PDA

View Full Version : Fatimah Ali: We need Obama, not 4 more years of George Bush

stephanie
09-02-2008, 09:59 AM
so? elect the Obambam........or else....:rolleyes:

By Fatimah Ali
Philadelphia Daily News

AMERICA is on the brink of a long, harsh and bitterly cold winter, with a looming recession that the GOP won't even admit to.
The policies of the current White House have brutalized our economy, yet the wealthiest think that everything is fine.

Rich Republicans just don't understand that millions are suffering. But many of their working class do, and they're beginning to abandon their own party.

When lifelong Republican Barney Smith told the Democratic convention that he'd vote for Barack Obama for president, he gave pause to even the most conservative members of his party.

Smith, like many disgruntled working-class Republicans, is ready to turn his back on his party because he's having such a hard time providing for his family. Like others, Smith fell victim to the loss of 3.2 million American jobs as factories closed or their work was outsourced to cheap labor markets overseas.

Poet Langston Hughes once wrote, "Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly, Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams go, life is a barren field, frozen with snow."

Many wealthy folks live in a dream state and ignore people like Smith, whose tale of personal woe preceded Obama's acceptance speech.

SNIP:
If McCain wins, look for a full-fledged race and class war, fueled by a deflated and depressed country, soaring crime, homelessness - and hopelessness!

read it all here and comments..
http://www.philly.com/dailynews/opinion/20080902_Fatimah_Ali__We_need_Obama__not_4_more_ye ars_of_George_Bush.html

theHawk
09-02-2008, 10:27 AM
In other words Mr. Smith now wants handouts from the government paid by the rest of us, instead of finding a new job.

Gaffer
09-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Prove to me that smith was a life long republican. I don't buy that at all. How many times have we heard that before?

I think there may be a race/class war to some extent. It will be a liberal uprising after they have failed to gain the power they want. The writer is just stating the liberal mantra and threatening violence if they don't get their way.

Mr. P
09-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Prove to me that smith was a life long republican. I don't buy that at all. How many times have we heard that before?

I think there may be a race/class war to some extent. It will be a liberal uprising after they have failed to gain the power they want. The writer is just stating the liberal mantra and threatening violence if they don't get their way.

I think it will only be the extreme left not the mainstream.
You know, the ones that even protested at the DNC convention, the nutjobs?

They are really a plague on the democrat party..problem is...they will not get rid of them because they "use" them when needed for diversion etc. Like the last 3 days.

Trigg
09-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Love some of the comments.

Sorry I'm late to the discussion. I just got out of the soup line, and man...it was around the block. See if you can spot all of the Democratic talking points in this story...Whoo boy!! I think she hit them all: The Republicans have "brutalized the economy" (which actually grew by 3.3% last quarter, still no sign of the long-promised recession)If the Republicans win, the race struggles will continue, but Obama can unite us all. This lady has seen (and bought into) too many movies. Remember when Clinton was in the White House, and a 5.5% unemployment rate was seen as good news? How amazing is it that 8 years later that same unemployment rate is the indicator of how far this country has fallen. Hypocrisy, thy name is Fatimah Ali.

This may be one of the most ignorant articles I have ever read and I am considering stopping my print subscriptions. Taxing the hell out of the wealthy corporations will do nothing but drive more jobs overseas.Second, you have to remember the top 1% of wealthy people pay 27 times the national average in taxes. These people pay more than enough. Obama would bring in nothing but a semi-communist regime.

that would be great, maybe nancy pelosi's husbands government contract of 250 million dollars a year (Iraq war contract) and Jack murpha's brothers contract: 22 milion dollars ayear will be canceled when Obamam's elected.........NOT!

PostmodernProphet
09-02-2008, 12:48 PM
]If McCain wins, look for a full-fledged race and class war

dang, I was afraid someone would play the race card in this election......

manu1959
09-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Fatimah Ali writes an article fanning the flames of a race and class war if an olde white man is elected over a young 1/2 white man .....

gee what a shock that a woman named after one of the daughters of mohamad would be encourging a race and class war .....

Abbey Marie
09-02-2008, 01:56 PM
There isn't anything much more racist than threatening violence if the guy of your race loses.

mundame
09-02-2008, 02:06 PM
"If McCain wins, look for a full-fledged race and class war, fueled by a deflated and depressed country, soaring crime, homelessness - and hopelessness!"

