PDA

View Full Version : Mccain Takes Back The Race With An Inspired, Maverick Selection

red states rule
09-03-2008, 06:52 AM
Do you think Obama wishes he put Hillary on the ticket?

LADY IS A CHAMP
MCCAIN TAKES BACK THE RACE WITH AN INSPIRED, MAVERICK SELECTION
By DICK MORRIS

Now McCain needs to follow up this bold choice by articulating the many differences between his views and those of the Bush administration. From his opposition to torture to his proposal of the surge that saved the war in Iraq, he is no Bush clone. With his push for campaign-finance reform, tobacco regulation, corporate-governance reforms, an end to earmarking and cuts in spending, he has crafted a totally independent course that he needs to articulate at his convention. His legislation for energy independence and to fight climate change would implement everything Obama pledged to do in these areas in his excellent acceptance speech at the Democratic convention.

The entire edifice Obama and Biden built in the Denver convention hinges on the supposed similarity between Bush and McCain. Every speaker hewed to his suggested talking points in calling a McCain presidency a third Bush term. As proof, Obama cited the fact that McCain voted with Bush 90 percent of the time. But most Senate votes are unanimous! They praise high school sports teams or American heroes for their accomplishments or rename post offices or courthouses. It's likely Obama and McCain voted together most of the time, too.

Once McCain rebuts the supposed similarity between himself and the man he ran against in the bitter primaries of 2000, there is not a whole lot Obama can do to besmirch McCain's reputation.

Reacting to Palin's selection, Obama called it "more of the same." To say that Sarah Palin is more of same is like saying that Cameron Diaz is like Doris Day.

I had an opportunity to meet and spend half a day with Gov. Palin during a vacation cruise to Alaska sponsored by National Review magazine. The governor invited several of us, including editor Rich Lowry and former UN Ambassador John Bolton, to come see her. There we learned about her crusade against corruption in Alaska, her support for oil drilling there, and the quality of her leadership.

I will always remember taking her aside and telling her she might one day be tapped to be vice president, given her record and the shortage of female political talent in the Republican Party. She will make one hell of a candidate, and hats off to McCain for picking her. Her very presence on the ticket underscores something Obama doesn't want us to notice: He spent two years stopping a woman from becoming president and now he is about to spend two months stopping one from becoming vice president. Obama could have made history but failed the test. McCain passed with flying colors. That point will not be lost on independent women.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08312008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/lady_is_a_champ_126833.htm?page=2

Joe Steel
09-03-2008, 07:13 AM
Do you think Obama wishes he put Hillary on the ticket?

LADY IS A CHAMP
MCCAIN TAKES BACK THE RACE WITH AN INSPIRED, MAVERICK SELECTION
By DICK MORRIS

Dick Morris?

Are you serious?

red states rule
09-03-2008, 07:17 AM
Dick Morris?

Are you serious?

Yet libs loved him when he worked for the Clinton's :laugh2:

It is a fact the pick of Gov Palin has lit up the election, and Obama did keep a women from becoming President

retiredman
09-03-2008, 07:27 AM
Dick Morris?

Are you serious?

isn't he the guy with the hooker problem?

red states rule
09-03-2008, 07:28 AM

Hard to tell, your party has cornered the market in that area :laugh2:

Why not address the pints he makes, or is that asking to much of you?

09-03-2008, 07:37 AM

That would be his former boss.

As liberal as Morris is, the fact that he is saying this should tell you something.

red states rule
09-03-2008, 08:09 AM
We will see how good a pick Gov Palin is as she takes center stage tonight. From what I have seen and read about her, I am confident she will do fine and hit it out of the park

I suspect after her speech, many Republcians will want to flip the ticket and make it Palin - McCain

theHawk
09-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Dick Morris is great, he knows everthing about the Clintons and how Dems operate.

red states rule
09-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Dick Morris is great, he knows everthing about the Clintons and how Dems operate.

and the fact he is still breathing is a hell of an accomplishment

retiredman
09-03-2008, 08:46 AM
That would be his former boss.

no..that would be Morris.
and Morris isn't a "liberal", he is an opportunist and a gadfly...and always was.

red states rule
09-03-2008, 08:47 AM
no..that would be Morris.
and Morris isn't a "liberal", he is an opportunist and a gadfly...and always was.

Yet you worshipped him when he was defending and covering up for your guy Bill Clinton :laugh2:

Once again you are showing what a hack you really are

mundame
09-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Dick Morris?

Are you serious?

HE's not serious. Dick Morris hates everybody, so if he's touting "the Lady is a Champ," which of course is a way of saying the lady is a tramp, it's because he wants McCain to lose and is cheering on this fatal VP selection.

mundame
09-03-2008, 09:45 AM

No, I think he's more famous for toe-sucking.

And really, you know, there's a lot to be said for a man that......

Oh, never mind.http://wade.hu/smiley/kategoriak/szemtelen/cheeky-smiley-023.gif

red states rule
09-03-2008, 09:46 AM
HE's not serious. Dick Morris hates everybody, so if he's touting "the Lady is a Champ," which of course is a way of saying the lady is a tramp, it's because he wants McCain to lose and is cheering on this fatal VP selection.

When he did not back Hillary he made your shit list

stephanie
09-03-2008, 09:50 AM

Dick Morris was ok for them when he was covering up for the hound dog of a President, when he was boinking a 20 yr. old girl in the Oval office, right under the Hills nose..:laugh2:

mundame
09-03-2008, 09:56 AM

Naaaaaaah, he hates the Clintons, and I don't think anyone has taken poor Dick Morris seriously for a long time.

But let me be clear..................................

I'm okay with the toe-sucking. It's his choice.

red states rule
09-04-2008, 06:16 AM
Naaaaaaah, he hates the Clintons, and I don't think anyone has taken poor Dick Morris seriously for a long time.

But let me be clear..................................

I'm okay with the toe-sucking. It's his choice.

Obama did not even consider her for a minute. So now you have to deal with Gov Palin, who is going to rip Biden a new one in the VP debate

Now that Morris is not shielding and defending the Clintons, the left now turn on him - despite the fact he is speaking the truth