PDA

View Full Version : Palin: Liberals' worst nightmare. A conserv they can't dismiss as an "amiable dunce"

Little-Acorn
09-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Every conservative since Hoobert Heever has been automatically written off by liberal fanatics (in and out of the press) as either a diabolical plotter or a doddering fool. This automatic classification has allowed the leftists to avoid examining the things the conservatives have actually done and their results, simply dismissing the conservative out of hand instead.

Now comes Sarah Palin, and bang goes any hope the libs have of prefunctorily dismissing her. Last night she showed the ability to come straight at them, and feed them their own words, while pointing out the differences between conserv and liberal policies ("will your job or small business be better off once my opponent puts a huge additional tax burden on them?" etc.). And all this with an engaging smile, charming humor that the media can't ignore or distract attention from, and no intention of changing her course.

The best part of her speech, was when she pointed out directly and publicly, that much of the media is the enemy, and that she's delightfully uninterested in their opinion of her. She even pointed out the difference between what the media does, and what "working for the good of the people of this great nation" is. I can't recall when they last had their noses so thoroughly (and publicly) rubbed in their own end product. And those remarks drew the loudest and longest applause of any that night.

That sound you hear is the libs staying up all night rewriting their attack plans, and the gnashing of teeth as they realize there is nothing more they can do. It's always been hard to refute the truth, and they have made do for years with ignoring or distorting it instead. Now that they can't any more, they are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Sorry, libbies, the 70-year party is drawing to a close, and soon you'll have to get your hat and coat, and leave. Please don't let the door hit you.....

:lol:

bullypulpit
09-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Sarah Palin read a speech, written by someone else, from a teleprompter, and she did it well. All it shows is that she can read a teleprompter without tripping over her own tongue unlike the current occupant of the Oval Office.

For a fact check of the speech she read, go <a href=http://justmoreofthesame.com/fact_check/26/fact-check-sarah-palin>HERE</a>.

theHawk
09-04-2008, 03:39 PM
The styrofoam columns of the Democratic party are collapsing!.

NightTrain
09-04-2008, 03:43 PM
So, Bully, what do you think about all the Hillary supporters tripping over themselves to support McCain / Palin?

bullypulpit
09-04-2008, 05:32 PM
So, Bully, what do you think about all the Hillary supporters tripping over themselves to support McCain / Palin?

It would indeed be something if they actually were. Yawn.:coffee:

theHawk
09-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Sarah Palin read a speech, written by someone else, from a teleprompter, and she did it well. All it shows is that she can read a teleprompter without tripping over her own tongue unlike the current occupant of the Oval Office.

For a fact check of the speech she read, go <a href=http://justmoreofthesame.com/fact_check/26/fact-check-sarah-palin>HERE</a>.

Actually, the telepropter broke, and she had to wing it. :poke:

April15
09-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Her speech was an excellent example of fear mongering. Very adolfish. No good can come of this McCain/Palin gop.

Mr. P
09-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Her speech was an excellent example of fear mongering. Very adolfish. No good can come of this McCain/Palin gop.

Yeah, I guess that hockey mom pit bull lipstick thing scared the shit outta most folks, Huh?:laugh2:

NightTrain
09-04-2008, 07:16 PM
It would indeed be something if they actually were. Yawn.:coffee:

Here you go, Slick.

http://www.hillaryclintonforum.net/discussion/showthread.php?t=26179

Read through the pages, this is pretty impressive.

theHawk
09-04-2008, 07:16 PM

Fear mongering is all the Dems have. 4 more years of Bush! Oh no the sky is falling!

The Dems banked on an Iraq failure, that didn't work. Now they're banking on a failed economy. All they can do now is scare every American into believing the Republicans will make every business go overseas and the cost of living so high no one could afford anything. They'd have you believe we are in a depression.

midcan5
09-04-2008, 07:27 PM
I don't think it is liberals who have a foe in Palin, I think it is America's role as a nation of intelligence and progress that should be on alert. Given her beliefs she fits well in the Dark Ages.

Wants creationism taught in schools
Supported bridge to nowhere
Outlaw abortion even in rape cases
Ignores the science of global warming
Wanted books banned
Used politcal office to fire foe

She was for the bridge before she was against it!

http://www.adn.com/sarahpalin/story/511471.html

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to destroy the beauty of Alaska and our coastlines.

