PDA

View Full Version : Palin Claim On EBay plane Sale Doesn't Fly

Psychoblues
09-05-2008, 10:58 PM
She lost money on the sale and the savings for the citizens of Alaska. She is a demagogue in the very worst sense. The plane did not sell on ebay even though the ebay CEO was a spokesperson in the convention.

Source: Chicago Trib

JUNEAU, Alaska — When Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin sought to illustrate her frugality and flair to delegates at the GOP convention Wednesday, she described how she disposed of a corporate jet acquired by her unpopular predecessor.

"That luxury jet was over the top," Palin, the Republican vice presidential nominee, said to loud cheers. "I put it on eBay."

Palin's statement implied the plane was sold through the online auction site revered for empowering millions of small entrepreneurs, and Palin's spokeswoman insisted Thursday that the transaction occurred. But the plane failed to sell on eBay.

Instead, the 23-year-old 10-seat Westwind II was sold in August 2007 for $2.1 million to a Valdez, Alaska, entrepreneur; that's about $300,000 less than a broker's asking price, according to news accounts.

Also, while Palin characterized the plane as an extravagance of former Gov. Frank Murkowski, who arranged for its purchase in November 2005, the plane saw heavy use transporting Alaskan convicts............

When the state first began using the plane in November 2005, prisoner transport accounted for 58 percent of the jet's use, and Murkowski's office used it 23 percent of the time. Over time, Murkowski's usage increased........

More: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-palin_planesep05,0,3470364.story

Read it and weep, liars!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

stephanie
09-05-2008, 11:01 PM
weep, liars...ok joe steel Jr..:rolleyes:

MtnBiker
09-05-2008, 11:04 PM
"That luxury jet was over the top," Palin, the Republican vice presidential nominee, said to loud cheers. "I put it on eBay."

She did put it on eBay. Anything more than that is an assumption.

stephanie
09-05-2008, 11:06 PM
and she sold the friggin plane, instead of using it...so that makes her a baaaaad person...

I've heard it all now...:laugh2:

MtnBiker
09-05-2008, 11:10 PM
and she sold the friggin plane, instead of using it...so that makes her a baaaaad person...

That is right Stephanie.

So let see are any of these statements not true?

1. Governor Palin made and executive decision that the jet plane was no longer needed.

2. She put the plane on eBay.

3. The plane was sold.

Abbey Marie
09-05-2008, 11:10 PM

I wish that were true, Stephnie, but you know they will come up with yet more ridiculous bs before this is done. I have never seen them all in such a tailspin. Gov. Palin must be making them soil their diapers.

Psychoblues
09-05-2008, 11:18 PM
1. The plane did not sell on ebay even after 3 attempts.

2. The State Of Alaska lost money on the sale.

3. Both John McCain and Sarah Phalin misrepresented the deal to the American people.

4. Bullshit is still bullshit whether you like the smell or not.

Questions?

Immanuel
09-05-2008, 11:18 PM
According to the report that you posted she did put it on ebay.

It did sell later though.

Also, you claim that she lost money on the sale. I'm sorry, but I don't see it that way. It was a 23 year old plane with an asking price of $2.4 million according to the article, but it sold for $2.1.

Something else to note, the plane had been used mostly for transporting prisoners. One has to wonder what kind of condition it was in, depreciation on the plane and the real value of the plane itself before saying whether or not she lost money on the deal.

The broker asked for $2.4 million. That doesn't mean that plane was worth $2.4 million. Other factors such as the economy may have played a factor in the sales price as well.

Maybe $2.4 million was the asking price, but maybe the best offer was $2.1 million and maybe, just maybe it was a reasonable offer. When haggling over a sale the seller asks in the high range, the buyer offers the low range and the meet somewhere in the middle.

Immie

manu1959
09-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Instead, the 23-year-old 10-seat Westwind II was sold in August 2007 for $2.1 million to a Valdez, Alaska, entrepreneur; that's about $300,000 less than a broker's asking price, according to news accounts.

she sells a 23 year old plane for 2.1 million......thus also saving hanger costs fuel cost maintenace costs and pilot costs.....

and all you all can say is it didn't sell for what the broker was asking.....

seems she saved the tax payers quite a bit of money......

MtnBiker
09-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Immie makes some great points. And add to that the value of the plane is not the cost of the plane. The greater cost of the plane would be operating, maintaing and staffing the plane. The Govenor reduced all of those costs from the state budget.

And I will reiterate;

So let see are any of these statements not true?

