PDA

View Full Version : Obama on Palin: sexist?

Yurt
09-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Obama on Palin: 'I assume she wants to be treated the same way that guys want to be treated'

Carrie Budoff Brown has Obama's response, from York, Pa., to a question about whether treatment of Palin has been sexist or dismissive:

Listen, if they want to work the refs, they are free to do so. I think the public can make their judgments about this. The notion that any questions about her work in Alaska is somehow not relevant to her potentially being vice president of the United States doesn't make too much sense to me. I think she has got a compelling story, but I assume that she wants to be treated the same way that guys want to be treated, which means their records are under scrutiny. I have been through this for 19 months. She has been through it, what, four days so far.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Obama_on_Palin_I_assume_she_wants_to_be_treated_th e_same_way_that_guys_want_to_be_treated.html

this guy has been under no scrutiny like she has, not even for a day...adn this from a guy who whines about not looking like those presidents on dollar bills...this guy is a phony sexist, he didn't choose hillary because she is a woman, instead he chose an old white guy, if hillary had been a man he would have chosen her.

Immanuel
09-04-2008, 05:45 PM
if hillary had been a man he would have chosen her.

If Hillary had been a guy, he'd [Barack Obama] be running as VP. She would have taken the nomination.

The reason she didn't is because the Democrats know as a hated woman, she won't win as many centrist voters as Obama will. They are playing on the sense of fairness of those voters in the middle who will believe them when they say the only reason white people won't vote for Obama is because they are racist. Even Hillary being a woman won't overcome the fact that so many men literally hate her.

The Democrats are playing to win this election. Republicans who think that Sarah Palin will carry the day in November may be fooling themselves. It's going to be a tough fight and I'm not so sure the Republicans have thought this one out. Rather than Sarah Palin carrying the day, she's put a chain around her neck that is connected to a damned heavy anchor and thrown it in the ocean. I pray she can swim well.

She's likely to end up much like Geraldine Ferraro... a forgotten name from the past... very quickly.

Immie