PDA

View Full Version : Conservatives, Who do you really want to be president?

actsnoblemartin
09-02-2008, 01:39 PM
A. Michael Savage
B. Ted Nugent
C. Glen Beck
D. Other, Please Specify

Abbey Marie
09-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Martin, what exactly is the question you want answered?
I think you left that out.

theHawk
09-02-2008, 01:56 PM
D. Sarah Palin.

Abbey Marie
09-02-2008, 02:00 PM
D. Other: Duncan Hunter

theHawk
09-02-2008, 02:05 PM
D. Other: Duncan Hunter

He was my first choice during the primaries. :cheers2:

Yurt
09-02-2008, 02:08 PM
other: manu

mundame
09-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Tom Ridge.

If not him, Lou Dobbs.

manu1959
09-02-2008, 02:17 PM
other: manu

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

crin63
09-02-2008, 02:43 PM
I'm ready for someone bold, direct, loud and masculine. I'm tired of men having to subdue themselves so as not be offensive to feminists. That's why I jokingly said Ted Nugent. I love his style, he's got brass and he's not afraid to state his positions regardless of who it offends.

eighballsidepocket
09-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Tom Ridge.

If not him, Lou Dobbs.

Isn't Tom Ridge Pro-killing unborn babies?

mundame
09-02-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm ready for someone bold, direct, loud and masculine. I'm tired of men having to subdue themselves so as not be offensive to feminists.

Hey, it's a free country. Go ahead. Then many of us will just ignore those types, because they are obnoxious and mean as a junkyard dog.

mundame
09-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Isn't Tom Ridge Pro-killing unborn babies?

He's pro-choice, which means a lot of women could vote for the ticket.

Because he would be VERY likely to be prez, given how old McCain is.

But more to the point, he's got character and experience.

Gee, I wonder if anyone thought of adding character and experience to McCain's ticket??!! Guess not; must not have thought it was important.

eighballsidepocket
09-02-2008, 03:51 PM
He's pro-choice, which means a lot of women could vote for the ticket.

Because he would be VERY likely to be prez, given how old McCain is.

But more to the point, he's got character and experience.

Gee, I wonder if anyone thought of adding character and experience to McCain's ticket??!! Guess not; must not have thought it was important.

So your for killing unborn babies?

09-02-2008, 04:29 PM
me. Power! oh yeah... um yeah wait ill reform things:-D

MtnBiker
09-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Michael Savage? Holy Hell I would rather listen to Micheal Moore farting through a walky talky than listen to Savage. That guy is going to blow a valve on air someday.

eighballsidepocket
09-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Michael Savage? Holy Hell I would rather listen to Micheal Moore farting through a walky talky than listen to Savage. That guy is going to blow a valve on air someday.

Oh, he isn't that bad.

I listen to him once in awhile, and actually some of the stuff he says can be quite funny.

On a more serious note though: Savage isn't at all thrilled about Gov. Sarah Palin for governor. He's got me really scratching my head this time.

Seems like Savage is just trying his darndest to not agree or be in line with Rush, Hannity, or any of the notable conservative radio talking heads. Savage has in the past and been pretty hard on Rush, and many of the other conservative radio talking heads. At times I've somewhat agreed with his analysis, but I think he's pulled one big "boner" this time with his take on Gov. Sarah Palin.

Again, I think that Savage has positioned himself as a conservative, but tries to distance himself from the other conservatives in the radio industry. In some ways, he's developed a good rapport with a large rado-share/audience, but I think his ratings this week since the Palin/V.P. choice will take a negative beating.
He's saying that he thinks McCain has made a monumental mistake with picking Gov. Palin for his running mate. His biggest reason.......Inexperience. I think he's standing on a very weak argument, and has gone too far this time, even with his own audience. I think in many ways, Gov. Palin is Savage's type of candidate, unless he's got some philosophical beliefs that I've missed over the years of listening to him.

I think Savage is going to have one big egg pie on his face if Gov. Palin comes out good in her speeches, and debates. She's a lady who holds to some very strong and difficult convictions to adhere too, but she hangs in there.