PDA

View Full Version : What a touching moment

Sitarro
09-04-2008, 12:11 PM
This short clip was amazing. During her mother's amazing speech last night, 7 year old Piper, oblivious to the camera on her, shows the real love for her little brother that only a great mother can teach her daughter. I saw it during the speech and was blown away at what I had just seen....... one of the most real moments ever at a political convention.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=167443

Abbey Marie
09-04-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm glad you brought that up. Wish I could rep you for it. A young child cannot fake that kind of affection, and it can only come form being raised in a loving home, where she is being taught by example that that baby is a child of God and worthy of as much love as any other baby.

I loved Sarah's comment about the baby. It was something like a special needs child brings out a special kind of love. And to think there are people on this board who condemned her for having that baby.

PostmodernProphet
09-04-2008, 12:36 PM
I got a lot of good laughs out of Palin's comments about Obama, but the laugh I got when they showed her doing that was worth the lot of them.....

Nukeman
09-04-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm glad you brought that up. Wish I could rep you for it. A young child cannot fake that kind of affection, and it can only come form being raised in a loving home, where she is being taught by example that that baby is a child of God and worthy of as much love as any other baby.

I loved Sarah's comment about the baby. It was something like a special needs child brings out a special kind of love. And to think there are people on this board who condemned her for having that baby.
Took care of that for you Abbey! I couldn't agree more this shows the type of home these children are raised in, there is no way to coach that type of behavior in a 7 year old......:clap:

Abbey Marie
09-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Took care of that for you Abbey! I couldn't agree more this shows the type of home these children are raised in, there is no way to coach that type of behavior in a 7 year old......:clap:

Thank you!

darin
09-04-2008, 12:49 PM
I took care of that for ya, too...abbey...lol :)

Sitarro
09-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks you guys, I'm glad you agree. I was in a break room watching this speech last night, lucky that we were able to push out a flight early, and when this appeared on the screen you had a room full of tough, macho guys all melting in their seats. The speech was a huge success with all the guys I watched it with, all hard working salt of the earth types.

manu1959
09-04-2008, 01:21 PM

those people are selfish....they come first...their needs come first.....it is why they are pro- choice.....it is so they can always choose their needs first.....

darin
09-04-2008, 03:23 PM
they come first......

Just like women...with me.

:D

(sorry...really...)

OCA
09-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Was the promiscuous prego daughter there? Or is Mrs. Wasilla gonna keep her sequestered in the tundra because of the embarassment?

Abbey Marie
09-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Was the promiscuous prego daughter there? Or is Mrs. Wasilla gonna keep her sequestered in the tundra because of the embarassment?

She was introduced by mom on stage, holding the hand of her husband-to-be.

OCA
09-04-2008, 03:29 PM
She was introduced by mom on stage, holding the hand of her husband-to-be.

Oh thats awesome! Maybe she has a crackhead in the family too that she can parade out for us.

The hypocricy is too much to bear.

Yurt
09-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Oh thats awesome! Maybe she has a crackhead in the family too that she can parade out for us.

The hypocricy is too much to bear.

what hypocrisy?

OCA
09-04-2008, 04:02 PM
what hypocrisy?

The woman has been championing family values for all her political life and lo and behold she can't even keep her own nest in order.

Abbey Marie
09-04-2008, 04:14 PM
The woman has been championing family values for all her political life and lo and behold she can't even keep her own nest in order.

Gotta disagree with you, O. Things happen in the heat of the moment to the best of us.

And if Gov. Palin hadn't been championing family values, her daughter may very well have had an abortion. Instead, she is getting married to her boyfriend/the father, and giving the child life. I, and most others, call that a win.

darin
09-04-2008, 04:18 PM
You have kids, OCA - you know the deal. What kids do, they do. In fact, I'd say just about EVERY Pastor's kid I've met rebelled somehow.

OCA
09-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Gotta disagree with you, O. Things happen in the heat of the moment to the best of us.

And if Gov. Palin hadn't been championing family values, her daughter may very well have had an abortion. Instead, she is getting married to her boyfriend/the father, and giving the child life. I, and most others, call that a win.