Yurt
09-04-2008, 07:47 PM
I don't think it is liberals who have a foe in Palin, I think it is America's role as a nation of intelligence and progress that should be on alert. Given her beliefs she fits well in the Dark Ages.

Wanted books banned

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to destroy the beauty of Alaska and our coastlines.

some of those are lies midcan, no surprise from you

you support murdering a fetus if a woman kills it, but if a man kills it, it is murder, you can't have it both ways...you also support government censorship, in that, you support evolution but do not support a counter viewpoint, you support a government that takes away our freedom and knowledge and puts us back in the dark ages...

NightTrain
09-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Bully?

Don't run, be a stand up guy!

April15
09-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Fear mongering is all the Dems have. 4 more years of Bush! Oh no the sky is falling!

The Dems banked on an Iraq failure, that didn't work. Now they're banking on a failed economy. All they can do now is scare every American into believing the Republicans will make every business go overseas and the cost of living so high no one could afford anything. They'd have you believe we are in a depression.You have it wrong in that the repubs are claiming the dems will make business go over seas and make inflation more real than it is.
Iraq was a failure before it started. The profit from their oil was to pay for the war. Well I am still waiting to see any money come our way.
And the economy is not so much failing as it is being pushed down by the huge national debt, thanks to tax cuts and a war.

NightTrain
09-04-2008, 08:53 PM

Where did she say this?
Decided that AK can build it solo, without Fed support. We've got lots of money.
Outlaw abortion even in rape cases.
You'll have to prove this to me, Slick.
What science?
Wanted books banned
What books?
[COLOR="red"]That Trooper should have been shitcanned, if not jailed for his deeds. If someone beats up my sister or threatens my family, you can bet your ass I'll be doing something to counteract the threat.

I only wish that it was your sister he was abusing instead of Sarah's.

People sometimes change stances, the bridge is a good idea but the time isn't right.

Have you ever even been to Alaska, slick? Didn't think so. You've never been here, have never been a resident, so why are you trying to "preserve Alaska"?

Do all of us Alaskans a favor and regulate your own shithole of a State. Alaska is just fine without you.

April15
09-04-2008, 09:28 PM
I doubt any of us wish to go to Alaska but are concerned about her stances on issues that would affect the nation as a whole if elected. As for being to the great white north you can keep it.

NightTrain
09-04-2008, 10:00 PM
I doubt any of us wish to go to Alaska but are concerned about her stances on issues that would affect the nation as a whole if elected. As for being to the great white north you can keep it.

Many do, it's the armchair greenies that attempt to regulate Alaska from CA or ME that drive Alaskans nutty. Rather than concentrate their efforts on local issues, they seek to impose their uneducated views on Alaska. Very frustrating. Every election cycle sees millions spent from outside special interest groups on TV and Radio spots, and 90% are deliberately misleading to the point that the targeted industry has to respond with millions in educational ads to explain what the Outside ad is proposing, and once that's done it is soundly rejected.

80% of Alaskans are blue-collar, salt of the earth types and resent outside interference. Which is why Greenies resort to misleading politics - they know the only way to win something is to be misleading.

Sorry for the rant, but we're all sick of it.

MFM's concerns that he outlined are bogus at best, and driven from quick scans of tinfoil clad leftist bloggers. He won't answer my questions in the last page because there's no anwswers available to them. Like a typical liberal, he assumes what he reads on the 'net is truth, regardless of the source.

manu1959
09-04-2008, 10:04 PM

I doubt any of us wish to go to Illinois but are concerned about his stances on issues that would affect the nation as a whole if elected. As for being the motto State Sovereignty - National Union, pity he doesn't believe in it.....

stephanie
09-04-2008, 10:07 PM

who cares...as I said before, we could say the Obambam had brown eyes, and you all would call us a liar..

and did fact check dissect the Obambams speech for all the BIG WHITE lies he told?

NightTrain
09-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Still waiting on Midcan's response.

manu1959
09-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Still waiting on Midcan's response.

i hope you are a young man.........

NightTrain
09-04-2008, 11:27 PM
i hope you are a young man.........

LOL, not anymore, I'm afraid.... 37 is pretty damn old, according to my kids.

