PDA

View Full Version : Sex, lies and politics

gabosaurus
09-03-2008, 10:36 AM
In millions of families out there, talking about sex is still taboo. They don't want sex education in their schools and they don't want to discuss it at home. There is no mention of birth control or the consequences of unprotected sex.
When you combine this with absentee parenthood, when one or both parents work long hours and pretty much leave the older children to their own devices, it can have unsavory results. Such as teen pregnancy and drug/alcohol abuse.
Some parents will own up to their mistakes and embrace the child. Others will lie about it, or turn their backs and try to pretend it never happened.
If a political figure can't even make good decisions within their own family, why should I trust them to help run an entire country?
Sorry Dorothy, your not in Kansas (or Alaska) anymore. The men behind the curtain can only help you so much.

stephanie
09-03-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm busting a gut...:laugh2::alcoholic::cow:

MtnBiker
09-03-2008, 10:48 AM
That's odd, reading the o.p. reminded me of cleaning my yard of my labrador's huge craps before I mowed the yard last night.

gabosaurus
09-03-2008, 11:13 AM
That's odd, reading the o.p. reminded me of cleaning my yard of my labrador's huge craps before I mowed the yard last night.

So it's my fault that you are full of shit now? :p

mundame
09-03-2008, 11:30 AM
http://macg.net/emoticons/laughing4.gif

09-03-2008, 11:30 AM
on what planet is anything taboo?

theHawk
09-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Sounds to me like Gabby is still jealous, along with every other bitter liberal chick.

MtnBiker
09-03-2008, 11:36 AM
So it's my fault that you are full of shit now? :p

Nope, I took care of my yard, all that is left is the shit of the o.p. .

darin
09-03-2008, 11:37 AM
...it's cuz Palin is HOT.....AND successful. :) Lib chicks are threatened by those two things. :)

stephanie
09-03-2008, 11:38 AM
...it's cuz Palin is HOT.....AND successful. :) Lib chicks are threatened by those two things. :)

yep.

Sitarro
09-03-2008, 11:44 AM

And she has become successful even though she doesn't have an Ivy league education....... how is that possible?

stephanie
09-03-2008, 11:47 AM
And she has become successful even though she doesn't have an Ivy league education....... how is that possible?

and she had the NERVE to keep her special needs baby..they are afraid others might follow her lead, and bypass having that abortion..

mundame
09-03-2008, 11:55 AM

It's possible because standards are lower in Alaska, necessarily, since it's so far away from the U.S.A. Do they even HAVE a college in Alaska?

Palin had to go to school in Idaho. So at least she's SEEN the lower 48, if you consider Idaho in the lower 48.

She's not going to be up to snuff in cutthroat Washington, D.C. She may shoot moose in Alaska, but those Ivy League Congressmen in Washington will play her like a trout.

Sitarro
09-03-2008, 12:01 PM
It's possible because standards are lower in Alaska, necessarily, since it's so far away from the U.S.A. Do they even HAVE a college in Alaska?

Palin had to go to school in Idaho. So at least she's SEEN the lower 48, if you consider Idaho in the lower 48.

She's not going to be up to snuff in cutthroat Washington, D.C. She may shoot moose in Alaska, but those Ivy League Congressmen in Washington will play her like a trout.

You give Ivy League educations way too much credit. I'll take someone with a load of common sense that can think and solve problems over the best educated memorizer that can't figure a way to get out of the rain.

MtnBiker
09-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Disparaging two states, oh how wonderful, no tone of elitism there. :rolleyes:

Sitarro
09-03-2008, 12:06 PM

From Wikipedia........
"Palin attended Hawaii Pacific College—now known as Hawaii Pacific University—in Honolulu for a semester in 1982, majoring in Business Administration. She transferred in 1983 to North Idaho College. In 1987, Palin received a Bachelor of Science degree in communications-journalism from the University of Idaho, where she also minored in political science."

Do they teach something different at the colleges on the two coasts?

stephanie
09-03-2008, 12:07 PM

wow..stupidy knows no bounds..
talk about someone and schooling

darin
09-03-2008, 12:16 PM
What the hell does "Play her like a trout" mean? I mean...wha? How are trout played? Strings? Woodwinds? eh?

gabosaurus
09-03-2008, 12:19 PM
How do you play with your trout? Give us an insight. :p

mundame
09-03-2008, 12:27 PM
From Wikipedia........
"Palin attended Hawaii Pacific College—now known as Hawaii Pacific University—in Honolulu for a semester in 1982, majoring in Business Administration. She transferred in 1983 to North Idaho College. In 1987, Palin received a Bachelor of Science degree in communications-journalism from the University of Idaho, where she also minored in political science."