What a waste of a young life. Even though I agree with you that raising the child is the best we both know that eventually she's gonna wonder what happened those youthful years. I give the marriage two yrs at the most.

OCA
09-04-2008, 04:20 PM
You have kids, OCA - you know the deal. What kids do, they do. In fact, I'd say just about EVERY Pastor's kid I've met rebelled somehow.

Rebellion is one thing but she didn't exactly go and get a mohawk did she? Like it or not our kids behavior reflects directly upon us.

Yurt
09-04-2008, 04:22 PM

:clap:

Sitarro
09-05-2008, 02:38 AM
Rebellion is one thing but she didn't exactly go and get a mohawk did she? Like it or not our kids behavior reflects directly upon us.

What happened to you OCA, what has caused you to become such a negative ass.

I will put my parents up against any others, they raised six kids as a single income family, my Father's military paycheck as a Captain, Major and finally a Bird Colonel in the U.S. Air Force. When my mother wasn't sewing clothes for us, cleaning our house for us, cooking some of the finest food I will ever eat for us...... while we were at school, she was visiting folks in retirement homes to cut their hair, to converse with the lonely and still getting back home to greet us when we returned. My parents were married 57 years and it took my father's death for them to part, my Mother is still married to him and him alone till she the day she dies.

They were great role models and raised 3 airline Captains, a musician, an accountant and me, an illustrator and photographer. We were raised in the Catholic church, I was an altar boy and yet when I was in my Junior Year of High School, 16-17 years old, I fell madly in love with my first girlfriend and within a year we too were making love with each other. Her upbringing was very much like mine but it didn't matter, we were in high school and all grown up and could think for ourselves, it really didn't matter what our parents thought, we were in love forever. There were a couple of times when we thought she could be pregnant, she wasn't, maybe we were lucky maybe not.

The point is, no parent, no matter how good, no matter how hard they try have total control of their children....... how would they grow into adults if they did. My parents trusted that they had done their best and finally let me go to start my adult life, I was always warned that I could get my ass kicked out of their house if I did wrong, but I really didn't believe that...... I knew they loved me and would forgive almost anything.

Your final line is bullshit if you are talking about high school kids, there may be some truth if you are speaking about what they become as adults. Still, Bristol Palin could have gotten rid of her"problem" and would have been done with it but she didn't, like her mother. She also obviously went to her mother with the news, trusting that she and her father would still love her, no matter what....... that is the sign of a great parent, instilling in your child that they are loved........ no matter what.

I'm done.

NightTrain
09-05-2008, 03:04 AM
Yeah, OCA, you are out of line.

You know, and I know that 17 year olds have sex. I certainly did, and the vast majority of kids in 1989 did, too. In Wasilla High School, no less!

Get off your high horse, dude, I'm quite certain that when you were 17 you were trying to get laid. Like it or not, that's what late-teens are thinking, and it's always been that way.

A few times my girlfriend and I thought she was pregnant, but turned out to be false alarms. We were always very careful, but mistakes happen. A broken condom can be a very sobering sight.

The fact that I was having sex with their daughter doesn't mean that her Mom and Dad were bad parents; it was a normal teenage urge. Her Dad was another local Wasilla polititian that you'll never hear about, and devoutly Catholic.

My 17 year old daughter is sexually active as well, I found this out recently after asking my wife.

Do I like it? Nope, not one bit.

Do I run around like a loon threatening to blow his balls off with my 12 gauge? Nope. Wouldn't change anything if I did, and you have to know this as well. Young adults will do what they do, and there's not a damn thing you can do at that age. If you think you can, you're full of shit and will ruin your relationship permanently with your daughter.

All you can do is treat that 17 year old with respect, and impress on her how important it is to remain... unpregnant. (new word for me, I'll patent that one)

Palin has as much control on her daughter as I do, or any other parent of a 17 year old, which is virtually none. You can suggest, urge, cajole and nudge, but they will ultimately do what they will do.

As I did.

