PDA

View Full Version : McCain's Lack of Judgment

Joe Steel
08-30-2008, 05:49 AM
"Senator McCain likes to talk about judgment, but really, what does it say about your judgment when you think George Bush was right more than 90 percent of the time? I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to take a 10 percent chance on change."

-- Barack Obama, Nomination acceptance speech

John McCain, who was a POW, gave America another example of his lack of judgment in choosing Sarah Palin as his running mate. Palin is the Governor of Alaska, a state with a population of barely over 600,000, swimming in oil money. Whatever skills she brings to the Office of Governor as an ex-sportscaster, ex-beauty queen and hockey mom seem woefully inadequate to the problems facing the American people. We're beset with declining real incomes, increasing prices and a bleak economic future as a result of the policies George Bush implemented and John McCain wants to continue. Putting a lightweight like Palin on his ticket gives no one any reason to trust McCain's judgment.

Sitarro
08-30-2008, 05:53 AM
John McCain, who was a POW, gave America another example of his lack of judgment in choosing Sarah Palin as his running mate. Palin is the Governor of Alaska, a state with a population of barely over 600,000, swimming in oil money. Whatever skills she brings to the Office of Governor as an ex-sportscaster, ex-beauty queen and hockey mom seem woefully inadequate to the problems facing the American people. We're beset with declining real incomes, increasing prices and a bleak economic future as a result of the policies George Bush implemented and John McCain wants to continue. Putting a lightweight like Palin on his ticket gives no one any reason to trust McCain's judgment.

Yea, I guess she should hire 300 foreign policy advisors like your boy Osama...... Gee, with his vast experience, why does he need 300 advisors, you have an answer to that little Joey shit?

Joe Steel
08-30-2008, 06:07 AM
Yea, I guess she should hire 300 foreign policy advisors like your boy Osama...... Gee, with his vast experience, why does he need 300 advisors, you have an answer to that little Joey shit?

Your comment is an indicator of your ignorance.

Yes, dumbass, every official should have advisers.

The difference between Obama and McCain, who was a POW, is the effect they'll have. Obama will get good faith advice from competent professionals. McCain, who was a POW, would get ideological delusions from extremists wingnuts.

PostmodernProphet
08-30-2008, 07:49 AM
well let me see.....the candidate that many in the Republican party thought was far too liberal has in a single act in a single day....

1) caused all the radio and television pundits who had been criticising him to sing his praises....
2) picked a running mate that has the "right" stand on every issue his necessary base is looking for.....
3) has some of the staunchest libertarians on this board talking about voting Republican.....
4) selects a candidate that may well attract moderate and independant women to vote Republican instead of Democrat....
and
5) scared the everlovin' bejeezus out of every Democrat in the country.....

and you say he lacks judgment?.......go figure....

diuretic
08-30-2008, 07:54 AM
Does smart politics make for good policy? I mean, what if McCain expires in office? This woman, not being demeaning to her, is the president. She may be advised by great people but the way your system is set up the final decision for so many things lies with her. Is he up to it? I know we don't know, but at least Obama has picked a seasoned Washington politician to be his alternative in case of disaster. It seems McCain has selected his alternative on a short term political advantage tactic. But then, I'm not surprised.

stephanie
08-30-2008, 08:03 AM
Sarah Palin has more experience than the boy wonder..First she ran a city, then a state..
What has the boy wonder ran? a couple of city blocks..

Sarah Palin is one smart woman and will make a great President if need be..

I guess if she were a black woman, we wouldn't be hearing about all this supposed lack of experience..:poke:

red states rule
08-30-2008, 08:04 AM
Does smart politics make for good policy? I mean, what if McCain expires in office? This woman, not being demeaning to her, is the president. She may be advised by great people but the way your system is set up the final decision for so many things lies with her. Is he up to it? I know we don't know, but at least Obama has picked a seasoned Washington politician to be his alternative in case of disaster. It seems McCain has selected his alternative on a short term political advantage tactic. But then, I'm not surprised.

It is comical libs are tali ng about judgement and experience

Gov Palin has more experience then Obama, and as far as judgment - Obama was worng on the surge, was a member of a racist church and listened to his racist pastor for 20 years, calls John Ayers; the domestic terrorist; a friend, and had the convicted Tony Rezko as a pal

Do you libs really want this discussion?

