PDA

View Full Version : Post Interesting Facts about yourself...

darin
09-05-2008, 10:36 AM
I think it'd be fun to post up some little-known facts about ourselves, in an effort to get to know one-another better.

From 'strange but true' about me:

I've dunked a basketball on a 10-ft hoop
I've bench-pressed 265lbs
I've never broken a major bone
I've never had chicken pox
I've appeared in a movie with Mathew Broderick, Dabney Coleman, and Ally Sheedy
I've never seen The Fast and the Furious - or any of it's sequels.
I once had stitches in my tongue
I once walked with a cane for 6 months
I've been within 100 feet of something going Mach 1
I've held something on my shoulder whichc changed the course of a war (related to above)
I've never caught a fish
I don't watch debates
I've driven over 140mph - in a 50mph zone! doh!
I've set my cruise control on 180km/hr - and kept it there for 2 hours
I've never been in a Turkish Prison

I'll try to think of more and add them - if you see something that interests you, ask me about it :) And hopefully, others will do the same for you, after you share some things about yourself. :)

Abbey Marie
09-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Impressive bench-pressing, D!

I'll go. I apologize for the braggy ones- but they are somewhat interesting, I think.

1. I am claustrophobic
2. I passed the PA bar and NJ bar at the same time
3. I've been engaged 3 times, married 1 time.
4. I'd petition to outlaw Sloppy Joes. Cannot smell them without gagging.
5. I haven't eaten red meat, pork or veal for 15 years.
6. I am very scared of public speaking
7. I can't swim well enough to save myself, and am afraid to be in deep water, but my dream is to learn to scuba dive
8. I am always very moved by the ability to vote, and usually tears well up.
9. I apparently have the highest road rage potential so far on the board. This does not really surprise me
10. I have one child, and she never takes my advice. I wonder if she would ever give me positive rep? :)
11. I generally have more fun around men than around women, which I attribute to growing up with two older brothers and no sisters.
12. My favorite ride ever was Space Mountain at DisneyWorld
13. I've never been, nor would I go to, a circus

darin
09-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks Abbey!! :)

I generally have more fun around women than men - which I attribute to growing up with 3 older brothers. I musta spent 2 years of my life (cumulative) in a head-lock! :)

Abbey Marie
09-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks Abbey!! :)

I generally have more fun around women than men - which I attribute to growing up with 3 older brothers. I musta spent 2 years of my life (cumulative) in a head-lock! :)

-Cp must pay! :laugh2:

-Cp
09-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Impressive bench-pressing, D!

5. I haven't eaten red meat, pork or veal for 15 years.

Uhhk.. how can you even call yourself a conservative!??!?!?!??!?

I'd seek professional help ASAP!!

:)

-Cp must pay! :laugh2:

Huh??????????

1. I as well was in a movie with Mathew Broderick, Dabney Coleman, and Ally Sheedy
2. I have shaken hands with Hugh Heffner, Vince Neal and Flava Flav
3. I spent time talking to "tapanga" from the show "boy meets world"
4. Regardless of what dmp claims, his time in a headlock was far less yet always well deserved.
5. I love cooking and love pairing it with good wine
6. I often tear-up during good speeches
7. Braveheart was the first movie to ever make me tear-up
8. I'm not much into TV/Movies - even though I have a KICK-ASS surround system.
9. I spend far too much of my life in front of a computer.
10. The more Palin speaks, the more sexy I think she is!
11. I grew up in the "Assembly of God" churches and now find them nauseating.
12. I always prefer blondes - but am not totally exclusive to them (my wife isn't a blonde, for example)
13. I'm often heard saying "I wouldn't pay $0.10 to see the statue of liberty take a leak to my kids.
14. I've never been to the east coast (furthest east I've been is Toronto).

Abbey Marie
09-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Uhhk.. how can you even call yourself a conservative!??!?!?!??!?

I'd seek professional help ASAP!!

:)

So, you really believe we are what we eat? :)

darin
09-05-2008, 12:22 PM
maybe she just...uh..hasn't had the right meat?

I'd offer...but...

/me ducks and runs!!!

Abbey Marie
09-05-2008, 12:30 PM
maybe she just...uh..hasn't had the right meat?

I'd offer...but...

/me ducks and runs!!!

:slap:

Yurt
09-05-2008, 12:39 PM
1. year in the Marshall Islands teaching kids
2. had a knife to my face in 8th grade by a cholo for being white
3. 1st auto accident (17) - rear ended another - because i was staring at 3 hotties pretending i was badass at cal poly, claimed "sun" was in my eyes
4. dated a black girl in the 10th grade, hated by majority, both white and black, received threats by both races, experienced overt racism by both
5. stole a canadian hotty and made her an american ;)
6. while teaching her to kayak on the willamette river dt portland, i completely spilled in front of many folks
7. born in the south, georgia
8. highest mnt: hiked to the top of eagle cap, 10,500 ft

manu1959
09-05-2008, 12:50 PM
inspired by those that shared before i did............

