PDA

View Full Version : Palin The $10 Million Women

red states rule
09-02-2008, 05:36 AM
Looks like the Palin pick is paying off with a huge increase in campaign donations

$10 Million Woman: Palin a Hit with GOP Donors
McCain Campaign Raises Over $10 Million Since Palin Tapped as Running Mate

By BRIAN ROSS
Sept. 1, 2008

The McCain campaign raised more than $10 million in the two and a half days after Alaska Governor Sarah Palin was named as the vice presidential running mate, bringing the total raised in the month of August to more than $47 million, campaign officials tell ABC News.

The final, official figures are expected to be reported in the next few days, but the amount appears to be a record for the McCain campaign, almost twice as much as it has raised in any other single month.

"We're still counting," said campaign spokesman Brian Rogers.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5700022&page=1

09-02-2008, 08:15 AM
This cant be right. She is a bad choice:p

red states rule
09-02-2008, 08:16 AM

I think it is great pick. McCain is bringing back his conservative base, and polls show Republicans are excited over her as VP

theHawk
09-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Palin is a great choice. I might have to pull out the check book and write one out to a Republican for the first time in my life!!!

red states rule
09-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Palin is a great choice. I might have to pull out the check book and write one out to a Republican for the first time in my life!!!

Looks like the attacks from the left are not working so far

snip

Despite all the national attention that has been focused on Sarah Palin, public perceptions of the Alaska Governor have changed little in the last few days. She is still viewed favorably by just over half of all voters. A separate survey found that Obama is number one and Palin number two on the list of candidates people would like to meet.

Obama has strengthened his support among Democrats and now attracts the vote from 85% of those within his party. Eighty-six percent (86%) of Republicans support McCain. Full demographic crosstabs featuring tracking poll results by gender, age, race, ideology, party, most important issues, religious beliefs and more are available to Premium Members via the Daily Snapshot.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

theHawk
09-02-2008, 09:27 AM
And I am willing to bet that most independants like me are running away from Obam-bam.

09-02-2008, 09:38 AM
I think it is great pick. McCain is bringing back his conservative base, and polls show Republicans are excited over her as VP

Sarcasm RSR. Sarcasm:)

Abbey Marie
09-02-2008, 01:12 PM

You're right, Avi. It's all lies from the racist folks who make up the vast right-wing conspiracy. He actually raised only 49 cents. :coffee:

Gotta love the "I'm still counting" quote. :clap:

manu1959
09-02-2008, 02:28 PM
if the left is screaming you know you made a good choice....

red states rule
09-03-2008, 05:14 AM
if the left is screaming you know you made a good choice....

Over at DNC TV the libs are in total meltdown

MSNBC Obsesses Over Palin's Damaging 'Hard Right' Pro-Life Stand
By Brent Baker (Bio | Archive)
September 3, 2008 - 05:03 ET

Obsessing over Sarah Palin's pro-life position on abortion, MSNBC hosts and reporters on Tuesday night repeatedly raised it and painted it as a detriment to Republicans even though last week with Democrats the channel did not similarly pursue how a solidly left view on abortion might hurt Obama and Biden. By the count of the MRC's Geoff Dickens, between 8 PM and midnight EDT, MSNBC raised abortion at least 16 times, twice with an edge that painted the GOP position as extreme by applying a “hard right” label. Chris Matthews declared “they are going hard right on abortion rights” and later David Gregory asserted: “The abortion platform here is pretty hard right.”

Chuck Todd, Political Director for NBC News, fretted over how “this is as stringent of a platform on abortion the Republican Party ever has. And the problem is” that “these delegates are more conservative than even the ones four years ago.” Andrea Mitchell described Palin as “very conservative” and pressed a Republican Congressman: “Now there are a lot of women in that area who are less conservative socially than Sarah Palin. There are a lot of women who believe in choice. So how do you square the circle there?”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2008/09/03/msnbc-obsesses-over-palins-damaging-hard-right-pro-life-stand

mundame
09-03-2008, 10:05 AM
MSNBC Obsesses Over Palin's Damaging 'Hard Right' Pro-Life Stand

It is a damaging "hard right" stand. Very scary, and Palin herself is the example of all the bad things that can happen when you take such crazy positions. She wants to force everyone to have all her misfortunes??????

Darn, why would anyone vote for that??

Really, this is good, maybe. This will scare the whole nation right out complacency about the idiot hard right views on abortion and birth control. Everyone can say, Sarah Palin is anti-abortion and look at all the awful things that happened to her!

Gaffer
09-03-2008, 01:29 PM
It is a damaging "hard right" stand. Very scary, and Palin herself is the example of all the bad things that can happen when you take such crazy positions. She wants to force everyone to have all her misfortunes??????

Darn, why would anyone vote for that??

Really, this is good, maybe. This will scare the whole nation right out complacency about the idiot hard right views on abortion and birth control. Everyone can say, Sarah Palin is anti-abortion and look at all the awful things that happened to her!

She scares you and OCA, and the liberals. Everyone else is just fine with her.

mundame
09-03-2008, 01:37 PM
She scares you and OCA, and the liberals. Everyone else is just fine with her.

"Everyone else"? Obama is suddenly polling above 50% on multiple polls, and you say "everyone else"?

Everyone else except the majority of voters, apparently.

Yurt
09-03-2008, 03:22 PM
"Everyone else"? Obama is suddenly polling above 50% on multiple polls, and you say "everyone else"?

a bounce is the norm after a convention, obama's was very small, smaller than bob dole's bounce in 96 :laugh2:

just because he is polling better right this moment proves nothing about palin

red states rule
09-04-2008, 06:21 AM

Obama is now back below 50%; seem his bounce is going backwards

Yurt
09-04-2008, 07:21 AM
Obama is now back below 50%; seem his bounce is going backwards

that would be correct, his bounce is fading

red states rule
09-04-2008, 07:29 AM
that would be correct, his bounce is fading

and after Gov palin's speech last night, it may be in a free fall pretty soon