PDA

View Full Version : My RNC experience

KitchenKitten99
09-02-2008, 03:07 PM
A couple people here have asked me how my experience was.

It was pretty cool, though boring most of the first night, which was Friday.

Security for the VIP hotel I was at was watertight. Every public room was staked out with security officers of various kinds.

Walking into the hotel, I had to get a security wand sweep and my laptop & bag checked. Bomb-sniffing dogs were on every level. I can't say which hotel I was at because of an agreement I signed when I was assigned to the hotel, for security of those staying there.

Friday night was fairly dull, not many check-in's, so very little traffic. I did get to chat with a few of the delegates about Palin's nomination and their thoughts. Everyone I talked to all weekend said it is a VERY interesting choice, though most don't know much about her. However most opinions seemed pretty positive once more was known, and she seems like someone most would rather have on the actual Presidential ticket, rather than VP.

I helped a few senators and governors find fun things to do over the weekend. One of them went to our State Fair, and he brought back some cotton candy for me! I called for cabs and limos and such. Nothing too exciting, but interesting conversations and I learned quite a bit and I enjoyed the opportunity to talk to some other leaders of this country, and just the experience of it all.

Gaffer
09-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Sounds like your having a good time and I'm sure it will get more interesting tonight and tomorrow. After the convention you will be free to fill us in on all the goings on. Will look forward to hearing about it.

Have fun.

KitchenKitten99
09-04-2008, 02:05 PM
I was actually only at the hotel over the weekend welcoming arriving guests. I wish I were there this week.