And I salute that smartass that repped me for pledging to wait, you know who you are :laugh2:

manu1959
09-04-2008, 11:37 PM
And I salute that smartass that repped me for pledging to wait, you know who you are :laugh2:

37 in alaska years......i am afraid your kids may be right.....:poke:

this of course is comming from a person that is 48 in califonia years.....and being a red dot in a sea of blue anger....i fear my days are numbered.....

Abbey Marie
09-05-2008, 12:23 AM

Now, who would do such a thing? :laugh2:

April15
09-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I guess that hockey mom pit bull lipstick thing scared the shit outta most folks, Huh?:laugh2:Only the republicans.

bullypulpit
09-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Here you go, Slick.

How's about some independent, objective information?

<center><a href=http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iYQV5v00aLCnUUTZpVfPejgbPeZQD930Q53G0>Most Clinton backers say Palin's too far a stretch</a></center>

bullypulpit
09-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I guess that hockey mom pit bull lipstick thing scared the shit outta most folks, Huh?:laugh2:

If Alaskan hockey moms look like pit-bulls wearing lipstick...Well let's just say their kids must be damned ugly.

stephanie
09-05-2008, 08:39 PM
If Alaskan hockey moms look like pit-bulls wearing lipstick...Well let's just say their kids must be damned ugly.

not any more ugly than a liberals heart..:dance:

April15
09-05-2008, 08:44 PM
not any more ugly than a liberals heart..:dance:Since when have liberals had a heart?

Mr. P
09-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Only the republicans.

Oh sure, that's why she has so much support..I guess yer confused about who's candidate she is.

Gaffer
09-06-2008, 06:57 AM
Since when have liberals had a heart?

They are also missing brains. But we are in agreement.

bullypulpit
09-06-2008, 07:32 AM
who cares...as I said before, we could say the Obambam had brown eyes, and you all would call us a liar..

and did fact check dissect the Obambams speech for all the BIG WHITE lies he told?

And just what would those be? Please provide a link. Don't worry, I'll provide them for you.

<a href=http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_obama.html>FactChecking Obama</a>

<a href=http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_mccain.html>FactChecking McCain</a>

Yurt
09-06-2008, 11:35 AM
And just what would those be? Please provide a link. Don't worry, I'll provide them for you.

<a href=http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_obama.html>FactChecking Obama</a>

<a href=http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_mccain.html>FactChecking McCain</a>

why don't you try being honest...she asked about your link, NOT fact check.org...nice try, but we aren't blind sheep like most libs

your link:

http://justmoreofthesame.com/fact_check/26/fact-check-sarah-palin

strange, it is not the same as you tried to pass off :poke:

April15
09-06-2008, 03:11 PM
They are also missing brains. But we are in agreement.We have good ears but the repubs don't. When someone called out for brains the repubs thought trains and didn't get any.

KitchenKitten99
09-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Actually that state is on my "to visit one of these days" list. Problem is that England and Ireland and Australia are at the top right now. However I am thinking a nice Alaskan cruise might be nice when the kids are older.

April15
09-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Actually that state is on my "to visit one of these days" list. Problem is that England and Ireland and Australia are at the top right now. However I am thinking a nice Alaskan cruise might be nice when the kids are older.Fort Richardson is nice place to visit. Anchorage was a nice place when I saw it. The lower peninsula is better. Don't forget Vancoover Island in BC on your cruise.

CatalystOfChaos
09-06-2008, 06:07 PM

The Dems banked on an Iraq failure, that didn't work. Now they're banking on a failed economy. All they can do now is scare every American into believing the Republicans will make every business go overseas and the cost of living so high no one could afford anything. They'd have you believe we are in a depression.

You're right on the money.

Fearmongering goes both ways.

Disagree with Bush, you're a disloyal terrorist. Oh and btw, we're tapping all your phones. And you can't stop us.

Disagree with Dems, and you'll get more Bush. Even though McCain/Palin are nothing like Bush/Cheney in their past voting records and choices. And McCain can speak publically without calling into question his IQ.

NightTrain
09-07-2008, 01:21 AM
How's about some independent, objective information?

You know, BullyBoy, I'll take the words from actual former Hillary supporters anyday over stories and polls.

That 600+ post thread has to scare the shit out of you. It sure makes me feel warm & fuzzy, especially when so many indicated they were breaking out the old checkbook to help out your good friend and mine, the lovely Sarah Palin.

I spotted several posts from other former Democrat supporters saying they were tired of the "Moonbat" liberals (that would be you, young Bully) in that very thread!

