PDA

View Full Version : Last 3 day weekend of the summer

Yurt
08-30-2008, 08:47 PM
amazing, it has been quite a summer for us. driving around slo today (looking for bikes, have made up our minds to get road bikes, but good lord, a decent starter road bike is $700) and the streets are empty. cal poly is not in session, but still, the previous years we saw much more traffic.

since i just moved in this place, we also looked for a bbq, but didn't find one i liked, so we got the best mexican food at Tus Amigos. seriously, if you come to the central coast, go to los osos and eat there. WOW. so i guess i am not bbqing this weekend...there goes that tradition.

all that driving around seemed like nothing in my new (lease) 4runner sport edition (XREAS suspension, must have with my wife) i know the gas is more, but the wife gets serious car sickness and when she is up in trucks, no problem (have a 91' 4R and she never gets sick) so we traded in the camry for a new 4R and the gas prices made the lease rate unbelievable, we have this thing for an actual 0% rate. i won't bore you with numbers, but 6K of MSRP and 2K below wholesale. the lease factor makes all the difference. the gas will of course eat into the budget more, but to not have her get carsick.....priceless.

what is everyone else doing?

manu1959
08-30-2008, 09:08 PM
waiting for the wife to get home so i can have sex.....

Mr. P
08-30-2008, 09:09 PM
amazing, it has been quite a summer for us. driving around slo today (looking for bikes, have made up our minds to get road bikes, but good lord, a decent starter road bike is $700) and the streets are empty. cal poly is not in session, but still, the previous years we saw much more traffic.

since i just moved in this place, we also looked for a bbq, but didn't find one i liked, so we got the best mexican food at Tus Amigos. seriously, if you come to the central coast, go to los osos and eat there. WOW. so i guess i am not bbqing this weekend...there goes that tradition.

all that driving around seemed like nothing in my new (lease) 4runner sport edition (XREAS suspension, must have with my wife) i know the gas is more, but the wife gets serious car sickness and when she is up in trucks, no problem (have a 91' 4R and she never gets sick) so we traded in the camry for a new 4R and the gas prices made the lease rate unbelievable, we have this thing for an actual 0% rate. i won't bore you with numbers, but 6K of MSRP and 2K below wholesale. the lease factor makes all the difference. the gas will of course eat into the budget more, but to not have her get carsick.....priceless.

what is everyone else doing?

Hey, go get a cheap charcoal grill and keep the traditoin alive!

Mr. P
08-30-2008, 09:11 PM
waiting for the wife to get home so i can have sex.....

Start without her...:poke:

Yurt
08-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Hey, go get a cheap charcoal grill and keep the traditoin alive!

don't want a charcoal grill. i don't like lugging the ashes to the trash and i like being able to start up a quick small grill for dinners. i am talking about the small gas grills, the portable ones. i could get a big bbq, gas or charcoal, but i don't have a yard, it is only the side of the apt that backs up to a house that actually gives me a 'yard'. all i want is a cheapy $30 grill, i think i am going to get the one at home depot, but before i moved i had an awesome $20 one from wal mart that they of course no longer carry. and the $54 weber is good in terms of 'smoke' but it can't char a freakin corn tortilla. screw that, must have bbq tortillas.

Said1
08-30-2008, 09:28 PM
I have Tuesday off, so it's a 4 day weekend for moi.

Not doing much though, just paid my tuition for the year. :(

08-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Im... Im just dealing with crap.

Yurt
08-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Im... Im just dealing with crap.

what crap?

MtnBiker
08-31-2008, 10:53 AM

Don't frown, you are investing for the future! Well done!

Trigg
08-31-2008, 11:15 AM

We're having my sister and her family over to deep fry a turkey , eat watermellon, swim and have margaritas. I'll send a drink your way :wine:

darin
08-31-2008, 06:06 PM
We went on a drive in the country...otherwise, we'll hang out around the house.

Abbey Marie
08-31-2008, 07:04 PM
We just got back from touring Penn State with our daughter. Nice looking school. She liked it. We'll see.

That was the hugest college football stadium I've ever seen!

Lots of walking, and a 7 hour drive round trip. Then we stopped in Lancaster, PA., and took in the sights of the Amish in their hats and beards and bonnets and buggy carts. Also, a side trip to the Guess outlet there for "the fashionable teen".

Now we are about to grill some turkey sausage. (Yup, that's right- turkey sausage) which we will have on a roll with sauteed peppers and onions. Yummy. Later, we will make a couple of Manhattans.

A tiring day imo. Tomorrow, some serious R&R I hope.

Anyone here go to Penn State? My husband got his MBA there and really enjoyed it. But undergrad could be different...

08-31-2008, 10:21 PM
what crap?

Just life.

Yurt
09-01-2008, 04:58 PM
just killed my costco tri tip. bought a new bbq, do not have a meat therm, and killed it :laugh2: (like it wasn't already dead). i'm thinking of ordering pizza now, i am not going back out and getting another tri tip.

maybe i'll grill us up some tofu :coffee:

emmett
09-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Sitting around the office playing in a poker tournament on line.

Writing in my book a little. Couldn't get the flow going today.

Tapping on DP occasionally (actually 40 times, most I ever have in one day)

Pm'ed Crin a couple of times and Stephanie

Fixing to make my favorite stir fry dish of chicken fried in walnut oil, with mushrooms, onions, celery and orange bell peppers. Homemade fried rice ans some noodles on the side fried in sesame oil.

Listen to Fox news on XM radio

Try to write some more

Cuddle up with dog around 3am and get up tomorrow