PDA

View Full Version : Couple tie knot at funeral home

red states rule
09-03-2008, 06:33 AM
This ceremony seems a little stiff to me

Odd NewsView archive | RSS Feed Couple tie knot at funeral home

ST. JOSEPH (OTCBB:STJO), Mich., Sept. 1 (UPI) -- A St. Joseph (OTCBB:STJO), Mich., man said his weekend wedding was a traditional ceremony, although he raised some eyebrows with his choice of venue -- a funeral parlor.

Jason Storm, 24, a funeral director at Starks and Menchinger Family Funeral Home, said he did not see much difference between holding his wedding at his place of business and getting married in a church, The (St. Joseph, Mich.) Herald-Palladium reported Monday.

"I've gotten a lot of strange reactions to it," the 24-year-old said. "I look at it as, if you go to a church and get married, how many caskets do you think have been rolled down that aisle?"

The newly-minted Mrs. Storm, Rachel, 24, said she was not bothered by the venue.

"It does not creep me out at all," she said. "I'm very accustomed to what he does."

However, Rachel Storm said several guests had to be assured that there would be no caskets or dead bodies in the building before they would agree to attend.

"The one thing I'm very much about is being unique," she said. "And I can say this is definitely a unique wedding."

Tom Starks, owner of the funeral home, said the wedding was a first for the business.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2008/09/01/Couple_tie_knot_at_funeral_home/UPI-37531220318087/

crin63
09-03-2008, 08:54 AM
My parents were married at a funeral parlor/chapel. The places slogan was, "We marry 'em and bury 'em".

red states rule
09-03-2008, 09:02 AM
My parents were married at a funeral parlor/chapel. The places slogan was, "We marry 'em and bury 'em".

Gives new meaning to the phrase "till death do us part"!

Mr. P
09-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Maybe he knew that on their wedding night she was just gonna lay there stiff anyway.

* I'm so bad...that was tasteless.:laugh2:

red states rule
09-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Maybe he knew that on their wedding night she was just gonna lay there stiff anyway.

* I'm so bad...that was tasteless.:laugh2:

Hey they were both stiff :laugh2: