PDA

View Full Version : Zogby: McCain VP Pick Destroys Obama DNC Bounce

red states rule
08-31-2008, 08:00 AM
This may explain why the left is so rabid over the pick of Gov Palin

Zogby Poll: Equilibrium in the POTUS Race!
Brash McCain pick of AK Gov. Palin neutralizes historic Obama speech, stunts the Dems' convention bounce

UTICA, New York - Republican John McCain's surprise announcement Friday of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate - some 16 hours after Democrat Barack Obama's historic speech accepting his party’s presidential nomination - has possibly stunted any Obama convention bump, the latest Zogby Interactive flash poll of the race shows.

The latest nationwide survey, begun Friday afternoon after the McCain announcement of Palin as running mate and completed mid-afternoon today, shows McCain/Palin at 47%, compared to 45% support for Obama/Biden.

In other words, the race is a dead heat.

The interactive online Zogby survey shows that both Obama and McCain have solidified the support among their own parties - Obama won 86% support of Democrats and McCain 89% of Republicans in a two-way head-to-head poll question not including the running mates. When Biden and Palin are added to the mix, Obama's Democratic support remains at 86%, while McCain's increases to 92%.

After the McCain "Veep" announcement on Friday, Palin was almost immediately hailed as a strong conservative, and those voters have rallied to the GOP ticket, the survey shows. Republicans gather in St. Paul, Minnesota this week to officially nominate McCain and Palin as their presidential ticket.

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews1547.html

stephanie
08-31-2008, 08:09 AM
No wonder their all so..................pissed..

and I'm so laughing:laugh2::laugh2:

red states rule
08-31-2008, 08:12 AM
No wonder their all so..................pissed..

and I'm so laughing:laugh2::laugh2:

Now the Dems are so desperate they have to openly hope for a Cat 4 of 5 storm to slam into the US to take away from the Republcan convention

The Dems are sooooo desperate right now. A few months ago they were so dame cocky and arrogant thinking the election was going to be a picnic in the park

stephanie
08-31-2008, 08:22 AM
Now the Dems are so desperate they have to openly hope for a Cat 4 of 5 storm to slam into the US to take away from the Republican convention

The Dems are sooooo desperate right now. A few months ago they were so dame cocky and arrogant thinking the election was going to be a picnic in the park

hey, a few 1000 people killed by a hurricane wouldn't be a bad thing to them..
and as we've seen, neither is using innocent disabled little babies..

truly a pathetic bunch

red states rule
08-31-2008, 08:24 AM
hey, a few 1000 people killed by a hurricane wouldn't be a bad thing to them..
and as we've seen, neither is using innocent disabled little babies..

truly a pathetic bunch

Dems are ready to dance on the graves of folks killed in this storm and they have done with our troops killed in Iraq

I suspect Republicans will postpone the convention. Pres Bush said this morning he will not be going

Of course Obama could go to La, stand on the beach, and turn the storm away from the US with his "mighty hand"

krisy
08-31-2008, 08:26 AM
Now the Dems are so desperate they have to openly hope for a Cat 4 of 5 storm to slam into the US to take away from the Republcan convention

Now let's see if the media can give as much coverage to the Republican convention as they did the Dem. With this huge hurricane about to bear down,I wonder how they plan on doing this. The hurricane is definitely big news,but so is this convention.

I suppose I will stick with Fox to make sure I see and hear everything going on at the convention.

red states rule
08-31-2008, 08:30 AM
Now let's see if the media can give as much coverage to the Republican convention as they did the Dem. With this huge hurricane about to bear down,I wonder how they plan on doing this. The hurricane is definitely big news,but so is this convention.

I suppose I will stick with Fox to make sure I see and hear everything going on at the convention.

The liberal media will give the same amount of coverage, but not the same way they covered the Dems

If the convention goes on, the liberal media will attack Republicans for having a party as a Cat 4 of 5 storm hits the US

They will attack, smear, and insult the folks there, and do all they can to downplay the ticket

red states rule
09-02-2008, 05:29 AM
A new CNN poll shows Obama up by one point.

CNN Poll: Obama 49, McCain 48
Posted: 08:00 PM ET

From CNN Deputy Political Director Paul Steinhauser

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN) — On the eve of the Republican convention, a new national poll suggests the race for the White House remains dead even.

A CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll released Sunday night shows the Obama-Biden ticket leading the McCain-Palin ticket by one point, 49 percent to 48 percent, a statistical dead heat.

The survey was conducted Friday through Sunday, after both the conclusion of the Democratic convention and McCain’s selection of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate.

A previous CNN poll, taken just one week earlier, suggested the race between Sens. McCain, R-Arizona, and Obama, D-Illinois, was tied at 47 percent each.

“The convention — and particularly Obama's speech — seems to be well-received. And the selection of Sarah Palin as the GOP running mate, also seems to be well-received. So why is the race still a virtual tie? Probably because the two events created equal and opposite bounces — assuming that either one created a bounce at all,” says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/08/31/cnn-poll-obama-49-mccain-48/