PDA

View Full Version : Glen Beck for president

actsnoblemartin
09-01-2008, 08:57 PM
I love the fact that he believes in america, in americans... he is the least partisan, most civil, funniest commentator ive ever seen

and he inspires me and makes me laugh when the world makes me wanna cry, and he gives me hope when washington makes me wanna puke

anyone with me?

Abbey Marie
09-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Glenn is about as honest as it gets.

actsnoblemartin
09-01-2008, 09:17 PM
you said it abbey, and he is so humble. He doesnt pretend to know it all, or be smarter then everyone else

He could be your best friend, your next door neighbor, or your co-worker

he is one cool, relatable dude

09-01-2008, 10:49 PM

Problem is he is too honest. People don't like that.

emmett
09-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Glenn Beck is just palatable to me! He gives Bob Barr air time, which I respect. He is conservative which I of course respect and he does not employ the tactics of rudeness like a Hannity. Hannity has become a damn blowhard. A propagandist blowhard! I think he hurts the republicans with his repetitive rhetoric more than helps.

Glenn Beck listens to the answers of his guests, treats everyone with respect. I also Rusty Humphries. He is a class act! I loved his Scrooge special year before last. That was great!

I can't stand the sound of Rush Limbaugh. All I can remember is his chastizing of a drug addict. "It's their own fault......they ought to go to jail." What a jerk!

I like Alan Colmes. Even though he is a lefty, he puts on a good radio show. He is respectful and honest.......just wrong! He did speak up against the Fairness Doctrine which was a feather in his cap with me.

And.....like him or hate him......Savage is the most honest commentator on radio. He just concentrates on negative too much.

Yurt
09-01-2008, 11:08 PM
glen beck is a washed up has been....alki

screw him and the drunk horse he rode in on

there, the libs have a voice....

actsnoblemartin
09-02-2008, 01:24 PM
edited

Abbey Marie
09-02-2008, 01:27 PM
boo :poke:

What you wrote is complete horseshit :slap:

shame on you for disparaging a recovering alcoholic :fu:

He was imitating libs, Martin.

actsnoblemartin
09-02-2008, 01:31 PM
He was imitating libs, Martin.

oops, i guess that makes me the asshole :slap:

sorry yurt/abbey

crin63
09-02-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm just about ready for Ted Nugent to run for president.

actsnoblemartin
09-02-2008, 01:35 PM
i'd vote for him too

I'm just about ready for Ted Nugent to run for president.

Abbey Marie
09-02-2008, 01:37 PM
oops, i guess that makes me the asshole :slap:

sorry yurt/abbey

Don't be so hard on yourself, Martin. It was an easy mistake to make.

mundame
09-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Well, I don't like any of these mean and nasty guys. Beck, O'Reilly, they are all too violent and hateful for me. I haven't heard Limbaugh, but I bet he's worse.

Hannity seems polite enough; I can watch his show for awhile.

There's a high level of verbal aggression on TV these days that there didn't used to be.

crin63
09-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Well, I don't like any of these mean and nasty guys. Beck, O'Reilly, they are all too violent and hateful for me. I haven't heard Limbaugh, but I bet he's worse.

There's a high level of verbal aggression on TV these days that there didn't used to be.

I don't see hatred at all. I just see men being the way men are supposed to be and not sissy effeminate freaks of nature that feminists want them to be.

I think you confuse loud and direct with mean and nasty.

mundame
09-02-2008, 03:29 PM
I don't see hatred at all. I just see men being the way men are supposed to be and not sissy effeminate freaks of nature that feminists want them to be.

I think you confuse loud and direct with mean and nasty.

Naaaaaaaaaah. "Loud" means shouting over everyone, being intimidating and over-aggressive. Mean men do that.

"Direct" means shouting insults and personal ad homs. That's what nasty men do.

"Loud and direct" is an attempt to excuse men being intimidating and obnoxious, and there is no excuse for that, however often, much too often, it does occur.

crin63
09-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Naaaaaaaaaah. "Loud" means shouting over everyone, being intimidating and over-aggressive. Mean men do that.

"Direct" means shouting insults and personal ad homs. That's what nasty men do.

"Loud and direct" is an attempt to excuse men being intimidating and obnoxious, and there is no excuse for that, however often, much too often, it does occur.

I'm loud whenever I feel like it, I'm bold most of the time, I'm direct and I make no apologies for it. I'm a guy and I act like a guy.

You would also be hard pressed to find someone who treats women with greater respect than I do. My wife's single friends are always asking her where they can find a guy like me. I don't say that to brag just to show that their are women who appreciate men being men and not effeminate sissy boys.

I am constantly around women, in fact I am taking a group of 25 women shooting in 2 weeks. They like me and trust me enough to let me teach them how to shoot. Even the ones who have never been around guns and are afraid of them.

mundame
09-02-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm loud whenever I feel like it, I'm bold most of the time, I'm direct and I make no apologies for it. I'm a guy and I act like a guy.

You would also be hard pressed to find someone who treats women with greater respect than I do. My wife's single friends are always asking her where they can find a guy like me. I don't say that to brag just to show that their are women who appreciate men being men and not effeminate sissy boys.

I am constantly around women, in fact I am taking a group of 25 women shooting in 2 weeks. They like me and trust me enough to let me teach them how to shoot. Even the ones who have never been around guns and are afraid of them.

"You would also be hard pressed to find someone who treats women with greater respect than I do."

If that is true, and it may well be, as you have been pleasant in this discussion, then you aren't yelling insults ("loud and direct" means yelling insults to many women) and scaring them.

Good, so carry on.

09-02-2008, 04:27 PM

Glen isnt mean at all.