PDA

View Full Version : Because Persia Sucks

Hobbit
03-13-2007, 09:31 AM
The Iranian government has declared that the movie '300' is yet another attempt by the Zionist pigs to denegrate Persian culture and history so as to discredit Iran. I think it's just because Persia was the greatest threat to Western culture in the history of the world, but I'm nobody special.

http://english.people.com.cn/200703/12/eng20070312_356565.html

Gaffer
03-13-2007, 09:43 AM
I got to support a movie that pisses off iran.

They will just ban it in iran anyway so no need to get too upset about what iranians think about it. They are just worried the rest of the world may begin to percieve them for what they really are.

CSM
03-13-2007, 10:06 AM
The Iranian government has declared that the movie '300' is yet another attempt by the Zionist pigs to denegrate Persian culture and history so as to discredit Iran. I think it's just because Persia was the greatest threat to Western culture in the history of the world, but I'm nobody special.

This isn't the first time Iran's leaders try to deny historical fact. It's getting to be a habit with them. Pretty soon they will have their version of 'Bagdad Bob' telling us "No bombs are falling on Tehran!" as explosions rock the buildings behind him.

MtnBiker
03-13-2007, 10:09 AM
Javad Shamqadri, an art advisor to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, accused the new movie of being "part of a comprehensive U.S. psychological war aimed at Iranian culture", said the report.

How fucking retarded is that?

Dilloduck
03-13-2007, 10:17 AM
How fucking retarded is that?

art advisor ??? :lol:

Gaffer
03-13-2007, 01:29 PM
appearantly the art advisor liked the movie, but couldn't tell his boss that.

Nienna
03-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Seems as if, if there IS a psychological war involving Islam in the US, it is working in the OPPOSITE direction---to get us to ACCEPT Islam, perceive is as "peaceful." Our papers recognizing bin Laden, the Birthday Boy, etc.

Nienna
03-13-2007, 01:48 PM
BTW... this thread should probably be merged with stang's "Muslims Wow" thread.

:)

Gaffer
03-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Seems as if, if there IS a psychological war involving Islam in the US, it is working in the OPPOSITE direction---to get us to ACCEPT Islam, perceive is as "peaceful." Our papers recognizing bin Laden, the Birthday Boy, etc.

It's been a psycological war for a long time and the media is still playing the muslim game of trying to convince everyone islam is a "peaceful" religion. It's a political idealogy that is out to control the world. If the media ever got together and presented the truth about islam all muslims would be driven out of this country.

Nukeman
03-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Seems to me they were pussies than and are pussies today they just dont have the nerve to stand up and fight like men anymore...:salute:

03-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Someone should really mention to them that it's difficult to be degrading the muslim culture in Iran since there was no muslim culture that existed at the time 300 took place.

CSM
03-14-2007, 06:07 AM
Someone should really mention to them that it's difficult to be degrading the muslim culture in Iran since there was no muslim culture that existed at the time 300 took place.

Why are you trying to confuse the issue with facts like that? The point is that it is insulting to Iran because IF Muslims had existed at that time they still would have lost to infidels and that alone is insulting to Islam and Iran. Not to mention that Xerxes looked like a pansy and didn't do any of his own fighting...you know, like the Iranian terrorists do today.

gabosaurus
03-14-2007, 07:13 PM
I am sure it represents Persia almost as authentically as The Dukes of Hazzard represents the South.

manu1959
03-14-2007, 09:14 PM

why don't they just deny that it happened .... same as the Holocaust

Gunny
03-14-2007, 09:35 PM
I am sure it represents Persia almost as authentically as The Dukes of Hazzard represents the South.

About like you represent real liberals?:fu:

manu1959
03-14-2007, 09:52 PM
About like you represent real liberals?:fu:

so accurately then?

Gunny
03-14-2007, 09:56 PM
so accurately then?

Most of my relatives are liberals. Except that they appear to have a mental void where politics are concerned, none are as dimwitted as Gabby, and definitely none are anti-American.

manu1959
03-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Most of my relatives are liberals. Except that they appear to have a mental void where politics are concerned, none are as dimwitted as Gabby, and definitely none are anti-American.

my family considers me a liberal...:laugh2:

Hugh Lincoln
03-14-2007, 10:20 PM

Hobbit, you are no fool.

And I agree that Islam and the West have been at odds, historically and today. We should give Muslims no quarter.

But my view is different. The Jews also pose a threat to the West. As my my sig shows, I have no problem in princple with nationalist Jews. But they seek to embroil us in a fight not of our making. That in turn weakens us as a nation and a people.

Gaffer
03-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Hobbit, you are no fool.

And I agree that Islam and the West have been at odds, historically and today. We should give Muslims no quarter.

But my view is different. The Jews also pose a threat to the West. As my my sig shows, I have no problem in princple with nationalist Jews. But they seek to embroil us in a fight not of our making. That in turn weakens us as a nation and a people.

We are embroiled in a fight of islams making. And it won't end until islam no longer exists.

Gunny
03-14-2007, 10:46 PM
We are embroiled in a fight of islams making. And it won't end until islam no longer exists.

Or liberalism capitulates to Islam.

Gaffer
03-14-2007, 11:04 PM
Or liberalism capitulates to Islam.

They already have.

theHawk
03-16-2007, 08:02 AM
This goes to show how paranoid Islamists are. How dare we tell a story that might inspire people to stand up and fight against foreign threats, all of our movies should be about submitting to the will of Allah!
:laugh2:

Hobbit
03-16-2007, 10:02 AM
This goes to show how paranoid Islamists are. How dare we tell a story that might inspire people to stand up and fight against foreign threats, all of our movies should be about submitting to the will of Allah!
:laugh2:

It's odd, really. America loves a good war movie with tales of heroism, but when the real thing comes along, we just don't have the stomach for it.

CSM
03-16-2007, 10:18 AM
It's odd, really. America loves a good war movie with tales of heroism, but when the real thing comes along, we just don't have the stomach for it.

Very, very good point. I think it is because the US citizen is, for the most part, so self absorbed that such selfless acts as depicted in movies like "300" are indeed a novelty to them. It boggles their mind so much that when a young man or woman expresses a desire to join the military that defends their nation it is automatically assumed that the potential enlistee is either poverty stricken, uneducated and perhaps worse. To believe that a person can actually stick to their guns and see the task through to completion is well beyond comprehension for the self centered.