PDA

View Full Version : Life in a Parallel Universe

midcan5
09-04-2008, 02:20 PM
If you are easily offended stop reading.

Well not exactly parallel, in this universe Palin is now Obama.

Scene one: Democratic National Convention, at the podium Barack completing acceptance speech, behind him his family, daughter pregnant next to boyfriend of 17, wife holding latest child, Downs syndrome baby, other members of entourage.

Scene two: Conservative republican bloggers, radio, and TV commentators watching from the privacy of homes and limited access areas.

Voices heard from scene two.

"Seventeen!"
"Typical niggars, ain't got the sense god gave em."
"Yea, pregnant at seventeen ain't anyone ever told them how that happens?"
"Passing the baby around like it was a trophy."
"We're gonna be paying for that baby's care you betcha."
"Another lazy liberal niggar on welfare!"
"Yea, shoulda stopped at four kids - they ain't got no damn sense."
"Ok but how do we relay this to the masses what are the key words?
"We can't say typical black dysfunctional family."
"But we need to repeat, cast doubt, make him a real niggar."
"Yea, we do it like we do his name, we stress daughter-unmarried-pregnant."
"Yea, and family, mix it in."
"Yea, whenever he goes we mention if she is there."
"yea, is whole family there."
"If she is around we mention boyfriend and pregnant."
"Yea, that's it."
"Anyone know someone from her school who will comment negatively?"
"We'll get on that."
"Yea and stress Palin's children. They're in school, right?"
"Yea, good students, good kids, note that, repeat it."
"Yea."

"White children, in the main, and whether they are rich or poor, grow up with a grasp of reality so feeble that they can very accurately be described as deluded--about themselves and the world they live in. White people have managed to get through their entire lifetimes in this euphoric state, but black people have not been so lucky: a black man who sees the world the way John Wayne, for example, sees it would not be an eccentric patriot, but a raving maniac." James Baldwin

theHawk
09-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Jesus Christ.

midcan5
09-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Jesus Christ.

LOL Was that a curse or call for help?

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to have creationism taught in your school.

theHawk
09-04-2008, 02:33 PM
LOL Was that a curse or call for help?

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to have creationism taught in your school.

Seek help midcan, you really need it. And stop wasting internet bandwidth with your racist diatribes against anyone who doesn't agree with your ideology.

Little-Acorn
09-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Yes, the liberals are definitely losing it. They have had so little success at turning people against Republicans lately, they are starting to make stuff up wholesale, and hoping someone, somewhere will believe it came from the GOP.

My sympathies.

PostmodernProphet
09-04-2008, 02:49 PM
it has to be posturing....I don't think even the most rabid liberal would honestly believe that conservatives think that way....of course, I have always suspected liberals were insane....

09-04-2008, 02:51 PM
I seriously cant for the life of me figure out what Midcan is whining about today. Anyone can a loose translation?

Abbey Marie
09-04-2008, 02:59 PM
The ONLY people I have ever met in my life who used racial epithets like these were a family of life-long Democrats.

Really, Midcan, I don't know where you get this stuff, but if I were you, I'd stop going there. You are God's child, and I know you can do bettter!

Yurt
09-04-2008, 03:38 PM
midcan is a moron...cheney's daughter is gay yet that did not stop cheney from being a conservative...children have free will, oh wait, not in midcan's universe, everyone must be a robot to the government

a vote for a obama is a vote against the fundamental precepts and freedoms of America

midcan5
09-04-2008, 07:16 PM
As James Baldwin notes in the quotation, many live in a world of fantasy. Most of you do. And while parts of that may seem exaggerated you can rest assured, I would bet any amount of money, if the situation were reversed we would not be hearing that having children at seventeen is just normal stuff. Actually wonderful stuff. Nor would holding a child with a severe handicap be glorified when the same people would not support those very children. And many would be saying the very same racist things, some subtle, some less so. That is fact.

Who here wants their child to have a child? And while the daughter's life is her own, everything about Obama's life is fair game, a reverend, a miscue, his wife's comparative, constant hints of racism, so then should we not be looking at issues that affect us all? I don't want a president who is a good mom or dad, I want a good president.

midcan5
09-04-2008, 07:18 PM
a vote for a obama is a vote against the fundamental precepts and freedoms of America

Example?

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Silver
09-04-2008, 07:44 PM
As James Baldwin notes in the quotation, many live in a world of fantasy. Most of you do. And while parts of that may seem exaggerated you can rest assured, I would bet any amount of money, if the situation were reversed we would not be hearing that having children at seventeen is just normal stuff. Actually wonderful stuff. Nor would holding a child with a severe handicap be glorified when the same people would not support those very children. And many would be saying the very same racist things, some subtle, some less so. That is fact.

Who here wants their child to have a child? And while the daughter's life is her own, everything about Obama's life is fair game, a reverend, a miscue, his wife's comparative, constant hints of racism, so then should we not be looking at issues that affect us all? I don't want a president who is a good mom or dad, I want a good president.

