PDA

View Full Version : Obama To Appear On O'Reilly Thursday Night

red states rule
09-03-2008, 08:03 AM
Looks like Obama is so desperate, he is finally going to accept the long standing invite to appear on the O'Reilly Factor

Now, will Obama accept Sean Hannity's open invitation?

Obama Met With Fox News Executives

By Howard Kurtz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, September 3, 2008; Page A22

ST. PAUL, Minn., Sept. 2 -- At a secret meeting with Barack Obama three months ago, Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes says, he tried to clear the air with the Democratic senator by saying that his organization was determined to be fair but would not be "in the tank" for Obama's campaign.

During the sit-down in a Waldorf-Astoria hotel suite in Manhattan that included Rupert Murdoch, the network's owner, Obama expressed concern about the way Fox was covering him. "I just wanted to know if I'm going to get a fair shake from Fox News Channel," Ailes recalled him saying.

"Senator, you're the one who boycotted us," Ailes says he replied. "We're not the ones who boycotted you. Nor did we retaliate for your boycott."

The meeting appears to have eased tensions between the two camps, which began when all the Democratic candidates, complaining that the network favors Republicans, refused to hold any primary-season debates on Fox. After resisting invitations for months, Obama now plans to appear on Bill O'Reilly's prime-time Fox program on Thursday, the night that John McCain delivers his acceptance speech at the Republican convention here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/02/AR2008090202730.html

theHawk
09-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Obama better grill his ass on Ayers and Rezko. No one has ever asked him any tough questions on the other networks.

Is this interview going to air during the RNC?

red states rule
09-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Obama better grill his ass on Ayers and Rezko. No one has ever asked him any tough questions on the other networks.

Is this interview going to air during the RNC?

I am sure Bill will have the hard questions ready. This has the making of a meltdown moment by the messiah

All I know is the interview will be during prime time

MtnBiker
09-03-2008, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if all of the questions were preapproved by the Obama campaign to secure the interview. There won't be much come out of this.

theHawk
09-03-2008, 10:15 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if all of the questions were preapproved by the Obama campaign to secure the interview. There won't be much come out of this.

I agree, although I know Bill will hammer him about his appearance at the DailyKOS convention. I just wonder if he will touch Ayers and Rezko. Its very risky for Obama, if he is shows himself as a shrewd politician that dodges all the questions when millions are watching the Republicans give their case, he's going to prove their point.

Gaffer
09-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Sounds like he wants a chance to limit McCain's bounce. If O'Reilly throws away this opportunity to really grill obamanation I will never watch him again.

mundame
09-03-2008, 01:13 PM

Cynical, cynical ------------ http://macg.net/emoticons/smile22.gif

But I bet you are right. It's worth a lot to O'Reilly to be one of the "happening" TV personalities.

Mind you, that's the opening night for NFL football.

Abbey Marie
09-03-2008, 01:44 PM
I am sure Bill will have the hard questions ready. This has the making of a meltdown moment by the messiah

All I know is the interview will be during prime time

I wouldn't be so sure. O'Reilly tends to be very grateful when someone hesitant finally goes on his show. His satisfaction with getting the guest usually trumps his interest in getting tough. I predict mostly softballs, with a few tough questions thrown in to make it look good to his veiwers.

Dilloduck
09-03-2008, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't be so sure. O'Reilly tends to be very grateful when someone hesitant finally goes on his show. His satisfaction with getting the guest usually trumps his interest in getting tough. I predict mostly softballs, with a few tough questions thrown in to make it look good to his veiwers.

