the talk she has generated on this board alone. Like it or not,she is being taken in very well by most conservatives.

To answer your question,no I have no desire to run for V.P.-lol!! :poke: My hands are full enough with a 13 year old son and a 7 year old daughter who in the last year has been diagnosed with moderate severe hearing loss. Between work,hearing tests,speech appointments,I am worn out!!! That is part of why I look at this woman so highly.

PostmodernProphet
08-31-2008, 12:16 PM

the sad thing is that the 7 week old is making more sense than his grampa.....

midcan5
08-31-2008, 01:10 PM
the sad thing is that the 7 week old is making more sense than his grampa.....

Back - LOL - listen, just did two diapers, one with that yellowy stuff and a four oz bottle, mixed, so what do you all think am I ready for VP?

http://www.ontheissues.org/Barack_Obama.htm

http://www.ontheissues.org/Joe_Biden.htm

The last has actually grown.

I'm sorry people but if this was the democratic candidate you guys would having a field day. I just think given McCain picked someone to seal up the far right, he had the others already.

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

stephanie
08-31-2008, 01:17 PM
Back - LOL - listen, just did two diapers, one with that yellowy stuff and a four oz bottle, mixed, so what do you all think am I ready for VP?

http://www.ontheissues.org/Barack_Obama.htm

http://www.ontheissues.org/Joe_Biden.htm

The last has actually grown.

I'm sorry people but if this was the democratic candidate you guys would having a field day. I just think given McCain picked someone to seal up the far right, he had the others already.

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

so what if he did??
the far right as you like to call them, are part of the Republican party..

why did the Obambam pick Biden, instead of Hillary??

the only ones having a field day, is you all trying to hide your disdain of women running for office

emmett
08-31-2008, 01:42 PM

<blockquote>ANWR oil production is not projected to have a large impact on world oil prices. Relative to the AEO2008 reference case, ANWR oil production is projected to have its largest oil price reduction impacts as follows: a reduction in low-sulfur, light (LSL) crude oil prices of $0.41 per barrel (2006 dollars) in 2026 in the low oil resource case, $0.75 per barrel in 2025 in the mean oil resource case, and $1.44 per barrel in 2027 in the high oil resource case. Assuming that world oil markets continue to work as they do today, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) could neutralize any potential price impact of ANWR oil production by reducing its oil exports by an equal amount.</blockquote>

As you can see, any impact on gas prices would be years out, and minimal. Adding in the resources provided by off shore drilling would, likewise have a minimal impact according to the <a href=http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/aeo/otheranalysis/ongr.html>EIA</a>.

And while Palin may not be 'intimidated' by Big Oil, she doesn't hesitate to tax them and use the proceeds to buy votes to the tune of $1200 a year for every Alaskan citizen. Which, incidentally, deprives business of the capital needed to expand by handing it out gratis to each and every citizen of Alaska.

As for the Alaska Gasline Inducement Act, it has significant problems which <a href=http://alaskalegislature.com/stories/060607/leg_20070606018.shtml>Democrats AND Republicans in the Alaska legislature objected to.</a>

Can't see the forest for the trees, can ya. But then most of the GOP's slavish supporters aren't big picture folks. They find it easier to let someone else do their thinking for them.

Let's see.........returning money to citizens when there is a surplus is now called..........BUYING VOTES!

This is the biggest piece of poppycock I've ever seen.

The irony in this is that usually the first person to jump on the bandwagon against big corporations profits are lefties. Now as they get one issue confused with another they have allowed their opinions to intermingle in a way that strips whatever small amount of credibility from their original argument that big companies should .............oh forget it!

midcan5
08-31-2008, 06:14 PM
so what if he did??
the far right as you like to call them, are part of the Republican party..