I had chicken pox and scarlet fever at the age of 18
I once had stitches in my tongue
I have been on the bridge of the uss hornet and sat in the captains chair
I caught my first fish at 48 on a fly rod
I have driven over 110mph - in a 55 mph zone!
I hate cruise control.
I have shaken hands with a penthouse pet, clint eastwood, mary stewart masterson and jimmy carter
I have showed in michelle piffers master bedroom
I have been 15 days away from being homeless
I love good wine
I cry every time I watch the sniper scene in blackhawk down
Sarah Palin is sexy
I passed the architectural exam on the first try …. no studying
I prefer the company of women, which I attribute to growing up in a matriarchal family environment
I have been to the Moscow circus and bolshoi ballet in Moscow.
I have flown a kite out of the 20th floor window of a hotel in kiev
I have sunbathed nude at popeye’s village in malta

jackass
09-05-2008, 12:55 PM
1. I had my appendix removed.
2. I have met MikeTyson, Clarence Clemons, Elle and Im sure others.
3. I was an extra in this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090217/ and still havent watched it!
4. I have held and pet a baby lion.
5. I torture my kids come Halloween. :)
6. I have only been on a plane twice.
7. I have wanted a tattoo since I was 5 and still dont have one.
8. I have been stung twice in the tongue by bees.

Abbey Marie
09-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Lots of tongue facts.

Trigg
09-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Well I've lead a pretty boring life so far, but here goes.

1. I've had a child in every state I've lived in. That's why we had to quit moving ;)
2. Had a tornado go across a road, just behind me.
3. Road in a car doing 120 in a 55 zone. We were in a group of 3 cars.
4. I cried when I watched My Girl.
5. I cry when I watch sad movies.
6. I was rear-ended outside Tampa when I was 5 months preggo.
7. I've never met anyone famous.

darin
09-05-2008, 01:08 PM
oh!

I've been to Moscow, Paris, Berlin, Tokyo, Bangkok, New York City, Los Angeles, and Seoul.

Trigg
09-05-2008, 01:09 PM
oh!

I've been to Moscow, Paris, Berlin, Tokyo, Bangkok, New York City, Los Angeles, and Seoul.

show off :poke:

manu1959
09-05-2008, 01:23 PM
8. I have been stung twice in the tongue by bees.

i want the full story on this one.....both of them............

jackass
09-05-2008, 03:22 PM
i want the full story on this one.....both of them............

Hahaha. Not much to tell. Summer, 1 can of nectar left out too long and there ya go. Same with a can of soda. The nectar one was weird because I didnt realize I had a bee in my mouth until I felt it crawling around!

PostmodernProphet
09-05-2008, 04:33 PM
I grew up on a hog farm in Iowa and spent every weekend until I was 18 standing ankle deep in shit with a shovel in my hands.....

the day after my honeymoon, I had ten dollars left to my name....since then I have never had a bill paid late.....

I secured my spot in the 1st year class at law school by offering to be their token Iowa farmboy......that and scoring in the top 0.3% on the LSAT got me in....

I am a semi-reformed hippie and wear blue jeans to work unless I have to go to court.....

Once I had a client tell me he was selling some property and needed the money held in escrow for three months.....I called my bank and made wiring arrangements and went on vacation.....while on vacation my cell phone rang.....bank.....they said we thought we ought to call you and tell you we received the deposit....I said Oh, how much was it.....they said $1.3 million.....

Immanuel
09-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Interesting facts about me? I should leave this blank.

1) Spent 6 years in the Coast Guard Reserve several of those years I served with my brother and my father.
2) I don't hate liberals.
3) I don't hate conservatives.
4) I don't like politicians.
5) I grew up wanting to take Kenny Stabler's job away from him.
6) I'd like to write a book, even have a story, but just can't get passed the first chapter.
7) I hate the Dallas Cowboys and have ever since Jerry Jones took control. America's Team my ass!
8) I'd like to go to seminary, but I don't want to be a preacher.
9) I love to play games and since my wife doesn't I'm thrilled about computers so that I can play.
10) I am a native Californian living in Tampa, FL.
11) Someday, I'm going to write that book.
12) I studied Accounting, Finance and Financial Planning in college, and thought about a career in Financial Planning only problem is I can't sell a bottle of water to a dying man in the desert.