Amen--when he gets the biggies on like Hillary he turned into a mushball. Maybe to prove how imgratiating he can be? I only want one question asked---"Are people racists if they don't vote for you ? "

red states rule
09-04-2008, 06:18 AM

I hope you are wrong Abbey. After Gov Palin's great speech last night, Obama is now desperate to try and counter the many doubts about himself - and needs to answer some unanswered questions

theHawk
09-04-2008, 08:55 AM
He'll finally have a chance to tout his command experience! Maybe he'll tell a story about a difficult decision he had to make as a community organizer. lol

red states rule
09-04-2008, 08:56 AM
He'll finally have a chance to tout his command experience! Maybe he'll tell a story about a difficult decision he had to make as a community organizer. lol

and his abortion vote. That is what I want him to explain

stephanie
09-04-2008, 08:59 AM
I guess I'll have to paint tonight and watch it dry..

red states rule
09-04-2008, 09:01 AM
I guess I'll have to paint tonight and watch it dry..

I hope Bill does not blow it as many here thinks he will

theHawk
09-04-2008, 09:02 AM
and his abortion vote. That is what I want him to explain

"Sorry, thats above my paygrade". :laugh2:

red states rule
09-04-2008, 09:05 AM
"Sorry, thats above my paygrade". :laugh2:

Bill will not let him get away with that cop out

darin
09-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Mind you, that's the opening night for NFL football.

This is the only thing you've EVER posted, I've ever liked.

:D

HOOAH!

red states rule
09-04-2008, 09:14 AM
This is the only thing you've EVER posted, I've ever liked.

:D

HOOAH!

The NFL moved the start of the game to 7:00 so it may not take away from this interview if the game is a blowout

Abbey Marie
09-04-2008, 10:57 AM
I hope you are wrong Abbey. After Gov Palin's great speech last night, Obama is now desperate to try and counter the many doubts about himself - and needs to answer some unanswered questions

I hope I am wrong too, Red. :salute:

krisy
09-04-2008, 03:12 PM

I agree totally,Abbey. I have seen him do this on more than one occasion. He said last night that he knows Obama is using him,and he is. It's no accident this is going to be on when John McCain is supposed to be the man of the night.

I'm a little disappointed in O'Reilly letting this go on. My husband pointed out that on the night of Obama's big speech, McCain congratulated him on his achievment,very gracefully.

PostmodernProphet
09-04-2008, 03:14 PM
I agree totally,Abbey. I have seen him do this on more than one occasion. He said last night that he knows Obama is using him,and he is. It's no accident this is going to be on when John McCain is supposed to be the man of the night.

I'm a little disappointed in O'Reilly letting this go on. My husband pointed out that on the night of Obama's big speech, McCain congratulated him on his achievment,very gracefully.

I'm not bothered.....I know I will be able to watch it online from a hundred sources AFTER McCain's speech.....

-Cp
09-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Just watched it - gotta say, I thought Obama handled himself very well..

Yurt
09-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Just watched it - gotta say, I thought Obama handled himself very well..

did he get softballs?

Gaffer
09-04-2008, 08:10 PM
did he get softballs?

pretty much.

PostmodernProphet
09-04-2008, 08:23 PM
I can't honestly say I learned anything new.....

retiredman
09-04-2008, 08:30 PM
I learned that O'Liely is a great gadfly but a mediocre interviewer.

Yurt
09-04-2008, 08:58 PM
pretty much.

abbey was right, too bad, i've lost a lot of respect for oreilly tonight

and mfm, prove one lie, if not recant

i won't wait

retiredman
09-04-2008, 09:16 PM
and mfm, prove one lie, if not recant

i won't wait
every so often, I read one of your posts to see if you have gotten any more civil or any more intelligent. Apparently, that is an exercise in futility. Please show where, in this thread, I have accused anyone of LYING about anything. If you can do that, I will recant, because I certainly have not done so to my knowledge. If you can't maybe you'll be recanting this ignorant post.