The fact that she got pregnant was obviously something that wasn't planned by Bristol, as far as I know no 17 year old tries to get pregnant unless they're mentally unbalanced.

My girlfriend could have easily been knocked up by yours truly several times a week back in the day, and her parents had nothing to say about what was going on - they didn't have the power to stop it and were realists enough to realize it.

Get off your high horse, this position you've taken is silly.

IrishCop
09-05-2008, 06:18 AM
My experiences are similar to Sitarro and NightTrain, and I graduated high school in 1973. My father was also career USAF and my mother a stay at home mom. I knew that pre-marital sex was a no-no according to my folks, but at 17 they could have chained me to a very large rock in my bedroom and I still would've found a way to get laid. As for my kids, both my daughters were married before either got pregnant, but that was a combination of luck and open lines of communication. My wife and I decided to provided them both with birth control once they became sexually active, and wife's relationship with both of them made her approachable. And luck because I know their first experiences were a combination of heat and opportunity, like mine, and without the benefit of appropriate "protection". As for us "hypocritical conservatives", we say it's better to wait until marriage (and it is!), but we know that is a lofty goal, which a lot of us will not be able to meet. It's how they handle the results of their actions that count, and Gov Palin's family is doing just fine in that regard.

By the way, I was 36 before I counted the months between my parents anniversary and my birthday. Let's just say I was a little "premature."

midcan5
09-05-2008, 07:28 AM
OCA, You and I would probably agree on few things but I respect your honesty. You are rare among this crowd.

Having a child is maybe the biggest act of one's life and it is a full time job. I was babysitting over the weekend and thought back on how it changes your life, it is no longer about you but about them. Everyone makes mistakes but mistakes are hardly bragging material.

Nukeman
09-05-2008, 07:31 AM
OCA, You and I would probably agree on few things but I respect your honesty. You are rare among this crowd.

Having a child is maybe the biggest act of one's life and it is a full time job. I was babysitting over the weekend and thought back on how it changes your life, it is no longer about you but about them. Everyone makes mistakes but mistakes are hardly bragging material.Who is bragging??? Did Gov. Palin bring this to light???? NO the liberal media did. I am assuming from your post here that you feel that Gov. Palin is shirking her responsiblities as a parent by holding office, is that your intent???

Immanuel
09-05-2008, 07:46 AM

Having a child is maybe the biggest act of one's life and it is a full time job. I was babysitting over the weekend and thought back on how it changes your life, it is no longer about you but about them. Everyone makes mistakes but mistakes are hardly bragging material.

Who is bragging??? Did Gov. Palin bring this to light???? NO the liberal media did. I am assuming from your post here that you feel that Gov. Palin is shirking her responsiblities as a parent by holding office, is that your intent???

Nukeman is right on this one, Midcan.

This entire issue was brought about by leftwing bloggers who tried to use Gov. Palin's beliefs against her. They attacked her for not aborting a Downs Syndrome child and/or claiming it was her child when they claimed it was her 17 year old daughters. My Lord that in itself seems impossible to believe. Why would anyone attack another person for choosing not to have an abortion?

I've known a few children who are afflicted with Downs Syndrome and to tell you the truth those children are some of the most loving (and loved) children on earth.

Governor Palin didn't bring this issue to light. The Republican Party didn't bring this issue to light. It was the supporters of Barack Obama who attempted to use this child against her. Hopefully, and apparently, without Barack Obama's knowledge or approval.

Immie

darin
09-05-2008, 07:55 AM
I thought I'd figured out how to keep the boys away from my daughter - we'd never potty-train her. Then i figured....man...then only the REALLY CREEPY guys would go for her. :(

OCA
09-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Yeah, OCA, you are out of line.

You know, and I know that 17 year olds have sex. I certainly did, and the vast majority of kids in 1989 did, too. In Wasilla High School, no less!

Get off your high horse, dude, I'm quite certain that when you were 17 you were trying to get laid. Like it or not, that's what late-teens are thinking, and it's always been that way.

A few times my girlfriend and I thought she was pregnant, but turned out to be false alarms. We were always very careful, but mistakes happen. A broken condom can be a very sobering sight.

