PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin "winged" her speech when teleprompter malfunctioned

Little-Acorn
09-04-2008, 11:01 AM
This woman is looking more and more formidable.

--------------------------------

http://www.redstate.com/diaries/redstate/2008/sep/04/breaking-sarah-palin-winged-her-speech-bec/

BREAKING: Sarah Palin "Winged" Her Speech Because of "Broken" Teleprompter

Posted by: Erick Erickson
Thursday, September 4, 2008 at 01:00AM

Halfway through Sarah Palin's speech tonight at the RNC, people following the speech noticed she was deviating from the prepared text.

According to sources close to the McCain campaign, the teleprompter continued scrolling during applause breaks. As a result, half way through the speech, the speech had scrolled significantly from where Governor Palin was in the speech. The malfunction also occurred during Rudy Giuliani's speech, explaining his significant deviations from his speech.

Unfazed, Governor Palin continued, from memory, to deliver her speech without the teleprompter cued to the appropriate point in her speech.

Contrast this to Barack Obama who, when last his teleprompter malfunctioned, was left stuttering before a crowd unable to advance his speech until the problem was resolved.

Sarah Palin. Winner.

09-04-2008, 11:58 AM
I think she should be the one debating Obama lol.

stephanie
09-04-2008, 12:04 PM
If the Obambam had lost his teleprompter, all we would of heard....

well uh uh uh uh well uh uh uh uh well:coffee:

PostmodernProphet
09-04-2008, 12:44 PM
there was another time she deviated from the teleprompter....and I think it will turn into a theme for the campaign......pitbulls with lipstick.....

Trigg
09-04-2008, 12:59 PM
I didn't stay up to watch the speech, but I read it today.

I'd say it was excellent, especially if it was from memory.

We've all seen Obama um.....ah..... his way through an answer when there's nothing written down for him.

Makes me wonder how he'll look on O'Reilly tonight. My guess, he'll look like the inexperienced dipshit he is.

-Cp
09-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Looks like Restate.com has it wrong - it didn't malfunction:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0908/The_teleprompter_did_not_break.html