Middies little imaginary fantasy world does not mimic the REAL WORLD....

Yeah...we have those that are ignorant imagine their fantasy world of bias and bigotry....

and then we have facts, undisputable facts of life, facts of history......
the TRUTH.....

President George W. Bush was the first president to appoint an African American as Secretary of State (Colin Powell).

He also appointed blacks as National Security Advisor (Condoleeza Rice)
Secretary of Education (Rod Paige)
and Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (Alphonso Jackson).

In his second term, he appointed the second african american Secretary of State (Condoleeza Rice).

With new programs established by President Bush, African American home ownership is at an all-time high.

Of the 5 African Americans who have ever been U.S. Senators, 3 were Republicans.

The 13th Amendment abolishing slavery passed Congress with the support of 100% of Republican members but with only 23% of the Democrat members.

When the 14th and 15th Amendments extending civil rights and voting rights to African Americans passed, not even 1 Democrat in Congress voted for those amendments.

The Texas Republican Party was formed on July 4, 1867, in Houston by 150 African Americans and 20 whites

The first 42 African Americans elected to the Texas Legislature were Republicans.

Missileman
09-04-2008, 07:44 PM
I don't want a president who is a good mom or dad, I want a good president.

And yet you can't seem to stop bringing up the subject...why is that?

Yurt
09-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Example?

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

you refuse to answer anyone in an honest discussion about how mccain will be for what you claim in your little bold...jeff has called you on it and went point by point with you and ran like a chicken...i believe avi did as well and you ran again...

the examples have been given to you over and over, you hiding your head in the sand only makes you not aware of the truth

Yurt
09-04-2008, 08:03 PM

and obama has more and more friends going to jail...ha, a great president, purposefully attends a racist church for 20 years and you bitch about someone being a parent...

PostmodernProphet
09-04-2008, 08:29 PM
so then should we not be looking at issues that affect us all? I don't want a president who is a good mom or dad, I want a good president.

you should....but Bristol doesn't affect you......though you have certainly attempted to affect her.....

stephanie
09-04-2008, 09:14 PM
good grief...

that little all American lady from Alaska has driven the liberals into total insanity..

I LOVE IT...I haven't laughed this hard since the last election..:laugh2::dance:

manu1959
09-04-2008, 09:17 PM
a smart, tough, articulate, pretty white woman

stole your pretty 1/2 white, boy's thunder.......

:laugh2:

Scene one: Democratic National Convention, at the podium Barack completing acceptance speech, behind him his family, daughter pregnant next to boyfriend of 17, wife holding latest child, Downs syndrome baby, other members of entourage.

Scene two: Conservative republican bloggers, radio, and TV commentators watching from the privacy of homes and limited access areas.

"Seventeen!"
"Yea, that's it."
"We'll get on that."
"Yea."

"White children, in the main, and whether they are rich or poor, grow up with a grasp of reality so feeble that they can very accurately be described as deluded--about themselves and the world they live in. White people have managed to get through their entire lifetimes in this euphoric state, but black people have not been so lucky: a black man who sees the world the way John Wayne, for example, sees it would not be an eccentric patriot, but a raving maniac." James Baldwin

Immanuel
09-04-2008, 11:20 PM
The ONLY people I have ever met in my life who used racial epithets like these were a family of life-long Democrats.

Unfortunately, I'd have to say that I have met some strong conservative Republicans who are close to the scenario given. Close, but not that close.

But that being said, I have seen it much more prevalent in liberals than conservatives.

Immie

NightTrain
09-04-2008, 11:40 PM
If this nutjob is a "preacher", I'd love some transcripts of his cult's topics.

I've known a preacher or two in my day, and not one spewed the crap this crackpot does. Not even close.

manu1959
09-04-2008, 11:43 PM
If this nutjob is a "preacher", I'd love some transcripts of his cult's topics.

I've known a preacher or two in my day, and not one spewed the crap this crackpot does. Not even close.

he is a preacher in the same church that the o man is a member of.....

NightTrain
09-05-2008, 12:57 AM
he is a preacher in the same church that the o man is a member of.....

Oh.

That clears things up tremendously.

As Numbnuts would say, "I can dig it."

Sitarro
09-05-2008, 01:26 AM

"Seventeen!"
"Yea, that's it."
"We'll get on that."
"Yea."

You know midcan0, your premiss is flawed in a big way. Osama wouldn't "punish" his 17 year old with a baby, he would drive her to the same abortion clinic her mother would have used to rid herself of the burden of a special needs child. What a lame waste of space your post is, I feel sorry for your pathetic ass.

NightTrain
09-05-2008, 01:30 AM
You know midcan0, your premiss is flawed in a big way. Osama wouldn't "punish" his 17 year old with a baby, he would drive her to the same abortion clinic her mother would have used to rid herself of the burden of a special needs child. What a lame waste of space your post is, I feel sorry for your pathetic ass.