Congrats on doing your part to doom Obama's shot at the bigtime, and keep up the good work.

Just think : That's only one of the many many sites for Hillary supporters.:coffee:

NightTrain
09-07-2008, 01:29 AM
Fort Richardson is nice place to visit. Anchorage was a nice place when I saw it. The lower peninsula is better. Don't forget Vancoover Island in BC on your cruise.

Fuzzy, no one outside of the Military visits Ft. Rich.

Shoot me a line before planning your trip and I'll steer you in the direction you want to go when you head this way. My wife and I have been giving tours of the State to family and friends for 20 years now.

KitchenKitten99
09-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Fuzzy, no one outside of the Military visits Ft. Rich.

Shoot me a line before planning your trip and I'll steer you in the direction you want to go when you head this way. My wife and I have been giving tours of the State to family and friends for 20 years now.

I will remember to do that. I want to go on a whale watch and see the orcas and then maybe trout/salmon fishing. I don't know what my husband would want to do other than that.

Our next family vacation will be in Spring 2010, to Orlando, Universal Studios to go to the opening of the Harry Potter world they're building. My 5yo heard about it on the news one night and has been bugging me about it ever since. I was planning to take us anyway, as a surprise for the kids, but now he knows about it. He wants me to buy him an owl that looks like Hedwig in 'Hogsmeade'... :laugh:

midcan5
09-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Mean spirited dunce is more accurate.

Someday a child will ask why did you allow them to destroy the earth. A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against Polar bears.

red states rule
09-08-2008, 07:34 AM
Mean spirited dunce is more accurate.

Someday a child will ask why did you allow them to destroy the earth. A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against Polar bears.

I do love watching the left in total disary

Gov Palin has energized this election, and will not only bring conservatives back to the Republican side, but also Independents and Reagan Democrats - now called Palin Democrats

The left, which wraps itself in a cloak of deception are being driven mad by Gov Plain's down to Earth personality. Like Ronald Reagan, the left does not have a clue how to counter her

The hockey mom took a slap shot and drove the puck down the throats of the left

midcan5
09-08-2008, 01:04 PM
The left, which wraps itself in a cloak of deception are being driven mad by Gov Plain's down to Earth personality. Like Ronald Reagan, the left does not have a clue how to counter her

With Reagan that was easy they hide his clue cards and the meeting was over, Palin is harder as you won't see much of her outside of scripted contrived scenes, she is too much of a liability for them to trust her alone. Could you just see her calling Blacks Sambo or talking about how she'll help endtime along?

SpidermanTUba
09-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Worse nightmare? Are you kidding? She's a gift from God!
She's a secessionist, ran the budget of her pissant small town into the ground and left it with 19 million dollars in debt that didn't exist before, and wants the world to praise her family for choosing life while hypocritically wanting to deny the rest of the world any choice at all.

Sitarro
09-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Here you go, Slick.

Wow, that is a serious eye opener!:clap::clap::clap:

Sitarro
09-08-2008, 02:11 PM

What a fool you are. I plan to take numerous trips to our most beautiful state, especially now.

Sitarro
09-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Worse nightmare? Are you kidding? She's a gift from God!
She's a secessionist, ran the budget of her pissant small town into the ground and left it with 19 million dollars in debt that didn't exist before, and wants the world to praise her family for choosing life while hypocritically wanting to deny the rest of the world any choice at all.

More idiocy and lies from the resident dipshit, you're still here, I figured you would have taken off yesterday like a good Nawlins chicken shit. I think the next Hurricane should be named Sarah, that would be fitting, she'll make all the liberals jerks run for higher ground.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

AllieBaba
09-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Only a rabid leftwing nutjob could turn "choosing life" into a bad thing. And I think actually the laws against murder are denying certain people the "choice" of killing....so why don't you complain about that? Shouldn't you have the "choice" to kill those you want? I mean, isn't that what it's all about?

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 05:25 PM

When Sitarro comes up, we're going to kill a Polar Bear just for you.

I've already got a theme in mind, I think around it's neck we'll hang a sign that says "For you, Midcan5" for the mandatory after-kill photo.

I'll be sure to toast that new rug every time I log on here.

April15
09-08-2008, 05:42 PM
What a fool you are. I plan to take numerous trips to our most beautiful state, especially now.You don't need to come to California!