I won't wait either.:laugh2:

retiredman
09-04-2008, 09:30 PM
:: crickets chirping ::

Yurt
09-04-2008, 09:31 PM

your turn big boy...hey, when are you going to recant that no one said anything to pmp about UA3 thread...i know you have seen post #2

retiredman
09-04-2008, 09:36 PM

your turn big boy...hey, when are you going to recant that no one said anything to pmp about UA3 thread...i know you have seen post #2

O'Liely is a great monikker for O'Rielly....ever since he LIED about winning the Peabody award. And no...I have not read post #2 and have no intention of doing so, especially if it is no more intellectually mature than the one I DID bother to open and read.

Yurt
09-04-2008, 09:40 PM
O'Liely is a great monikker for O'Rielly....ever since he LIED about winning the Peabody award. And no...I have not read post #2 and have no intention of doing so, especially if it is no more intellectually mature than the one I DID bother to open and read.

so you admit that you called him a liar...where is your recant mfm? what was immature how this post? i asked you to prove one lie, then you insulted me as being uncivil for daring to ask your highness to support something. why did you say you called no one a liar in this thread when you know full well you did?

your loss because it only shows your unwillingness to be truthful. you made a claim that no one has questioned pmp on that thread, i did i post two, you know it, and refuse to acknowledge it. why?

Yurt
09-04-2008, 09:41 PM
every so often, I read one of your posts to see if you have gotten any more civil or any more intelligent. Apparently, that is an exercise in futility. Please show where, in this thread, I have accused anyone of LYING about anything. If you can do that, I will recant, because I certainly have not done so to my knowledge. If you can't maybe you'll be recanting this ignorant post.

I won't wait either.:laugh2:
:lol:

retiredman
09-04-2008, 09:48 PM
so you admit that you called him a liar...where is your recant mfm? what was immature how this post? i asked you to prove one lie, then you insulted me as being uncivil for daring to ask your highness to support something. why did you say you called no one a liar in this thread when you know full well you did?

your loss because it only shows your unwillingness to be truthful. you made a claim that no one has questioned pmp on that thread, i did i post two, you know it, and refuse to acknowledge it. why?

I don't know it because I have not read it. As I said, I have you on ignore but, periodically, I open one of your posts to see if you have changed your ways and gotten any more civil or any more intelligent. If there are posts by you questioning PMP for calling Michelle Obama a slut, I have not read them.

I honestly didn't even consider that you might think that my using O'Liely as my name for Billo was accusing him of any LIE in this thread...I have called him that pretty much whenever I have referred to him ever since he DID lie about getting a Peabody award. I would think that such a LIE would be common knowledge and you would not feel compelled to ask me to prove it... it is part of who he IS... a bloviating gadfly who puffs up his own resume. Asking me to "prove" that is like asking me to prove that 2+2=4.

Yurt
09-04-2008, 09:55 PM
I don't now it because I have not read it. As I said, I have you on ignore but, periodically, I open one of your posts to see if you have changed your ways and gotten any more civil or any more intelligent. If there are posts by you questioning PMP for calling Michelle Obama a slut, I have not read them.

I honestly didn't even consider that you might think that my using O'Liely as my name for Billo was accusing him of any LIE in this thread...I have called him that pretty much whenever I have referred to him ever since he DID lie about getting a Peabody award. I would think that such a LIE would be common knowledge and you would not feel compelled to ask me to prove it... it is part of who he IS... a bloviating gadfly who puffs up his own resume. Asking me to "prove" that is like asking me to prove that 2+2=4.

i honestly don't care if you have me on ignore, in fact, do not ever open one of my posts. your false moral superiority in putting me on ignore is total bullshit. you have thrown as many, if not more, stones that i have. you call people on this site inbreds...and in the other thread you called me a liar outright and i had not even mentioned you in that thread...and you claim i am not civil...more lies preacher...and then you claim on was on ignore and i called you out and said you lied and then you finally admitted that yes, you read my posts. one point for honestly on that one...you have a long ways to go before you catch up

and where is your recant? another lie by the master liar...it does not matter what you THOUGHT, you said to show where you called someone a liar, i did, you refuse to recant when you promised to do so, you are a liar.