Immie

Yurt
09-05-2008, 05:03 PM
I grew up on a hog farm in Iowa and spent every weekend until I was 18 standing ankle deep in shit with a shovel in my hands.....

the day after my honeymoon, I had ten dollars left to my name....since then I have never had a bill paid late.....

I secured my spot in the 1st year class at law school by offering to be their token Iowa farmboy......that and scoring in the top 0.3% on the LSAT got me in....

I am a semi-reformed hippie and wear blue jeans to work unless I have to go to court.....

Once I had a client tell me he was selling some property and needed the money held in escrow for three months.....I called my bank and made wiring arrangements and went on vacation.....while on vacation my cell phone rang.....bank.....they said we thought we ought to call you and tell you we received the deposit....I said Oh, how much was it.....they said $1.3 million.....

:laugh2:

jimnyc
09-05-2008, 05:06 PM
I've been to every single state on the East Coast from Maine to Florida. Drove to Memphis once and stayed for a week. Flew into Cinci, Cleveland & Silicon Valley on business trips. My one time out of the country was to St. Lucia where I got married.

I cried when Frosty melted in the greenhouse. Then I would cry again every year watching it, even though I knew the fat bastard came back to life. I don't watch it anymore. I blame all my problems on that fucking fat white jerk off.

Also got a few tears at the graveyard scene in Private Ryan at the end. But the one that hit me the most was "Something for Joey" and the ending scene where his brother gives him the Heisman trophy.

I dislike slow drivers hogging up the left lane. I generally show my appreciation via my middle finger or cutting them off as I pass.

I am a certified internet addict. We lost power in that huge outage a few years back and I almost bit my own fingers off.

I'm an animal loving freak. Have owned dogs, cats, fish, lizards, turtles, ants, ferrets, rabbits, rats, mice, hamsters, guinea pigs...

Chance "meetings" with Donald Trump, Al Sharpton, Mike Tyson, Charles Barkley, Danny Devito, Heath Ledger, Jesse Jackson. Well, I'll be honest, I actually only passed by them in lobbies where I worked at a huge law firm. Did sort of meet Mike Tyson though. He was with his girlfriend, stopped at a newspaper stand in NYC. I talked Jackass into asking for his autograph on a $5 bill I had. After he signed it I encourage him to kick Jackass's ass! LOL

I am an extremely shy person, at least until I'm drunk.

I love boobies.

PostmodernProphet
09-05-2008, 05:55 PM
I love boobies.

that one's not news....

crin63
09-05-2008, 06:10 PM
1) I’ve been on television twice. One time was my oldest son smashing a pie in my face on Nickelodeon. Filmed 2 other times by studios but don’t know why.

2) I’ve worked at Universal & Paramount Studios. Seen lots of celebs but Paul Reiser was the only one that would acknowledge my existence. He walked by and said, “Hi, how you doin?”.

3) Annabella the lead singer of Bow Wow Wow sang, “I Want Candy” to me at a concert. She was really sweet and very humble.

4) I used to be 185 lbs and 3% body fat. My workout included 6 reps at 250. I gained 27 pounds of muscle in 9 months without steroids.

5) I rolled my truck on the freeway 7-8 times. It was like being in a blender. I was rear ended on the freeway.

6) I had 3 industrial injuries that led to ligament reconstruction on my ankle, arthroscopic on my knee and last but worst of all I had enough electricity run through my body to melt fillings in my mouth.

7) I became a Union Millwright when I was 17. Graduated 6 months early and pretty ran crews the rest of my career. I relocated a B-1 bomber flight simulator which was pretty cool and I helped develop the technology to create the fastest automotive battery production line in the world.

8) My first time on a plane was when I was 31 years old.

9) I’m very sappy when it comes to my wife and daughter.

10) I have in the neighborhood of 2 dozen guns and getting closer to 3 dozen all the time. Great investment.

11) I outright rejected God and Christianity from age 14 to 31. I became a Christian at age 32.

12) I’m somewhat obsessive compulsive but I use it to my advantage.

13) I used to be mistaken for Robby Benson when I was in my teens. Girls would run up to me to get their picture with me. It was pretty fun to play along. I was to nice to exploit it.

14) I give 20% - 25% of my annual income to charitable organizations and help others. Its just money and its just stuff. If it can be a blessing to others without me being made a fool of I’m happy.

15) I used to be a millionaire.

16) I got custody of my sons after my divorce in 1992. They were 6 & 3. I didn't have kids for anyone else to raise. I did it.

Said1
09-05-2008, 07:33 PM
I have a beagle. Arf.

crin63
09-05-2008, 07:42 PM
I have a beagle. Arf.

Living or stuffed?