The fact that I was having sex with their daughter doesn't mean that her Mom and Dad were bad parents; it was a normal teenage urge. Her Dad was another local Wasilla polititian that you'll never hear about, and devoutly Catholic.

My 17 year old daughter is sexually active as well, I found this out recently after asking my wife.

Do I like it? Nope, not one bit.

Do I run around like a loon threatening to blow his balls off with my 12 gauge? Nope. Wouldn't change anything if I did, and you have to know this as well. Young adults will do what they do, and there's not a damn thing you can do at that age. If you think you can, you're full of shit and will ruin your relationship permanently with your daughter.

All you can do is treat that 17 year old with respect, and impress on her how important it is to remain... unpregnant. (new word for me, I'll patent that one)

Palin has as much control on her daughter as I do, or any other parent of a 17 year old, which is virtually none. You can suggest, urge, cajole and nudge, but they will ultimately do what they will do.

As I did.

The fact that she got pregnant was obviously something that wasn't planned by Bristol, as far as I know no 17 year old tries to get pregnant unless they're mentally unbalanced.

My girlfriend could have easily been knocked up by yours truly several times a week back in the day, and her parents had nothing to say about what was going on - they didn't have the power to stop it and were realists enough to realize it.

Get off your high horse, this position you've taken is silly.

I got laid, I got laid like there was no tommorrow, difference being I kept the johnson wrapped.

You've misunderstood my position, one my position is is that she is not qualified or ready for the job until she gets her own affairs in order. Secondly, we all know that in presidential pllitics you do not choose people with these kinds of skeletons in their closets, the fact that Johnny Lib did choose goes a long way to show that the old lib ain't right in the head.

OCA
09-05-2008, 04:02 PM
What happened to you OCA, what has caused you to become such a negative ass.

I will put my parents up against any others, they raised six kids as a single income family, my Father's military paycheck as a Captain, Major and finally a Bird Colonel in the U.S. Air Force. When my mother wasn't sewing clothes for us, cleaning our house for us, cooking some of the finest food I will ever eat for us...... while we were at school, she was visiting folks in retirement homes to cut their hair, to converse with the lonely and still getting back home to greet us when we returned. My parents were married 57 years and it took my father's death for them to part, my Mother is still married to him and him alone till she the day she dies.

They were great role models and raised 3 airline Captains, a musician, an accountant and me, an illustrator and photographer. We were raised in the Catholic church, I was an altar boy and yet when I was in my Junior Year of High School, 16-17 years old, I fell madly in love with my first girlfriend and within a year we too were making love with each other. Her upbringing was very much like mine but it didn't matter, we were in high school and all grown up and could think for ourselves, it really didn't matter what our parents thought, we were in love forever. There were a couple of times when we thought she could be pregnant, she wasn't, maybe we were lucky maybe not.

The point is, no parent, no matter how good, no matter how hard they try have total control of their children....... how would they grow into adults if they did. My parents trusted that they had done their best and finally let me go to start my adult life, I was always warned that I could get my ass kicked out of their house if I did wrong, but I really didn't believe that...... I knew they loved me and would forgive almost anything.

Your final line is bullshit if you are talking about high school kids, there may be some truth if you are speaking about what they become as adults. Still, Bristol Palin could have gotten rid of her"problem" and would have been done with it but she didn't, like her mother. She also obviously went to her mother with the news, trusting that she and her father would still love her, no matter what....... that is the sign of a great parent, instilling in your child that they are loved........ no matter what.

I'm done.

Sitarro, just what on earth does this have to do with your parents?

Lets be honest, if this were Bill Clinton and we were talking about Chelsea you guys would be all over her, its because the ho......err Bristol's mom is a Repub that you guys think its ok.

Is it too much to ask that you guys be consistent? Or am I just fucked in the head for thinking that is possible?

Yurt
09-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Sitarro, just what on earth does this have to do with your parents?

Lets be honest, if this were Bill Clinton and we were talking about Chelsea you guys would be all over her, its because the ho......err Bristol's mom is a Repub that you guys think its ok.

