PDA

View Full Version : US women voters turned off by Palin's pick: poll

stephanie
09-03-2008, 12:02 PM
more media propaganda for the Democrat party..

1 hour, 4 minutes ago

ST PAUL, Minnesota (AFP) - Women voters remain unswayed by the Republican choice of anti-abortion, devout Christian Sarah Palin for vice president, according to a new poll released Wednesday.

White House hopeful John McCain electrified his party's conservative base by naming Palin, a 44-year-old mother of five and Alaska governor, as his running mate on Friday.

But 52 percent of voters polled in a survey for the women's activist group Emily's List said they would vote for the Democrat ticket of Barack Obama and his VP choice Joseph Biden, against 41 for the Republicans.

"If John McCain thought putting Sarah Palin on the ticket would be a game changer, he may have been right but not in the way he intended," said the group's president Ellen Malcolm.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080903/pl_afp/usvotewomen

EMILY's List (EL) is a political network that raises money early in the election cycle each year for Democratic, pro-choice, female candidates. The organizers of EL believe that providing such "early" funding gives its recipients greater public credibility and, consequently, access to more campaign contributions from a wide variety of sources. "EMILY" is an acronym standing for "Early Money Is Like Yeast (it makes the dough rise)."

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6344

gabosaurus
09-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Of course it is! The good (i.e. favorable) news is truth. The bad (i.e. unfavorable) is propaganda!! That is how right-wing politics work!

PostmodernProphet
09-03-2008, 12:32 PM
McCain to get 41% of women's votes?.....isn't that an INCREASE?......

yes....from August 6....

Obama garnered 49% to McCain's 38%, and 6% of these women said they were only leaning toward a candidate.

http://www.mylifetime.com/community/my-lifetime-commitment/ewc/new-poll-reveals-where-women-voters-stand-post-hillary

so he has an increase of 3 points....

Binky
09-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Of course it is! The good (i.e. favorable) news is truth. The bad (i.e. unfavorable) is propaganda!! That is how right-wing politics work!

And that's about how much experience Obama has also. :lame2:
Yea.....we're in for a crap storm. :poop:

mundame
09-03-2008, 12:57 PM
so he has an increase of 3 points....

But 52 percent of voters polled in a survey for the women's activist group Emily's List said they would vote for the Democrat ticket of Barack Obama and his VP choice Joseph Biden, against 41 for the Republicans.

McCain can increase all he wants ------------------

But if Obama has over 50%, he wins.

Push poll, though, I'd think ----- I wouldn't take that one seriously. Pretty radical group.

09-03-2008, 03:04 PM
I am so sick and tired of this assumption that women are liberal democrats. Women are not some monolithic voting block. There are women of hundrends of thousands of different shapes, sizes, views, and opinions.

Continue attacking Palin all you want. It's going to screw you guys.

mundame
09-03-2008, 03:24 PM

Continue supporting Palin all you want. It's going to lose you the election.

Yurt
09-03-2008, 03:29 PM
McCain can increase all he wants ------------------

But if Obama has over 50%, he wins.

Push poll, though, I'd think ----- I wouldn't take that one seriously. Pretty radical group.

you should read up on the electoral college system we have in this country, the popular vote does not always mean the candidate wins...just ask the 'profit' al gore

mundame
09-03-2008, 03:37 PM
you should read up on the electoral college system we have in this country, the popular vote does not always mean the candidate wins...just ask the 'profit' al gore

Yes, good point, I corrected myself in another thread. 50% is too close to be sure, as we know very well from 2000.

McCain is ahead in Ohio and Florida. Obama in Pennsylvania. As long as McCain keeps those two of the big-three states, he still has hope. (No one has ever won without two of the three.) If one of those states shifts and Obama still has over 50%, I'm gonna say that's pretty much it.

You realize, Yurt, that until this disastrous VP pick, a lot of people thought McCain still had a chance. Now we're singing dirges.

PostmodernProphet
09-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Now we're singing dirges.
true...the dems are singing dirges.....'cept they can't carry the tune....we had someone here a couple of day ago that said polls indicated "only" 9% of Obama voters were going to switch to McCain.....that ought to be just enough.....

Kathianne
09-03-2008, 04:20 PM
I am so sick and tired of this assumption that women are liberal democrats. Women are not some monolithic voting block. There are women of hundrends of thousands of different shapes, sizes, views, and opinions.

McCain/Palin should get the pregnant before vows vote!

Gadget (fmr Marine)
09-03-2008, 04:43 PM
If I had to venture a guess as an ametuer prognosticator, I would throw my hat in to the betting pool of a BIG bump for the McCain/Palin ticket after tonights speech by Mrs. Palin.

I would further infer by all the negative writings and rants by my more liberal fellow citizens, that they may very well feel a bit confused, and VERY concerned that the VP pick by the Republicans may have been the first of a few "death blows" to the candidacy of Obama/Biden.

I think that Biden was a great choice by the Obama camp, but it sounds like Sen Biden reeks of sexist old boy attitudes, as he keeps referring to looks, and appearances, rather than of actual platform, policies and substance.....

I am looking forward to hearing more from the mouth of Sarah Palin, and hope to make a decision regarding the election withi the next few weeks.

theHawk
09-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Libs are in an absolute frenzy over Palin. She is the anti-Christ to their black baby Jesus Hussein Obama.

09-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Libs are in an absolute frenzy over Palin. She is the anti-Christ to their black baby Jesus Hussein Obama.

The Anti-Obama.

bullypulpit
09-03-2008, 09:58 PM
sorry...audio wouldn't embed

AFbombloader
09-03-2008, 10:26 PM
more media propaganda for the Democrat party..

EMILY's List (EL) is a political network that raises money early in the election cycle each year for Democratic, pro-choice, female candidates. The organizers of EL believe that providing such "early" funding gives its recipients greater public credibility and, consequently, access to more campaign contributions from a wide variety of sources. "EMILY" is an acronym standing for "Early Money Is Like Yeast (it makes the dough rise)."

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6344

What would you expect from a group that raises money for DEMCRATIC, PRO-CHOICE, FEMALE candidates? This poll has no meaning outside of their group, who would not be expected to support her or the Republican ticket. It would be like polling the NRA and asking them who they would support.

AF:salute:

Gadget (fmr Marine)
09-03-2008, 10:59 PM
I stand by my previous statement even more now than before....the complimentary review by CNN is a bit unnerving.....the crowning of a new QUEEN?