PDA

View Full Version : coverage of the two conventions

manu1959
09-04-2008, 11:04 PM
i watched them both.....

i watched dnc tv cover both....and i watched rnc tv cover both....

i have my opinion as to wich person was the most and least fair to both conventions....

but first.....i would like to know which unbaised journalist (which is their job) was the most factual and the least biased....

and second.....i would like to know which unbaised journalist (which is their job) was the least factual and the most biased....

Kathianne
09-05-2008, 04:58 AM
i watched them both.....

i have my opinion as to wich person was the most and least fair to both conventions....

but first.....i would like to know which unbaised journalist (which is their job) was the most factual and the least biased....

and second.....i would like to know which unbaised journalist (which is their job) was the least factual and the most biased....

I must admit, after the second night of DNC, I switched to C-SPAN. The first night I started with FOX, but the preponderance of yipping in favor and against Obama went on too long, CNN covered more of the speeches; but were just nasty towards the Right, and too in awe of "THE ONE"; when came back to the talking heads. I'll assume that for the RNC they flipped? From the little I saw, FOX was less biased, but no more comprehensive about the convention itself. I wanted to hear some of the 'lesser known' speakers from both sides, so C-SPAN did that.

PostmodernProphet
09-05-2008, 05:34 AM
i watched them both.....

difficult question to answer, since I don't know how to measure "unbiased" journalist.....I have made it a point to watch the coverage of both on MSNBC, for the intended purpose of seeing Olbermann's way of handling things......guess what I found.....

Silver
09-05-2008, 12:54 PM
difficult question to answer, since I don't know how to measure "unbiased" journalist.....I have made it a point to watch the coverage of both on MSNBC, for the intended purpose of seeing Olbermann's way of handling things......guess what I found.....

When Bill Maher says the coverage on MSNBC of the DNC led him to the conclusion that Obermann and Mathews wanted to have sex with Obama, you might consider the coverage biased.....

Abbey Marie
09-05-2008, 12:55 PM
When Bill Maher says the coverage on MSNBC of the DNC led him to the conclusion that Obermann and Mathews wanted to have sex with Obama, you might consider the coverage biased.....

He said that? Hysterical! :laugh2:

manu1959
09-05-2008, 01:07 PM
interesting.....no opinions from the left....and those i consider on the right watched dnc tv............

krisy
09-05-2008, 02:48 PM
I watched mostly Fox. I did however flip to CNN and MSNBC for a few minutes at a time. MSNBC was the worst,terribly in favor of Obama. CNN wasn't much better with one of their anchors saying that she was in awe of Obama,and watching him was like waiting to exhale:lol:

I still like Fox and all of their anchors,regardless of the accusations against them of leaning to far to the right. I don't think they lean to the right too much. I think they are just FAIR to the right. Which compared to the rest of the media,makes them look biased.

As far as anchors,there is a blond on Fox,that co hosts a daytime show and did a lot of coverage during the conventions. She is very good. I saw her go after both sides. I know her name,but it's slipped my mind.

Any anchor at any NBC station is beyond awful.