Is it too much to ask that you guys be consistent? Or am I just fucked in the head for thinking that is possible?

i would not say a thing about this if it was clinton or obama

to my knowledge no one has said obama is not qualified because he was born out of wedlock

OCA
09-06-2008, 10:41 AM
i would not say a thing about this if it was clinton or obama

to my knowledge no one has said obama is not qualified because he was born out of wedlock

But we did say something about Bubba getting blown in the Oval Office by a 24 yr old. If the daughter is off limits(she's an extension of Mrs. Wasilla) then Bubba's BJ should've been off limits.

Consistency, the key is consistency.

-Cp
09-06-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm wondering how many kids OCA has?

-Cp
09-06-2008, 11:09 AM
But we did say something about Bubba getting blown in the Oval Office by a 24 yr old. If the daughter is off limits(she's an extension of Mrs. Wasilla) then Bubba's BJ should've been off limits.

It's very stupid of you to compare a PRESIDENT of the USA who was doing indecent things inside a building that WE OWN... During HIS time of duty to a 17yr old kid of a VP pick who hasn't been even elected yet..

Even Obama says that the kids from ALL the candidates are "off limits"....

Yurt
09-06-2008, 11:23 AM

logical fallacy...faulty comparison...we are not talking about palin, we are talking about her daughter...now had you said we talked about chelsea giving a blowjob

OCA
09-06-2008, 11:59 AM
I'm wondering how many kids OCA has?

4, you got a fucking problem with the way I walk the walk and talk the talk? Oh wait, maybe 4 ain't enough for you, I seem to remember you admired those religious whack jobs down in Arkansas who have something like 18 kids lol.

OCA
09-06-2008, 12:00 PM
It's very stupid of you to compare a PRESIDENT of the USA who was doing indecent things inside a building that WE OWN... During HIS time of duty to a 17yr old kid of a VP pick who hasn't been even elected yet..

Even Obama says that the kids from ALL the candidates are "off limits"....

Its not about the kid, go back and read.

OCA
09-06-2008, 12:03 PM
logical fallacy...faulty comparison...we are not talking about palin, we are talking about her daughter...now had you said we talked about chelsea giving a blowjob

No, not logical fallacy, not faulty comparison unless you think this isn't America and this ain't politics. It will all get brought out.

I don't have time but i'm gonna post the "boyfriend's" myspace page, its funnier than shit, says he's a fucking redneck and he don't want kids.

Its a shotgun wedding, I give it less than a year.

Abbey Marie
09-06-2008, 12:12 PM

That was Billy Boy's own behavior we were upset about. Our President was engaged in the sex acts, with an employee, no less. Was Gov. Palin in the bed with her daughter and future son-in-law? If so, then you can call it apples and apples and say you are being consistent. Your feelings for McCain are clouding your usually great judgement, M.

PostmodernProphet
09-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Its not about the kid, go back and read.

if you mention the kid, it's about the kid.....

Sitarro
09-06-2008, 12:32 PM

That was a little different. I was appalled at the extremely poor judgement and dishonesty by the "leader" of our country. Bill Clinton is obviously an addict whose judgement is clouded by a need for sexual gratification with as many ugly women as possible, he is responsible for an entire generation of young girls thinking a BJ is not sex. It was all his fault, he is an idiot man/child that isn't mature enough to take care of a dog(what happened to their Lab?)he certainly was not qualified to be President. If it was no big deal, why would he(a lawyer that knows exactly how serious it is to perjure himself) lie about it to a Grand Jury? If he felt a need to lie about this "meaningless shit" what really important shit did he lie about to the American people.

It is really a weak ass argument, you know it is when a tool like midcan0 agrees with you.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

OCA
09-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Now we have troopergate. Get it? Troopergate.........................kind of reminds me of Whitewatergate.

This woman is a walking contradiction unto herself.

OCA
09-07-2008, 10:30 AM
That was Billy Boy's own behavior we were upset about. Our President was engaged in the sex acts, with an employee, no less. Was Gov. Palin in the bed with her daughter and future son-in-law? If so, then you can call it apples and apples and say you are being consistent. Your feelings for McCain are clouding your usually great judgement, M.