Do they teach something different at the colleges on the two coasts?

Different from these trades?

Yes, if you manage to get into one of the good schools, of course they do.

mundame
09-03-2008, 12:30 PM
wow..stupidy knows no bounds..
talk about someone and schooling

Maybe we'd better not talk about it with you, at least. Not tactful.

Sitarro
09-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Different from these trades?

Yes, if you manage to get into one of the good schools, of course they do.

So you're obviously the type that one learns about anything real in college....... I learned more about the business and reality of Architecture in 2 weeks working for an Architect than I did in 4 years majoring in Architecture.

mundame
09-03-2008, 12:52 PM
So you're obviously the type that one learns about anything real in college....... I learned more about the business and reality of Architecture in 2 weeks working for an Architect than I did in 4 years majoring in Architecture.

Very likely. I believe you.

mundame
09-03-2008, 12:53 PM
I didn't mean that as an insult, by the way. Experience in the real world is good.

09-03-2008, 03:12 PM
You give Ivy League educations way too much credit. I'll take someone with a load of common sense that can think and solve problems over the best educated memorizer that can't figure a way to get out of the rain.

I agree.

mundame
09-03-2008, 03:23 PM
I agree.

Plainly that's not ol' Palin, however, a person with "common sense enough to think and solve problems."

Her problems are so many and serious they are overwhelming the entire Republican campaign for president. And she hasn't managed to solve ANY of them. Everything just gets worse and worse.

Everything getting worse and worse is what we've already got in this country. We don't need anymore of it from a Prez Palin who can't even solve her family problems.

Abbey Marie
09-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Plainly that's not ol' Palin, however, a person with "common sense enough to think and solve problems."

Her problems are so many and serious they are overwhelming the entire Republican campaign for president. And she hasn't managed to solve ANY of them. Everything just gets worse and worse.

Everything getting worse and worse is what we've already got in this country. We don't need anymore of it from a Prez Palin who can't even solve her family problems.

Mundame, I thought you were one of our more reasonable posters, but for whatever reason, this pick has sent you off the deep end. The only person who seems "overwhelmed" by Gov. Palin is- - - you!

Do you understand that your wishing doesn't really make it so?

mundame
09-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Mundame, I thought you were one of our more reasonable posters, but for whatever reason, this pick has sent you off the deep end. The only person who seems "overwhelmed" by Gov. Palin is- - - you!

You are right, Abbey --- it HAS sent me off the deep end! Good description. I thought I'd given up on the election and didn't care anymore. I guess I hadn't quite.

09-03-2008, 04:18 PM

Everything that's bad in this country is specifically because of people following liberalism.

Gaffer
09-03-2008, 04:26 PM
You are right, Abbey --- it HAS sent me off the deep end! Good description. I thought I'd given up on the election and didn't care anymore. I guess I hadn't quite.

Do the liberal thing and give up. Stay home in bed on election day. Then on Nov 5th you can say "don't blame me, I didn't vote for him."

Silver
09-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Interesting......

In millions of families out there, talking about sex is still taboo. They don't want sex education in their schools and they don't want to discuss it at home. There is no mention of birth control or the consequences of unprotected sex.
When you combine this with absentee parenthood, when one or both parents work long hours and pretty much leave the older children to their own devices, it can have unsavory results. Such as teen pregnancy and drug/alcohol abuse.

Parents not doing their duty do cause some problems, thats true...you're not telling us anything new...but by the same token, teachers should not be taking the place of parents....its not their job and they may do even a poorer job than the indiferent parents..in other words, its none of their or your business.

Some parents will own up to their mistakes and embrace the child. Others will lie about it, or turn their backs and try to pretend it never happened.

If a political figure can't even make good decisions within their own family, why should I trust them to help run an entire country?

Now what the hell makes you believe a certain political figure did not make the "good decisions" within their own family....???
Who the fuck are you to determine what is a "good" decision?
How the fuck are you privy to what decisions were or were not made in this family?

Sorry Dorothy, your not in Kansas (or Alaska) anymore. The men behind the curtain can only help you so much.

Yeah, sorry Gabby...you ain't even in touch with reality anymore....you're more a loud mouth know it all bitch, that comes to conclusions with NO facts to actually back them up, you're just a common Dimocrat political hack