PDA

View Full Version : So only the left can claim a strong BLACK woman?

Yurt
09-06-2008, 10:16 PM
get over yourselves...you all tend to forget Ms. Rice. You insult her, deride her.....but....gasp, you are afraid, just like palin made you all afraid of the truth, the gop is not against minorities or women, the LIBS are..... actions speak louder than words, but according to obama, words mean something, something, something, well big, what do they mean.

Rice: `Time isn't right for the Russia agreement'

ALGIERS, Algeria - Now is not the right time for the U.S. to move forward on a once-celebrated deal for civilian nuclear cooperation with Russia, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Saturday.

Her comment increased speculation that President Bush is planning to punish Moscow for invading Georgia, a former Soviet republic, by canceling the agreement. Such a move is being planned, according to senior Bush administration officials, but is not yet final.

"The time isn't right for the Russia agreement," Rice told reporters while flying from Tunisia to Algeria during a visit to North Africa. "We'll be making an announcement about that later."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080906/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_russia

holy crap, a black WOMAN that is higher than the messiah hisself?

actsnoblemartin
09-06-2008, 10:50 PM
you forget the level of hate, i mean how dare a black person think for themselves, meaning.... disagree with a liberal or liberal policies

blacks, jews, whites, and asians who arent liberal are fair game for left wing hate, and racism

I didnt say all, :coffee: but i think its shame that it happens period

get over yourselves...you all tend to forget Ms. Rice. You insult her, deride her.....but....gasp, you are afraid, just like palin made you all afraid of the truth, the gop is not against minorities or women, the LIBS are..... actions speak louder than words, but according to obama, words mean something, something, something, well big, what do they mean.

ALGIERS, Algeria - Now is not the right time for the U.S. to move forward on a once-celebrated deal for civilian nuclear cooperation with Russia, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Saturday.

Her comment increased speculation that President Bush is planning to punish Moscow for invading Georgia, a former Soviet republic, by canceling the agreement. Such a move is being planned, according to senior Bush administration officials, but is not yet final.

"The time isn't right for the Russia agreement," Rice told reporters while flying from Tunisia to Algeria during a visit to North Africa. "We'll be making an announcement about that later."

CatalystOfChaos
09-06-2008, 11:45 PM
A study in concepts of "whiteness" or "blackness" is quite interesting.

I read a few books on the subject... the whole system is just odd.

People consider Rice and Powell to be "too white." Obama gets accused of being "too white" as well. But then when he does things that are culturally pointed to as being black, he gets criticized for trying to play to "his demographic."

I hate the whole thing.

Policies, principles, voting record, etc should be looked at. Not how white or how black someone is.

No one has ever denied that Rice is smart. But I've heard even comedians (who are often insightful political commentators if you listen to them) refer to her as being white, or an oreo, or other such nonsense.

Racism is still prevalent in our country, it just tries to be a little more subtle lol. I love when Katrina hit, CNN reported black people as "looting" but white people were "scavenging for supplies."

actsnoblemartin
09-06-2008, 11:48 PM
their is this racism by some in the black community, that if you dont act a certain way, that others like, or agree with

your not black

its very idiotic

A study in concepts of "whiteness" or "blackness" is quite interesting.

People consider Rice and Powell to be "too white." Obama gets accused of being "too white" as well. But then when he does things that are culturally pointed to as being black, he gets criticized for trying to play to "his demographic."

I hate the whole thing.

Policies, principles, voting record, etc should be looked at. Not how white or how black someone is.

No one has ever denied that Rice is smart. But I've heard even comedians (who are often insightful political commentators if you listen to them) refer to her as being white, or an oreo, or other such nonsense.

Racism is still prevalent in our country, it just tries to be a little more subtle lol. I love when Katrina hit, CNN reported black people as "looting" but white people were "scavenging for supplies."

CatalystOfChaos
09-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Yes.

It's odd that many stereotyped groups don't like the stereotypes, but are perfectly happy perpetuating them.

actsnoblemartin
09-06-2008, 11:54 PM
I am rather enjoying your contributions to the board

Keep up the excellent work

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes.

It's odd that many stereotyped groups don't like the stereotypes, but are perfectly happy perpetuating them.

Nuc
09-07-2008, 12:00 AM
The right would have more integrity saying this if they had tossed up Rice instead of a soccer mom into the VP sweepstakes.

CatalystOfChaos
09-07-2008, 12:02 AM
I am rather enjoying your contributions to the board

Keep up the excellent work

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I try :-)

actsnoblemartin
09-07-2008, 12:08 AM
I disagree, one doesnt need to put a woman or non-white person on the ticket to support them.

I think policies, political records, and other things decide it better.

Barrack was the best candidate according to the voters in the democratic primaries, if they voted for or against him because of his race, that seems shallow to me

But, i respect your opinion nuc

The right would have more integrity saying this if they had tossed up Rice instead of a soccer mom into the VP sweepstakes.

Yurt
09-07-2008, 01:41 AM
=CatalystOfChaos;293298]A study in concepts of "whiteness" or "blackness" is quite interesting.

sure, to a white or black guy, try telling that to a half east indian born in canada whose dad is scott.

I hate the whole thing.

PostmodernProphet
09-07-2008, 05:32 AM
So only the left can claim a strong BLACK woman?
????.......who's the strong black woman on the left?.....

bullypulpit
09-07-2008, 02:55 PM

Your statement implying that Ms. Rice is anything more than a bumbler who was in over her head from day one with the Bush administration.

SassyLady
09-07-2008, 04:05 PM

Wow - I sure hope that Biden's kids didn't play any soccer or we might have to refer to him as, OMG, that dreaded derogatory term, EEEEEKKKK "soccer dad" and let everyone know that we can't possibly have a "soccer dad" as a possible VP.

You are severely dragging the bottom of the barrel if you think this is a negative.

Let's try this....even though Biden had five student draft deferments I wouldn't refer to him as a draft dodger.........that might be considered derogatory and an attempt to defer the focus from his experience to just one tiny little aspect of his past. But if I said that, I could always say that its just liberal side of me coming out and rearing its ugly head.

PS - she's a HOCKEY mom, not a soccer mom.

Yurt
09-07-2008, 04:23 PM

yeah, they should have forced rice to be vp, how about a reality check...she DID NOT WANT to be vp...and honestly, our side doesn't want any of your 'integrity'

Your statement implying that Ms. Rice is anything more than a bumbler who was in over her head from day one with the Bush administration.

do you frequently have problem finishing your thoughts....