PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon asian/bbq turns political, obama loses a voter to palin

Yurt
09-06-2008, 08:29 PM
family....

my cousin and his friends are uber liberals. my cousin's dad shakes his head, but my cousin has always done his own thing. whenever we discuss politics, it gets pretty deep, this dude is no intellectual lightweight so i am always scrambling to defend myself (the smart....ass...as i call him) and then you add his freakin "modern thinking" dumbasses, errr, friends and oh boy, its a grand ol' time, but their lightweights compared to him. i am outnumbered 4-1, my wife was for hillary, then obama until he started going back on his promises, but she still likes his insurance message (canadian/american) and when hillary did not get the nod, and he picked an old white guy, she was ticked as according to her it was the last straw that broke his message and i found out today in a blurt that she is voting for mccain because of palin...haha, you libs.

of course she was roundly criticized for voting for a prez because of a vp, but she doesn't like to argue and said: its my vote, i can do what i want. as i bust up laughing and got up to get another round of beers. btw, its fun living in a small apt, because those you don't like have to sit on boxes :laugh2:

anyhoo, despite being outnumbered, i did not tell anyone to f*ck themselves etc... we all left thinking the exact same way, a wee bit more inebriated, :coffee:, but had fun nonetheless.

my asian noodle stir fry (heavy ginger) with bbq chicken (no sauce, just pepper bbq'd) and my wife's spring rolls kicked ass btw and ---> on that we all agreed.

:cheers2:

actsnoblemartin
09-06-2008, 08:30 PM
I hope you remind your wife what a failure the canadian health care system is, and would not work here

but, glad you were so polite to the dorks, and your lovely wife :dance:

Yurt
09-06-2008, 08:38 PM
I hope you remind your wife what a failure the canadian health care system is, and would not work here

but, glad you were so polite to the dorks, and your lovely wife :dance:

no one is from maine :laugh2:

actually, it is still an open debate, sure, on the highend the med treatment the US wins out...but on the low end, i don't know, haven't lived there, she will absolutely not allow us to go without health insurance as she has had it her whole life. i don't fault her, she knows how i feel, i have used our insurance 3 times in the past 5 years, i could have saved thousands, however, i am loathe to tell my better half, who loves me unconditionally, to stop payment for something she believes in.....for what IF

actsnoblemartin
09-06-2008, 08:43 PM
as i said, you have a lovely wife :salute:

and few go to maine either :laugh2:, its a pimple on the face of america :coffee:

you rightly point out, there is no perfect system, but nice to see you and your wife, can disagree so peacefully some cant handle disagreement

no one is from maine :laugh2:

actually, it is still an open debate, sure, on the highend the med treatment the US wins out...but on the low end, i don't know, haven't lived there, she will absolutely not allow us to go without health insurance as she has had it her whole life. i don't fault her, she knows how i feel, i have used our insurance 3 times in the past 5 years, i could have saved thousands, however, i am loathe to tell my better half, who loves me unconditionally, to stop payment for something she believes in.....for what IF

jackass
09-07-2008, 12:00 PM
my asian noodle stir fry (heavy ginger) with bbq chicken (no sauce, just pepper bbq'd) and my wife's spring rolls kicked ass btw and ---> on that we all agreed.

:cheers2:

This Thread Is Useless Without a Recipe...!!! :poke: :laugh2:

Yurt
09-07-2008, 12:32 PM
This Thread Is Useless Without a Recipe...!!! :poke: :laugh2:

lol, secret, i tell you... i kill you

you'll laugh, but my noodles are:

http://www.koamart.com/images/products/1058_default.gif

best ramen out there

boil ramen, with ginger, seasoning packets

when ramen is done, add medly: broccoli, cauliflower, carrot for about 2 minutes

in wok (i use non stick) saute ginger (i use alot) in oil for 30 seconds, add mushrooms for about 2 minutes

drain ramen/medley, add to wok, add more ginger, a wee bit of soy sauce, and half of another seasoning packet or whatever asian spices you want

saute for another 4-5 minutes on high, add half of the green onions for the last minute, pour into dish and top with green onions

jackass
09-07-2008, 04:37 PM
I LOVE easy recipes!! :)

Yurt
09-08-2008, 01:59 AM
I LOVE easy recipes!! :)

oh yeah