PostmodernProphet
09-05-2008, 07:51 PM
1) I’ve been on television twice. One time was my oldest son smashing a pie in my face on Nickelodeon.

dude!....I saw that!.......:laugh2:

CatalystOfChaos
09-06-2008, 07:35 PM
1) I’ve been on television twice. One time was my oldest son smashing a pie in my face on Nickelodeon. Filmed 2 other times by studios but don’t know why.

My turn!

1.) I was that oldest son at the pie smashing event, 22 years old currently ;-)

2.) I've met a ton of Comedians, listening to comedy is one of my favorite things to do during my leisure time. Dane Cook, Dave Attel, John Pinette, etc.

3.) I have two different colored eyes. One is green, one is brown. This is referred to as hetero-chromium iridium. It also gets a lot of attention when I wear contacts, and I use this to my advantage ;-)

4.) I cry during sappy movies. The Notebook, Walk to Remember... I think its silly that men can't enjoy the reason these movies were made as well.

5.) I type over 120 wpm. These means I post fast and I post often.

6.) I own an English Bulldog named Roxy. She weighs over 50 lbs at only 7 months old. She was the biggest of her litter by almost double, so she had to be kept separately so the other puppies could eat. She chose me, I did not choose her.

7.) I worked at CompUSA for almost 5 years before its shut down, so know way too much about the retail experience. I have tons of respect and nothing but polite things to say to those who work in the service industries. I currently work for a contract representation company.

8.) I was a complete Star Wars nut. I used to read all the books, watch the movies repeatedly, collect the toys, etc. After Episode III, I cooled off quite a bit. I was one of those guys in line for 5 hours or so... in an Anakin costume. It was a convincing enough costume that children were asking for my autograph.

9.) I find that MMO video games (Massively Multiplayer Online game) are insanely interesting and relaxing. It's a whole other community to be a part of, and dynamics that are seen in real life are used in much different ways. I love the politics and systematics of the social arenas there. Of course, this wouldn't be fun if it was the only social area for me.

10.) I went to UC Riverside until the financial aid system, which is terrible, prevented my return. I was a 5th year English Major, but will have to finish my degree elsewhere.

11.) I am completely addicted to television dramas. Nip Tuck, Dexter, Californication... if its funny and an ongiong show, chances are I'll love it. Heroes and Lost... I don't get the interest in them.

12.) My user handle (Catalyst of Chaos) was a name that my girlfriend jokingly referred to me as one day at Disneyland, and I ran with it. I like to stir up people to make things fun, as is a family tradition (my dad, uncle, grandpa, every male in our family has the knack.)

Yurt
09-06-2008, 08:46 PM
welcome COC :cheers2:

Mr. P
09-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Just a boring Southern white guy.

I love "bold" peanuts! That's "boiled" for you yanks. :laugh2:

crin63
09-06-2008, 09:44 PM
My turn!

1.) I was that oldest son at the pie smashing event, 22 years old currently ;-)

12.) My user handle (Catalyst of Chaos) was a name that my girlfriend jokingly referred to me as one day at Disneyland, and I ran with it. I like to stir up people to make things fun, as is a family tradition (my dad, uncle, grandpa, every male in our family has the knack.)

In case you all missed it. This is my oldest son.

I could tell it was somebody I knew because of the way they followed my posts. He told me after about a dozen posts. To maintain my integrity and his I asked to mention he was my son as soon as I found out.

Yurt
09-06-2008, 10:00 PM

I could tell it was somebody I knew because of the way they followed my posts. He told me after about a dozen posts. To maintain my integrity and his I asked to mention he was my son as soon as I found out.

oh, it would have been fine without knowing...now i have slant because i know you....:laugh2:

CatalystOfChaos
09-06-2008, 10:44 PM

Treat him well, he's a good guy :-)

crin63
09-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Treat him well, he's a good guy :-)

Yurt's one of the good guys! No worries there.

CatalystOfChaos
09-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Yurt's one of the good guys! No worries there.

There are bad guys here???

:eek: :eek: :eek:

crin63
09-07-2008, 12:42 AM

and girls!!!

CatalystOfChaos
09-07-2008, 12:43 AM
and girls!!!

Now, bad girls is a whole other story!

Where are those at? I want to say hello ;-)

Yurt
09-07-2008, 01:18 AM

http://www.wiltonlibrary.org/ya/blog/boo-did-i-skeerd-u.jpg

AFbombloader
09-07-2008, 06:45 AM
- I have loaded a 2000 lb bomb
- I put an AIM-7 missile on an F-15 that shot down an Iraqi Mirage F-1 (1991)
- I have broken the sound barrier and flew an F-15c (for a few minutes)
- I have gone from 0 ft to 18000 feet straight up
- I have been to 40 states (life goal to get all 50)
- I have set foot on 4 of the 7 continents (life goal to get all 7)
- I was an extra in The Affair http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112305/
- My sons are both dual citizens in the US and UK
- I used to surf
- I really don't like mass produced beer, love microbeer and British beer
- I have never done any drugs
- I am scared to death of having to get a real job when I retire in two months

AF:salute:

Gadget (fmr Marine)
09-07-2008, 09:18 AM
I'll give it a try.....