put me back on ignore as it is clear you cannot have a mature discussion with me and that you always resort to personal attacks. until you change your ways, it is best you ignore me because obviously i get the better of you and you get your panties in a bunch

coward...you go around insulting the vast majority of the board but claim you have me on ignore because i am not civil :laugh2: you're a pussy and can't debate me and are chicken because you know i am your intellectual superior

:dance:

Yurt
09-04-2008, 10:00 PM
MANFROMMAINE not at all. and you "see them" through beer goggles, it would seem. I guess, when you are an inbred redneck like you with butt ugly sisters, the idea of calling them beautiful seems foreign. I'm sorry about that. My two older sisters are both still quite attractive...AND smarter than you'll ever hope to be

so when i am civil like your example above, you will take me of ingore :lmao:

retiredman
09-04-2008, 10:03 PM
i honestly don't care if you have me on ignore, in fact, do not ever open one of my posts. your false moral superiority in putting me on ignore is total bullshit. you have thrown as many, if not more, stones that i have. you call people on this site inbreds...and in the other thread you called me a liar outright and i had not even mentioned you in that thread...and you claim i am not civil...more lies preacher...and then you claim on was on ignore and i called you out and said you lied and then you finally admitted that yes, you read my posts. one point for honestly on that one...you have a long ways to go before you catch up

and where is your recant? another lie by the master liar...it does not matter what you THOUGHT, you said to show where you called someone a liar, i did, you refuse to recant when you promised to do so, you are a liar.

put me back on ignore as it is clear you cannot have a mature discussion with me and that you always resort to personal attacks. until you change your ways, it is best you ignore me because obviously i get the better of you and you get your panties in a bunch

coward...you go around insulting the vast majority of the board but claim you have me on ignore because i am not civil :laugh2: you're a pussy and can't debate me and are chicken because you know i am your intellectual superior

Bill O'Liely is a liar and has been for YEARS. I was not accusing him of lying in this thread... I was merely using my long established nickname for him. If you want me to recant the fact that I accused him of lying by calling him O'Liely like I have for the past five years, fine. I recant just for your benefit, counselor. I bet your namby pamby nitpicking approach is a winner with juries, isn't it? :lol:

I still have you on ignore because of reasons we both know and have discussed ad infinitum in PM's. I will keep you on ignore, but will, I would assume, continue to read a post of yours every now and then to see if you have gotten any smarter, or any more civil. And the sad thing is, we both know that we have had scintillating debates in the past and could probably have more of them in the future...if there were not that one sticking point which you refuse to bend on. that's too bad, but it is the way it is. sorry.

Gaffer
09-04-2008, 10:07 PM

Everyone gets the better of him. You just take the time to do it repeatedly. I usually just stop reading his shit after about the third post as it is just repetitious lies, name calling and innuendos. He's fun to kick around for a little while but he's a boring ignorant little man. When your done playing with him be sure to wash your hands.

retiredman
09-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Everyone gets the better of him. You just take the time to do it repeatedly. I usually just stop reading his shit after about the third post as it is just repetitious lies, name calling and innuendos. He's fun to kick around for a little while but he's a boring ignorant little man. When your done playing with him be sure to wash your hands.

you're such a cool guy!:lol:

Yurt
09-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Bill O'Liely is a liar and has been for YEARS. I was not accusing him of lying in this thread... I was merely using my long established nickname for him. If you want me to recant the fact that I accused him of lying by calling him O'Liely like I have for the past five years, fine. I recant just for your benefit, counselor. I bet your namby pamby nitpicking approach is a winner with juries, isn't it? :lol:

I still have you on ignore because of reasons we both know and have discussed ad infinitum in PM's. I will keep you on ignore, but will, I would assume, continue to read a post of yours every now and then to see if you have gotten any smarter, or any more civil. And the sad thing is, we both know that we have had scintillating debates in the past and could probably have more of them in the future...if there were not that one sticking point which you refuse to bend on. that's too bad, but it is the way it is. sorry.

