PDA

View Full Version : Miss Wasilla: Fiscal Incompetent

Joe Steel
09-06-2008, 03:05 PM
"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a community organizer, except that you have actual responsibilities," Ms. Palin said Wednesday in her acceptance speech at the Republican convention.

I guess they also have actual records and Miss Wasilla's isn't too good.

WASILLA, Alaska -- The biggest project that Sarah Palin undertook as mayor of this small town was an indoor sports complex, where locals played hockey, soccer, and basketball, especially during the long, dark Alaskan winters.

The only catch was that the city began building roads and installing utilities for the project before it had unchallenged title to the land. The misstep led to years of litigation and at least $1.3 million in extra costs for a small municipality with a small budget. What was to be Ms. Palin's legacy has turned into a financial mess that continues to plague Wasilla.

"It's too bad that the city of Wasilla didn't do their homework and secure the land before they began construction," said Kathy Wells, a longtime activist here. "She was not your ceremonial mayor; she was in charge of running the city. So it was her job to make sure things were done correctly."

Palin's Hockey Rink LeadsTo Legal Trouble in Town She Led (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122065537792905483.html?mod=googlenews_wsj)

Abbey Marie
09-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Joe, you and your fellow Dems are

http://www.hauntworld.com/Scared/images/ScaredStiffLogo-large.jpg

PostmodernProphet
09-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Palin gives and saves amid big Alaska surplus

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-surplus5-2008sep05,0,2756085.story

Yurt
09-06-2008, 03:36 PM
taking a page out of mfm's logic book...if she were a man you would not be making so many hateful posts about her SEXIST...also the number of posts about palin shows an unhealthy, creepy obsession...

if you don't like it, talk to your dear friend mfm

Joe Steel
09-07-2008, 05:15 AM
taking a page out of mfm's logic book...if she were a man you would not be making so many hateful posts about her SEXIST...also the number of posts about palin shows an unhealthy, creepy obsession...

if you don't like it, talk to your dear friend mfm

Why are you ignoring the truth?

Why are you supporting Palin in the light of all the revelations of her incompetence?

Joe Steel
09-07-2008, 05:18 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-surplus5-2008sep05,0,2756085.story

Oil money...out of your pocket.

Miss Wasilla's windfall profits tax on oil companies is deductible from their federal taxes. What the oil companies pay Alaska they don't pay the United States. You have to make-up the difference.

Miss Wasilla is giving your money to her constituents.

Do you like supporting Alaskans?

PostmodernProphet
09-07-2008, 05:30 AM
You have to make-up the difference.

nah, I don't make more than $250k and your candidate says he's GIVING me money....

Joe Steel
09-07-2008, 02:41 PM
nah, I don't make more than $250k and your candidate says he's GIVING me money....

It was a collective "you" rather than you personally. And every taxpayer is subsidizing Alaskans not just those who make $250k or more.

bullypulpit
09-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Joe, you and your fellow Dems are

http://www.hauntworld.com/Scared/images/ScaredStiffLogo-large.jpg

Oh dear...that would imply that there is something to actually be frightened of! Grampy McCain and Caribou Barbie are no threat to anything but the remaining shreds and tatters of GOP credibility left by eight years of the Bush administration. :coffee:

Yurt
09-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Oil money...out of your pocket.

Miss Wasilla's windfall profits tax on oil companies is deductible from their federal taxes. What the oil companies pay Alaska they don't pay the United States. You have to make-up the difference.

Miss Wasilla is giving your money to her constituents.

Do you like supporting Alaskans?

bulllaketitticaca

you have proof? so those who are too poor to pay taxes are causing the rest of us to make up the difference...:poke:

you sir, are a moronski

Yurt
09-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Oh dear...that would imply that there is something to actually be frightened of! Grampy McCain and Caribou Barbie are no threat to anything but the remaining shreds and tatters of GOP credibility left by eight years of the Bush administration. :coffee:

sexist pig

PostmodernProphet
09-07-2008, 04:23 PM
It was a collective "you" rather than you personally. And every taxpayer is subsidizing Alaskans not just those who make $250k or more.

I thought we were "subsidizing" them because they didn't pay state taxes....

Joe Steel
09-07-2008, 04:55 PM
bulllaketitticaca

you have proof? so those who are too poor to pay taxes are causing the rest of us to make up the difference...:poke:

you sir, are a moronski

You should get someone to explain my posting to you.

Joe Steel
09-07-2008, 04:57 PM
I thought we were "subsidizing" them because they didn't pay state taxes....

US taxpayers are subsidizing Alaskans because the windfall profits taxes which fund their state payments are deductions on the oil company's US income taxes. US income taxes the oil companies don't pay have to be made-up by raising taxes on all other US taxpayers.

manu1959
09-07-2008, 05:03 PM
US taxpayers are subsidizing Alaskans because the windfall profits taxes which fund their state payments are deductions on the oil company's US income taxes. US income taxes the oil companies don't pay have to be made-up by raising taxes on all other US taxpayers.

so this fiscal incompetent has you paying taxes for her constituents.....damn she is stupid....

