PDA

View Full Version : Susan Estrich Predicts 30% of Clinton Supporters Will Go McCain

crin63
09-03-2008, 10:37 AM
This morning, former Mike Dukakis Campaign Manager Susan Estrich says she surfed the blogs and what she found written about Sarah Palin is horrific and totally inappropriate.

Referring to the fact that the sexism in America is overt, she had this to say:

Estrich was asked: “Realistically speaking” How many of Hillary Clinton’s voters are in play for John McCain. Her answer: …..”about a third….30 % I would say”.

What they’re doing to her………..and I mean friends of yours and mine….what they’re saying, second guessing her prenatal care……..with her youngest child….. even going so far as to suggest she took unnecessary risks………..maybe she was even responsible for the Down’s Syndrome………this whole business of saying maybe she was covering up for her teenage daughter’s pregnancy….they are dumping all over the daughter…..I find it Really offensive….and I think a lot of women in particular….who ended up supporting Hillary because they were so offended by the sexism may well be offended by what they see as the piling on of Sarah Palin.

http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/09/02/susan-estrich-predicts-30-of-clinton-supporters-will-go-mccain/

I agree with Susan Estrich on this. There are not many Dims I respect but she is one that while I disagree with her most of the time is intellectually honest and not just a political hack.

mundame
09-03-2008, 11:23 AM
What they’re doing to her………..and I mean friends of yours and mine….what they’re saying, second guessing her prenatal care……..with her youngest child….. even going so far as to suggest she took unnecessary risks………..maybe she was even responsible for the Down’s Syndrome………this whole business of saying maybe she was covering up for her teenage daughter’s pregnancy….they are dumping all over the daughter…..I find it Really offensive….and I think a lot of women in particular….who ended up supporting Hillary because they were so offended by the sexism may well be offended by what they see as the piling on of Sarah Palin.

Sounds like Susan is mainly gasping, which is what she usually does.

She is NOT saying Hillary voters are going to vote for Palin! That wasn't anywhere in your quote.

Susan Estrich has taken 30 years off her face (should have done the neck, always such a mistake not to do the neck, too) but she hasn't taken 30 years off her mind and she's not fool enough to think that any woman at all who supported Hillary is likely to support this very peculiar hard-right Palin.

Estrich is just speaking for the Obama campaign, generally deploring all the rumors as they have carefully said they'll do.

While doubtless enjoying them all tremendously.

stephanie
09-03-2008, 11:24 AM
meow..:laugh2:

mundame
09-03-2008, 11:27 AM
meow..:laugh2:

Sure, but just remember, Stephanie, get the neck done, too.

Smooth 25-year-old face and a crepey, wrinkled, baggy neck? Gives the whole show away.http://macg.net/emoticons/smilebow.gif

stephanie
09-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Sure, but just remember, Stephanie, get the neck done, too.

Smooth 25-year-old face and a crepey, wrinkled, baggy neck? Gives the whole show away.http://macg.net/emoticons/smilebow.gif

I agree..poor Susan has had quite a few surgeries lately..which is the in thing it seems..but some of them come looking so scary.:cheers2:

mundame
09-03-2008, 11:39 AM
I agree..poor Susan has had quite a few surgeries lately..which is the in thing it seems..but some of them come looking so scary.:cheers2:

I guess they feel they have to if they are on TV a lot.

krisy
09-03-2008, 12:20 PM
This morning, former Mike Dukakis Campaign Manager Susan Estrich says she surfed the blogs and what she found written about Sarah Palin is horrific and totally inappropriate.

Referring to the fact that the sexism in America is overt, she had this to say:

Estrich was asked: “Realistically speaking” How many of Hillary Clinton’s voters are in play for John McCain. Her answer: …..”about a third….30 % I would say”.

http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/09/02/susan-estrich-predicts-30-of-clinton-supporters-will-go-mccain/

I agree with Susan Estrich on this. There are not many Dims I respect but she is one that while I disagree with her most of the time is intellectually honest and not just a political hack.

She is right,and they better listen. The sh*t slinging happening is going to backfire. Joe American sitting at home watching this stuff is going to get sick and tired of hearing it.

Some of the left looks no better than the tabloids right now. It just looks desperate and immature. It's disgusting. They remind me of mad dogs with rabies.

crin,I agree with you on Estrich. I don't agree with her almost all of the time,but she along with a few other Democratic commentators seem to be rational.