pm's...what are you talking about? you have said flat out that you have me on ignore because i insult you and am not civil, now, now, it is because i am not smart enough for you...and whatever else in pm

if i am civil like this, will you take me off ignore

MANFROMMAINE not at all. and you "see them" through beer goggles, it would seem. I guess, when you are an inbred redneck like you with butt ugly sisters, the idea of calling them beautiful seems foreign. I'm sorry about that. My two older sisters are both still quite attractive...AND smarter than you'll ever hope to be

:laugh2:

and i have never had a jury trial. if i did, there would be no need for me to speak to them as i speak to you, they are smarter and more civil than you. if one of them had your bigotry and told a flat out lie like you have, i prempt em for cause :laugh2:

until you can have a civil, honest discussion with me, don't bother replying. it is sad that it took so long for you to simply admit you called someone a liar...and it is hypocritical of you to whine about "winning" when in the thread about obama's bounce you went on and on and on and on about how right you were, demanding i answer, again and again...:poke: despite that obama's bounce has in fact faded.

Yurt
09-04-2008, 10:27 PM

true, i did ignore him for quite some time as he became boring. but i just couldn't resist lately :coffee: needed to kick a can down the street you know....

actually, i hoped he would change, i hate being an optomist

retiredman
09-04-2008, 10:31 PM
pm's...what are you talking about? you have said flat out that you have me on ignore because i insult you and am not civil, now, now, it is because i am not smart enough for you...and whatever else in pm

if i am civil like this, will you take me off ignore

:laugh2:

and i have never had a jury trial. if i did, there would be no need for me to speak to them as i speak to you, they are smarter and more civil than you. if one of them had your bigotry and told a flat out lie like you have, i prempt em for cause :laugh2:

until you can have a civil, honest discussion with me, don't bother replying. it is sad that it took so long for you to simply admit you called someone a liar...and it is hypocritical of you to whine about "winning" when in the thread about obama's bounce you went on and on and on and on about how right you were, demanding i answer, again and again...:poke: despite that obama's bounce has in fact faded.

you know why you are on ignore, yurt. don't act dumb. Like I said, we have had scintillating and intellectual debates in the past...and I would enjoy having them again in the future. the ball has always been in your court and you have consistently refused to make the necessary modifications in your posting behavior. Nothing I can do about that.

Yurt
09-04-2008, 10:36 PM
you know why you are on ignore, yurt. don't act dumb. Like I said, we have had scintillating and intellectual debates in the past...and I would enjoy having them again in the future. the ball has always been in your court and you have consistently refused to make the necessary modifications in your posting behavior. Nothing I can do about that.

no tell me, here in the open, don't be a pussy...you have told everyone here that you have me on ignore because i am not civil with you and that i am not smart enough for you...then i ask you what kind of civil, the kind that i quoted from you and i get nothing.

so man up and stop being a little coward

retiredman
09-04-2008, 10:38 PM
our private discussions will remain private. insulting me will not change that fact. you know full well why you are on ignore and you know full well what it would take to change that.

Yurt
09-04-2008, 10:43 PM
our private discussions will remain private. insulting me will not change that fact. you know full well why you are on ignore and you know full well what it would take to change that.

no what, i am all confused because you changed it and told everyone here that it is because i am not civil to you, which is a total lie as you are the one insulting me...you give as good as you get preacher man...

why are you still talking to me btw? i obviously have not done whatever it is you think you demanded of me...so why continue holding out for it, why not just admit you are chicken and can't hold a rational debate with me...

i challenge to a week with no insults. i won't insult you and you won't insult me. if either of us loses, they make a thread saying sorry. i don't think you can do it. if you like, lets have a week with no insults to anyone. your pick.

retiredman
09-04-2008, 10:49 PM
no what, i am all confused because you changed it and told everyone here that it is because i am not civil to you, which is a total lie as you are the one insulting me...you give as good as you get preacher man...