So you are saying that it is too much to expect a candidate to be consistent with between the public positions they take and the private lives they lead, got ya.

No wonder the Repub party is in the shambles its in.

OCA
09-07-2008, 10:30 AM
if you mention the kid, it's about the kid.....

Simple lines from simple minds.......oy vey.

Missileman
09-07-2008, 10:47 AM
So you are saying that it is too much to expect a candidate to be consistent with between the public positions they take and the private lives they lead, got ya.

Except, so far, you haven't posted a single thing about Sarah Palin's behavior that is inconsistent with Sarah Palin's ideals. That her daughter has acted against Sarah's ideals is in no way a statement against Sarah. It's perectly normal for children to NOT be carbon copies of their parents.

Abbey Marie
09-07-2008, 11:27 AM

No, I absolutely expect consistency. The problem is, you have yet to show inconsistency on Gov. Palin's part.

OCA
09-07-2008, 12:14 PM
No, I absolutely expect consistency. The problem is, you have yet to show inconsistency on Gov. Palin's part.

Where is she consistent? She preaches family values and abstinence but has a ho of a daughter knocked up in her own nest, just how should I say she is consistent?

OCA
09-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Except, so far, you haven't posted a single thing about Sarah Palin's behavior that is inconsistent with Sarah Palin's ideals. That her daughter has acted against Sarah's ideals is in no way a statement against Sarah. It's perectly normal for children to NOT be carbon copies of their parents.

The problem is that she is a public figure setting and suggesting public policy so I expect that what she is suggesting to others better damn well be practiced in her own household. She is inconsistent and hypocritical.

Abbey Marie
09-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Where is she consistent? She preaches family values and abstinence but has a ho of a daughter knocked up in her own nest, just how should I say she is consistent?

M, I expect better of you than to call that girl names like that.

And even if that girl were to be a total slut, that does not make Gov. Palin inconsistent.

Missileman
09-07-2008, 01:29 PM
The problem is that she is a public figure setting and suggesting public policy so I expect that what she is suggesting to others better damn well be practiced in her own household. She is inconsistent and hypocritical.

If Sarah Palin were preaching family values and then SHE herself went out and had an affair or an abortion, THEN she could be accused of inconsistency and hypocrisy. That INDIVIDUALS in her family don't always act as she would like makes her family perfectly NORMAL.

OCA
09-08-2008, 02:43 PM
If Sarah Palin were preaching family values and then SHE herself went out and had an affair or an abortion, THEN she could be accused of inconsistency and hypocrisy. That INDIVIDUALS in her family don't always act as she would like makes her family perfectly NORMAL.

No, it makes her a hypocrite and proves she can talk the talk but not walk the walk.

OCA
09-08-2008, 02:45 PM
M, I expect better of you than to call that girl names like that.

And even if that girl were to be a total slut, that does not make Gov. Palin inconsistent.

Why? Should I sugarcoat it? From reports of her perrs up there she liked football, mostly she liked the whole offensive line........at the same time. Now if mommy weren't busy playing Gov maybe she could take care of shit at home.

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Why? Should I sugarcoat it? From reports of her perrs up there she liked football, mostly she liked the whole offensive line........at the same time. Now if mommy weren't busy playing Gov maybe she could take care of shit at home.

Sounds like just vicious gossip to me. Why are you so intent on believing the worst about a young girl even with no evidence?

OCA
09-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Sounds like just vicious gossip to me. Why are you so intent on believing the worst about a young girl even with no evidence?

Would you like me to go to myspace and quote the personal statement of the husband to be? From his own words its quite evident what has taken place with this girl and why and how this wedding is going to take place. Can anyone say "shotgun?"

Mommy was too busy with the political career and let Bristol run the streets, thats why she is where she is, it points directly to a woman who not only is unqualified for national politics but also to a woman who shirks her maternal duties for political gain.

Trigg
09-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Would you like me to go to myspace and quote the personal statement of the husband to be? From his own words its quite evident what has taken place with this girl and why and how this wedding is going to take place. Can anyone say "shotgun?"