PostmodernProphet
08-30-2008, 08:04 AM

you have a point....if the president dies we would have an inexperienced person in office.....of course, with the Democratic option we have the inexperienced person UNLESS the president dies.....

Joe Steel
08-30-2008, 08:14 AM
Miss Wasilla has no experience which would prepare her for the presidency. Executive positions in a tiny town and lightly populated rural state aren't going to do it -- unless you think just showing-up and staying awake is experience.

red states rule
08-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Miss Wasilla has no experience which would prepare her for the presidency. Executive positions in tiny town and lightly populated rural state aren't going to do it. Unless you think just showing-up and staying awake is experience.

Gov Palin has a track record of accomplishments to run on

Palin began her political career in 1992, running for Wasilla City Council as a supporter of the controversial new sales tax and with an advertisement advocating "a safer, more progressive Wasilla".[9] She won and served two terms on the council from 1992 to 1996. In 1996, she challenged and defeated incumbent mayor John Stein, criticizing wasteful spending and high taxes.[3] In January 1997, Palin fired the Wasilla police chief and library director. In response, a group of 60 residents calling themselves Concerned Citizens for Wasilla discussed attempting a recall campaign against Palin, but then decided against it.[10] The fired police chief later sued Palin on the grounds that he was fired because he supported the campaign of Palin's opponent, but his suit was eventually dismissed when the judge ruled that Palin had the right under state law to fire city employees, even for political reasons.[11] Palin followed through on her campaign promises to reduce her own salary, and to reduce property taxes by 40%.[3] At this time, state Republican leaders began grooming her for higher office.[12] She ran for re-election against Stein in 1999, winning by an even larger margin.[3][13] Palin was also elected president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors.[14]

While Mayor of Wasilla, Palin wore a "Buchanan for President" button during conservative Pat Buchanan's 1996 visit to Wasilla; Palin has stated that she "welcome[s] all the candidates in Wasilla" and disagreed with the perception that she was endorsing Buchanan.[15] Buchanan described Palin as a "supporter" in an interview after she was selected as the Vice Presidential nominee by McCain.[15][16]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

As far as Obama's track record: wrong on the surge; wants to deny medical care to babies who survive abortions; Wright, Ayers, and Rezko all helped get him started in Chicago politics; 2 terms in the IL State Senate, spent most of his time as US Senator running for President, and has flip floped on about 7 key issues

Need more Joey?

stephanie
08-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Miss Wasilla has no experience which would prepare her for the presidency. Executive positions in a tiny town and lightly populated rural state aren't going to do it -- unless you think just showing-up and staying awake is experience.

why not showing up and staying awake count?
that's about all the boy wonder has..

get ready to say..Vice President Sarah Palin..:dance:

Dilloduck
08-30-2008, 08:26 AM

What particular VP tasks do you think she cannot perform ?

red states rule
08-30-2008, 08:29 AM

Stephanie, for the first time I can see McCain winning this race. Nothing to jump for joy over, but the reaction of the Dems will be priceless

stephanie
08-30-2008, 08:41 AM
Stephanie, for the first time I can see McCain winning this race. Nothing to jump for joy over, but the reaction of the Dems will be priceless

I hear you..I haven't been excited about McCain either, and kept waffling back and forth about voting for him..

But his pick of Palin has given me some hope, maybe...

well see.

red states rule
08-30-2008, 08:43 AM
I hear you..I haven't been excited about McCain either, and kept waffling back and forth about voting for him..

But his pick of Palin has given me some hope, maybe...

well see.

Up until yesterday I was not going to vote for anyone as far as President. However, the more I read about Gov palin (and based on what she says in the debates and on the trail) I could be voting for her and not for McCain

midcan5
08-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Based on this decision alone, McCain should pull himself from the race, he should look in the mirror and say, 'did you really select a soccer mommy with no real experience to be VP?' And since we know he did, four more years of stupid decisions is more than the republic can take.

Palin on the issues:
Wants creationism taught in schools
Supported bridge to nowhere
Outlaw abortion even in rape cases
Ignores the science of global warming

red states rule
08-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Based on this decision alone, McCain should pull himself from the race, he should look in the mirror and say, 'did you really select a soccer mommy with no real experience to be VP?' And since we know he did, four more years of stupid decisions is more than the republic can take.