1. Governor Palin made and executive decision that the jet plane was no longer needed.

2. She put the plane on eBay.

3. The plane was sold.

retiredman
09-05-2008, 11:26 PM
both she and McCain have stated that she sold it on eBay for a profit. lies.

manu1959
09-05-2008, 11:27 PM
both she and McCain have stated that she sold it on eBay for a profit. lies.

how is 2.1 million dollars not a profit?

Psychoblues
09-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Have you seen and compared the alternatives and actual costs of the subsequent costs to the Amercan/Alaskan peoples post the sale? If not, I suspect your bullshit is about as credcible as the bullshit presented at the RNC.

she sells a 23 year old plane for 2.1 million......thus also saving hanger costs fuel cost maintenace costs and pilot costs.....

and all you all can say is it didn't sell for what the broker was asking.....

seems she saved the tax payers quite a bit of money......

I'll tell you as I have been told here before, m'59. Give something credible or just shut the fuck up. Really, cowgirl, I thinketh you don't know what you are talking about.

retiredman
09-05-2008, 11:31 PM
and the guy she sold it to - at a loss - just happened to be a bigtime republican contributor. imagine that.

retiredman
09-05-2008, 11:32 PM
how is 2.1 million dollars not a profit?

how much money did the state pay to BUY the plane in the first place?

If she sold it for $50 would that have been a "profit" in your world?

Mr. P
09-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Believe me, if she sold a 23-year-old Westwind II for $2.1 million, SHE DID GOOD!

actsnoblemartin
09-05-2008, 11:34 PM
you know i love ya brother, but this is way over the top.

The insults are completely unneccesary and i say that as youre friend, and because i know youre smarter then this.

Hope you can handle a bit of constructive criticism :poke:

Have you seen and compared the alternatives and actual costs of the subsequent costs to the Amercan/Alaskan peoples post the sale? If not, I suspect your bullshit is about as credcible as the bullshit presented at the RNC.

I'll tell you as I have been told here before, m'59. Give something credible or just shut the fuck up. Really, cowgirl, I thinketh you don't know what you are talking about.

MtnBiker
09-05-2008, 11:35 PM
and how much was it amortized

retiredman
09-05-2008, 11:36 PM
and how much was it amortized

do you mean, how much was it depreciated as a capital asset?

Abbey Marie
09-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Believe me, if she sold a 23-year-old Westwind II for $2.1 million, SHE DID GOOD!

Not to mention all the decrease in jet fuel pollution. Aren't these libs green anymore?

Mr. P
09-05-2008, 11:58 PM
Not to mention all the decrease in jet fuel pollution. Aren't these libs green anymore?

Operating cost on a jet aircraft are very high...this aircraft could easily cost $500 per/hr per engine just for maintenance. That's $1000 (two engines) per hr times x hrs flown...it ain't cheap. That doesn't include any of the other operating costs/expense, like tires, brakes, x-rays, inspections, mandatory parts replacement, fuel...the list is long.

Psychoblues
09-06-2008, 12:06 AM
How so, brown cow?

you know i love ya brother, but this is way over the top.

The insults are completely unneccesary and i say that as youre friend, and because i know youre smarter then this.

Hope you can handle a bit of constructive criticism :poke:

1. The bitch sold the state jet at a loss.

2. The bitch lied about selling it on ebay.

3. The bitch failed to reaveal the the CEO of eBay was a monetarily contributing and speaker of and at the RNC.

4. The bitch implies her decision was somehow responsible without providing the information as to how her charter flights impact the tax base of Alaska.

5. The bitch talks in unknown tongues and I don't believe anything she has to say about God, Government or her intentions to improve anything.

But, maybe the waitress in the diner was just lying about the bitch. Correct me if I am wrong. Anything you say, sambo, is OK with me.

Yurt
09-06-2008, 01:15 AM
how in the hell does someone think they can buy a plane, use that plane...for transporting prisoners etc...adding mucho hours to the engines....and then sell it a couple of years later for MORE than they bought it for...and how do you know the plane was bought at a good price? maybe 2.7 mill was TOO MUCH

good lord, you libs have lost it

and where in the article does it say palin said she "sold" it on ebay, where? your look does not support she said that, only that she put it on ebay...

Yurt
09-06-2008, 01:15 AM
How so, brown cow?

3. The bitch failed to reaveal the the CEO of eBay was a monetarily contributing and speaker of and at the RNC.

4. The bitch implies her decision was somehow responsible without providing the information as to how her charter flights impact the tax base of Alaska.