Mommy was too busy with the political career and let Bristol run the streets, thats why she is where she is, it points directly to a woman who not only is unqualified for national politics but also to a woman who shirks her maternal duties for political gain.

So every politician who's child has gotten in trouble is shirking their duties??? OR does this just apply to her because she's a woman????

Biden left his 2 children in someone else's care after his wife died. He didn't step down, he didn't give up his position. But, he's a man, so alls forgiven. :lame2:

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 03:18 PM

Not necessary. What 17 year old pregnant wedding isn't forced to some extent? And this still does not mean she is a slut, runs the streets, etc.
Aren't you glad she did not have an abortion? I am. Given the "do what's best for you" attitude of most of society, her mom did something very right to have this outcome.

Sitarro
09-08-2008, 03:45 PM

If the guy is a punk and doesn't want to accept responsibility, it reflects on him not her. Not being someone that frequents MySpace, I haven't seen the site that is supposedly his. Where's the link?

No1tovote4
09-08-2008, 03:49 PM
No, it makes her a hypocrite and proves she can talk the talk but not walk the walk.
Rubbish. Nobody has total control of others, nor can they be expected to disown those they love because of mistakes they have made. Hipocrisy would come if she acted against her beliefs, she has not by any measure provable done any such action.

AllieBaba
09-08-2008, 04:22 PM

Do you know what the definition of hypocrite is? It isn't to say one thing..and have others do something different.

I'd say she's proven she wasn't a hypocrite by not hustling that girl into an abortion clinic. You guys talk about the freedom of "choice" for kids, and here's a kid who was allowed to choose, made a mistake, and is taking responsibility for it. And all you can do is criticize her. So I guess the only choice you'll sanction is abortion..and in holding the mother entirely responsible for the daughter's action, you are essentially saying that children are not capable of making their own decisions. In which case your defense of abortion is reprehensible. If you think the parents are responsible for the actions of the children, then why on earth do you support the idea of abortion without parental notification in the first place?

The only hypocrites here are those on the left, who think they can have it both ways.

It isn't hypocritical for a woman to stand on the side of "family values" and responsibility and have a teen aged daughter get pregnant. What would be hypocritical would be if she forced that teen to get an abortion.

Nukeman
09-08-2008, 05:56 PM
What would be hypocritical would be if she forced that teen to get an abortion.
Also if she were to turn against her daughter and kick her out and leave her on her own "WITHOUT ANY FAMILY SUPPORT"

Hey OCA doesn't see it that way he only likes to say that she can't control her daughter so she must be a bad mom. I hope for your sake OCA you never have to deal with a pregnant daughter with your attitude.... Would you be calling YOUR daughter a slut that did the whole football team if she was pregnant or would it be fair for one of us to do that??? These are all just hypothetical questions so don't get your panties in a bunch and cry I'm talking shit about your family, unlike you and Gov. Palin's family......

AllieBaba
09-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Also if she were to turn against her daughter and kick her out and leave her on her own "WITHOUT ANY FAMILY SUPPORT"

Hey OCA doesn't see it that way he only likes to say that she can't control her daughter so she must be a bad mom. I hope for your sake OCA you never have to deal with a pregnant daughter with your attitude.... Would you be calling YOUR daughter a slut that did the whole football team if she was pregnant or would it be fair for one of us to do that??? These are all just hypothetical questions so don't get your panties in a bunch and cry I'm talking shit about your family, unlike you and Gov. Palin's family......

It's always about control with the left, and they think that when we say people should be accountable for their choices, we're actually imposing our WILL upon them...when it's exactly the opposite. We want people to choose for themselves, but we want them (and their families) to have to deal with the consequences themselves, as well.

So Palin is against abortion, and declares herself Christian. So what? Why does the left feel threatened by that? Kids can still engage in underage sex, if you like it so much for your kids. But when those kids get knocked up...and they do, on both sides of this fence, you and they will be responsible for dealing with a pregnancy...just like she is.

Not the state. Not the abortion clinic. Not the teachers. The family.