Huh ---------- I personally think that's exactly what will happen if Obama is elected.

Remember (some of you do) what happened right after ll the Martin Luther King/Great Society stuff?

The blacks rioted, in city after city all over America.

So why wouldn't that happen again, when Obama is elected? I expect it may.

Abbey Marie
09-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Huh ---------- I personally think that's exactly what will happen if Obama is elected.

Remember (some of you do) what happened right after ll the Martin Luther King/Great Society stuff?

It might, and people like Fatimah Ali are making sure it enters the mind of any black person who would ordinarily not think to act that way. It will also make the Dem party look irreparably bad to many people who might otherwise be Dem voters.

manu1959
09-02-2008, 02:12 PM

what?.....you think people will right if obama is elected....

mundame
09-02-2008, 02:24 PM
It might, and people like Fatimah Ali are making sure it enters the mind of any black person who would ordinarily not think to act that way. It will also make the Dem party look irreparably bad to many people who might otherwise be Dem voters.

That is interesting and gratifying that it has occurred to you also, Abbey.

Sociological truism: it's when things start to get BETTER than riots and revolutions happen. That's why our cities went up in flames after King/Great Society changes ---------- they wanted more, more, more, more.

At this point (because Palim was not a good choice, IMO) I see a landslide for Obama coming, and the cities are VERY degraded and schools really hopeless prisons for blacks. It's far worse than it was in the 60s. So yes, I see trouble coming.

Abbey Marie
09-02-2008, 02:28 PM
That is interesting and gratifying that it has occurred to you also, Abbey.

Sociological truism: it's when things start to get BETTER than riots and revolutions happen. That's why our cities went up in flames after King/Great Society changes ---------- they wanted more, more, more, more.

At this point (because Palim was not a good choice, IMO) I see a landslide for Obama coming, and the cities are VERY degraded and schools really hopeless prisons for blacks. It's far worse than it was in the 60s. So yes, I see trouble coming.

The term I think of is, "hope deferred". There is nothing more frustrating than seeing something you thought you almost had, slip away. Frustration often leads to violence. Not that I am excusing it, now.

manu1959
09-02-2008, 02:40 PM
The term I think of is, "hope deferred". There is nothing more frustrating than seeing something you thought you almost had, slip away. Frustration often leads to violence. Not that I am excusing it, now.

what do you think will be the result if obama is elected and when he can not deliver on all his promises.....even whith control of the house and senate....

Abbey Marie
09-02-2008, 02:44 PM
what do you think will be the result if obama is elected and when he can not deliver on all his promises.....even whith control of the house and senate....

To be honest, I think blacks would vote to re-elect him no matter what he did. Look at Marion Barry.

mundame
09-02-2008, 03:11 PM
To be honest, I think blacks would vote to re-elect him no matter what he did. Look at Marion Barry.

The reason, I think, is that blacks in power spread the wealth. They are expected to fill the whole government with blacks, and they do.

And I expect that's what Obama will do, too. Like Detroit, and Newark.

The national government in Washington will end up like the city government in Washington.

Trigg
09-02-2008, 04:11 PM
The reason, I think, is that blacks in power spread the wealth. They are expected to fill the whole government with blacks, and they do.

The national government in Washington will end up like the city government in Washington.

That's just depressing

PostmodernProphet
09-02-2008, 06:00 PM

can we quote you on that in a campaign ad.....for McCain?......

IrishCop
09-02-2008, 08:07 PM
I still like McCain's VP pick. I didn't see anyone in the running for that position that could have (and pardoned the much overused term) energized the Republican base like Governor Palin did. For the first time in several months, I think we have race, not a massacre on our hands. But, and this is a big but, while I believe most of America is Center-Right, the all too important population centers (read Electoral Votes) I believe are Center-Left. We can win (Bush proved that twice). But it ain't gonna be easy. Oh, and as for the polls, Obama leads in most of them, by as little as one point to as much as eight. But McCain leads in four, one of them the USA Today/Gallup. Y'know...McPaper. The one everybody reads but no one admits to it. It might have a better finger on the pulse of America than some of the others.

mundame
09-02-2008, 09:17 PM
For the first time in several months, I think we have [a] race, not a massacre on our hands.

I didn't believe it would be a massacre before, but NOW I do.

But I'm interested in how tied up McCain was --- what COULD he do?