> I an ride a unicycle and juggle
> I can write backward and in cursive with both hands (mirror image)
> I have 5 brothers and 4 step brothers
> I've had meals with the band Poison, Ted Nugent, Paul Schaffer, John Mellencamp, Rage Against the Machine, Elvis Costello, Cher, Tim McGraw and his family, Garth Brooks....and quite a few more....and not at the same time....
> I have lived in 9 states, and visited them all (except Alaska)
> I went to the hospital for the first time for stitches the same day Evel Kneival tried to jump the Snake River Canyon

jackass
09-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Just a boring Southern white guy.

I love "bold" peanuts! That's "boiled" for you yanks. :laugh2:

UUUhhhgggg!!!! :puke:

Mr. P
09-07-2008, 02:28 PM
UUUhhhgggg!!!! :puke:

Clearly a YANK! :laugh2:

emmett
09-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Twenty facts you may....or may not know about Emmett!

1. Formally, I have a 10th grade education!
2. I am a repoman and have been a truck driver, am a biker and was a sailor (UN Navy 76-79)and grew up a hippe but ironically have no tattoos and no pierced left ear.
3. I have driven over 200 mph in a car AND on a motorcycle
4. I do not want to eat at Abbey's house unless we are having Lobster Rolls!
5. I have met Clint Eastwood (delivered a car to him), Major General George Gelsteen (moved him while with United Van Lines in 1981) and Ed Dodd (the creator of the comic Mark Trail, a close personal friend)
6. Started a business with a five gallon bottle of saved pocket change, earned millions with it in less than five years and lost it all in a friviolous lawsuit.
7. While I was a truck driver I ate at motel breakfast buffets for free all over the country without staying there!
8. I once lost a wallet and it was returned to me 18 years later, with the money still in it!
9. I have been interviewed on TV three times.....(in relation to a murder case I helped solve, trying out at fantasy baseball camp for the Braves in 1983 and in a documentary about the repossession business)
10. I am writing a book about my life, "The Take Back Man" which one of these days I look forward to having all my friends on DP read.
11. I was born an illegitimate child but ended up a single father of two sons(one biological, one adopted).
12. In school I never lost a decision as a starting pitcher for my high school baseball team. I started my first varsity game as a 13 year old in the eighth grade. HS record 23-0.
13. I absolutely cannot stand snakes. They scare the shit out of me!!!
14. Currently....I live in a camper!
15. I also think Sarah Palin is on fire!!!!!
16. Never spanked as a child!
17. I never fired a gun in my life until I earned a Sharpshooter's ribbon with rifle and expert with pistol in the military. Today I can draw and LOAD a revolver and hit a tossed object, .....including coins.
18. I have never sunbathed naked!
19. I have ran for the State Directorship of a political rights organization in my state. I lost by 27 votes!
20. I have met two members of this board! Names withheld for privacy! NO.....I did not have sex with them!

Abbey Marie
09-07-2008, 05:04 PM
4. I do not want to eat at Abbey's house unless we are having Lobster Rolls!

Smart decision, Emmett. :laugh2:

Trigg
09-07-2008, 05:10 PM
After reading these, I think I've lived a boring life.

I'm now off to Cali to meet someone famous and have dinner with them, or at least be an extra in a movie.

Abbey Marie
09-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Added, since it seems customary:

1. Except for a quick business trip to Microsoft in Redmond, WA, I haven't been west of Pittsburgh. I have been to Europe.
2. John McEnroe once bought me drinks. (He was very charming).
3. I was "interviewed" by a TV show on a beautiful NYC spring day, sitting on the steps of St. Patrick's. Hard-hitting question: What's it like to spend your lunch hour outside people-watching on a beautiful spring day? It was on TV that night, I'm told. Riveting stuff, I tell you.

manu1959
09-07-2008, 05:16 PM

I'm now off to Cali to meet someone famous and have dinner with them, or at least be an extra in a movie.

swing by for cocktails on the veranda............

Trigg
09-07-2008, 05:24 PM
swing by for cocktails on the veranda............

Ok, I"ll pack my camera

emmett
09-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Abbey.......tonight I am having Lobster! I just ran over to Kroger and bought one.

I'm gonna steam it then........