5. The bitch talks in unknown tongues and I don't believe anything she has to say about God, Government or her intentions to improve anything.

But, maybe the waitress in the diner was just lying about the bitch. Correct me if I am wrong. Anything you say, sambo, is OK with me.

sexist beeyotch

Psychoblues
09-06-2008, 01:35 AM
According to an Alaskan waitress Mrs. Palin described the success of Obama over Clinton as, and I quote, "Sambo Beat The Bitch". Have you not heard? Sexism and racism is now plenty OK in the Republicon circles!!!!!!!!

sexist beeyotch

You ae such a turd, yuk.

Missileman
09-06-2008, 01:42 AM
According to an Alaskan waitress Mrs. Palin described the success of Obama over Clinton as, and I quote, "Sambo Beat The Bitch". Have you not heard? Sexism and racism is now plenty OK in the Republicon circles!!!!!!!!

You ae such a turd, yuk.

Hey dude! The dishwasher says the waitress is a lying bitch.

Psychoblues
09-06-2008, 01:46 AM
I haven't read that!!!!!!!!

Hey dude! The dishwasher says the waitress is a lying bitch.

Do you have a link or are you just a lying bitch yourself, mm?

Missileman
09-06-2008, 01:49 AM
I haven't read that!!!!!!!!

Do you have a link or are you just a lying bitch yourself, mm?

No, just got off the phone with the dishwasher, who understandibly, prefers to remain anonymous.

Psychoblues
09-06-2008, 01:56 AM
Did you ask him why he wasn't washing dishes but instead out on the floor eavesdropping on client conversations?

No, just got off the phone with the dishwasher, who understandibly, prefers to remain anonymous.

I didn't think so, dumbass. I think you have nothing but more lies to cover up your other ones.

Keep your day gig, cowgirl. Las Vegas just ain't ready for you yet.

Missileman
09-06-2008, 01:59 AM
Did you ask him why he wasn't washing dishes but instead out on the floor eavesdropping on client conversations?

I didn't think so, dumbass. I think you have nothing but more lies to cover up your other ones.

Keep your day gig, cowgirl. Las Vegas just ain't ready for you yet.

If it's a link that you require for substantiation, here you go. The dishwasher's account is now verified to the exact same level as the waitresses.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=292992&postcount=26

Psychoblues
09-06-2008, 02:07 AM
What is it with you, mm? Are you really that ignorant?

If it's a link that you require for substantiation, here you go. The dishwasher's account is now verified to the exact same level as the waitresses.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=292992&postcount=26

And are you satisfied being that way?

Missileman
09-06-2008, 02:10 AM
What is it with you, mm? Are you really that ignorant?

And are you satisfied being that way?

Pass the keyboard and mouse to the couple of brain cells you have left that aren't pickled and maybe we can proceed.

Psychoblues
09-06-2008, 02:16 AM
What's your consternation, mm? Are you so concerned that you resort to that level of ignorance? Give it your best shot, cowgirl. I remain at the keyboard and ready to answer any question you have.

Pass the keyboard and mouse to the couple of brain cells you have left that aren't pickled and maybe we can proceed.

You're more of a shithead than I ever imagined!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missileman
09-06-2008, 02:21 AM
What's your consternation, mm? Are you so concerned that you resort to that level of ignorance? Give it your best shot, cowgirl. I remain at the keyboard and ready to answer any question you have.

You're more of a shithead than I ever imagined!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try this one then: What gives your story about an alleged waitress any more veracity than my story about an alleged dishwasher?

Psychoblues
09-06-2008, 02:25 AM
I produced a link with credentials. You advocate sillyness and innuendo.

Try this one then: What gives your story about an alleged waitress any more veracity than my story about an alleged dishwasher?

Does that satisfy your feeble mind?

Missileman
09-06-2008, 02:41 AM
I produced a link with credentials. You advocate sillyness and innuendo.

Does that satisfy your feeble mind?

No, you produced a link with an unsubstantiated allegation. A fancy banner at the top of the page doesn't make a site credible. You aren't really so stupid as to believe everything you read on the internet are you?

Psychoblues
09-06-2008, 03:21 AM
I certainly give that article more cred than I could possibly offer to you, mm.

No, you produced a link with an unsubstantiated allegation. A fancy banner at the top of the page doesn't make a site credible. You aren't really so stupid as to believe everything you read on the internet are you?

Can you offer anything beyond your internet handle to counter the allegation?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I didn't think so.