And whatever challenges this brings into the family, one of the challenges they won't have to deal with is a girl 20 years down the road who, as a woman, suffers depression and regret over the abortion she foolishly had as a child.

Not many people suffer depression and regret when they actually HAVE babies, btw. I have yet to meet a mom who said, "I wish I'd never had my kids" or "I wish I'd never had that kid". And I've never met a mom who put her child up for adoption who has said "I wish I'd gotten an abortion instead". Nor have I ever heard a kid, including some abused and confused kids in juvie, say "I wish I'd been aborted".

I have, however, listened to women who feel very real grief and regret over obtaining abortions.

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 06:27 PM
I got laid, I got laid like there was no tommorrow, difference being I kept the johnson wrapped.

Then we are in agreement that both you and I were fucking like rabbits when we were 17 years old and using condoms to protect against pregnancy with our respective girlfriends.

Moving right along!

I can vividly remember the shock and horror of seeing a broken condom after the fact on 4 different occasions, it may have been 5, but the fact still remains that we were very careful and the condom broke.

Condoms break, and I know you've had at least one fail, as well.

Give the kid a break, OCA. You've done what her boyfriend has done, and she's done what your girlfriend has done.

Shit happens, the only difference is that both you and I were lucky, she was not.

OCA
09-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Do you know what the definition of hypocrite is? It isn't to say one thing..and have others do something different.

I'd say she's proven she wasn't a hypocrite by not hustling that girl into an abortion clinic. You guys talk about the freedom of "choice" for kids, and here's a kid who was allowed to choose, made a mistake, and is taking responsibility for it. And all you can do is criticize her. So I guess the only choice you'll sanction is abortion..and in holding the mother entirely responsible for the daughter's action, you are essentially saying that children are not capable of making their own decisions. In which case your defense of abortion is reprehensible. If you think the parents are responsible for the actions of the children, then why on earth do you support the idea of abortion without parental notification in the first place?

The only hypocrites here are those on the left, who think they can have it both ways.

It isn't hypocritical for a woman to stand on the side of "family values" and responsibility and have a teen aged daughter get pregnant. What would be hypocritical would be if she forced that teen to get an abortion.

Uhhhhhhh just who are "you guys"?

OCA
09-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Then we are in agreement that both you and I were fucking like rabbits when we were 17 years old and using condoms to protect against pregnancy with our respective girlfriends.

Moving right along!

I can vividly remember the shock and horror of seeing a broken condom after the fact on 4 different occasions, it may have been 5, but the fact still remains that we were very careful and the condom broke.

Condoms break, and I know you've had at least one fail, as well.

Give the kid a break, OCA. You've done what her boyfriend has done, and she's done what your girlfriend has done.

Shit happens, the only difference is that both you and I were lucky, she was not.

Never had 1 fail........ever.

OCA
09-09-2008, 02:45 PM
It's always about control with the left, and they think that when we say people should be accountable for their choices, we're actually imposing our WILL upon them...when it's exactly the opposite. We want people to choose for themselves, but we want them (and their families) to have to deal with the consequences themselves, as well.

So Palin is against abortion, and declares herself Christian. So what? Why does the left feel threatened by that? Kids can still engage in underage sex, if you like it so much for your kids. But when those kids get knocked up...and they do, on both sides of this fence, you and they will be responsible for dealing with a pregnancy...just like she is.

Not the state. Not the abortion clinic. Not the teachers. The family.

And whatever challenges this brings into the family, one of the challenges they won't have to deal with is a girl 20 years down the road who, as a woman, suffers depression and regret over the abortion she foolishly had as a child.

Not many people suffer depression and regret when they actually HAVE babies, btw. I have yet to meet a mom who said, "I wish I'd never had my kids" or "I wish I'd never had that kid". And I've never met a mom who put her child up for adoption who has said "I wish I'd gotten an abortion instead". Nor have I ever heard a kid, including some abused and confused kids in juvie, say "I wish I'd been aborted".

I have, however, listened to women who feel very real grief and regret over obtaining abortions.

Who's on the left lol?