PDA

View Full Version : for our international users

actsnoblemartin
09-06-2008, 07:47 PM
I would like to see how many international people/flavor is on the board

If you were born outside of & live outside the united states please tell us where you were born, and where you live now

Noir
09-06-2008, 08:04 PM
I was born in the uk....I live in the uk...not to exciting but that's about that.

actsnoblemartin
09-06-2008, 08:07 PM
what part of the u.k.?

do you live in that same place now?

tell us about the u.k., where you group up, the landscape, weather, people etc etc

I was born in the uk....I live in the uk...not to exciting but that's about that.

Noir
09-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Hmm....ok, aslong as you dontb plan on hunting me down and raping me, I live in Nothern Ireland in a large coastal town (large by our standards) the landscape tends to be very green, as we only have 1 proper city, with a population of 500000, half of the countrys population.

The people tend I be horrid, on the whole not very friendly and rather uneasy between certain groups, but we don't bomb or shoot each other anywhere near as much as we we too.

The weather is as bad as the people, in the summer it will rain everyother day, in the wintr it goes up to basicly everyday.

Yet we are a very proud nation, almost to the level of obcession, and will not let anyone by our own talk us down, and we have a certain wit that I have not yet seen in any other countries make-up

actsnoblemartin
09-06-2008, 08:28 PM
so youre irish, cool :salute:

Hmm....ok, aslong as you dontb plan on hunting me down and raping me,

dam i knew i should of have your phone tapped

:lol:

I live in Nothern Ireland

I have a dear friend in northern ireland

in a large coastal town (large by our standards) the landscape tends to be very green, as we only have 1 proper city, with a population of 500000, half of the countrys population.

The people tend I be horrid, on the whole not very friendly and rather uneasy between certain groups, but we don't bomb or shoot each other anywhere near as much as we we too.

The weather is as bad as the people, in the summer it will rain everyother day, in the wintr it goes up to basicly everyday.

Yet we are a very proud nation, almost to the level of obcession, and will not let anyone by our own talk us down, and we have a certain wit that I have not yet seen in any other countries make-up

Noir
09-06-2008, 08:47 PM
No. I'm Northern Irish and British. I know it may not seem like a bug difference to you if I'm Irish or Northern Irish but it's a huge differnce over here, a difference which over 3000 people were murdered because of.

actsnoblemartin
09-06-2008, 08:50 PM
i thought irish wanted independence?

and you can be british and irish ok.

how come 3,000 were murdered?

No. I'm Northern Irish and British. I know it may not seem like a bug difference to you if I'm Irish or Northern Irish but it's a huge differnce over here, a difference which over 3000 people were murdered because of.

Noir
09-06-2008, 09:09 PM
the Irish are independent. Basicly we have 1 island with 2 countries; the republic of ireland and Northern Ireland. the former is an independent state, the latter is part of the uk.

It is a very long and complicated story that has unfolded over hundreds of years, but to put it very briefly. Britain controled all of Ireland, but rebels wanted to be free, so they fought the Brits, as a compremise britian gave independence to mostvof Ireland, except the top 1/4 or so of the island that wanted to remain part of the UK. Thus northern Ireland was born.

While we are simalar in name we are very dffrent, saying thatvireland and northern Ireland are the same would be like saying America and canada must be the same cue they are on the same land mass.

The Irish remained bitter, many refusing to see Northern Ireland as a real country. In the late 1960's a group called the IRA came into the mix (the Irish republicain army) these terrorists wanted to remove northern Ireland and make us part of Ireland, and they tried to achive there goals with bombs and bullets, in their 30 year 'war' they murdered over 3000 people, only in the past few years have they stopped the bloodshed, and are now tryin to unite Ireland through politics, indeed the head of the IRA are now the leaders of the 2nd larger party in Northern Ireland Shinn féin (Irish for 'us alone')

That is a very basic round up.

actsnoblemartin
09-06-2008, 10:52 PM
thank you for the history lesson

I never knew why the i.r.a. did what they did

Thanks man

the Irish are independent. Basicly we have 1 island with 2 countries; the republic of ireland and Northern Ireland. the former is an independent state, the latter is part of the uk.

It is a very long and complicated story that has unfolded over hundreds of years, but to put it very briefly. Britain controled all of Ireland, but rebels wanted to be free, so they fought the Brits, as a compremise britian gave independence to mostvof Ireland, except the top 1/4 or so of the island that wanted to remain part of the UK. Thus northern Ireland was born.

While we are simalar in name we are very dffrent, saying thatvireland and northern Ireland are the same would be like saying America and canada must be the same cue they are on the same land mass.

The Irish remained bitter, many refusing to see Northern Ireland as a real country. In the late 1960's a group called the IRA came into the mix (the Irish republicain army) these terrorists wanted to remove northern Ireland and make us part of Ireland, and they tried to achive there goals with bombs and bullets, in their 30 year 'war' they murdered over 3000 people, only in the past few years have they stopped the bloodshed, and are now tryin to unite Ireland through politics, indeed the head of the IRA are now the leaders of the 2nd larger party in Northern Ireland Shinn féin (Irish for 'us alone')

That is a very basic round up.