Amen, brother.

midcan5
09-05-2008, 08:18 AM
you refuse to answer anyone in an honest discussion about how mccain will be for what you claim in your little bold...jeff has called you on it and went point by point with you and ran like a chicken...i believe avi did as well and you ran again...

the examples have been given to you over and over, you hiding your head in the sand only makes you not aware of the truth

Yurt, I love a challenge, did I not answer you when you asked? Truthfully except for Dragon none of you are a challenge. I do admire OCA for his honesty, it's tough to buck groupthink and he does. You and most others are blind followers, I could write your responses they are so predictable.

Sitarro, that is an assumption and doesn't address my key point - my point is if reversed would the wingnuts show the same compassion, understanding, and adulation. My answer if NO. Another brief history lesson: Cadillac Moms LOL look it up if you are 12.

And for those who think this language doesn't exist today, talk to people you meet, ask honest questions and listen carefully.

My quote was answered below and I thought I had posted this before? Anyone who doesn't get an answer, PM me. We liberals are hard working people, I don't have time to read every thread.

a vote for John McCain....

"In the 1950s, about a million illegal abortions a year were performed in the U.S., and over a thousand women died each year as a result. Women who were victims of botched or unsanitary abortions came in desperation to hospital emergency wards, where some died of widespread abdominal infections. Many women who recovered from such infections found themselves sterile or chronically and painfully ill. The enormous emotional stress often lasted a long time."

If McCain selects judicial appointments, property will win over rights, If Obama selects them it will be rights over property. If roe v wade is overturned we will return to a sad time when only the rich could get abortions for themselves and for their children. The poor will suffer as they always have with lack of access and quacks. No one will care for these children as wingnuts only want a theocracy of morals for others. Abortion is a moral crutch for wingnuts as it requires nothing of the person making the judgment. Having a child is a long process and raising a child requires love, care, resources, and great patience. Wingnuts care not for people but for ideology.

http://www.feminist.com/resources/ou.../abortion.html

"The secret world of illegal abortion was mostly frightening and expensive. Although there were skilled and dedicated laywomen and doctors who performed safe, illegal abortions, most illegal abortionists, doctors, and those who claimed to be doctors cared only about being well rewarded for their trouble. In the 1960s, abortionists often turned women away if they could not pay $1,000 or more in cash. Some male abortionists insisted on having sexual relations before the abortion.

Abortionists emphasized speed and their own protection. They often didn't use anesthesia because it took too long for women to recover, and they wanted women out of the office as quickly as possible. Some abortionists were rough and sadistic. Almost no one took adequate precautions against hemorrhage or infection."

John McCain on the Issues

# Supports repealing Roe v. Wade. (May 2007)
# Voted YES on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
# Voted YES on barring HHS grants to organizations that perform abortions. (Oct 2007)
# Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
# Voted YES on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
# Voted NO on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
# Voted YES on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
# Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
# Voted YES on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
# Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
# Voted YES on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
# Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
# Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 2004)
# Rated 75% by the NRLC, indicating a mixed record on abortion. (Dec 2006)

If wingnuts respected and supported life, here is a place to start, UNICEF.

UNICEF - UNICEF Home

diuretic
09-05-2008, 08:55 AM
A brief essay on hypocrisy Midcan. It worked I see. :coffee:

darin
09-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Better warning: A vote for Obama is a vote to empower knuckleheads like midcan to propagate their bullshit. :)

Immanuel
09-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Better warning: A vote for Obama is a vote to empower knuckleheads like midcan to propagate their bullshit. :)

Wait... won't an Obama presidency only change the sides of the knuckleheads? If Obama becomes President the roles will reverse and we'll have right wing lunatics (not saying Midcan is a lunatic) as the attackers and the left wing lunatics as the defenders. Reversed rolls but same old shit.

Immie

darin
09-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Wait... won't an Obama presidency only change the sides of the knuckleheads? If Obama becomes President the roles will reverse and we'll have right wing lunatics (not saying Midcan is a lunatic) as the attackers and the left wing lunatics as the defenders. Reversed rolls but same old shit.

Immie

Not at all. Regardless of who wins, the liberal whack jobs who are so hot for obama will still be whack jobs. Not everyone who supports Obama is a whack job, however. Some are good honest people. However, folks like midcan are simply horny for histarics and will become over charged to the point of bursting should the majority in this country elect obama. For instance, if Al Gore won the popular vote it only shows that most of the people in this country who voted (not counting the Dem's base - you know, dead people and felons) are likely educated idiots. :)

PostmodernProphet
09-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Truthfully except for Dragon none of you are a challenge

said the basketball to the Harlem Globetrotters.....

midcan5
09-05-2008, 04:29 PM
A brief essay on hypocrisy Midcan. It worked I see.

Yes, thanks, nothing changes they still shoot the messenger.