Joe Steel
09-07-2008, 05:11 PM
so this fiscal incompetent has you paying taxes for her constituents.....damn she is stupid....

I realize, from your point of view, this must seem like sheer genius. Those of us, however, who see beyond narrow partisan concerns see it for what it is; a blatant assault on the perfect union envisioned by the Founders. We are patriots unlike you.

manu1959
09-07-2008, 05:15 PM
I realize, from your point of view, this must seem like sheer genius. Those of us, however, who see beyond narrow partisan concerns see it for what it is; a blatant assault on the perfect union envisioned by the Founders. We are patriots unlike you.

well....oh mr self proclaimed smart person and self proclaimed patriot.....explain why my tax dollars go to help other states at all.....or fund the lives of the professionally incompetent......

Joe Steel
09-07-2008, 05:38 PM
well....oh mr self proclaimed smart person and self proclaimed patriot.....explain why my tax dollars go to help other states at all.....or fund the lives of the professionally incompetent......

Read the postings.

manu1959
09-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Read the postings.

so you don't know.....

emmett
09-07-2008, 05:50 PM

:lol:

Joe Steel
09-08-2008, 06:54 AM
Read the postings.

I know I've already explained it in the postings.

theHawk
09-08-2008, 08:14 AM

Well if the rest of America doesn't like it, then don't buy oil from Alaska. :laugh2:

You want to talk about taxes not being made by some result in others paying it for them? Thats exactly the platform Obama is running on!!! He wants a small minority to pay for the vast majority of everyone else's taxes. His whole economic platform is exploiting the fruits of labor of a small percentage of the population all in the name of a better economy. We had a system like that in the past, it was called slavery. Obama's plan is nothing but economic slavery.

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Well if the rest of America doesn't like it, then don't buy oil from Alaska. :laugh2:

They'd rather buy oil from Chavez anyway. Tsk tsk.

retiredman
09-08-2008, 09:35 AM
the facts are there: she took over as mayor and the town had zero debt, and now it has a large debt.

red states rule
09-08-2008, 09:36 AM

How much more in taxes do you want Exxon to pay?

http://bp0.blogger.com/_otfwl2zc6Qc/SJHf4dD8YmI/AAAAAAAAFRw/YKiJ36srIzo/s400/ex.bmp

According to CNN, Exxon Mobil once again reported the largest quarterly profit in U.S. history Thursday, posting net income of $11.68 billion on revenue of $138 billion in the second quarter.
That profit works out to $1,485.55 a second.

Buried in the story we also find that "In addition to making hefty profits, Exxon also had a hefty tax bill. Worldwide, the company paid $10.5 billion in income taxes in the second quarter, $9.5 billion in sales taxes, and over $12 billion in what it called 'other taxes.'"

MP: In other words, Exxon Mobil paid (or at least collected) $32.361 billion in taxes in the second quarter, which works out to $4,114 in taxes per second. Another way to look at it - Exxon paid (or collected) almost $3 in taxes ($32.361 billion) for every $1 in profits ($11.68 billion)

http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2008/07/exxon-posts-record-3236-billion-tax.html

Yurt
09-08-2008, 10:16 AM
You should get someone to explain my posting to you.

so in other words, YOU CAN'T :lol:

Joe Steel
09-08-2008, 12:16 PM
so in other words, YOU CAN'T :lol:

No.

I've already posted an explanation. Read it.

Joe Steel
09-08-2008, 12:17 PM
MP: In other words, Exxon Mobil paid (or at least collected) $32.361 billion in taxes in the second quarter, which works out to $4,114 in taxes per second. Another way to look at it - Exxon paid (or collected) almost $3 in taxes ($32.361 billion) for every $1 in profits ($11.68 billion)

http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2008/07/exxon-posts-record-3236-billion-tax.html

Without seeing the financial statements (at least) those numbers don't mean anything.

PostmodernProphet
09-08-2008, 01:04 PM
the facts are there: she took over as mayor and the town had zero debt, and now it has a large debt.

a debt which they are paying off ahead of schedule.....and they have a community center to show for it.....

Mr. P
09-08-2008, 01:05 PM

Joe, no company pays taxes at all...the consumer does through the product price. It's business accounting 101.

retiredman
09-08-2008, 01:26 PM
a debt which they are paying off ahead of schedule.....and they have a community center to show for it.....

which is still under litigation... hey....don't sweat it. I understand that she can do no wrong and that she is your new queen. excuse me if I fail to genuflect.