why are you still talking to me btw? i obviously have not done whatever it is you think you demanded of me...so why continue holding out for it, why not just admit you are chicken and can't hold a rational debate with me...

i challenge to a week with no insults. i won't insult you and you won't insult me. if either of us loses, they make a thread saying sorry. i don't think you can do it. if you like, lets have a week with no insults to anyone. your pick.
I am talking to you in this thread because I did open one of your posts and read it, and I replied to it. It seems only cordial that I not abandon that particular conversation. And you are not confused. You know what you would have to do and you refuse to do it. I will continue to keep you on ignore and I will continue to open your posts from time to time to see if there is any perceptible change in your style. This isn't about contests...it is about personal integrity and manners between you and me.

Yurt
09-04-2008, 10:55 PM
I am talking to you in this thread because I did open one of your posts and read it, and I replied to it. It seems only cordial that I not abandon that particular conversation. And you are not confused. You know what you would have to do and you refuse to do it. I will continue to keep you on ignore and I will continue to open your posts from time to time to see if there is any perceptible change in your style. This isn't about contests...it is about personal integrity and manners between you and me.

bullshit

you can't accept a challenge to not insult me, i told you this was not about what you claim, you're making it up...it is convenient for you to "have me on ignore" that way, you can claim you never read my posts where in i prove you wrong over an over.

i will not apologize for calling you a liar, i proved you were and you reneged on our pm. this is all public and you are still hung up on it. get over it. dude, how old are you? you call me a liar all the time but yet have me on ignore because i won't apologize for calling you one :laugh2:

like i said, you are afraid to debate me. if you weren't and if you were sincere to the folks here about me not being civil, you would have be a man and accepted an OLIVE BRANCH

theHawk
09-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Well Obama showed that he is completely and utterly incapable of admitting he was wrong. What an insult to the troops. What a scumbag.

Yurt
09-04-2008, 10:58 PM

no doubt I do get rough sometimes.... and many on here routinely call me on it, as my red reputation will attest.

but NO ONE on here ever admits to playing equally rough...that is the result of the slanted membership, I think

care to recant?

retiredman
09-04-2008, 11:00 PM
bullshit

you can't accept a challenge to not insult me, i told you this was not about what you claim, you're making it up...it is convenient for you to "have me on ignore" that way, you can claim you never read my posts where in i prove you wrong over an over.

i will not apologize for calling you a liar, i proved you were and you reneged on our pm. this is all public and you are still hung up on it. get over it. dude, how old are you? you call me a liar all the time but yet have me on ignore because i won't apologize for calling you one :laugh2:

like i said, you are afraid to debate me. if you weren't and if you were sincere to the folks here about me not being civil, you would have be a man and accepted an OLIVE BRANCH

you've never offered an olive branch yurt.... you've offered a challenge. I don't care to deal with you in thread after thread all over this board given our problem. sorry.

Yurt
09-04-2008, 11:00 PM
Well Obama showed that he is completely and utterly incapable of admitting he was wrong. What an insult to the troops. What a scumbag.

i don't have tv, what did i miss, i heard oreilly threw him weenie soft balls

Yurt
09-04-2008, 11:02 PM
you've never offered an olive branch yurt.... you've offered a challenge. I don't care to deal with you in thread after thread all over this board given our problem. sorry.

that is an olive branch

and YOU brought it up in this thread and the other threads, YOU keep bringing it up everytime you take me off ignore, dude, you're funny :laugh2:

leave me on ignore, you can't handle having only one week free of insults with me, that is how much you hate me

you see, you don't want peace or civility, you want war

wuss

retiredman
09-04-2008, 11:07 PM
that is an olive branch

and YOU brought it up in this thread and the other threads, YOU keep bringing it up everytime you take me off ignore, dude, you're funny :laugh2:

leave me on ignore, you can't handle having only one week free of insults with me, that is how much you hate me

you see, you don't want peace or civility, you want war

wuss

you are wrong. and realize that I have never taken you off "ignore". I have, on one or two occasions, read a post of yours and felt compelled to respond to it. Like in this thread.