He had a rebellious base that didn't like anyone pro-choice, though they were far better qualified. They didn't like Romney the Mormon, either (nor do I).

McCain's ONLY safe choice was Pawlenty, the most boring governor of all 50 states. His "campaign" for VP is now saying that McCain's people vetted poor Pawlenty for fully 70 days ------- and they are bitter, because apparently they didn't vet Palin at all.

But Pawlenty was terminally boring.

The big problem was open rebellion at the convention: according to the Times, many, many people furiously told the campaign that they'd have a floor fight at the convention and DEFEAT either Ridge or Lieberman, the men McCain actually wanted.

I think he should have gone with one of them, though, and taken his chances with a floor fight. The choice he did make was impulsive and weird and isn't likely to work out, IMO.

stephanie
09-02-2008, 09:22 PM
I didn't believe it would be a massacre before, but NOW I do.

But I'm interested in how tied up McCain was --- what COULD he do?

He had a rebellious base that didn't like anyone pro-choice, though they were far better qualified. They didn't like Romney the Mormon, either (nor do I).

McCain's ONLY safe choice was Pawlenty, the most boring governor of all 50 states. His "campaign" for VP is now saying that McCain's people vetted poor Pawlenty for fully 70 days ------- and they are bitter, because apparently they didn't vet Palin at all.

But Pawlenty was terminally boring.

The big problem was open rebellion at the convention: according to the Times, many, many people furiously told the campaign that they'd have a floor fight at the convention and DEFEAT either Ridge or Lieberman, the men McCain actually wanted.

I think he should have gone with one of them, though, and taken his chances with a floor fight. The choice he did make was impulsive and weird and isn't likely to work out, IMO.

too bad... his constituents like Sarah Palin, and that's all that matters..the rest can come on board or go vote for the little marxist and Joey Biden..

mundame
09-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Obama Hits 50 Percent In New Gallup Poll (http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/02/obama-hits-50-percent-in-new-gallup-poll/)

<!-- No Summary -->by FOXNews.com
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
http://elections.foxnews.com/wp-content/themes/elections/images/red_strike.gif

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama has reached the 50 percent milestone in the latest Gallup Poll, the first time he has hit the threshold considered to be a safe number for victory.

According to Gallup’s Daily Tracking Poll, the Democratic presidential nominee now maintains an 8-point lead over Republican John McCain, 50 percent to 42 percent.

McCain, despite enjoying the media spotlight at this week’s Republican National Convention, is “well below” his 48 percent top support level, recorded in late April/early May, in a hypothetical match-up against Obama, said Gallup pollster Lydia Saad. He is “just slightly better” than the 40 percent he was getting during the Democratic convention last week.

Meanwhile, the percentage of undecided voters is at its lowest since early June at 8 percent. “This, in part, reflects movement of voters toward Obama over the course of the Democratic National Convention, a lead which has been sustained in subsequent days,” Saad said.

This is because of Palin. I think she should withdraw and he should pick Ridge.

retiredman
09-02-2008, 10:04 PM
and some on here would try to tell you that Obama's bounce is "fading"!:lol:

mundame
09-02-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if McCain is going to GET any bounce, considering Gustave and now all the trouble with Palin. It's just one distraction after another.

stephanie
09-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Wooooo50%
it only took him two friggen yrs.....

He's supposed to be soooo loved and admired and is going to draw all of the people to his bosom...:coffee:

retiredman
09-03-2008, 06:01 AM
Wooooo50%
it only took him two friggen yrs.....

He's supposed to be soooo loved and admired and is going to draw all of the people to his bosom...:coffee:

pathetic spin.

red states rule
09-03-2008, 06:03 AM
pathetic spin.

Lets see....

How big of a lead did Gore and Kerry have? I bet you were wetting your pants over those polls as well :laugh2:

mundame
09-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Lets see....

How big of a lead did Gore and Kerry have? I bet you were wetting your pants over those polls as well :laugh2:

I don't know about Gore.

Kerry, of course, had under 50%. Because he lost. In the polls, and in THE poll, throughout. If you get under 50% and the other guy has over 50%..........the guy with over 50% wins.

WHAT has happened to our schools? Can nobody do arithmetic anymore?

red states rule
09-03-2008, 09:00 AM
I don't know about Gore.

Kerry, of course, had under 50%. Because he lost. In the polls, and in THE poll, throughout. If you get under 50% and the other guy has over 50%..........the guy with over 50% wins.