PostmodernProphet
09-06-2008, 04:35 AM
I certainly give that article more cred than I could possibly offer to you, mm.

:

and that, obviously, is the problem......

stephanie
09-06-2008, 04:40 AM
How so, brown cow?

you are sounding pathetic..are you on whiskey now?

Sitarro
09-06-2008, 05:22 AM

No shit Mr. P, I remember those "lead sleds" as Jet Commanders before the Israelis started building them under a new name, you couldn't give them away. Heavy, underpowered and with 10 seats it would feel like a flying coffin. I've been in a Jet Commander and it was narrow and cramped compared with any aircraft of today, give me a King Air over that shit.

Sitarro
09-06-2008, 05:25 AM
How so, brown cow?

You seem to be an even bigger asswipe than usual, is it that time of the month or did you run out of that rot gut colored water you pretend is beer?

Yurt
09-06-2008, 11:39 AM

You ae such a turd, yuk.

i guess i would seem like that you with your bullshit colored glasses on...

how in the hell does someone think they can buy a plane, use that plane...for transporting prisoners etc...adding mucho hours to the engines....and then sell it a couple of years later for MORE than they bought it for...and how do you know the plane was bought at a good price? maybe 2.7 mill was TOO MUCH

good lord, you libs have lost it

and where in the article does it say palin said she "sold" it on ebay, where? your look does not support she said that, only that she put it on ebay...

i noticed you skipped right over this and replied to my beeyotch post....:laugh2:

KitchenKitten99
09-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Again you show the information retention abilities and the logic comprehension of an amoeba.

Pay attention, I will only post this once.

So it sold for less than the target price. So what? Better than being a cash cow costing the Alaska taxpayers money that could (and now is) better spent elsewhere. At least it is off the state budget. She is saving the taxpayers thousands of dollars on the fuel alone. Then there is the savings of insuring it, staffing it with a pilot or two (i don't know if you need more than one), and maintenence/repair costs.

She never said it actually sold on eBay, only that she put it up for sale that way. She said nothing about its' actual sale method, not that she had to, because it was sold, regardless of method. It very well could have had a reserve price but no one met it and they weren't willing to go below it, then along came a private buyer who just happened to buy it outright and saved the government money on relisting the thing. Remember, eBay gets commission off all auction sales.

So why should this be important? Lots of companies contribute monetarily to campaigns. Did someone fail to list eBay CEO as a contributor on the campaign donation disclosure? If so, then there might be a legitimate gripe. But unless someone asks about who is contributing, why would one company's donation, or even the employee of said company be worth mentioning and not the rest of the contributors.

Apparently you lack basic math logic or any logic for that matter. The cost to fly via charter is far cheaper than owning and maintaining, and staffing a private jet. If private jets were cheaper than flying commercial charters, wouldn't more people opt for that route rather than deal with airline prices and the lost baggage and possibility of being bumped off and needing to wait. Private jets are far more expensive to use on a regular basis.

Again with this 'unknown tongues' issue... you seem to have a decent grasp of the written English language based on your typing and ability to spell most things correctly, but maybe you are not fluent in the speaking of English, because everything she says is plain and unfettered by jargon, doublespeak, and simple enough for even a 5th grader to understand what she is talking about. Tell you what. How about you post an exact quote that you feel is hard to understand and either myself or someone else who is knowledgeable, can decipher it for you so you can understand it better.

And about the waitress ordeal? Could it be just that the waitress is a hardcore liberal who wants her 15 minutes of fame for no other reason than to smear the VP candidate because it is the cool thing to do right now? Liberals have no shame. They broke the Macy's display window down in St. Paul, because they somehow felt that targeting a store that had nothing to do with the RNC would make people sympathetic to their cause or think vandalism isn't illegal when they consider it part of the first amendment. Bunch of frickin prats.

NightTrain
09-07-2008, 04:20 AM
Fascinating how you Liberals are suddenly intensely curious and asking stupid questions about subjects that all of us have been aware of for years, but here's the scoop.

Frank Murkowski, the incumbent Governor that Palin spanked soundly, bought the jet for himself over the overwhelming disapproval of Alaskans. He wanted a private jet and bought it anyway, even when confronted with overwhelming disapproval ratings from Alaskans. He did whatever he wanted, and paid the price with his career.

Sarah Palin got rid of the Jet as soon as she took office, like she said she would.

Governor's jet to be sold on eBay
WESTWIND II: The plane became a point of ridicule against ex-Gov. Murkowski.

