PDA

View Full Version : I don't like Private Messages

Psychoblues
09-06-2008, 12:23 AM
I have explained this to marteen and others before. We all have our differences and we all have our opinions. Generally speaking, private messages hide personal agendas and are generally disruptive to a living, breathing and healthy message board. There are occasions when private messaging is appropriate. I don't think that whether or not marteen and I or anyone else disagree or recognize each other are any of them.

I am sorry that some of you disagree. I can deal with that. I refuse to let your problems become my own.

I am certainly willing to man up on my own decisions and opinions. Are you?

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Immanuel
09-06-2008, 12:26 AM
If you don't like them, I'll be sending them to you every hour on the hour. :D Just to piss you off.

After all, isn't that why you post here? To piss off the conservatives. :poke:

Immie

actsnoblemartin
09-06-2008, 12:28 AM
I find that most communication should be out in the open, so that others can see your true feelings

so for the most part i agree, but its fun to use the pm sometimes :laugh2:

and as you're aware, i try to limit the pm's because i know you dont like them

I have explained this to marteen and others before. We all have our differences and we all have our opinions. Generally speaking, private messages hide personal agendas and are generally disruptive to a living, breathing and healthy message board. There are occasions when private messaging is appropriate. I don't think that whether or not marteen and I or anyone else disagree or recognize each other are any of them.

I am sorry that some of you disagree. I can deal with that. I refuse to let your problems become my own.

Mr. P
09-06-2008, 12:33 AM

Of course I would!

..is this a plea for PM's?

Psychoblues
09-06-2008, 12:37 AM
I know that, marteen, and I respect you for it. I wanted to open a conversation about this dilemma and the ptb misinterpreted the meaning and made a very rash decision, IMHO.

I find that most communication should be out in the open, so that others can see your true feelings

so for the most part i agree, but its fun to use the pm sometimes :laugh2:

and as you're aware, i try to limit the pm's because i know you dont like them

Perhaps this is a place, although under a different mantra, to examine the concept.

Thanks for all you do, marteen. You'll always be a Champion in my book of incredibly important DP posters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I get you an Ice Cold Bottled H20!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues
09-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Yurt, you are now on my list of private messengers to completely ignore. I tried and you died, cowgirl.

PostmodernProphet
09-06-2008, 04:48 AM
After all, isn't that why you post here? To piss off the conservatives. :poke:

Immie

I just assumed he was really like that.....some deranged liberal who was consumed by his desire to ruin the country to the point he felt compelled to post insane things.....do you mean it's all an act?......that's even worse.....what sane person would humiliate himself for fun?.....

midcan5
09-06-2008, 08:25 AM
I just assumed he was really like that.....some deranged liberal who was consumed by his desire to ruin the country to the point he felt compelled to post insane things.....do you mean it's all an act?......that's even worse.....what sane person would humiliate himself for fun?.....

After Cheney/Bush I hope you were standing on a chair when you wrote that.

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." Alice aka PMP

PostmodernProphet
09-06-2008, 10:01 AM
After Cheney/Bush I hope you were standing on a chair when you wrote that.

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." Alice aka PMP

couldn't....I was busy swinging it.....

KitchenKitten99
09-06-2008, 03:28 PM

You whine a lot. And you certainly should be fined or something for your overuse of smileys.

Mr. P
09-06-2008, 06:07 PM
You whine a lot. And you certainly should be fined or something for your overuse of smileys.

:laugh2: forgive her, she know not what she steps into.

Yurt
09-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Yurt, you are now on my list of private messengers to completely ignore. I tried and you died, cowgirl.

:thanks:

i would have done it sooner if i knew that is all it took for you to ignore all ONE of my pm's i have ever sent you :laugh2:

funny thing is though you were begging for it and YOU REPLIED :poke:

psydeshow rules!

actsnoblemartin
09-06-2008, 07:33 PM
*goes to the cooler, finds the mountain spring water, hands you aone, anything i can get you patriot*

Thanks for being so kind

you rule

:salute:

I know that, marteen, and I respect you for it. I wanted to open a conversation about this dilemma and the ptb misinterpreted the meaning and made a very rash decision, IMHO.

Perhaps this is a place, although under a different mantra, to examine the concept.

Thanks for all you do, marteen. You'll always be a Champion in my book of incredibly important DP posters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I get you an Ice Cold Bottled H20!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

actsnoblemartin
09-06-2008, 07:35 PM
I disagree, I dont see pb as a whiner.

I see him as a deeply honest person.

And i actually like the smilies to be honest :laugh2: :coffee: :cheers2: :lol: :dance:

CatalystOfChaos
09-06-2008, 07:41 PM

On most forums I'm on, I only approve of private messages that are private conversational topics between the users.

Such as...

Hey, you said you live *insert state here*, what part?

Hey, you said you went to *insert school*, what year?