WHAT has happened to our schools? Can nobody do arithmetic anymore?

Gore had a double digit lead as well

The more people learn about Obama, the less they like him

mundame
09-03-2008, 09:02 AM
So just to draw the obvious conclusion since it doesn't seem obvious to everyone -----

If Obama continues to get over 50%, he will of course win, assuming the polls accurately reflect THE poll in November, since over 50% defines the term "majority vote."

So the Gallup Poll is real, real bad news for the McPalin ticket. Note this poll was taken after McCain announced his ....regrettable choice for VP.

I think he should withdraw her (she can say the retarded baby and the pregnant daughter need her care; that'll work, sheeeeeesh) and get Ridge on the ticket AFTER the convention when the ultra-conservatives who threatened to launch a floor fight and defeat anyone pro-choice no longer can do that.

If he does, I'll vote for him.

I'm not voting for this screwy ticket, be sure.

mundame
09-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Gore had a double digit lead as well

Link? :link:

I don't believe that, I don't remember it at all. I was voting for Bush then, more fool me, and I recall him as being quite popular.

red states rule
09-03-2008, 09:04 AM
So just to draw the obvious conclusion since it doesn't seem obvious to everyone -----

If Obama continues to get over 50%, he will of course win, assuming the polls accurately reflect THE poll in November, since over 50% defines the term "majority vote."

So the Gallup Poll is real, real bad news for the McPalin ticket. Note this poll was taken after McCain announced his ....regrettable choice for VP.

I think he should withdraw her (she can say the retarded baby and the pregnant daughter need her care; that'll work, sheeeeeesh) and get Ridge on the ticket AFTER the convention when the ultra-conservatives who threatened to launch a floor fight and defeat anyone pro-choice no longer can do that.

He will drop back after the Republican convention - then the debates will decide

Without a script and teleprmpter Obama is like a fish out of water

Mundame, you are obsessed with killing the unborn - why is that?

stephanie
09-03-2008, 09:06 AM

you should vote for the Obambam, he is for your beloved abortion, hell he supports killing babies in the womb who are at 8 months old..

red states rule
09-03-2008, 09:08 AM
you should vote for the Obambam, he is for your beloved abortion, hell he supports killing babies in the womb who are at 8 months old..

and he supports putting the babies that survive an abortion in the soiled linen closet to die; and denying them care that would save their lives

stephanie
09-03-2008, 09:12 AM
I think these liberals are in for a big surprise if they think they will scare and run off Sarah Palin from the McCain ticket..

No matter, I hope they keep up these types of attacks on her, mainstream America needs to see what the media and Democrat party has become..and it's not a pretty site..

red states rule
09-03-2008, 09:14 AM
I think these liberals are in for a big surprise if they think they will scare and run off Sarah Palin from the McCain ticket..

No matter, I hope they keep up these types of attacks on her, mainstream America needs to see what the media and Democrat party has become..and it's not a pretty site..

After Gov Palin's speech tonight, where she will show America she is a working mom; and down to Earth person - the hate and venom of the left will increase

The more they attack her, the more the libs show how damn afraid of her

mundame
09-03-2008, 10:18 AM
and it's not a pretty site..

And what site is that? Do you have a link?

[Sigh]

What HAS happened to our schools in this country? It's so sad.

stephanie
09-03-2008, 10:21 AM
And what site is that? Do you have a link?

[Sigh]

What HAS happened to our schools in this country? It's so sad.

typical..
are related to Mfu?

Trigg
09-04-2008, 01:25 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if McCain is going to GET any bounce, considering Gustave and now all the trouble with Palin. It's just one distraction after another.

There was a question about whether Obama was going to get a bounce out of his convention and naming his VP. It didn't happen for him on the gallop poll until days later, in fact McCain actually took the lead.

Give McCain and the polls a chance and wait until after the convention ends.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/109834/Gallup-Daily-Bounce-Obama-Post-Biden-Tracking.aspx

PRINCETON, NJ -- It's official: Barack Obama has received no bounce in voter support out of his selection of Sen. Joe Biden to be his vice presidential running mate.

Gallup Poll Daily tracking from Aug. 23-25, the first three-day period falling entirely after Obama's Saturday morning vice presidential announcement, shows 46% of national registered voters backing John McCain and 44% supporting Obam