By KYLE HOPKINS
Anchorage Daily News

Published: December 13, 2006
Last Modified: December 13, 2006 at 02:24 PM

With an eBay account and about $2.5 million, you too can fly in the state jet that cost former Gov. Frank Murkowski so much political pain in his failed re-election campaign.

Gov. Sarah Palin announced Tuesday that she plans to sell the Westwind II online to the highest bidder.

Terrible that she acted quickly to keep her campaign promises. A real bitch, right, Pyschobabble?

Murkowski bought the jet over the objections of the Legislature. Before leaving office earlier this month, he regularly used it to travel around the state, sharing it with the Department of Public Safety.

While running against Murkowski, Palin promised to "get rid" of the aircraft. If eBay doesn't work, the state will try something else, she said Tuesday.

Looks like eBay was only first choice all along and there was a Plan B. Ooops.

As for the Public Safety Department, which uses the Westwind II to transport prisoners out of state, Palin said she's asking the department to tell her what kind of aircraft would suit it best, and she will look for an OK from lawmakers to provide it.

"This is big enough and symbolic enough of an item that the Legislature should have their say," she said.

What an out-of-touch tyrant! Consulting representatives of the State? Who does she think she is?

Palin said the Public Safety Department needs an aircraft that's more versatile then the Westwind II and that can land on more runways around rural Alaska.

What's this? Saying "No" to an impractical jet for typical rural facilities? WTF? I bet there's a smaller prop manufacturer getting paid off, I know you'll get to the bottom of this, Pyschobabble!

She said she'll get around the far-flung state the same way previous governors have -- on commercial flights, and in the state's old King Air propeller planes, like the one she used to fly from Anchorage to Fairbanks on Tuesday.

So much for your "Charter" bullshit, I love the way you manufacture this crap through the fog of Schlitz.

Palin spokeswoman Meghan Stapleton said that because the Legislature wouldn't approve money for the jet, the Murkowski administration bought it the way you might buy a car -- making regular payments over 15 years while paying no money down.

The state makes quarterly payments of $62,492.79 on the jet, she said. After the payment due Friday, Alaska will still owe $2,516,386.06.

Figure out depreciation, maintenance, operating costs and interest. Get back to me with the figures.

Even a loon like you can quickly realize that we saved a shitload of money from getting out from under an aircraft not suitable for most missions in this State, and the overwhelming majority of us did not want in the first place.

Daily News reporter Kyle Hopkins can be reached at khopkins@adn.com.

NightTrain
09-07-2008, 04:25 AM
Oops, here's the link :

http://dwb.adn.com/front/story/8489684p-8383460c.html

PostmodernProphet
09-07-2008, 05:44 AM
But, maybe the waitress in the diner was just lying about the bitch. Correct me if I am wrong.

difficult call....we have at least 50/50 odds that the blogger was lying about the waitress in the diner.....

retiredman
09-07-2008, 07:48 AM
"How many saw her speech a couple of nights ago? Wasn't it fabulous?" McCain said Friday during a campaign stop in Cedarburg, Wisconsin. "You know what I enjoyed the most? She took the luxury jet that was purchased by her predecessor and sold it on eBay — and made a profit."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/06/alaska-state-jet-didnt-fly-on-ebay/

Immanuel
09-07-2008, 11:36 AM
"How many saw her speech a couple of nights ago? Wasn't it fabulous?" McCain said Friday during a campaign stop in Cedarburg, Wisconsin. "You know what I enjoyed the most? She took the luxury jet that was purchased by her predecessor and sold it on eBay — and made a profit."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/06/alaska-state-jet-didnt-fly-on-ebay/

MFM... the fact that Alaska eventually sold the jet for $300,000 less than a broker (who's job it is, is to get the highest price possible) asked for the plane, does not at all mean that it was sold at a loss.

The only way to tell whether it was sold for a profit or a loss is to have an appraisal done on the plane at the time it was sold. I would assume one was done and it might even be a matter of public record. Someone else can look it up if they want... I would imagine the DNC is already scrambling for that piece of info.

Something to note in your article is this tidbit:

When putting it on eBay failed, aircraft broker Rob Heckmann was called in to sell the jet. Businessman Larry Reynolds bought the five-passenger jet for sold for $2.1 million. And Reynolds is now seeking another $50,000 from the state for unexpected maintenance issues with the aircraft.