First I will make some rice and let it sit for about an hour with the top on so it will cool.

then.......

I will stir fry some mushrooms, about a quarter of an onion (sliced long ways) and an orange bell pepper.

Then....

I mix up my own famous stir fry sauce (garlic oil, sesame oil, wee bit of sugar, some flour, a pinch, some white wine, rice vinager and high grade Japanese Soy sauce).

I cut my lobster tail up into pieces

Then I heat my wok until it is almost red hot. Put about three table spoons of Walnut oil in it and before it has a chance to get too hot throw everything else in. It makes a wonderful sound as it fries and I wait with anticipation.....while licking chops.

Then....

I gobble it up like a biggun!

Gaffer
09-07-2008, 07:37 PM
I played drums and guitar in a band.

I am an artist.

Won a number of writing awards for feature articles.

I have a B/A in Criminal Justice.

I was a prison guard at a maximum security prison.

I was a deputy sheriff.

I'm a combat veteran.

I spent a week in Tokyo.

I have been married twice. NEVER again.

I was single parent until the second marriage.

I'm a conservative atheist.

The first time I voted was in 1968, I voted for Nixon.

I hate rap and hiphop.

Had a heart attack and quadruple bypass surgery in Dec 02.

Experienced a hurricane, many earthquakes, tornadoes and blizzards.

I don't like heights. This from a guy who use to sit in the open doorway of a chopper and stand on the runner when it went in.

I saw the inside of the SAC command center at Offett AFB.

At one time I had a top secret clearance.

I have dealt with infamous prisoners.

I'm good friends with George Clooneys uncle.

I've never done drugs.

I don't have any tattoos.

An inmate in jail once made a voodoo doll of me.

Abbey Marie
09-07-2008, 07:39 PM
I have dealt with infamous prisoners.

Tell!

emmett
09-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Damn Gaff.......you got it going on brother!

I for got to mention that I hate hip hop and rap too.

emmett
09-07-2008, 08:20 PM
I think there are some fascinating people on here. This thread proves it........let's see some more. Great thread Abbey!!!!!

Abbey Marie
09-07-2008, 08:21 PM
I think there are some fascinating people on here. This thread proves it........let's see some more. Great thread Abbey!!!!!

Thanks, but it was Darin's thread, Emmett. He gets all the credit!

Gaffer
09-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Tell!

One was donald harvey. Another was big financier whose name escapes me right now. Something like Baumgardner.

Murderers, serial killers, robbers, rapists, you name it I dealt with them. Only one ever really tried to be a bad ass. He only tried that once.

Abbey Marie
09-07-2008, 08:41 PM
One was donald harvey. Another was big financier whose name escapes me right now. Something like Baumgardner.

Murderers, serial killers, robbers, rapists, you name it I dealt with them. Only one ever really tried to be a bad ass. He only tried that once.

Have you thought of working in the schools? They could use a strong disciplinarian like you.

Gaffer
09-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Damn Gaff.......you got it going on brother!

I for got to mention that I hate hip hop and rap too.

I have been around quite a while. And always been one who wants to get in the thick of it and do something. I hate watching from the sidelines. I'm surprised I have survived this long. But I have been sidelined now so I watch what's going on and give my opinions here.

I'm definitely not bored with retirement, but I sometime get the urge to go where the action is and take part.

Oh, I was an air traffic controller for a short time. I didn't like it.

Gaffer
09-07-2008, 08:52 PM

Have you thought of working in the schools? They could use a strong disciplinarian like you.

Yeah just have to refresh on my take down holds and I would be ready to go. If they ever go back to hands on discipline I'm there. :laugh2:

AFbombloader
09-15-2008, 11:31 PM

Hey Trigg, I can't wait to get back to the "boring" life in Indiana!

Kathianne
09-15-2008, 11:41 PM
I have been around quite a while. And always been one who wants to get in the thick of it and do something. I hate watching from the sidelines. I'm surprised I have survived this long. But I have been sidelined now so I watch what's going on and give my opinions here.

I'm definitely not bored with retirement, but I sometime get the urge to go where the action is and take part.

Oh, I was an air traffic controller for a short time. I didn't like it.

Gaffer, I'm with Abbey on this. You have way too much to offer to keep it home and only with your grandchildren. Be a 'reader' at one of the schools near you or visit the middle schools/high schools for veteran's days, (not limited to the 'holiday.') I think you and the students would get a lot out of it.

emmett
09-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Gaffer.... My advice is that you should purchase a big fat Harley Davidson motorcycle and ride it around the country next summer. The exposure will assist you in deciding what you want to do with yourself.