Like I said, a contest is not an olive branch... it is a contest. If you want peace and civility and the opportunity to openly discuss topics across this board with me, you know what you need to do in order to make that happen. And if you DID, we could have discussions devoid of insults for as long as you would like to have them.

Yurt
09-04-2008, 11:10 PM
you are wrong. and realize that I have never taken you off "ignore". I have, on one or two occasions, read a post of yours and felt compelled to respond to it. Like in this thread.

Like I said, a contest is not an olive branch... it is a contest. If you want peace and civility and the opportunity to openly discuss topics across this board with me, you know what you need to do in order to make that happen. And if you DID, we could have discussions devoid of insults for as long as you would like to have them.

bull and you know it...i am done talking about this, i can't believe you keep dragging this board through your personal crap and hatred for me over and over...

why should i apologize for calling you a liar when you call me a liar all the time?

until you answer that, do not ever speak to me again, or else get rid of your high horse and discuss things like a rational adult, else keep me on full time ignore

theHawk
09-04-2008, 11:56 PM
i don't have tv, what did i miss, i heard oreilly threw him weenie soft balls

Well only a few minutes of the interview was aired. Bill is going to spread it out over several nights all the way into next week.

He pressed him about the surge. Obama tried to dodge the question with his usual "the war was a mistake from the begining" talking point, but Bill cut him off and made him answer about the surge itself. Obama actually admitted that it worked beyond anyone's expectations, and as Bill pressed to make Obama admit he was wrong on it, Obama refused. Obama was literally squirming in his seat.

The way he answered these questions showed that he has absolutely no faith in America's Armed Forces, and he doesn't have a fucking clue about warfare. It also showed a part of his personality that many of us have always suspected, he is completely incapable of saying he was wrong.

Its so apparent from watching him that he has been very, very sheltered during this campaign. He has made so many bumbling mistakes that his campaign managers have to keep him boxed away from the media now. Lets remember that McCain challenged him to a series of open townhall debates where he would face real tough questions from the crowd, and Obama being the intellectual coward that he is, refused. No one was ever vetting his guy, he has gotten a huge free pass from the media. If any of his idiotic mistakes had happened to any other candidate, they would had been finished.

-Cp
09-05-2008, 12:28 AM
One that that pissed me off was how Bill kept cutting him off all the time...

Gaffer
09-05-2008, 09:25 AM
One that that pissed me off was how Bill kept cutting him off all the time...

Bill always does that when the spinning starts.

The only thing I didn't like was that Bill is always trying to appear so neutral. There's a body language segment coming soon. Count on it.

I'll reserve judgment until I see all the interview.

This interview was set up to take away from McCain's night in the spotlight. It didn't work.

theHawk
09-05-2008, 10:28 AM
I don't see how people can look at the Obama bin Biden ticket and not see two slackjawed liberals who are in it for themselves. Michelle O and Barry are two liberal elites from the Ivy league who both became lawyers(i.e. professional liars). Biden is a failed politician who got caught plagiarizing.

Sitarro
09-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I don't know it because I have not read it. As I said, I have you on ignore but, periodically, I open one of your posts to see if you have changed your ways and gotten any more civil or any more intelligent. If there are posts by you questioning PMP for calling Michelle Obama a slut, I have not read them.

Do you even believe the shit you throw out, I'm embarrassed for you. I'm hoping that the dickhead you are is no reflection of the preparedness of the U.S. Navy, I'm sure they just stuck you somewhere where you couldn't screw anything up or embarrass them. You see, those that "served" with no distinction and actually made our military less able, don't get to hold up their service as anything but a waste of taxpayer money and that most surely is your case. Is there anyway we could help you run away to shit heaven south of the border?:fu:

namvet
09-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Looks like Obama is so desperate, he is finally going to accept the long standing invite to appear on the O'Reilly Factor

Now, will Obama accept Sean Hannity's open invitation?

