PDA

View Full Version : New article, Really, Hallibuton just doesn't get it!!!

Psychoblues
03-13-2007, 01:00 AM
These freaks of American culture feel justified in their abuses of the American trust, honesty, obligations, community and fairness that WE Americans so Cherish and Prize as our National Heritages and Meaning!!!!!!!

The CEO of Halliburton has decided to leave this country to move his offices to Dubai because he says it is 'a great business center.' That is a bizarre announcement," said Sen. Byron L. Dorgan (D-N.D.), who is a member of the Senate Commerce Committee.

Dorgan, who said he would seek hearings on the move, added: "I want to know, is Halliburton trying to run away from bad publicity on their contracts? Are they trying to run away from the obligation to pay U.S. taxes? Or are they trying to set up a corporate presence in Dubai so that they can avoid the restrictions that currently exist on doing business with prohibited countries like Iran?"

People familiar with investigations carried out by the Pentagon and special Iraq inspectors general said there were many aspects of Halliburton's contracts in Iraq that have not yet come under full scrutiny. With Democrats in control of Congress, further hearings on those contracts are likely. Last year, Halliburton received $6.1 billion of Defense Department contracts, the sixth-largest total of any company. In 2005, it received $5.8 billion.

More: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/12/AR2007031201299.html

Really!!!!! They don't get it, they don't get it at ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hobbit
03-13-2007, 02:01 AM
These freaks of American culture feel justified in their abuses of the American trust, honesty, obligations, community and fairness that WE Americans so Cherish and Prize as our National Heritages and Meaning!!!!!!!

The CEO of Halliburton has decided to leave this country to move his offices to Dubai because he says it is 'a great business center.' That is a bizarre announcement," said Sen. Byron L. Dorgan (D-N.D.), who is a member of the Senate Commerce Committee.

Dorgan, who said he would seek hearings on the move, added: "I want to know, is Halliburton trying to run away from bad publicity on their contracts? Are they trying to run away from the obligation to pay U.S. taxes? Or are they trying to set up a corporate presence in Dubai so that they can avoid the restrictions that currently exist on doing business with prohibited countries like Iran?"

People familiar with investigations carried out by the Pentagon and special Iraq inspectors general said there were many aspects of Halliburton's contracts in Iraq that have not yet come under full scrutiny. With Democrats in control of Congress, further hearings on those contracts are likely. Last year, Halliburton received $6.1 billion of Defense Department contracts, the sixth-largest total of any company. In 2005, it received $5.8 billion.

More: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/12/AR2007031201299.html

Really!!!!! They don't get it, they don't get it at ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've been over this before, and you're still full of crap.

Psychoblues
03-13-2007, 02:26 AM
Is that peanut butter on your lip or are you still eating shit, hibbit?

We've been over this before, and you're still full of crap.

Remind me of what you and I have been through before, hibbit. This is an entirely different perspective from anything I have ever posted before. Maybe you have a connection that I am not recognizing?