That tells me that the purchaser wasn't satisfied even with the lower price he paid for the plane. Alaska bought it for $2.7 million in 2005 under Gov. Murkowski and sold it for $2.1 million under Gov. Sarah Palin roughly two years later. Maybe, just maybe, the one that was fiscally irresponsible was Gov. Murkowski not Gov. Palin. Maybe the plane wasn't even worth $2 million when it was purchased.

Now, I'm sure the "joke" about putting it up for sale on ebay was hyperbole and really in a campaign such as this it was a stupid thing to do. Funny, yes, but personally making a note of the honest facts later in the speech by clarifying that it had not sold on ebay, would have been a good idea. I honestly don't think this is something Obama supporters should hang their hats on. It is meaningless campaign rhetoric.

Immie

retiredman
09-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Now, I'm sure the "joke" about putting it up for sale on ebay was hyperbole and really in a campaign such as this it was a stupid thing to do. Funny, yes, but personally making a note of the honest facts later in the speech by clarifying that it had not sold on ebay, would have been a good idea. I honestly don't think this is something Obama supporters should hang their hats on. It is meaningless campaign rhetoric.

Immie

and if the conservatives on here had not spent the last year dissecting every single sentence spoken by Obama, you might have a point.

Immanuel
09-07-2008, 12:12 PM
and if the conservatives on here had not spent the last year dissecting every single sentence spoken by Obama, you might have a point.

I do have a point! :P

Where have you found me dissecting every single sentence sponken by Obama. I think I have done a damn good job of leaving the man alone. True, I have said that I don't like him and I won't be voting for him. I have said that I think he is a socialist and I don't like that, but I have done a pretty good job of staying out of the attack Obama campaign of conservatives this board.

I have participated in the defend Palin campaign because honestly I don't like the character assassination that has been going on. And, here, I'll admit that I did a poor job four years ago against Kerry. No doubt about that.

I'd like to see the appraisal on that plane.

Immie

retiredman
09-07-2008, 12:18 PM
I do have a point! :P

Where have you found me dissecting every single sentence sponken by Obama. I think I have done a damn good job of leaving the man alone. True, I have said that I don't like him and I won't be voting for him. I have said that I think he is a socialist and I don't like that, but I have done a pretty good job of staying out of the attack Obama campaign of conservatives this board.

I have participated in the defend Palin campaign because honestly I don't like the character assassination that has been going on. And, here, I'll admit that I did a poor job four years ago against Kerry. No doubt about that.

I'd like to see the appraisal on that plane.

Immie

Immie...you know that I consider you a different breed of cat than the rest of the conservatives on here. We go way back, don't we?

Abbey Marie
09-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Immie...you know that I consider you a different breed of cat than the rest of the conservatives on here. We go way back, don't we?

Immie's conservative?! :eek:

stephanie
09-07-2008, 12:22 PM

the problem is..we took apart things that the Obambam actually said..

you scumbags are making shit up and trying to make it stick..

hows that working out for ya.???

Immanuel
09-07-2008, 12:28 PM

Of course we do. Yes, I know that and yes, I am a different breed!

Immie's conservative?! :eek:

Yes, I am a conservative... in fact... I believe I am one of the true "compassionate conservatives". AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!!!!!!!!! :laugh2:

The only reason you even have the inclination (I was thinking audacity) :poke: to ask that question is because George Bush lied about being a conservative and drug conservatism into the realms of neo-conservatism!

It's not my fault he drug true family values through the gutter.

Immie

Mr. P
09-07-2008, 01:00 PM

Like I said...she did good. If the aircraft was bought for 2.7 Alaska got screwed on the spot.

How about the E-bay add? You see they had a reserve (NOT MET)
Look at that last bid $1.6

Smart move to pull it and sell for $2.1.
http://starbulletin.com/2007/02/04/news/ebay_jet.pdf

CockySOB
09-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Like I said...she did good. If the aircraft was bought for 2.7 Alaska got screwed on the spot.

How about the E-bay add? You see they had a reserve (NOT MET)
Look at that last bid $1.6

Smart move to pull it and sell for $2.1.
http://starbulletin.com/2007/02/04/news/ebay_jet.pdf

Agreed on the move being smart. If the market won't support the asking price (which is always above market to leave room for negotiation), you drop the price. And if someone makes a counter-offer that is reasonable, you grab it and go.

Every minute that plane was owned by Alaska, it cost the taxpayers money - even if it was mothballed in a locked hanger. By getting rid of it sooner rather than later, Gov. Palin saved much more than the $300,000 difference between the original asking price and final sale price.