With all those talents my friend I am certain you will find you niche "somewhere....out there!" If don't....well...screw it, you rode around the country on a motorcycle.

emmett
09-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Come on Psycho.......don't be shy! Spread it out for em one time! I think the members would be quite suprised to see who you really are!

Trigg
09-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Hey Trigg, I can't wait to get back to the "boring" life in Indiana!

4 more weeks right????

We'll throw a party when you get here.

Abbey Marie
09-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Come on Psycho.......don't be shy! Spread it out for em one time! I think the members would be quite suprised to see who you really are!

Emmett, are you suggesting that Psycho is well-known?

Or that he is a second screen name for a poster?

AFbombloader
09-16-2008, 04:55 PM
4 more weeks right????

We'll throw a party when you get here.

6 weeks and 4 days, but who is counting!

Mr. P
09-16-2008, 05:36 PM
6 weeks and 4 days, but who is counting!

In my time you were called a "Two Digit Midget". Or "short". :laugh2:

Do they still use that phrase?

emmett
09-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Emmett, are you suggesting that Psycho is well-known?

Or that he is a second screen name for a poster?

No ma'am! I am just anxious in a way to see Psycho be recognized for who he his. I can't tell as I am sworn not to and it would be absolutely against everything I stand for to break my word.

The fact is however I remember him taking (and giving) some pretty good heat, especially on the other board about some of his claims made in the heat of arguments. Fact is from everything I have found out, even the most outrageous of them.........were true!

David is a unique bird. My politics and his are as far from each other as can possibly be however I like the guy. Frankly I respect him also. I think he can be a horses ass at times, again more on the old board rather than here as he has made an obvious attempt to "clean it up" a little here and I hope it was a conversation he and I had oh.......16 months or so ago that may have had a little influence on that. Let me say, it wasn't so much something I said to him that would have brought about this change, it was something he said to me.

With the dissention that is prevelant here it is sometimes very boring to attempt to bebate with the left. The hateful attitudes and apparent intention on their part to merely smear and not conduct conversation, I have found David over the past year to be a true credit to other sides arguments. He always had the ability, as he is obviously a well educated and very intelligent individual, to bring you an argument that requires something other than the normal.

The right does the same thing on here that the left does and we see it every day. The righties do appear to have a bit more substance of course. I probably say this with bius because I agree with a conservative agenda more than a liberal one. Most though seem to use the board as more of an outlet than a means of discussing issues. The issues just seem to be the means to get started slandering and namecalling. David has shyed away from this for the main part and I think it is due to the fact that he really wants to bring some debate on issues that he feels are important. It could be that he is seeing what a pitiful example the lefties are becoming and wants to distance himself from that in some way. Irregardless, back to your question.

People's privacy are very important! I am a Libertarian so as such, it would be cowardly of me to tell more about a member than they would want someone to know. I can say this.....accusations were made by many here and on USMB about the credability of a few of claims....that he was a liar about certain accomplishments and experiences that seemed indeed VERY hard to believe. He responded with immature namecalling and innuendo himself. All that aside the members of this board would be absolutely "SHOCKED" if they knew what I know about this man. That is all I CAN say and it is all I WILL say.

I just wish he would seize the opportunity on this thread to spread a few of those accomplishments up here for us, I think it would be very interesting. This is a great thread. I wish everbody would throw theirs up. Extraordinary....Normal everday.....whatever....it shows the diversity of a group of folks that have spent a great deal of time together actually, and to me.....that is very interesting! It's the mystique of knowing you have spent so much time interacting with folks that you don't know. I mean what if we all lived in the same neighborhood, it wouldn't be the same.

Of course if we did live in the same hood.....I'd have Abbey eating Stir Fried Chicken in a week! :laugh2:

Psychoblues
09-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks, emmie, seriously, thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!!

I gave a bio over there, of which you have already spoken, and I give bits and pieces here as well. Whether all of it was truly true or not probably depends on how much Busch I'd had at the time but all of it was at least technically correct. Even drunk and old, I still do pretty well with my words, personal facts and my fists!!!!!!!!!

I don't remember the conversation that you and I had that may have changed anything about either of us but I've been known to forget some really significant things before!!!!!!!!! You know that I tend to operate off the cuff, don't you? Anymore, comprehensive anything just fu*ks my mind slam up!!!!!!!!!!!

In the meantime, I am only Psychoblues and have been since 1976!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not have any other screen names and I do not pretend to be anyone or anything that I am not!!!!!!!

Thanks again, emmie, and hold that rig between the ditches!!!!!!!!!!

Can I get you a sasperilly?!?!?!?!?!???!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

AFbombloader
09-16-2008, 06:40 PM
In my time you were called a "Two Digit Midget". Or "short". :laugh2:

Do they still use that phrase?