AllieBaba
09-08-2008, 05:55 PM
I wish Cali would secede. I think that would be wonderful. Then we wouldn't have to be embarassed by you guys anymore.

April15
09-08-2008, 07:09 PM
I wish Cali would secede. I think that would be wonderful. Then we wouldn't have to be embarassed by you guys anymore.Most of Californians feel the same. You don't by chance know how to get a secede thing going?

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Most of Californians feel the same. You don't by chance know how to get a secede thing going?

Send a postcard to Fidel. I'm sure he's got the moxie to take you Commies under his wing.

Kathianne
09-08-2008, 09:25 PM

Wanted books banned

Not exactly, from the Alaska Democrats Website:

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:szpJxaSZwiMJ:www.retireted.com/real-estate/gravina-bridge/ted-earmarked-funds-for-bridge-that-goes-nowhere/&#43

* Lisa Murkowski
* Don Young
* Don's Way

* A statewide poll conducted Sept. 17-18, 2007 shows more Alaskans are more unlikely than likely to vote for Sen. Stevens.
* Click here to read more.

Ted Earmarked Funds for Bridge that Goes Nowhere

* Stevens championed proposed bridge near Ketchikan that became national symbol of wasteful spending
* Sen. Murkowski’s family would benefit personally from the bridge
* State of Alaska killed bridge

The proposed Gravina Island Bridge, also known as the “Bridge to Nowhere,” became a national symbol of wasteful congressional spending and driver of earmark reform. On Sept. 21, 2007, the State of Alaska officially abandoned the controversial project.

The Gravina Island Bridge initially received $223 million in 2005 via earmarks by Alaska Senators Ted Stevens and Lisa Murkowski. The bridge would have connected Ketchikan, Alaska with its local airport on nearby Gravina Island (population 50). Congress stripped the earmark after a national uproar about it but appropriated the money anyway for unspecified transportation uses. Former Gov. Frank Murkowski’s administration set aside about $113 million of the appropriation for the Ketchikan bridge. However, Gov. Sarah Palin said the $398 million bridge was $329 million short of full funding, and only $36 million in federal funds were set aside for it. She said it was clear Congress had little interest in spending any more money for it and that the state had higher priorities.
On Oct. 20, 2005, Ted threatened to resign from the Senate if lawmakers took away money allocated for the Gravina Island Bridge and the Knik Arm Bridge and redirected it to Hurricane Katrina repairs in Louisiana. The attempt to redirect the bridge money was defeated, but Congress later removed the earmarks after intense public criticism.

If the bridge were built, the family of Sen. Lisa Murkowski would benefit. Murkowski’s mother Nancy, wife of former Gov. Frank Murkowski, is co-owner with her three siblings of a 35-acre parcel of land on Gravina Island. The plot is valued at $245,000 and is within a mile of the bridge’s western end. While critics charge that the bridge would increase the value of their property, the Murkowski family has taken umbrage at any suggestion of impropriety. Murkowski called her family’s undeveloped Gravina parcel “a worthless piece of property.”

Kathianne
09-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Not exactly, from the Alaska Democrats Website:

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:szpJxaSZwiMJ:www.retireted.com/real-estate/gravina-bridge/ted-earmarked-funds-for-bridge-that-goes-nowhere/+

and here we really do have an instance of hypocrisy, according to the definition. These men are attacking Palin of the Bridge to Nowhere, when they voted to fund it, twice? :laugh2:

http://www.cdobs.com/archive/our-columns/obama-and-biden-voted-for-bridge-to-nowhere,1628/

Obama and Biden Voted for Bridge to Nowhere
By John Powers, Chicago Daily Observer
Posted in Our Columns on August 31, 2008 with 19 comments.
tags: Earmarks Finance

Now that Alaska is front and center in the news again, it is a good time to catch up on a favorite story, The Bridge to Nowhere, using the Washington Post US Congress Votes Database.

Though Gov. Palin originally supported the earmark spending on the Ketchikan bridge (“to nowhere), she eventually killed the project, chosing to spend Federal money on other infrasturcture programs.

However, Sen. Biden and Sen. Obama voted for funding the Bridge, even when given a second chance by Sen. Tom Coburn, who proposed shifting earmark funds to Katrina relief.

Sen. McCain did not vote on the Coburn Amendment, though he is on record as opposing the Ketchikan bridge earmark.

Link to votes record below.