Palin on the issues:

She is a hockey mom, and she was OPPOSED to the bridge to nowhere

I have no problem at all with the other 3 things you said were bad things. Nothing wrong with God, protecting a human life, and ignoring the myth of global warming

She is the left's worst nightmare. The first VP in American history will be a Republican :clap:

Joe Steel
08-30-2008, 08:59 AM
What particular VP tasks do you think she cannot perform ?

Presidency.

I said presidency.

stephanie
08-30-2008, 09:00 AM

Palin on the issues:

you woman hater..keep reaching..:laugh2:

Joe Steel
08-30-2008, 09:01 AM

I'm too busy saying WMD: willful mass delusion.

red states rule
08-30-2008, 09:02 AM

He only hates conservative women who makes him feel so inadequate

stephanie
08-30-2008, 09:04 AM
He only hates conservative women who makes him feel so inadequate

I can see that..us conservative women are big enough to take it..hell, I think we have bigger balls than a lot of liberal men do...:laugh2:

Immanuel
08-30-2008, 09:06 AM

And that is exactly why Obama should not be elected President. He speaks of change but offers us nothing but the same old shit!

Immie

Joe Steel
08-30-2008, 09:06 AM
She is a hockey mom, and she was OPPOSED to the bridge to nowhere

Try again, Rosey.

She SUPPORTED the bridge to nowhere before she OPPOSED the bridge to nowhere.

...Here's what she told the Anchorage Daily News on October 22, 2006, during the race for the governor's seat (via Nexis):

5. Would you continue state funding for the proposed Knik Arm and Gravina Island bridges?

Yes. I would like to see Alaska's infrastructure projects built sooner rather than later. The window is now--while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist.

Sarah Palin Was for the Bridge to Nowhere Before She was Against It (http://faithfulprogressive.blogspot.com/2008/08/sarah-palin-was-for-bridge-to-nowhere.html)

Dilloduck
08-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Try again, Rosey.

She SUPPORTED the bridge to nowhere before she OPPOSED the bridge to nowhere.

and you point is?

Joe Steel
08-30-2008, 09:16 AM
and you point is?

Miss Wasilla is a Conservcrit and Rosey isn't very good at facts.

stephanie
08-30-2008, 09:16 AM
and you point is?

he has none, like usual..:coffee:

red states rule
08-30-2008, 09:18 AM
I can see that..us conservative women are big enough to take it..hell, I think we have bigger balls than a lot of liberal men do...:laugh2:

Liberal men are like neutered cats Stephanie

stephanie
08-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Liberal men are like neutered cats Stephanie

their whining sounds just like them too..:laugh2:

Dilloduck
08-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Miss Wasilla is a Conservcrit and Rosey isn't very good at facts.

Dude--your going crazy surfing around the net trying to find things that make this woman look bad and this is all you can come up with ??? You arent' very good at common sense.

red states rule
08-30-2008, 09:23 AM
their whining sounds just like them too..:laugh2:

The whining does remind me of the reaction my cat had when the vet took his temp :laugh2:

Joe Steel
08-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Dude--your going crazy surfing around the net trying to find things that make this woman look bad and this is all you can come up with ??? You arent' very good at common sense.

How about this: Willful Mass Delusion.

Conservacrits are desperately ignoring everything except their own spin to make Miss Wasilla a credible candidate.

red states rule
08-30-2008, 09:36 AM

Conservacrits are desperately ignoring everything except their own spin to make Miss Wasilla a credible candidate.

and libs thought this was a credible candidate for President and VP :laugh2:

http://www.americanpoliticalorphan.com/images/uploads/hillary_07.jpg

stephanie
08-30-2008, 09:36 AM

turn that around and insert your boy wonder...we've been watching it for months now...:laugh2:

midcan5
08-30-2008, 09:38 AM

Boy, you people are tiring. Hater is your favorite word as you help make the country a third world country. Creationism??? in school! get real.

red states rule
08-30-2008, 09:40 AM
Boy, you people are tiring. Hater is your favorite word as you help make the country a third world country. Creationism??? in school! get real.

Libs want to ban God from the classroom, while handing out condoms and teaching that gay sex as normal lifestyle

Go figure

stephanie
08-30-2008, 09:40 AM

:boohoo:

:laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
08-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Based on this decision alone, McCain should pull himself from the race,

because that's the only way the Dems could win......