They still use both those phrases, and I am proud to be them! I am doing my best to not be a "ROAD" sergeant Retired On Active Duty! I still have to work, or at least make sure they don't find me on DP!

I personally like the FIIGMO saying, whenever I am tasked to do something I say FIIGMO. F*& It I Got My Orders!

Mr. P
09-16-2008, 06:52 PM
They still use both those phrases, and I am proud to be them! I am doing my best to not be a "ROAD" sergeant Retired On Active Duty! I still have to work, or at least make sure they don't find me on DP!

I personally like the FIIGMO saying, whenever I am tasked to do something I say FIIGMO. F*& It I Got My Orders!

"ROAD" sounds much like what we called "LIFER" Lazy Inefficient F'r Expecting Retirement. :laugh2:

AFbombloader
09-16-2008, 07:04 PM
"ROAD" sounds much like what we called "LIFER" Lazy Inefficient F'r Expecting Retirement. :laugh2:

Hadn't heard that one! Hows the saying go....if the shoe fits! :laugh2:

Psychoblues
09-16-2008, 07:11 PM
You sound like you were more like me, afbl, and was more concerned with your latest mission instruction and you realize that you are Snafu'd!!!!!

Hadn't heard that one! Hows the saying go....if the shoe fits! :laugh2:

Situation Nomal All Fu*ked Up

Enjoy what you have left in the AF, afbl. As much as you think you won't miss it, you certainly will miss it!!!!!!!!!!

Have an OB beer on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AFbombloader
09-16-2008, 11:32 PM
You sound like you were more like me, afbl, and was more concerned with your latest mission instruction and you realize that you are Snafu'd!!!!!

Situation Nomal All Fu*ked Up

Enjoy what you have left in the AF, afbl. As much as you think you won't miss it, you certainly will miss it!!!!!!!!!!

Have an OB beer on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about I have a Hite, don't really like OB. I know I will miss the AF, the people more than anything else. But you have to move on with your life, right?

Psychoblues
09-17-2008, 01:42 AM
You may simply miss the Hite, afbl.

How about I have a Hite, don't really like OB. I know I will miss the AF, the people more than anything else. But you have to move on with your life, right?

But your friends, you will never forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are more precious to you than you currently realize!!!!!!!!!! I know, my friend. I've already done all that!!!!!!!!!

CharlesAngelicus
09-17-2008, 02:09 AM
Stuff about Psychoblues snipped..

I have to concur. PB is a lot smarter than most people here probably give him credit for. The right-wing circle jerk that seems to infest a lot of forums needs a counter-voice to at least try and bring the conversation into something that resembles interesting, otherwise you just get a bunch of "me too" posts. Reading through PBs posts, I'd say that you need to read everything obliquely. Don't take the simplest interpretation, because there's almost always something deeper going on.

<back to lurking>

Noir
09-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Interesting stuff about moi? well i wouldn't call it interesting but...

I'm British
I'm the current North Down public speaking champion
I still can't tell Asians apart
I had to repeat last year at school cuss i failed me exams
Last year i got to the semi-finals of the Northern Irish schools debating championship in the team section.
And the final of the Individual championship
I still haven't forgiven the Asians for pearl harbour
I am both a full time worker in a shop and a full time student, rather tiring.
I style my hair on that of Morrissey
I'm a Mod
I love eating tins of cold custard
Can not spell for cookies, as i'm sure you can see in this post
I think we should put all the Asians in one city...and wall it off...lets give them New York...and call it...Asainopolis.
I volenter at our local british red cross one day a week.
I have never, and will never smoke or drink, i hate drugs with a passion.

And thats that, i think.

Psychoblues
09-19-2008, 02:38 AM
Do you realize just how disgusting you are, Noir?

Noir
09-19-2008, 04:19 AM
It seems not, pray tell?

Psychoblues
09-21-2008, 03:20 AM
Nothing to tell, Noirnut. Your "Bite Sized Herpes" and other insults and ignorances expose about all that needs any discussion. Do you need instruction?

Noir
09-21-2008, 05:10 AM
lawl psychobabe, iif you have anyproblems with bits of my Posts or wee messages then bring them up at the time, and I'm sure I'm allot less ignorent than you think,

Psychoblues
09-21-2008, 05:16 AM
You're every bit as beautiful as you claim, I suppose.

lawl psychobabe, iif you have anyproblems with bits of my Posts or wee messages then bring them up at the time, and I'm sure I'm allot less ignorent than you think,

Give it a good shot and produce anything resembling intelligence, OK?

Noir
09-21-2008, 05:54 AM
You're every bit as beautiful as you claim, I suppose.

Give it a good shot and produce anything resembling intelligence, OK?

Give what a good shot?