Obama Met With Fox News Executives

By Howard Kurtz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, September 3, 2008; Page A22

ST. PAUL, Minn., Sept. 2 -- At a secret meeting with Barack Obama three months ago, Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes says, he tried to clear the air with the Democratic senator by saying that his organization was determined to be fair but would not be "in the tank" for Obama's campaign.

During the sit-down in a Waldorf-Astoria hotel suite in Manhattan that included Rupert Murdoch, the network's owner, Obama expressed concern about the way Fox was covering him. "I just wanted to know if I'm going to get a fair shake from Fox News Channel," Ailes recalled him saying.

"Senator, you're the one who boycotted us," Ailes says he replied. "We're not the ones who boycotted you. Nor did we retaliate for your boycott."

The meeting appears to have eased tensions between the two camps, which began when all the Democratic candidates, complaining that the network favors Republicans, refused to hold any primary-season debates on Fox. After resisting invitations for months, Obama now plans to appear on Bill O'Reilly's prime-time Fox program on Thursday, the night that John McCain delivers his acceptance speech at the Republican convention here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/02/AR2008090202730.html

Obama: Surge Succeeded Beyond ‘Wildest Dreams’

The troop surge in Iraq has been more successful than anyone could have imagined, Barack Obama conceded Thursday in his first-ever interview on FOX News’ “The O’Reilly Factor.”

As recently as July, the Democratic presidential candidate declined to rate the surge a success, but said it had helped reduce violence in the country. On Thursday, Obama acknowledged the 2007 increase in U.S. troops has benefited the Iraqi people.

uh oh. Bush did something right???? is Osama flipping and flopping again ????

source (source)

Sitarro
09-05-2008, 11:57 AM

What's the definition of is dickhead?

Yurt
09-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Obama: Surge Succeeded Beyond ‘Wildest Dreams’

uh oh. Bush did something right???? is Osama flipping and flopping again ????

source (source)

flip flopping is putting it mildly, i think the guy is an outright liar and gives lawyers a bad name...

namvet
09-05-2008, 01:12 PM
interview with O'Reilly

qJH2n4aFEhA

theHawk
09-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Palin came out today and slammed dunked Obama (again).
The Obama quote:

“I think that the surge has succeeded in ways that nobody anticipated,” Obama said while refusing to retract his initial opposition to the surge. “I’ve already said it’s succeeded beyond our wildest dreams.”

Palin slammed Obama today pointing out that there was someone who did believe it would work.... McCain.

I guess when you're wrong, its easier to make believe everyone else was wrong too!!

Way to go cokehead!!!

namvet
09-05-2008, 01:25 PM
I just don't see the war in the news much anymore. its like back on page 4 or 5. Iraq was his 1st promise. so now on the plan 2???? send troops to Afghanistan ????

namvet
09-05-2008, 01:26 PM
The Obama quote:

Palin slammed Obama today pointing out that there was someone who did believe it would work.... McCain.

I guess when you're wrong, its easier to make believe everyone else was wrong too!!

Way to go cokehead!!!

if ya run across a link please post it.............

Trigg
09-05-2008, 01:37 PM
It was an ok interview. I really thought O'Reilly would hit him with some harder questions. Maybe the next ones will be better.

theHawk
09-05-2008, 01:58 PM
if ya run across a link please post it.............

It was on the radio. Haven't seen it posted on the internet yet.

-Cp
09-05-2008, 02:03 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_753sLQQ8q8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_753sLQQ8q8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Gaffer
09-05-2008, 05:33 PM
The Obama quote:

Way to go cokehead!!!

Everyone was wrong on the surge. By the liberal definition that means they all lied.