Mr. P
09-08-2008, 01:31 PM
which is still under litigation... hey....don't sweat it. I understand that she can do no wrong and that she is your new queen. excuse me if I fail to genuflect.

Regardless of litigation..if there is any...the debt will still be payed off.

Joe Steel
09-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Joe, no company pays taxes at all...the consumer does through the product price. It's business accounting 101.

Nope.

The firm may or may not be able to pass-along its cost increases. It depends on the market. Markets drive prices not costs.

Yurt
09-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Nope.

The firm may or may not be able to pass-along its cost increases. It depends on the market. Markets drive prices not costs.

uh, yeah, if the company cannot pass on the taxes, e.g., is losing money, they will not make the product, so yes, it is a myth that corps pay taxes

Yurt
09-08-2008, 01:37 PM

how is the cocaine train campaign?

Yurt
09-08-2008, 01:38 PM
No.

I've already posted an explanation. Read it.

bullcowpie, link up, i am not going to guess what your alleged explanation is

Mr. P
09-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Nope.

You'd fail at running a business if you really believe that. Cost is factored into price and markets...only a fool would sell a produce that COST them money to produce that could not be gained back at the point of sale..

Joe Steel
09-08-2008, 03:03 PM
uh, yeah, if the company cannot pass on the taxes, e.g., is losing money, they will not make the product, so yes, it is a myth that corps pay taxes

Nope.

Joe Steel
09-08-2008, 03:04 PM
You'd fail at running a business if you really believe that. Cost is factored into price and markets...only a fool would sell a produce that COST them money to produce that could not be gained back at the point of sale..

Wrong.

Yurt
09-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Nope.

yup

Mr. P
09-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Wrong.

Ok..so tell us, Joe. Where does the money come from that companies use to pay taxes?

Sitarro
09-08-2008, 05:00 PM

So tell us Joey, did you pay taxes this year, last year, ever? You actually need to earn an income to pay taxes on it, as a freshman high schooler, what income are you earning? You're a dimwit Joey, go tell your mommy that I'm picking on you.:cool:

Yurt
09-08-2008, 05:06 PM
So tell us Joey, did you pay taxes this year, last year, ever? You actually need to earn an income to pay taxes on it, as a freshman high schooler, what income are you earning? You're a dimwit Joey, go tell your mommy that I'm picking on you.:cool:

:laugh2:

Joe Steel
09-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Ok..so tell us, Joe. Where does the money come from that companies use to pay taxes?

Sales.

Yurt
09-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Sales.

where does the money for "sales" come from?

Kathianne
09-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Sales.

If the sales do not exceed costs and produce a profit, business is kaput.

Mr. P
09-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Sales.

Right...now one step at a time here..sales to who?

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Not that you'd know, Joe, but here around Wasilla we've got lots more paved roads and stoplights now. Streets that were gravel for years suddenly got paved. 4-way stopsigns that were there for years suddenly transformed into streetlights.

We even got a new park for the kids to play in, and the other day I took my kids down to that park to play with our new R/C Helicopters.

Sarah started here and things got immensely better when she took charge.

When she's VP, things will shape up for you - after you get a job, of course.

Until then, your Mom will cheer on the first female VP, and you'll reap the benefits of the new McCain/Palin administration with the good feeling that your Mom has a friend in the White House.

You may want to erase your computer files, so that your Mom doesn't see the silly shit you've been posting. Biting the hand that feeds you is not conducive to your support.

Mr. P
09-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Not that you'd know, Joe, but here around Wasilla we've got lots more paved roads and stoplights now. Streets that were gravel for years suddenly got paved. 4-way stopsigns that were there for years suddenly transformed into streetlights.

We even got a new park for the kids to play in, and the other day I took my kids down to that park to play with our new R/C Helicopters.

Until then, your Mom will cheer on the first female VP, and you'll reap the benefits of the new McCain/Palin administration with the good feeling that your Mom has a friend in the White House.

You may want to erase your computer files, so that your Mom doesn't see the silly shit you've been posting. Biting the hand that feeds you is not conducive to your support.

Damn, now ya got speed traps! :laugh2:

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Damn, now ya got speed traps! :laugh2:

The bad news is that since she left office, the local cops no longer have orders to leave us snowmachiners alone.

To be honest, I'm thrilled that you'll all get Sarah as VP, but I really will miss her as Mayor.

Joe Steel
09-09-2008, 07:02 AM
where does the money for "sales" come from?

Purchasers.

Joe Steel
09-09-2008, 07:02 AM
If the sales do not exceed costs and produce a profit, business is kaput.

Correct.

Joe Steel
09-09-2008, 07:03 AM
Right...now one step at a time here..sales to who?

Purchasers.

Joe Steel
09-09-2008, 07:04 AM

Taxes work.

bullypulpit
09-09-2008, 08:04 AM

Thanks to all those earmarks she got from Washington?