PDA

View Full Version : islam 101

Gaffer
03-13-2007, 07:18 PM
If anyone is really interested in finding out about islam and what it is all about I recommend the following site. Check out islam 101 and islam 102. It's a long read but VERY informative.

http://jihadwatch.org/

stephanie
03-13-2007, 07:45 PM
If anyone is really interested in finding out about Islam and what it is all about I recommend the following site. Check out Islam 101 and Islam 102. It's a long read but VERY informative.

http://jihadwatch.org/

Have had their site in my favorites for awhile now...
Lot's of good info...:2up:

Yurt
03-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Rule 1: Kill the infidel

Rule 101: Kill the infidel

Gaffer
03-13-2007, 08:25 PM

Wow you read fast. :laugh2:

glockmail
03-13-2007, 08:27 PM

With excellent comprehension as well! :coffee:

Yurt
03-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Wow you read fast. :laugh2:

Wait, skipped over rule 73: kill the infidel

:laugh2:

CSM
03-14-2007, 06:03 AM
Well you two should have finished reading:

102 If you can't kill the infidel, tax them.

103 If the infidel runs out of money, kill them.

*sheesh* I hate it when thinks get twisted or only half the story gets told!

Gaffer
03-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Well you two should have finished reading:

102 If you can't kill the infidel, tax them.

103 If the infidel runs out of money, kill them.

*sheesh* I hate it when thinks get twisted or only half the story gets told!

yeah should have noted that too. It all just shows the tolerance and peacefulness of islam.

LiberalNation
03-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Yeah an anti-Muslim sites is gona be such a reliable source on the subject and all, no bias there at all. :rolleyes:

gabosaurus
03-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Mein Kampf for the modern hateful generation.

Nukeman
03-14-2007, 07:04 PM
do you personally know much about the Islamic faith?? Have you ever studied on the fastest growing religion?? If not I strongly suggest you do, I think you will be surprised at how much hypocrisy and violence ther actually is in thier religion of peace.

If your really interested I can give you Islamic websights that are owned and operated by Muslims or I could tell you numours stories..

That is if you really wnat to know. No i dont get my info from jihadwatch.com

gabosaurus
03-14-2007, 07:10 PM
One of the basic tenets of Islam is that it can not be understood by those who can not read Arabic and have not made a comprehensive study of the entire document.
Most non-Muslims tend to quote the Quoran out of context. Just as many non-Christians fail to understand The Bible.
Yes, the Quoran is a violent work. So is The Bible.

Nukeman
03-14-2007, 07:17 PM
One of the basic tenets of Islam is that it can not be understood by those who can not read Arabic and have not made a comprehensive study of the entire document.
Most non-Muslims tend to quote the Quoran out of context. Just as many non-Christians fail to understand The Bible.
Yes, the Qu'ran is a violent work. So is The Bible.
One point you fail to realize is that a large proportion of the Muslims in the world are infact illterate. They recieve all thier knowledge about Islam from a few "learned" individuals who give thier interpritation of the Qu'ran. Now it only takes a couple of lunatics to turn a whole flock into raving zealots.

The biggest problem with the Islamic faith is that there is no hierachy in the religion. All other organized religions have a specific order to how you progress thru the Church, Synagog or whatever.. They "Islam" do not and that is the biggest problem with interpretation and teaching of their "holy word"

gabosaurus
03-14-2007, 07:23 PM
The biggest problem with the Islamic faith is that there is no hierachy in the religion. All other organized religions have a specific order to how you progress thru the Church, Synagog or whatever.. They "Islam" do not and that is the biggest problem with interpretation and teaching of their "holy word"

Thanks for proving your stupidity about the subject. :clap:

glockmail
03-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Yeah an anti-Muslim sites is gona be such a reliable source on the subject and all, no bias there at all. :rolleyes:
Like this one? http://www.islam101.com/quran/yusufAli/

krisy
03-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Come on guys. You don't think a religon that regularly beats women,kills innocent women and children and wishes hurt on to most of the world is peaceful?!

Your not being fair :2up:

Gaffer
03-14-2007, 08:15 PM

You haven't read it.

Your nothing but an islamist apologist.

The idea that it isn't interpreted properly is bullshit. Someone that speaks arabic and english can interpret it. And nothing in that post is taken out of context. They make sure to include the entire quote so that it is fully understood.

Your no better than the al queda you support. Your stupid and proud of it and nothing anyone says is going to change you.

5stringJeff
03-14-2007, 10:18 PM

The Quran can be studied in any language into which it is properly translated. There is no reason that an English speaker can't read the Quran and draw conclusions from it, just as a non-Christian can read the Bible and draw their conclusions on it.

Yes, the Quoran is a violent work. So is The Bible.

The Bible doesn't command Christians to kill those they can't convert.

Nukeman
03-15-2007, 06:06 AM
Thanks for proving your stupidity about the subject. :clap:Care to elaborate or are you once again making general comments.....

Nukeman
03-15-2007, 06:14 AM
This is a small peice from islam.org I hope you can read

In Islam there is no church hierarchy no priests, ministers, vicars, deans, or popes. When a Muslim prays he prays directly to God not through any intermediary. When he serves God he is not serving an institution but God alone. Every human being is individually responsible for their own actions and their own beliefs. No one can take that responsibility away from you.

If you think that anyone is ordering you to act against what you sincerely believe to be the will of God you are duty bound to disobey that order and instead obey Allah. This is the principle that

Allah is the sovereign

and follows directly from the shahada which is the testifying that makes some one into a Muslim - namely:

There is no god except Allah and Muhammad is a messenger of Allah

Of course in coming to your conclusions about what Islam teaches you will find it useful to consult those who have studied the religion's sources carefully. These are the scientists of the religion (in Arabic: 'ulema ud-din). These scientists may have varying interpretations and opinions but they all use essentially the same source material. This leads us to another principle which is that

There are no sects in Islam only different interpretations

Nukeman
03-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Gee Gabby nothing to say on this issue anymore???

Gaffer
03-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Gee gaby does this piss you off :pee: islam :pee: allah :pee: muslims

I am really begin to suspect you.