PDA

View Full Version : Economy Not WOT Most Important Issue For Americans

OCA
09-04-2008, 03:24 PM
http://www.voanews.com/english/2008-08-18-voa28.cfm

The excuse you most often here Rhinos say when they admit they will sell out and vote for Johnny Lib is "he's tough on terrorism" or "he has more foriegn policy experience" does not seem to be a common theme among most Americans.........its the sinking economy stupid.

Abbey Marie
09-04-2008, 03:28 PM
http://www.voanews.com/english/2008-08-18-voa28.cfm

The excuse you most often here Rhinos say when they admit they will sell out and vote for Johnny Lib is "he's tough on terrorism" or "he has more foriegn policy experience" does not seem to be a common theme among most Americans.........its the sinking economy stupid.

How do you explain Obama picking Biden? He must think the WOT is very important to voters.

theHawk
09-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Of course the ecomony is important. Thats why they won't want a tax and spend shitbag liberal.

OCA
09-04-2008, 03:35 PM
How do you explain Obama picking Biden? He must think the WOT is very important to voters.

Not sure what Joe Biden has to do with the WOT other than serving on some committee or other but sure the WOT is important but it ain't the end all to be all and surely it ain't enough to dismiss all the liberal stances that Johnny Lib has taken over the years and continues to take to this very day.

The WOT is abstract, its something Americans see on TV every day, not to dismiss 9/11 but that was 7 years ago and most American's attention spans aren't that long, they care about what affects them directly and the economy affects them directly, it affects them when they go to the gas pump, when they go to the grocery store, when they try to sell their house etc. etc., and what they see ain't good. IOW Americans care and vote mostly based upon their pocketbook.

OCA
09-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Of course the ecomony is important. Thats why they won't want a tax and spend shitbag liberal.

Unfortunately both candidates fall into that category, thats why its so sad. Oh I know, Johnny Lib is talking tax cuts right now but he signed off on just about every check that Bush signed and Bush spent like a drunken sailor so I expect Johnny will do the same. He's talking conservatism right now because he needs the votes but don't for a second think he will govern that way.

Abbey Marie
09-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Not sure what Joe Biden has to do with the WOT other than serving on some committee or other but sure the WOT is important but it ain't the end all to be all and surely it ain't enough to dismiss all the liberal stances that Johnny Lib has taken over the years and continues to take to this very day.

The WOT is abstract, its something Americans see on TV every day, not to dismiss 9/11 but that was 7 years ago and most American's attention spans aren't that long, they care about what affects them directly and the economy affects them directly, it affects them when they go to the gas pump, when they go to the grocery store, when they try to sell their house etc. etc., and what they see ain't good. IOW Americans care and vote mostly based upon their pocketbook.

Biden was chosen for his "foreign policy" experience. Today, that is mostly a euphemism for the WOT in its many forms. Since Biden could have chosen any number of people as his veep, I find it telling that he chose someone whose only claim to fame is his foreign policy insider experience.

However, I agree with you that most people, American or not, have trouble seeing past their own nose, let alone their own pocketbook. I said somewhere on here a while ago that the economy will trump all other issues, unless we are attacked again.

Where we differ, I guess, is that the WOT works heavily in McCain's favor, while Obama, being so inexperienced, cannot really claim the economy as a plus in his column.

OCA
09-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Biden was chosen for his "foreign policy" experience. Today, that is mostly a euphemism for the WOT in its many forms. Since Biden could have chosen any number of people as his veep, I find it telling that he chose someone whose only claim to fame is his foreign policy insider experience.

However, I agree with you that most people, American or not, have trouble seeing past their own nose, let alone their own pocketbook. I said somewhere on here a while ago that the economy will trump all other issues, unless we are attacked again.

Where we differ, I guess, is that the WOT works heavily in McCain's favor, while Obama, being so inexperienced, cannot really claim the economy as a plus in his column.

Well just to show you i'm fair(I know i've been riding McCain pretty hard lately) I don't think Joe knows jack about the WOT or foreign policy, personally I think he's a piece of crap.

I don't think you can say that people can't see the picture when their chief concern is how they are going to make ends meet. I've got one of the Greeks back in Sacramento, a guy who didn't go to college but worked his way up in the real estate game until now where he builds custom houses, he was making a damn good living and now through no fault of his own he can't move nothing and struggles just getting the basics paid for lately, thats the type of stuff people are concerned about. They want to know why it all went to hell so quickly, why gas went up so astronomically while wages remained stagnant. Basically Americans want to be rewarded for working hard and I don't think they see that happening.