The 'so what' is this person is supposed to be of the caliber to become president or in emergencies act for the president. I'm sure to her husband and children and friends she is good people, but given her wacky views she does not represent American values. Creationism, give me a brake. It is as if McCain is dumbing down the nation with his pick, and I think it is an insult to all politicians who have worked hard to gain some real world experience.

stephanie
08-31-2008, 07:11 PM
The 'so what' is this person is supposed to be of the caliber to become president or in emergencies act for the president. I'm sure to her husband and children and friends she is good people, but given her wacky views she does not represent American values. Creationism, give me a brake. It is as if McCain is dumbing down the nation with his pick, and I think it is an insult to all politicians who have worked hard to gain some real world experience.

well..we all from the backwoods and hills all caint be as enlighted as you liburals..

wez don makes no apolizzzes to ya though..

youss don lik the Palin pik...tooos baad...

Iz sur weez don cair..:cheers2:

retiredman
08-31-2008, 07:51 PM
well..we all from the backwoods and hills all caint be as enlighted as you liburals..

wez don makes no apolizzzes to ya though..

youss don lik the Palin pik...tooos baad...

Iz sur weez don cair..:cheers2:

au contraire, I LOVE the Palin pick!

Yurt
08-31-2008, 08:07 PM

what an arrogant, elitist thing to say :poke: as if your ilk does....

stephanie
08-31-2008, 08:12 PM
au contraire, I LOVE the Palin pick!

and we love her too..good of you to see a winner when there is one.

too bad that won't be the case for your alls boy wonder..

but you all have never been any good at picking someone who can actually WIN the Presidency..

retiredman
08-31-2008, 09:18 PM
and we love her too..good of you to see a winner when there is one.

too bad that won't be the case for your alls boy wonder..

but you all have never been any good at picking someone who can actually WIN the Presidency..

she is a winner, in my humble opinion, for the democrats.

and who did YOU pick in '92 and '96, btw?

stephanie
08-31-2008, 09:29 PM
she is a winner, in my humble opinion, for the democrats.

and who did YOU pick in '92 and '96, bmw?

yeah...you picked a real winner there, didn't you..
His claim to fame...

boinking a teenage girl the same age as his daughter in the Oval office..

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/clintonportrait.gif

retiredman
08-31-2008, 09:38 PM
yeah...you picked a real winner there, didn't you..
His claim to fame...

boinking a teenage girl the same age as his daughter in the Oval office..

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/clintonportrait.gif

liar. she wasn't a teenager.

pathetic.

And...he won in '92 and '96, didn't he?

who did YOU pick in those elections? pappa bush and bobby dole?:lol:

NightTrain
09-01-2008, 12:54 PM

Every bit counts. We should have been drilling 10 years ago, and the weak excuse that "we won't even see that oil for 10 years" simply means the failed policies of locking up our energy reserves by catering to enviro-whackos is getting us no where.

She doesn't need to buy votes, she is wildly popular here - a fact that I know drives you liberals apeshit. Out in remote villages, a gallon of unleaded is well over $8 per gallon and many Natives are finding it hard to afford such prices, and that money was given to the residents of this State to offset our sky-high energy prices.

There's always objections to any bill, especially a bill such as this that giant corporations were against and paid many millions of dollars fighting. Some of the opponents and naysayers turned out to be corrupt and are now enjoying a vacation at Club Fed.

I'm pretty confident that prior to last week you had neither heard of AGIA or Palin. Scanning your favorite liberal sites for links and arguments doesn't make you an overnight expert, but I'm happy to see you making the attempt to get up to speed. Do yourself a favor and don't take Soros and crew's bullshit too seriously.

I've been following AGIA closely since it's inception, as with virtually every Alaskan. Palin got us a pipeline which will supply 6% to 8% of America's Natural Gas needs.

Pretty cool, eh? You can take that back to your Liberal buddies and cheer on Palin, since that NG burns mighty clean. I'll get extra money on my Dividend from the State, and you'll sleep better at night knowing that some of that clean Natural Gas you use came from the good ol' USA!

red states rule
09-02-2008, 06:27 AM
liar. she wasn't a teenager.

pathetic.

And...he won in '92 and '96, didn't he?

who did YOU pick in those elections? pappa bush and bobby dole?:lol:

And I am positive you went with McGovern in '72; Peanut Carter in '80; Mondull in '84; Michael Dukakis in '88; Gore in 2000; and Kery in 2004

What is your point?